[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finland is considering giving every citizen €800 ($870 USD) a month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: Ho8Jgth.jpg (64 KB, 640x644) Image search: [Google]
Ho8Jgth.jpg
64 KB, 640x644
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/finland/12035946/Finland-is-considering-giving-every-citizen-800-a-month.html

discuss neetlords
>>
That's actually pretty much like neetbux, what's the big deal?
>>
>>24821960
its for every single citizen in the nation
universal social income
>>
>>24821892
every single citizen? time to learn finnish
>>
File: Meanwhile-in-Finland.jpg (82 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile-in-Finland.jpg
82 KB, 650x500
my only real dream is not to work for a living
>>
>>24821969
Yeah, it's pretty much like NEETbux 'cept now you won't have to work first

I'm assuming kids don't count and if they don't then yeah it's like NEETbux but without need for any prior job
>>
>>24821892
It's a great thought and effort to a better system, but it will collapse under the weight of people who will do nothing and just sit at home waiting for their free money while contributing nothing to society (welfare queen equivalents, NEETs, refugee immigrants, etc...)
>>
>>24821892
why don't all American neets move to Europe? we have much better welfare.
>>
>>24821892
I wanna come please finland-senpai!
>>
>>24821892
Would only work of combined with very strict immigration laws (no refugee freeloaders, losers that don't contribute, etc) and discouraging divorced-rape.
>>
>>24821960
No, they give this income expecting you to also do work. Basically scamming all neetfags.
>>
>>24822168
I'm already from the EU, fuck yeah.
>>
>>24822197
r u in finland tho ?
>>
>>24822202
nope, but schengen and EU makes me an EU citizen meaning getting Finnish citizenship is easy
>>
>>24821892
Is it finally happening? Is the basic income coming to be?

It needs to. Civilisation must go this way. There is no stopping it.
It's not enough to live on, alone, but coupled with a low hours part-time job, it would work.
>>
>>24821997
I'm sure they have strict requirements
>>
>>24822304
yes but i can just walk into Finland from where I am and as an EU citizen it is easier than for a Shitskin or Russian.
>>
>>24822291
nigger do you even watch the news? schengen is done for
>>
>>24822124
Because despite the fact that they make fun of "wageslaves" (a term they know nothing about since they just apply it to anyone with a job) they are in fact slaves to the pittance they receive every month.
>>
>>24822409
then I should hurry before it closes. Only the open border stuff will be closed, rest of schengen is fine, and as an eu citizen I will still be able to just show some form of ID to pass the border without a visa or anything else. Also, t is the EU that allows me to live, work and retire anywhere within the eu, not schengen.
>>
>>24822433
oh right they can't afford the flight, and then to live until their case is reviewed.
>>
>>24821892
How do they even do this without causing hyper inflation
and with all the immigrants coming to them its gong to be insanely bad for their economy
>>
>>24822472
finnish people are retarded
>>
>>24822352
Eestibro?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_income

For anyone thinking this will ruin the Finnish/any economy, it won't. See above link.
>>
>>24822539
nah they're just Finnish
>>
>>24822583
Jah.
>>
>>24822302
Commie pls go.

Nobody needs your filthy ideals of laziness.
>>
>>24822588
Point out specifically the proof on that page
>>
>>24822630
Look, it's either introduce the basic income or exterminate ~75% of the population.

Automation and technology does away with the labour of a lot of people. Most jobs now are just busy work to keep people off the streets.
>>
>>24822588
The same basic income that ruined Brazil's economy and created a culture of unemployment? And helped Namibia's inflation to go up?
>>
I'm expecting good results from this experiment. If it works then a lot of other countries will consider UBI seriously.
>>
ive been wanting to move to finland for a while now. but since its now a meme and a new target for refugees i guess i wont anymore. looks like itll now fuck itself with inflation
>>
>>24822623
Varsti l2heme soome. 2ra muretse, sa v6id mu fuccboi olla v6i vastupidi. :3
>>
>>24822738
you're comparing a first world country to third world shitholes.
>>
>>24822743
Will it work for countries that are getting millions of shitskin immigrants
This is system cant possibly support and infinite number of gibs me dat
>>
File: 1449339534909.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
1449339534909.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>24821892
Are these northern Europe countries as fantastic as people say?
I live in a shit third-world country and I keep hearing stuff like
>yes the education is perfect there and there's no homework
>everyone works 5 hours a day 4 days a week
>people are really nice
>most beautiful women in the world
>there's no crime at all
And now you're saying that the government is giving money to NEETs?
Like, fuck,it sounds like heaven on Earth, seriously
>>
>>24822124
as a NEET, I can't imagine a single country would want me as a citizen
>>
>>24822822
somehow the shitskins are being accepted so you'll do just fine.
>>
>>24822815
They are a lot better than the third word thats for sure
>>
So you pay taxes so the goverment can give you 800 euros back.
If the goverment has all this extra income, why just not reduce taxes?
>>
>>24822801
They don't get UBI if they're not citizens.
>>
>>24822815
no, it's a shit place filled with muslims and feminists

stay away
>>
>>24822738
The economic and social climates of those nations are not comparable to first world, European nations. The outcome would not be the same, or similar. Educate yourself adequately before making statements.
>>
>>24822860
These immigrants are being given citizenship on arrival
>>
>>24822877
I doubt that. Give me an example of where it's happening. Even if an immigrant lives and work legally while paying taxes, if he's not a citizen then he cannot apply for UBI.
>>
>>24822815
>yes the education is perfect there and there's no homework
Education is meh and there is homework
>everyone works 5 hours a day 4 days a week
8 hours 5 days a week
>people are really nice
they generally are, but they are shy, which can be mistaken as being cold towards one another
>most beautiful women in the world
subjective
>there's no crime at all
crimerate is low, mostly foreigners.
>>
>>24822877
It seems you mean refugees, which are different to immigrants. One does not simply fly into Finland and gain citizenship....
>>
>>24822903
Im pretty sure all these immigrants going to england and germany and such get benefits, thats like the whole reason they are doing it
Im sure that would encompass ubi aswell
>>
>>24822922
>refugees
they are immigrants
>>
>>24822871
>Neets are a menace in Japan, the UK and the USA
>Giving them money universally will not increase the number of neets
Keep trying, commie.
>>
>>24822926
Well, that's how UBI is supposed to work. It's for citizens only or else everyone would just move to that country.
>>
>>24822922
the refugees just cross the border and most of them will live on benefits in finland for the rest of their lives
>>
>>24822955
I'm asian can I just get a tan and move to finland ?
>>
>>24822965
Yeah just rape a couple of white women and you can have all the benefits you want
>>
>>24822801
Immigrants will destroy it.

If the first world ever finally introduced a proper basic income, the entire third world would immigrate. And that would demolish all of our countries.
>>
>>24822965
easy, just claim you're an ambassador for the religion of peace and you're being persecuted by evil christians
>>
>>24822903
It was happening in Germany, wasn't it? 'Refugees' were being fast-tracked through the system and given quick citizenship and passports.

At least I think it was Germany. They were playing a clever game where they give everyone passports and then send them all over the schengen countries, completely dodging the immigrant quotas.

My news sources got bored of the 'refugee crisis' a while ago and I've not really got new information.
>>
>everyone decides they dont want to work
>country stops producing products
>goes the way of greece
>neets still starve to death like nature intended
im ok with this
>>
>>24823121
>he thinks everyone hates work like he does
Some people work good jobs and have ambitions and interests.
>>
>>24822945
I never said, nor implied that it wouldn't do that. However, it won't happen to the point of ruin. Once again, educate yourself on basic income and the economics behind it, because all you're doing is showing your own ignorance on the topic, and on the elementary principles of economics...
>>
>>24822955
Yeah, like I said, refugees, not immigrants. And most people do want an income greater than the basic income, for lifestyle reasons, among others...
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.