[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that you exist, here, now, at this very moment that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 20
File: 1078894-paladin.jpg (32 KB, 489x640) Image search: [Google]
1078894-paladin.jpg
32 KB, 489x640
Reminder that you exist, here, now, at this very moment that you are reading this, and that what happens to you is solely within your power to control. There are vast forces outside yourself over which you have no power, but you have TOTAL power over your own choices.

If you are not the person you want to be, there is a very simple -- though very hard -- solution: think about what the person you want to be would do in any given situation, and then make those choices. You will then *become* that person.

This place is toxic, robotfriend. There are many people here who want you to fail, to stay trapped in your misery and weakness because then they won't feel so bad about being miserable and weak themselves. You can be better than them. Within you right now is the power to stop being small and bitter and frightened. Stand up and be strong. There is no secret, no special ritual involved. Simply declare, right now, this moment, that you are not weak, and that you will reach out your hand to take what you want from this short life without fear or hesitation.

Dare to manifest your Will, robotfriend. The snivelling little under-men in here will hate you for it and for your strength, and you will laugh because you no longer fear the judgement of small men.
>>
>>24824356
That's beautiful m8. The key to happiness is an open mind. One love.
>>
>think about what the person you want to be would do in any given situation, and then make those choices. You will then *become* that person.

You're saying manlets can will themselves to grow taller and blacks can change their skin colour with thought? No, they can't. Fucking normies are so stupid.
>>
>thinks i have no power over outside myself
>>
>totally within your control

How do I prove myself in battle for a just cause if there are no just causes being fought for?
>>
File: 1337235963656.jpg (9 KB, 157x153) Image search: [Google]
1337235963656.jpg
9 KB, 157x153
>You can do anything
>A-As long as it's within reason and not too hard

Normies, kek
>>
File: pic1.jpg (117 KB, 852x937) Image search: [Google]
pic1.jpg
117 KB, 852x937
They are mine now, Chad the Paladin. You cannot free them. You never could. Drained of their willpower, their thirsts for life, and their desire for self determination, they have become my servants. They are - willingly - my servants. You shall not wrest them from my control. With my massive armies now assembled, it is time to set siege to the vast normalfag kingdom. Nothing shall withstand the full might of the beta uprising. NOTHING, DO YOU HEAR ME!? Now, prepare to feel my wrath as I tear you asunder and cast you down to the earth beneath my feet.
>>
File: solitude-image.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
solitude-image.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1200
>>24824426
See, the mistake you're making is believing that your height or your skin colour or how much money you have or whom your parents are or which clothes you have in your closet determines your identity. They do not. Your identity is determined by the existential choices you make.

In the Foucauldian model, power is defined by choice. The more choices you have, the more power you have. By refusing to take the easy, simple path of least-Will, you are giving yourself more choices -- and seizing power for yourself.

Have you ever noticed that the people who achieve greatness in this world nearly always have some kind of great burden? Helen Keller was blind and deaf. Stephen Hawking is in a wheelchair and can't even feed himself. Even Bill Gates is a socially-inept autist with bad dandruff and BO. It is the very act of struggle against your limitations which gives you strength and power. Rise up, robotfriend. Dare to defy your limitations. Choose to be more. Grasp the nettle and let the pain of existential choice transform you into greatness.
>>
File: 1011.jpg (255 KB, 900x780) Image search: [Google]
1011.jpg
255 KB, 900x780
>>24824454
That ennui you feel is actually a fearsome and terrible foe. Most people look at the absurdity of life and just stop. They cease trying. They look for an easy path that allows them to coast without much pain and then wait for death. I tell you, robotfriend, that if you can dig deep inside yourself and find the courage to simply *choose*, then you have made yourself greater than the vast majority of the people on this planet. Just the willingness to look down into the void of the Abyss and say, "I don't care that nothing has meaning, that I have no purpose; I will choose my own meaning and make my own purpose," will give you astounding strength which will terrify the small and frightened men around you.

Choose strength and you will conquer.
>>
>>24824356
What you posted is worthless and harmful.
>>
>>24824722
None of this helps me prove myself in glorious battle though.
>>
File: 25.jpg (59 KB, 355x400) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
59 KB, 355x400
>>24824517
Nah, the weak are not to be feared. The weak are to be pitied and, if necessary, fought. But ultimately those who choose to be weak are only challenges for the strong to make themselves still stronger by opposing. The Ubermensch doesn't fear you; he's already won.
>>
File: tao.jpg (22 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
tao.jpg
22 KB, 200x200
>>24824844
I assume by "battle" you mean actual physical conflict. That's your mistake. Anyone can be brave for a few seconds at a time, long enough to pull a trigger or throw a punch. That proves nothing. What takes true courage and the satanic Will of the Over-man is the ability to rise above the meaninglessness of everything and choose to act simply because it's your choice. When you decide that you are no longer at the mercy of the random stochastic motions of the Universe but are instead the master of your own destiny -- and that anything which happens subsequently is your own fault and responsibility -- THAT is when you have become a true warrior. That is when you become *dangerous*, and all men will fear you.

And all it takes is a simple existential choice that you can make at any time.
>>
File: pic3.png (388 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pic3.png
388 KB, 640x480
>>24824854

What does not kill you only postpones the inevitable. And then there shall come a time when even your strength and resolution will fail you, and in those moments of darkness, you will falter, and you will come to see that true power only stems from your anger and your hatred. Embrace it - now pick up your lightsaber and cut me down.
>>
>>24824356
>>24824584
>>24824722
>>24824965
As some -- some -- people grow, they will see that your position is irresponsible; that it is of blame, of ignorance, of laziness, of cowardice. That you are running away, OP; running away from the responsibility to be proven wrong, to help people, to motivate them, to show them their weak and strong sides.
>>
OP have you ever read the kybalion? I have a hunch you're from /fringe/.
>>
File: 1446812063708.jpg (209 KB, 743x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446812063708.jpg
209 KB, 743x1000
>>24824584
thanks friend

a shall live my life and conquer my dreams!
>>
File: Eye_of_Horus.svg.png (77 KB, 2000x1416) Image search: [Google]
Eye_of_Horus.svg.png
77 KB, 2000x1416
>>24824994
"The first lesson a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life." -- Huey Newton

We all lose in the end. No matter how hard we fight, no matter how we struggle or how many victories we attain, we all lose the ultimate battle against Thanatos, the death-force. But you see, it *has* to be this way. If there were clear benefits to choosing to endure pain and loneliness in order to defy the Universe, then there would be no great strength in doing it. Is a mouse in a maze strong for pursuing the cheese? No. The Ubermensch is strong specifically because he sees that he must ultimately lose -- and yet he chooses to act anyway simply because it is his Will to do so.

>>24825049
>>
>>24824356
>If you are not the person you want to be, there is a very simple -- though very hard -- solution: think about what the person you want to be would do in any given situation, and then make those choices. You will then *become* that person.
>lel just become Chad brah ;^)
My choices don't matter in the least i can't get what i want because i lack connections
>>
>>24825045
>>24825192
For, OP,

if you were not a coward, you would have told people right away that they cannot achieve some things -- and taken up the responsibility to come up with innovations that might give them that power.

If you were not a coward, you would have told them that their lives are determined -- and faced the harsh consequences of their objections.

If you were not a coward, you would have told people that their lives don't depend on themselves -- and took the time and effort to teach them what it does depend on, and how it can be worked around.

If you were not a coward, you would not have held your words as potent enough to transform lives -- and faced the necessity of elaboration.

If you were not a coward, you would not shift the blame for fixing the world onto the world's shoulders.

But you run away, OP. You run away from responsibility.
>>
File: kk.jpg (39 KB, 624x388) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
39 KB, 624x388
>>24825206
What you get doesn't matter. It's the struggle to attain it which scourges the flesh and sears the weakness from your spirit. Everyone fails. No one has perfect Will. What differentiates the strong from the weak is the unwillingness to give up. When the strong are smashed down, then simply get up again and start throwing punches. No matter how many times they are smashed down, they will force their broken, bleeding bodies to get right back up. So what if you can't get what you want? What does it matter? What's important is that you have the courage and strength of Will to continue to fight for it, even and especially when everyone thinks you're insane to do so.

And you know, I can tell you from personal experience that every once in a while, if you keep fighting and refuse to give up, the Universe will blink. You'll get that tiny, microscopic little gap where you can squeeze inside and suddenly get what it is you were fighting for. Not every time, and it's never a guarantee, but if you keep that forward momentum and keep throwing punches, there's a possibility that your strength and determination will do the impossible and overcome your limitations.
>>
>>24825431
You little, afraid man.
>>
File: mirror-on-face.png (175 KB, 376x670) Image search: [Google]
mirror-on-face.png
175 KB, 376x670
>>24825477
This is called "projection," Anti-Buddha. You are afraid, trapped inside your own psychosis, and spend your life here in /r9k/ trying to convince others to stay weak because existentialism and insight terrify you. That cowardice you see? It's not mine. It's yours.
>>
>>24825526
Keep blaming other people, little man.
>>
File: !!!AntiBuddha.png (155 KB, 1517x892) Image search: [Google]
!!!AntiBuddha.png
155 KB, 1517x892
>>24825591
Rubber/glue.
>>
File: smugwojak.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak.png
129 KB, 724x611
>>24825526

Existentialism is not the idea that you can accomplish anything.

>Insight

Take your motivational garbage back to facebook where it belongs
>>
>>24825636
Keep pushing >>24825371 farther and farther up the thread, little man.
>>
>>24824356

>no longer fear the judgement of small men.

But i'm 5'8
>>
File: Dream.jpg (37 KB, 382x400) Image search: [Google]
Dream.jpg
37 KB, 382x400
>>24825655
>you can accomplish anything
If that's what you got out of everything I've said, then you haven't been paying attention. But then, you're not really looking for answers, you're looking for excuses to justify your life of cowardice. I have clearly expressed repeatedly that what makes a person strong is not fighting for something desirable. Anyone can do that. Animals do it all the time. What makes a person strong is fighting when there is *no hope whatsoever*. Only those of supreme Will can face the devouring Void without fear. It is Will which tells you to get up and keep throwing punches even when the battle has been lost. It is Will which causes a man to dare beyond his limits and capabilities, knowing already that he must fail.
>>
File: 1302989195900.jpg (12 KB, 251x222) Image search: [Google]
1302989195900.jpg
12 KB, 251x222
>>24825779

>Keep fighting when the battle is lost

Orrrr I can not waste my time. I'm not trying to impress anyone you stupid normalfag.

>B-but you aren't strong.

I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>24825812

NIHILISM MASTERRACE
>>
>>24825192
Crowley was a hack
>>
>>24825812
OP chooses the path of least resistance. He doesn't want to change the world, he doesn't want to change people, he doesn't want to help people. He wants the easy way out. That's why he says 'change depends on you'. He things it suffices. OP chooses the path of least effort. He says 'only you can change the world', and think he's done his part. OP is running away.
>>
File: Elric.jpg (46 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Elric.jpg
46 KB, 200x200
>>24825812
>I don't give a fuck.
And that's why you're stuck at the bottom of the /r9k/ echo chamber, making yourself feel better by surrounding yourself with people as weak and cowardly as you are.

To everyone else out there quietly reading this and thinking: do you really want to be this man? Do you want to be the "comfy frog" who lives a small and inoffensive life and dies not having found the boundaries of his limits, not having pushed himself as far as his body and spirit would tolerate -- and then a little bit more? Choose to be more. Stand up and be ranked among the mighty.
>>
>>24825949
Man up, OP. Own up to the fact that some problems cannot be solved by motivation. Be a man.
>>
File: Death_of_the_Endless(1).jpg (21 KB, 400x570) Image search: [Google]
Death_of_the_Endless(1).jpg
21 KB, 400x570
>>24825999
Your sad sophistry is as annoying as it is predictable, Anti-Buddha. As I have repeatedly stated, manifesting the Will to Power isn't about solving problems. Some problems are simply too great to be overcome. Death, for example. No matter how mighty your Will, you cannot win the fight against Death. But that doesn't matter because it's not what you win, it's the fact that you fought which matters. As I have stated over and over again, it is specifically BECAUSE you must ultimately lose than only the strong of Will dare to fight. Anyone can fight when they know they're going to win something desirable. The Over-man fights when there is *nothing* to win except his own self-respect.

"It is wrong to expect a reward for your struggles. The reward is the act of struggle itself, not what you win. Even though you can't expect to defeat the absurdity of the world, you must make that attempt. That's morality, that's religion. That's art. That's life." -- Phil Ochs
>>
>>24824356
Fuck, OP. That's exactly what I needed to hear right now.
>>
>>24826091
OP is still running away.

He is still not giving advice how to cope with depression:
through diet, through exercise, through medication.

He is still not giving advice how to cope with anxiety:
through choice of friends, through exposure...

He is still not giving advice how to cope with anger:
through music, through choice of environment...

He is still flying into safe, secure, familiar abstractions, where 'Will' and 'Fighting' and 'losing' and 'winning'. can be pleasantly, safely discussed. OP is still running away from discussing what actually ails people, what actually makes their lives bad. He's still running away from the responsibility to give advice.

Running away, running away, running away, into what's familiar, into what's easy.
>>
File: !!!AntiBuddhaWarning.jpg (442 KB, 965x1311) Image search: [Google]
!!!AntiBuddhaWarning.jpg
442 KB, 965x1311
>>24826266
What we have here is an Anti-Buddha infestation.
>>
>>24826312
An example of a post of the subject of that image that its author had in mind is >>24825371.
>>
File: antibuddhasummon.png (2 MB, 1248x936) Image search: [Google]
antibuddhasummon.png
2 MB, 1248x936
>>24826312

>not paying respect to the backbone of /r9k/
>>
>>24826386
I'm flattered, but I am no backbone of /r9k/, at most a mere nerve of it -- though admittedly often struck.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.