[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is depression cool now? Every normie is "depressed" once
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
Is depression cool now? Every normie is "depressed" once
>>
people see it as an accessory or something to elicit pity. it sucks for people who actually have it/don't wanna be grouped with those people so they don't get treatment.
>>
>>24823328
It was cool back in school. All the cool kids were depressed and on meds. They also all had a self proclaimed tolerance to them.
I for one think depression isn't real.
>>
lol poor chads depressed because he's mentally incapable
>>
>>24823328
Not just depression. Everyone wants have something wrong with them now, it can be anything. Depression, anxiety, OCD, ADHD, all that crap is "in" now.
>>
Most people are depressed at at least one point in their lives, for different reasons. No, you robots are not special snowflakes or hopeless just because you struggle with something every one has before or will.
>>
>>24823621
>I get so anxious i get dizzy and nearly pass out in public.
>No friends, dropped out of school, literally live on my own spend every day by myself.

I would give fucking anything for this to go away and I'm embarrassed as hell about it so i don't tell anybody, it is kind of annoying to hear about people saying 'oh I'm anxious and have no friends' when they go out drinking every weekend with people and are loud as fuck in public.
>>
>>24823821
I feel bad for you. I never really had to deal with anything like that (I probably could have been diagnosed with depression when I was back in high school, but just about anyone can get diagnosed with bullshit these days). Sorry lad, hope things get better for you.
>>
DEEEEEEEEEEEPRESSSED

I'm sad guess i'm

DEEEEEEEEEEEEPRESSSED

I'm shy so I guess I have

SOCIAL ANNXIIEEEEEEETY
>>
>>24824119
>tumblr
i knew some girl who literally did this for like 7 different mental disorders
>>
OP, could it just be that everyone is depressed nowadays?
>>
The economy sucks and it's not just a "the whole economy sucks, it's doing better problem better!" Some areas will concentrate more difference in that, if you're in one of those areas you're probably more likely to be unhappy. You really think anyone around you is happy?
>Muh special unique feelings are different than everyone else
>>
Depression has always been a meme.
>>
>>24824204
>>Muh special unique feelings are different than everyone else
>you can't feel like i do faker muh feelings are teh specials
>>
>>24824119
Your forgot PTSD
>>
File: 1370607547498.png (147 KB, 330x441) Image search: [Google]
1370607547498.png
147 KB, 330x441
>On my dads side lost multiple uncles due to depression and suicide
>Seeing shit you shouldn't see growing up
>Do my best to grow up normal for my mums and siblings sake
>Have to deal with my sisters normie friends talking about how they get depressed "sometimes"
>Omg my life is so bad Chad left me even though I treated him like shit, omg I have no money even though I spend it on useless shit like clothes and expensive electronics

it's literally a fucking joke, noone talks about how 80% of suicides here are men
>>
>>24823382
This, l'm afraid of going to the doctor because l know he'll tell me l've depression and he's all doing it so he an sell me meds
>>
My depression is bigger than all your depressions to be honest familia desu senpai desu.
>>
>>24824031
Thanks, i think it might be something to do with blood pressure or something mixed in with anxiety. If i was just anxious i could probably deal with it but the dizziness is a fucking killer.
>>
All the artsy types fake depression because the media pushes the ideal that you can only be a good artist if you're a schizophrenic with night terrors who has looked down the barrel of his own gun every day for the past three years.

With Chads, it's not cool, as being sad is a sex repellent and that's all they live for.

As a note, depression does not exist. You are probably an autist who does not understand your own feelings if you think you are "legitimately depressed." PTSD and stuff is real, but not that.
>>
>>24823621
lt's so they an blame their fuck ups on a disability
>l'm not an air headed ditz, l've ADHD
>l'm not being rude, l've Aspergers
>l'm not licking your face cause l'm a lurk, l'e OCD
Also doctors give out diagnoses like coupons because they get paid to by the meds corporations.
>>
>>24824143
You just described the entire Classics department at my uni.
>>
>>24824320
>With Chads, it's not cool, as being sad is a sex repellent and that's all they live for.

With males in general with depression you get this tag that you are "less of a man" or a failure that need to "man up"

Women get none of that shit, they get all the attention, support and pampering they need.
>>
>>24824143
Was she also bi?
>>
>>24824247
for the love of god please see somebody, if you don't think you need the meds, you don't have to take them. these people can literally talk you out of feeling bad, given you find the right doctor.
>>
>>24824317
That must be tough. Have you tried anything for the dizziness, like overthe counter pills for it or anything?
>>
>>24824464
Im on Wellbutrin but its not doing shit. Making a doctors appointment soon. Again i have no idea, i show signs of a few other things that could be it (drinking caffeine fucks me up even if I'm alone in my room).

I honestly don't think its just anxiety, because its been getting worse as time goes by, but the anxiety definitely doesn't mix well with it at all.
>>
File: Have you lost it.jpg (324 KB, 706x800) Image search: [Google]
Have you lost it.jpg
324 KB, 706x800
>>24824373
l never like being a burden, l hide my self loathing and disparage from my family and most friends. The few times l tried to vent and asked for advice to friends they given me, "Just snap out of it" You're 23, just grow some balls". They are good friends, they'd give me the shirt of their back but they're so blissfully normie-pilled. l like venting and conversing here. lts the only place to do it. And sure, technically l don't have to take the pills but the doctor and friends if they find out will be pushing the med on me. Like they said. Just be stone face and it will all go away like magic.
Also l find Bob Ross and comedies to be better dopamines releases than Dr Mario pills and shit/vent posting more reliving than telling my problems to some gossip who nods robotically and doodles on a note pad.
>>
File: 1438293133021.gif (842 KB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
1438293133021.gif
842 KB, 350x260
>>24823821
I hate this as well. I can't breath and I get lightheaded every time I go outside. I tried to go to school this semester because my parents would kick me out otherwise, but I am so fucking anxious I am failing all my classes. Can't concentrate, can't sleep, can't eat, can't enjoy my hobbies, I can't focus on anything because I am constantly in fear for no fucking reason.

It pisses me off that in my psychology class when anxiety/depression was the topic of discussion, people kept up bringing up ordinary situations where one would feel sad or nervous, trying to get the professor to diagnose them with something. There was also one girl who said she has panic attacks every time she goes outside, yet she constantly talks in class without any problem and also shows off her wallpaper of herself posing on the beach half naked. It's infuriating to say the least.
>>
The art world has romanticized the "tortured artist." After a few weeks of listening to Joy Division's "Closer" on repeat, reading the entirety of Sylvia Plath's bibliography, and googling Vincent van Gogh paintings, most College freshmen in an artistic field will go through a phase in which they have convinced themselves they are suffering from a selection of disorders. These disorders have been picked based on what they think would make their image look best - if they want to look lost and confused, depression is the obvious choice. Some, however, want to look unhinged, and claim to have mild paranoid schizophrenia. These people have never sought out a doctor for help, because said doctor will either 1) cure their issues, meaning they can no longer keep their image or 2) be called out for being full of proverbial shit.

In a sort of ironic twist, forcing yourself to be depressed and fit an identity that you don't actually belong to may result in actual mental illness. Some folks have self imposed insomnia in order to get bags under their eyes and fit the mold of their idols being so tormented that their dreams are almost as bad as reality.

However, worst of all, is the romanticization of suicide. Killing oneself is seen as the ultimate authenticator for proving oneself as a "true depressant." The deaths of Ian Curtis, David Foster Wallace, and Sylvia Plath ring in their minds as the heroes of the tortured artist aesthetic. And, in a horrible twist of events, they may too find themselves hanging from the ceiling in an attempt to prove they were being true to themselves.
>>
>depression at an all time high
>along with cancer, obesity, and every other disease caused by an unhealthy lifestyle

hmmmmm
>>
>>24823328
Ignore those idiots, depression is something anyone who's had it hardly brags about. The opposite behavior people have is also annoying though, see pic related.
>>
>>24824641
exactly. Its always the loud as fuck ones saying they have anxiety, when everything they do contradicts it.

We'll make it through m8.
>>
I can only say I've been actually depressed once; I would force interaction through the day and then lie on the floor when I got home, staring at the carpet and trying to muster the strength to get up.
Outside of that, most of the time I just feel like I'm out of place.
>>
File: 1344192298042.jpg (11 KB, 222x221) Image search: [Google]
1344192298042.jpg
11 KB, 222x221
Depressed robots, am I depressed?
>runs in the family
>always feeling tired and hungry
>can't get to sleep easily, oversleep all the time
>constantly thinking about death and other people's suffering
>extremely pessimistic, always see the worst in things
>often wish I could just drop out of life and stay in bed forever
>>
>>24824668

>Mostly listen to Joy Division and other grim things because I can relate
>I like Sylvia Plath
>David Foster Wallace is great

A-Am I faking it?
>>
Every girl I've met bitches about depression.

It's ridiculous.

Guys stay quiet, so you never really know until they pull the trigger.
>>
>>24824789
Depression is a very real illness, we can't diagnose it anon. I know the social stigma sucks, but seeing a psychiatrist might really help if that's the case.
>>
>>24824768
Yeah man, we'll find our way eventually. Best of luck to you.
>>
i want to get neetbux for depression / ocd

how plausible is this?
>>
File: 1361113091505.jpg (15 KB, 238x279) Image search: [Google]
1361113091505.jpg
15 KB, 238x279
>>24824857
Thanks, I've taken about a thousand of those online warning tests and they all say I should get checked out but all my health insurance is through my parents, and I don't want them to worry about me. I wish I didn't live in Clapistan, or I could just get the government to pay for me.
>>
>>24824938

You can move to Svalbard without any visa or anything, and the Norwegian government will babysit you.

The downside is that it's like -10000000 degrees year round. Bring a blanket.
>>
>>24824938
>iktf
I don't know if I am really depressed but there is no way I will ever go to a psychiatrist and find out until I move out of my parents house.
>>
File: facebook depression.png (9 KB, 477x114) Image search: [Google]
facebook depression.png
9 KB, 477x114
For the past few years I'd say I was in a recovery state of extreme depression, the only reason I'm on this planet is because I'm too much of a pussy to face death. Anything is better than nothing I guess.

Like most people with real depression they don't tell people about it, if you ever hear someone "boasting" about mental illness chances are they are either lying or attention seeking, granted that isn't always the case but it usually is.

In the past 2 months however I have relapsed and I have lost all the progress I worked hard for, no particular reason I guess, maybe something to do with knowing that no matter how hard I try it won't make a difference. I have started to self isolate myself, ignoring my friends. I am fully aware that my actions are illogical however I just cannot be around other people in the state I'm in. I guess I have some deluded hope that 'someone' will actually give a shit and come over and ask what's up. I've noticed that the loudest normies are the ones who get everyone to flock to their knees whenever they have a slight inconvenience, the true sufferers are the ones in the corner keeping their problems away from you.
>>
File: Good taste.jpg (33 KB, 467x462) Image search: [Google]
Good taste.jpg
33 KB, 467x462
When l see pretty girls with 4 paragraph like bait status on FB how they've come a long way since Chad refused to go out with her or she became suicidal because she's only the 4th prettiest girl in town or seeing Chad who used to pick on the wimpy kids put up the same like bait copy paste for cheap likes, it makes me realize l just can't connect with 90% of people on a personal level
>>
>high school
>diagnosd depression, have zero social life
>one day a stacy asks me why I'm so sad all the time
>say it's just how I am to avoid bringing up the depression
>she asks "wow anon do you have depression"
>look at her and just say "yea, I do."
>conversation just kind of ends after that
>later on there is suddenly a rumor that I'm only faking depression to get attention
>I'm pushed away and isolated even more
bye
>>
>>24825123
People are cunts
Yes, not original but ture
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.