[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /homeless/ here? >was in college >was working >lived
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1438357868609.jpg (7 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1438357868609.jpg
7 KB, 217x250
who /homeless/ here?

>was in college
>was working
>lived at home with no gf or friends
>was miserable
>kept seeing /homeless/ threads on r9k made by some guy in Atlanta
>inspired me
>went apeshit and dropped out of school, quit working, sold all my shit, and now drift around florida
>eat whatever I find in restaurant dumpsters
>shower in bathrooms

Couldn't be happier honestly. I spend all my time reading books and writing and hanging out with old friends that I got disconnected from. Homeless life is the best for robots.
>>
do you sleep in your car?
>>
>>24822697

I hope you don't get sick off that food, anon.
>>
>>24822697
i'm a wageslave and i honestly get jealous of the bums sleeping in the park on my drive in to work sometimes
>>
>>24822697
How long has this been going on?
Dumpster diving can't get you all the vitamins and minerals needed to live a healthy life.
>>
>>24822697
>Inspired by homeless idiot on r9k

you fucked up senpai
>>
>be me
>working dead end job
>going nowhere, live alone, hate myself
>throw it all away in a vain attempt to reclaim my glory
>start busking
>head to North Carolina a greyhound w/ band, make a killing while I'm on the east side for the next 6 months
>get sick of the people I'm busking with/ideological split
>start hitch hiking and floating around the US
>back in California for the winter, still homeless

It's as bad as folks make it out to be. Frankly, it's what you do with it. I make money and I have everything I need. I don't have to do the dumpster thing, though, and I have friends in CA who let me come over from time to time and wash my clothes/take a shower. And my income, interestingly enough, is actually better. As a line cook I maxed out on 10 an hour + tips, but with this, I average 15 to 20 an hour. Which is okay. I know I'm not the best musician in the world, and if I wanted to get gud, I'd quit smoking and take voice training, but I... don't give a fuck. :3
>>
>>24822776

Yea I know, thats why I sold all my stuff. If I ain't gettin all I need from the dumpster I'll buy something.
>>
>>24822835
Be safe m8.
>>
>>24822816

That sounds fun desu. What instrument do you play? i'm thinking about learning bongos or just becoming a gutter punk singer
>>
>>24822931

I play guitar, and I sing. I've actually kind of come full circle with it too, which is kind of bizarre. I ran into my old band, and one of their guitarists is leaving for New York for Christmas, so they want me to fill in for him while he's away. I said sure, why not. I already know half the songs they do.

And it is fun. But I'm going to be honest with you as well, it's a difficult life to lead. At the end of the day though, I certainly feel more satisfied than if I was making sandwiches for a bunch of fat fucks.
>>
>>24823186
What kinda band you in?

You play in LA too?
>>
Hobofag here traveled for a bit now back in hometown living in a friends van getting drunk and shitposting all day
Honestly is old been homeless for 3 years thinking about wagekeking it till i can get a car at least
>>
>>24823294

I personally like to play folk punk and rock and roll, but the band I'm playing for at the moment does bluegrass. I'd like to say I'm not *in* the band, I'm a fill in for their guitar player. It's a goal difference. They want fame and limelight and millions of dollars - I'd be happier unnoticed on a street corner after jumping off of a freight train, so long as I had cigarettes and dinner.

We do play in LA, but I feel like they've been confining themselves to one area too long. I'd like to convince them to go busking in different parts of LA. The money is good here, but there's so much more than the 818.
>>
>>24823413

>living in a van getting drunk

That is fucking awesome. I want to live in a van once I wagekek my way into affording it
>>
>>24823420
Bluegrass or folk punk isn't the type of music to go big and get millions of dollars. They should be happy with food money and a place to stay doing what they like to do and get paid for it
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.