[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you break shit to relieve stress? Punch something? Break it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: office+space+breaking+shit.jpg (55 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
office+space+breaking+shit.jpg
55 KB, 350x350
Do you break shit to relieve stress? Punch something? Break it to pieces? Scream? Or just keep it all inside of you (I doubt this, at one point you'd have to blow)?
>>
it all stays inside
>>
I punched a refrigerator last year to let some of it out and got a tiny fracture in my hand that was sore for like 3 months
>>
i usually yell/scream in my car on the drive to work/school, but it doesnt really relieve stress, just makes me pissed and sad
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
>>24824096
Keep everything bottled up and eating it up, then explode every couple of years.
Bottling up sucks tho, dont to it.
You dont talk to anyone about it, it stays with you, you think about it almost all the time, thinking about that just leads up to thinking about everything else that sucks, then you get depressed and stay that way for some time.
>>
File: 1378261146110.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1378261146110.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>>24824096
I masturbate to the thought of anger fucking someone. Afterwards I feel devoid of anything, but at least it isn't anger.
>>
>>24824096
yea i took up kickboxing
>>
It doesn't work for me Op, I've tried breaking things, I've tried smashing my fish into the wall, I've yelled, I've tried venting, I've done it all, and the hates stays jammed between my throat.
>>
>>24824096
I scream "FUUUUUCKKK" at the top of my lungs

I terrorize my cat

I once punched my windscreen and it cracked. Once I broke a door by kicking it. In other words, I'm a raging autist.
>>
>>24824096
Sometimes I throw shit. But only stuff I know won't break like keys on the floor or phone at a couch.
>>
I used to cut myself until my sense of right and wrong has solidified.

I basically don't need to do it anymore, but it was absolutely needed and absolutely helpful.
>>
>>24824444
Check 'em.

>>24824407
>tried smashing my fish into the wall
>>24824419
>I terrorize my cat

Both reported for animal cruelty.
>>
i brake hymins no wot im sayin whyt boi? nah u dont u a fagit thats y i gota fuk dem whyt bitchz fo. limpdik sissy kukboiz
>>
I've taken to screaming at myself in my car. Sometimes while driving I'll get pissed at other drivers' shit driving and scream at them.

Screaming alone in my car seems to help. Screaming at other people for driving like shit just stresses me out more.

I've been screaming in the car a lot thanks to college finals week.
>>
>>24824478
I meant to say fist, gave me a pretty good chuckle to be honest.
>>
>>24824572
>gave me a pretty good chuckle to be honest

Another anon here; me too.
>>
i lay down and rot
>>
I've tried breaking the bathroom mirror and failed.
>>
>>24824096
no. I've tried breaking shit before, it doesn't help anything. I realized I'm not angry, I'm just sad.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 278x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 278x242
>>24824407
>i've tries smashing my fish into the wall
>>
>>24824096
i REEEEEEEEEEEEE into my pillow
>>
File: 252589022.jpg (17 KB, 430x337) Image search: [Google]
252589022.jpg
17 KB, 430x337
>>24824407
>smashing my fish into the wall

Come on now it's not their fault
>>
>>24824096
I have a dog for that. 10lbs, so he's no threat to me if he ever snaps.
>>
A few nights a year I just slap myself on the head really hard a few times in bed but it feels artificial and forced. I want to have a complete meltdown because bottling everything up the way I'm doing now isn't doing me any favors, but it doesn't seem to be coming. I wish I had a place to scream but I have no privacy whatsoever.
>>
>>24824096
When I get really upset I punch myself in the face/head when I'm alone. Gets the anger out and lets me cry out the rest. Probably the best coping technique I have.
>>
>>24824987
>I wish I had a place to scream but I have no privacy whatsoever.

You live with your parents huh?
>>
One time after a breakup, I smashed about 50 windows with a rebar rod at an abandoned factory. It's in a pretty urban area, surprised no one called the cops.
>>
>>24824096
I constantly keep my mind occupied with shallow entertainment to distract me from the feelings of inadequacy and unfulfillment. I'm quite literally distracted from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep drunk and/or listening to asmr. On the rare occasions I try to go to sleep in silence and sober my mind stomps around unearthing all the painful things in my life and I spontaneously yell out in frustration.
>>
>>24825105
No, I live in a dorm with paper-thin walls. There are woods all around the school, but even then I'd be worried that someone would hear me and I'd be mortified.
>>
File: 1449030672575.jpg (347 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
1449030672575.jpg
347 KB, 720x600
I keep it pent up. Remember anons, let things pass through you, not into you. Then you will be at peace.

If I do get angry, it takes forever to actually get me pissed. It is only possible if you know where to attack me. I got holes in my emotional armor. I am actually afraid of being angry, because I have nearly committed murder because of it. Physical violence is intoxicating.
>>
Punched my car once and split open my hand. Had to pay $200 for stitches because I didn't have insurance. I tend to think twice now.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
if i released the seething anger i feel on a day to day basis id hurt many people around me from wanting to actually commit murder
>>
Always kept inside. Always.
>>
File: 1447730170257.png (162 KB, 339x361) Image search: [Google]
1447730170257.png
162 KB, 339x361
>>24824407
>I've tried smashing my fish into the wall

come on man, what did the fish do to deserve it
>>
>>24824987
You need something that will dampen your voice when screamed into. Something like a car's muffler. Maybe ask >>>/diy/.
>>
People who can't control their anger and destroy things because they can't stop themselves are the stupidest people to exist
>>
weight training is my stress relief
>>
bottle everything up. If I get mad they win

yelling/talking to yourself in the car is a very nice stress release. Lately just watching youtube or browsing 4chinz to keep me distracted and entertained works for me.

I dont like getting mad its a normie thing to do. Depression is more common. Im usually busy but being lazy "alone time" is one of the few things that keeps me sane from the repetitive madness of this world.
>>
I suck dicks when I get stressed

desu senpai
>>
File: 1447890269334.jpg (33 KB, 314x320) Image search: [Google]
1447890269334.jpg
33 KB, 314x320
>>24824096
>asian man comes to my job demanding warranty coverage on his laptop
>we only cover accidental damages
>it looks like he literally closed his laptop and smashed it twice with a hammer
>it's our policy so we can't help him
>refused to leave the store until he was "satisfied"
>he stood there for 3 hours until the last customer left when we close

fucking weirdo. there's a hiroshima joke somewhere in there
>>
outube.com/watch?v=1fMEqg359As&t=5m5s
>>
i don't get angry.
i don't get sad.
i don't get happy.
i don't get lonely.

>what is a man with no passion, no love, no feeling?
>can he still be called a man?
>>
>>24824096
My mother used to keep a pile of junk in the backyard so I could smash it when I got mad. she even bought me a baseball bat to do it with. I am 100% convinced she prevented me from going Elliot roger by doing things like that. Thanks mom, even for a roastie you were okay.
>>
I threw mouses against my wall a couple of times, damn cheap things.
>>
>>24826767
I'm just imagining a quaint old white couple peeking through their blinds while some autist REEEEs and smashes shit in their backyard, all the while attempting to do sick Jedi spins and flips
>>
>>24824198
>i usually yell/scream in my car
i've done this
>>
>>24824096
martial arts works wonders. I can feel the difference if I miss a week.
also singing evanescence and vocaloid metal in the car
>>
>>24826767
This is nice.
I'd usually just go outside and grab the 20lb sledgehammer and beat on an old stump or the ground til I got tired.
I had to hide it from my mom though. She wouldn't tolerate me having any expression of anger for fear that I'd become like my dad.
>>
>>24824096
I normally keep every emotion i feel locked inside a bottle inside
Every now and then i hit shit, but that normally ends up with me breaking shit cause i let out too much when i punch
>>
>>24828038
Kek fagoot
>>
I let out anger by playing drums really loudly. My neighbors hate me for it but jokes on them I already hate myself.
>>
>>24826332
Same here, anon.

>tfw don't know what to do with my life on rest days
>>
>>24824444
I found cutting helps too, still doing it though lol
>>
>>24829691
So i went through my house to every spot where ive tried the "hitting shit" method
>tfw because of hitting too hard i have caused the following
>perfect knuckle indent in my wall
>near foot long crack in my hallway wall
>fist sized dent in my closet
>6 inch deep hole in the garage
I need a punching bag or something, fuck
>>
Throwing shit as hard a I can relieves some anger/stress. I'm very short tempered. Unfortunately I always seem to grab things closest to me. One time I threw my laptop on the floor.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.