[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well guys, I finally have a car. Bought an 04' Audi A6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: _20151207_220945.jpg (1 MB, 2820x2036) Image search: [Google]
_20151207_220945.jpg
1 MB, 2820x2036
Well guys, I finally have a car.
Bought an 04' Audi A6 2.7t.

The thing is.....I still have nowhere to go.
>>
Nice car, OP.
>>
>>24825580
Thanks man. I've been without one for so long, it feels nice.
It helps that its something that I wanted too.
Just sucks I have nowhere to go in it or anyone tto show it to.
>>
>not buying american

Hopefully you'll never need to get parts for it
>>
>>24825638

>buying american on anything that isn't a pickup truck

you'd have to be retarded considering the other options out there tbqh
>>
>>24825638
>believe this meme
An old man told you this, didn't he?
>>
>>24825547
Congratulations, you're now the proud owner of one of the worst cars ever made.
>>
File: b.jpg (93 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
93 KB, 500x667
you showed it to us OP. i like your car.
>>
>>24825684
That's funny. I didn't know I had the same car as you.
>>
>>24825547
Respectable car, OP. How many miles, and how much did you pay? Also you better have gotten the 6spd manual and not a kuckomatic

One of my buddies has the same car, though lowered with some other mods to it. He hit 240k miles this year. Those engines will go forever with good maintenance, much unlike the 3.0 non-turbo engines
>>
>>24825638
>>24825684
samefag

American cars are an absolute joke. Even Toyota now makes objectively better pickup trucks, and that's literally the only type of auto America has ever made well.
>>
>>24825751
Unfortunately it's auto, but I'll manage.
It has 102,000 pretty much all highway miles on it.
Plan on replacing the timing belt soon just for preventative maintenance.
>>
>>24825717
It's funny that you think I'm just giving you shit.
I fix VAG products for a living. The 2.7 is the worst thing ever and the interior starts falling the fuck apart after around 60k unless you don't touch anything.
Seriously, go look at the underside of your engine, I guaran-fucking-tee you the entire bottom half and the splash pan will be covered in oil.
>>
>>24825547
Nice car but I've heard audis have shit reliability
>>
>>24825807
102k is not bad. Glad you know about the timing belt already. It's difficult to do yourself on those engines, unfortunately, because you need to remove the entire engine to do it. Make sure you do the water pump too.

How much did you pay?
>>
where do you live?
nbrefibqireburf
>>
File: Nah.jpg (181 KB, 1500x768) Image search: [Google]
Nah.jpg
181 KB, 1500x768
>>24825807
>Soon
You have 3k miles before it breaks.

>>24825786
Yeah, no.
>>
>>24825786
you tell yourself that takumi
>>
>>24825816
No, its not because this car has been properly maintained its whole life. I know the previous and only owner.
>>
>>24825850
$4,500 because the old owner is a family friend.
>>
>>24825872
Louisiana
Feels bad.
>>
>>24825850
>It's difficult to do yourself on those engines, unfortunately, because you need to remove the entire engine to do it
You need to remove the front end and it's not terribly difficult, just make sure you disconnect everything the first time around. You're thinking of 4.2 timing chains.
>>
File: redneck.jpg (47 KB, 475x311) Image search: [Google]
redneck.jpg
47 KB, 475x311
>>24825889
>le ebin american meme cars
American trucks rust like shit and are for rednecks. Muscle cars are and always have been garbage with underutilized engines and shit handling and suspension. Gigantic american sedans are for niggers.

Pic related is you. America has never made a car worth owning.
>>
>>24825982
Ah you might be right about that. My mistake.
>>
>>24825927
That's a screaming good deal. With good maintenance, that's a very good buy on your end.

I actually just got a new car as well. Sold my volvo XC70 with 230k miles and bought an RSX-S with 55k. Got tired of expensive repairs on the volvo, wanted something that will last a while and be cheap to fix.
>>
>>24826028
So how's the bus?
>>
>>24825547
try going to fuck yourself..
>>
>>24826190
If it was made by GM like most American buses, it's running poorly. I actually just bought a car last week senpai, and it's not an inefficient freedom machine.
>>
Mechanic here

Japanese > American > European

Your opinions are objectively wrong
>>
>>24826374
This guy knows.
I forgot I'm not on /o/.
>>
>>24826374
True for reliability and repair cost. Untrue for motorsport and driving enjoyability.
>>
>>24826516
Spoken like somebody who's never had to live with or fix a European car but drove a 3-Series once.
>>
>>24826374
>tfw gonna be a mechanic
>>
>>24826516
>reliability and repair cost
that's what you want in a car unless you're some fucking snapback tipping faggot that wants to impress his bros on government bux
>>
>>24826516
>driving enjoyability
That's your opinion and but I respectfully disagree.

Audis, Volkswagens, and BMWs are utter nightmares to drive and their only appeal is their price tag to look cool in.

If you want to drive a cramped manual so badly plenty of imports have that option.
>>
>>24826660
I know this is bait but fuck...
I have an e46 wagon with 205000 miles that I have owned from 13000, and it has been the most reliable car I've ever had. I can count the parts I've had to replace on my 2 hands. Yes parts are slightly more expensive but this meme of unreliability needs to stop.
>>
>>24826374
Yeah yeah.

I bought a Celica GT-S with 180hp and 130 tq.

MFW I could have bought a SRT4 Neon with 250hp and a fuckload of torque instead for the same money.

The Japanese car meme needs to die.
>>
>>24826857

its not all about hp, those neons are quick but they're pieces of shit. The GT-S has a high revving NA engine that goes all the way to 8000. I would've gotten a civic Si tho.
>>
>>24826028
I drive a Grand Marquis, best car I've ever owned honest to god. Ford really hit it out of the park with this one, it's a damn shame they stopped making them. I recommend everyone get one (or crown vic), you can probably find a mint grandma owned one with 20k but mine has 100k on it.
>>
>>24826889
>its not all about hp

Why not?

It IS all about the hp and torque, anything else is just dancing around the main event.
>>
>>24826841
You did good there, the E46 was the last good car BMW made (so long as you take care of it). I figured you were some "muh ultimate driving musheen" dipshit who lusts after the badge for no particular reason. Basically, every one of my customers who turns down maintenance items/repairs because they have no money.
I do enjoy driving the good ones, though.

The only think I like about the E90s and up are the red interiors. They're sexy as fuck.
>>
>>24825638
How old and out of touch are you? I've got a Saab 9-2x and find compatible parts everywhere. Subarus, Hondas, Toyotas, parts are easily available.
>>
You own or the bank owns it?
>>
>>24827374
It's an '04 A6... Chances are it didn't cost that much, even for an Audi. His money is gonna be in oil changes.
>>
>>24826857
Woohoo, I bought 1/6th of a Viper der der derr. You're still driving a Neon.
>>
>>24826374
would you say that for all American car brands? Just from everyone i know it seems that the fords last alot longer then GM or Chrysler cars. But that could just be what i have observed and not what is actually statistically true.

but i do agree that jap wagons do last impressively long but they all look gay as fuck.
>>
>>24825547
lol, of all cars why the fuck did you buy an a6. they used shitty borg warner journal bearing turbos on the 2.7t that commonly blow before 100k miles. when they blow it's going to cost AT LEAST a few grand to replace them if you can do your own labor. i'm not sure if the a6 has a cramped engine bay like the s4, but if it does then you literally have to pull the engine to replace the turbos. if you get it done at a dealership it's easily a $5k job between parts and labor -- probably more.
>>
>>24827340
you're a fucking idiot, too. a 9-2x is a rebadged subaru wrx so parts are going to be cheap. an a6 is like a $50k german car that doesnt share many parts so its going to be a lot more expensive. i paid out the ass to maintain my 2003 audi a4 1.8t and that shared a lot of parts in common with the vw passat and the other vw cars that used the 1.8t engine. its going to be straight up rape paying to maintain a 2.7t engine.
>>
>>24827427
>You're still driving a Neon.

See that's exactly what I don't understand.

Why do people see them as social symbols instead of toys?

You`re driving a turbocharged Neon with more power to weight ratio than 90% of cars on the road.
>>
>>24827574
Your implication that only American cars have cheap and available parts makes you the fucking retard here, and I've worked on Audis, they're a pain in the cunt, but it's easy enough to get parts. Rotella T6, don't be a stupid fuckbag, and it'll be just fine.

I guess you have issues with the "Stupid fuckbag" part, shame.
>>
File: Vehicle.jpg (706 KB, 1916x1464) Image search: [Google]
Vehicle.jpg
706 KB, 1916x1464
Cars of /r9k/?

Somebody almost hit me today. I would have been very angry. This thing is less than half a year younger than me.

Yes I get the OJ jokes
>>
>>24825547
Audi's are just rebranded Volkswagens. Shoulda got something better.
>>
>>24827754
Some are, some aren't.
They all use the same platforms and share parts, but no Passat is exactly like an A4 and no Phaeton is exactly like an A8 and so on.
A 2WD TT is absolutely a flattened Beetle, though.
>>
>>24825547
nice car, spence :^ )
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.