[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where would you be had you not discovered 4chan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: 8fQ7Acj.jpg (198 KB, 1586x994) Image search: [Google]
8fQ7Acj.jpg
198 KB, 1586x994
Where would you be had you not discovered 4chan?
>>
playing more video games and browsing reddit
>>
Forums like I was before discovering it.
>>
and just where is anyone?
>>
Probably on some other forum.
>>
i'd probably be much happier
fuck i hate this place
>>
I'd be a total normie.
>>
>>24823176
this. if it wasn't 4chan, itd be some other time sink on the internet. and if it wasn't internet it'd be videogames. and if it wasn't vidya it'd be tv. if it wasn't tv it'd be drinking at a pub.

you can't escape, all of life a shit
>>
reddit
pls no bully
>>
>>24823110
Reddit and PlayOK.
>>
I would be a much happier, yet completely oblivious neckbeard.

Things are better this way.
>>
Playing more vidya I guess?
>>
4chan didn't change me. The reason why I started coming here was because I could relate to the people here. I felt like I belonged on an anonymous korean flip-cartoon board where people called each other faggots and never held back on their insults. Where the words nigger and kike are used freely and everything is for the lulz. Such freedom of expression can't be found anywhere else, other than otherchans. I feel free on here, like there are no barriers. Real life is restricted because everyone gets offended. Other forums are restricted because I get banned. Posting anonymously is perhaps the best for of communication.
>>
File: 1445488475942.jpg (41 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1445488475942.jpg
41 KB, 460x345
It's weird that 4chan has such an impact on its users. It's like a hard drug or something. If reddit or tumblr are booze and weed, 4chan is like heroin.

You don't see thread after thread on reddit about people failing to keep their reddit addiction under control or losing friends because of reddit. I wonder what it is that makes this place so addictive and then isolating once you've become comfortable on it.
>>
>>24823110
4chan didn't change me, it was runescape that did. If I hadn't found that... may have kept playing sports when I was a kid, socializing more... oh well
>>
Definitely a nerdy reddit beta who drowns himself in pop culture and pining for stacy.

Thanks for saving me /a/
>>
>>24823540
this

runescape ruined my life

but i still look back on those memories fondly
>>
>>24823450
It's the only form of communication we can relate to. We don't need to prove anything to anyone. We share our thoughts but there is absolutely no bond to the shared message. We don't need to be responsible for it we don't need to defend it we won't have any negative consequences. And yet we can say whatever we want to. It's the only place where freedom (of expression if you want) is still possible to an extended degree. Anything else in the real world is just hypocrisy.
>>
>>24823764
My only friend browses 4chan, so I never have to hold anything back when talking with him. Now that I'm in college, I have to try really hard not to slip in the occasional "nigga" in conversation. We have no reputation to uphold here, whereas irl as soon as we slip up we're racists and insensitive bigots. It's pretty sad not to be able to use your right to free speech without being condemned for it.
>>
Dead.

Probably.
>>
>>24823882
What's up anon?

muted for 4 seconds
>>
File: 1446714845064.jpg (13 KB, 251x233) Image search: [Google]
1446714845064.jpg
13 KB, 251x233
>>24823498
True anonymity
no accounts, no tracing something someone said months ago

the person that's filled you with hate because he disagrees with your opinion in one thread is backing you up in another thread on a different topic, and you wouldn't even know it

everyone is faceless
>>
>>24823498
what >>24823916 said. It's a safer place than all the SJWs on reddit could make, because there's no permanent consequences to what you say. If you make an ass of yourself, nobody will ever know.
>>
File: 1441777514517.jpg (88 KB, 960x754) Image search: [Google]
1441777514517.jpg
88 KB, 960x754
Probably on Reddit trying to be a fake e-celebrity like the rest of them, whoring out my opinions to gain those upvote points or whatever fake bullshit social currency they're using.
>>
reddit

misc
>>
Space.
Military.
College.
On top of an office building somewhere.
Maybe doing professional sports.

But then I found you guys, and I live in a shitty apartment with an okay computer, and a sagging bed. I'm content, at least.
>>
In my room

4chan has made me a lot of money
>>
>>24823110
I'd have a normal life or probably read more books or find somethign else to do with my time.
>>
Same place I am now. That's how I got here in the first place.
>>
>>24824081
>4chan has made me a lot of money
HOW DO I GET HIRED?
>>
>>24824176
>>>/pol/
>shill
>profit
>>
>>24824184
But what do I shill for?
>>
>>24823110
Doesn't matter. I would have found out about 4chan one way or another. Whether it was 5 years ago or 10 years from now I still would be a slave to this place.
>>
>>24824207
Jews, SJWs. Many shekels guaranteed
>>
>>24823607

fuck

me too

runescape was like gateway to wow

LOTR was the root of it all. fuck you hackson.
>>
>>24824274
And then money materializes in my bank account? Fuck off.
>>
>>24823450
Good for you, yet that wasn't the question faggot
>>
>>24823373
>>24823596
these p much
>>
this place is for fags mostly but it gave me something to do during my time at rock bottom
>>
>>24824349
I'm OP you faggot. Thought I'd share my opinion
>>
>>24824390
So you can't even understand your own question? Off yourself
>>
>>24824405
It's an elaboration you stupid cunt. Stop being so 2 dimensional.
>>
probably Something Awful or some other forum. I imagine my disdain most of reddit would be the same.
>>
Probably still being a sad pathetic neet who lives at home with my mom live I am now, just still doing the same things, browsing the interwebs, playing the radio, smoking weed, drawing, watching shows, general introvert shit. I'd probably have more hobbies though, I'm a motherfucking internet addict >.> so I THINK I'd probably go learn guitar like I meant to but then again I'd probably just still be shitposting on some other forum. It's not like this is the only place I come but ever since I came back I realise why I ever left lol IT SUCKED ME IN. I CAN'T EVER LEAVE NOW. That's not a joke, it's the demon that escapes my chipper demeanor ever so often :) wake me up inside.
Anyway I'd probably be even more of a pussy and have worse social skills/communicating skills (not that I am great now but you guys calling me a fagooot all the time really helps me adjust to handling criticism, it's my weakness) anyway I just had to go do something that took my focus away so if I think of whatever else I was trying to say I'll add it but I think I was done typing.
>>
dead

or achieving my dreams
>>
>>24823110
A filthy redditor. Thank god reddit was too complicated for 15 year-old me.
>>
>>24823110
A beta orbiter kek
>>
File: 1448902644998.jpg (18 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
1448902644998.jpg
18 KB, 480x272
Encyclopedia Dramatica which was where I first heard about 4chan.
>>
File: 12574043.jpg (39 KB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
12574043.jpg
39 KB, 600x524
>>24823110

still learning japanese so that i could post on 2ch
>>
Top synthetic researcher at scripps.

move over baran....;_;
>>
>>24823110
>that perfect puffy vulva

oh my god

i would tolerate her non-White skin just for the chance to suckle on that clit
>>
literally the exact same just less self aware
>>
>>24827987
Pretty much this I guess
>>
>>24823110
4chan was a symptom for me, not the disease, I was already tumbling on my down to the bottom of society before I accidentally hit 4chan and now I'm stuck here.

Maybe it'll help me pull myself back up or I'll let go and keep falling.

but inter/distraction wise I would probably just be playing video games and talking shit on youtube comments just to get my fix of "arguing with strangers online"
>>
Honestly, i would look and feel fucking terrible. I'd found 4chan when i were underage and i would frequently visit here for its humor and shit like that. When i wasnt playing Runescape or Console games, i would be browsing random threads on 4chan that i thought were funny. When i turned 13, i "fell in love" with a girl. She was the first gorgeous girl who ever showed me any kind of attention and i were completely in love with her. I would not think about anything else but her. She wasnt from my school; she went to a school in a city a few miles away and we only knew each other because our moms would co-workers and we would occasionally visit them and go to the mall and shit together. Our only way of communicating would be messaging each other non-stop. A year passed and we eventually ended up dating. She and her sister had slept over and we somehow got into an hour or two long tickle fight at midnight when everyone else was asleep. Now, at this time, i couldnt even look at her, or anyone, in the eye while talking. I was a complete fucking beta. When we would hang out, i wouldnt even say shit. I would just smile and laugh at the jokes she'd say and she would also smile and laugh. I was too nervous and filled with anxiety to even say anything. I couldnt even believe i were that close to her, both metaphorically and physically on the night of the sleep over. The tickle fight led to caressing each others faces and the caressing led to a small kiss. She confessed she had always felt strongly about me even since she first saw me and i said the same. It was pure bliss. I remember she had given me a small poem on that same day (in the afternoon before the kiss) thanking me for all the things ive done for her, which was basically just staying up with her and making her laugh with the funny pics id get from 4chan. I was still somehow oblivious to the fact she felt the same way about me as i did to her. 1/2
>>
Browsing Reddit and playing LoL all day instead of browsing 4chan and playing CSGO all day
>>
File: 588276822(1).png (222 KB, 421x417) Image search: [Google]
588276822(1).png
222 KB, 421x417
>>24828614
Similar to me, I was already on a fair amount of forums, IRC, and sites like new grounds. Heard of 4chan, knew vaguely what it was but was daunted by learning a new format, not necessarily by the gore (seeing as /b/ was pretty much the only board back then).

Whenever my home forum would go down, I would entertain myself with 4chan, but it sucked not understanding the nuances of certain trends/memes and having to wade through shit to find gold.

My home forum went dark sometime in 2008, so I made the switch and never looked back.

However my complete alliance to 4chan didn't come until about 2011.

I really, don't like thinking about this.
>>
>>24829043
We dated for around 3 months but we broke up because of the distance and the fact that she was going to college soon. She were a junior and i were a freshmen. However, the actual reason we broke up was because i were a clingy, self-conscious, insecure, needy, and worthless fucking beta. I had nothing to offer her other than lame jokes and a face she liked. I brought upon her more frustration and stress than happiness and security. At that time, i were somewhat lurking /fit/. I was hoping i could improve my body so i could look better for her. During that time, other anons had their hearts broken by other grils and they shared their stories. Other anons would then give them advice on how to cope with it and i would follow their advice. One of the many advice i got was to go no contact. So, after we broke up, i told her i did not want to talk to her anymore. It fucking sucked, but i did it. I really did not want to but i also did not want to keep feeling like shit being just her friend. I remember sending her the message and she replied with, "oh, ok then... ;_;"
Being a complete fucking beta, i changed my mind and told her we could stay friends. I kept talking to her for a few days and asked if we could get back together. I typed a long ass message filled with how i felt about her and sent it. She said no. I told her i was going to take some time and work on myself, and cut contact with her. I got /fit/, gained some confidence, read a shit ton of the motivation and self improvement threads that were constantly posted there, kissed some other girl that was into me cause of /fit/ but i stopped after like a day or two because it just felt wrong, but she would always be on my mind. I would constantly be thinking about her and the night we first kissed and the time we spent together while dating and the times i slept over at her house. I just could not stop thinking of her. 2/3 (srry)
>>
>>24829317
After about 6 months, i messaged her again. We talked for a few days and she eventually stopped messaging me back. A week or so had passed and i randomly saw her at the dentist. She looked somewhat happy to see me. When i got home, i immediately messaged her. She began to message me first, reply fast and all that shit. I thought it would be a good time to ask if we could get back together and so i sent her a message saying i still felt strongly about her and i had not stopped thinking about her since the i met her. I asked if we could get back together and if not, she would not hear from me again. I realize how fucked up that seemed in her point of view, but i honestly felt as if i were bothering her so i thought not talking to her ever again seemed like something she wanted. She said no, so i told her to block me from all social media because if i were to block her i would only unblock her and attempt to talk to her again. She did not reply. The next couple months after that i felt like complete shit, but also somewhat relieved. I began to read more, browse /fit/ more, and do all the things ive always liked before i met her.
Thanks to the advice 4chan gave me on socializing, school, real life problems, and a bunch of other random stuff, i would more than likely ended up as a beta orbiter who looked like a complete disgrace and complete disappointment to his parents. I can honestly say that life is definitely going to get better, considering im still 18. Ive gathered tons of advice over the years and feel a ton more confident in myself and my appearance. I still have the hundreds of motivational pics and useful advice other anons gave me if anyone wants them.

Thank you, anons. I hope you all get better
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.