[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird eating habits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: img-large-burger.jpg (43 KB, 554x487) Image search: [Google]
img-large-burger.jpg
43 KB, 554x487
Thought I'd throw this in from another thread. Have you got any weird kinds of shit you do when it comes to food? Or any eating disorder?

I swear I have a selective eating disorder. My eating is fucked. I never eat in front of people because of it. I go out for lunch at work rather than sit with everyone just so they don't see me eat.
>>
>>24821508
Selective eating disorder like what?

You throw out tomatos in your burger or something?

I take one bite of each french fry and then throw away the tip
>>
I'm very very picky. I literally eat fast food every day. Always tendies, burgers, and hot dogs.
>>
I count my calories and abhor eating because I feel like an extra sandwich will add five pounds overnight. Other other hand, I love food and think about it all the time. It has me fucked in the head. Realistically I have an average figure but in my brain/when i look in the mirror, I see a fat fucking pig. I wanna rip off my body fat.
>>
>>24821556
>>24821547
Both of you should just do more Cardio.

>>24821508
I don't really have any really over the top habits but I lick the plate clean if I'm alone.
>>
>>24821508
If there is ANY fat on my meat I throw it away.

>>24821547
Kill yourself.
>>
I always eat food upside down like that hamburger in the OP yeah I'll flip it upside down and eat it starting from the edges first and I save the middle for last.
>>
>>24821547
I even get uncomfortable talking about it. I can't eat anything with too much flavour or texture. Because of that I only eat plain flavoured stuff like crackers and such, my favourites are starchy stuff, particularly chips/crisps and fries. But nothing can go on them.

For breakfast I can only have plain cereals as well. Shreddies, Shredded Wheat, Wheetabix, Cheerios. Sometimes I have toast, I like toast and bread, but nothing can be on it. I've recently gotten into plain porridge.

I don't like most meats, spicy stuff, hate most tangy stuff. Dislike a ton of herby flavours they give me a headache. The only meat I've ever eaten before the age of 6 or so is a plain burger a few times. I like most fruits as long as they're not exotic fruits, but not a lot of vegetables except cucumber, carrot and celery.

I've tried noodles and I like them as long as there's no flavour satchel in. I like most sweet stuff/desserts too as long as they're not rich flavours, I prefer fruity flavoured desserts.

Drinks I'm 100% fine with. I drink alcohol and I'm fine with shit like straight vodka. Same with smoothies and shakes and stuff, as long as the smoothies and shakes aren't lumpy or pulpy or whatever, has to be smooth textured.

And no, I don't have autism. We've even checked.
>>
Eating, no matter what or how much makes me feel sick.
>>
>>24821774
Oh and to add onto this, nobody but my family knows. I'm sure a few of my closest friends kinda realize by now due to all the excuses but they've never questioned me or anything.

Gladly I don't have a large amount of friends so they don't ask for outings or having dinner with everyone and stuff.

If I'm out somewhere with them and they grab a bite, I'll always say that I ate before I came out, and I've used the 'not hungry' excuse tons of times. For stuff like University, I always went out for dinner on my own, currently doing the same for the new work I started, so everyone socializes and I'm off by myself.

The reason being that none of the main courses interest me, I'd just ask for a side and that'd look weird, then questions would be asked. I can get away with snacks and such gladly, but if we're in a Chinese takeaway I'm fucked because I like nothing on their menu.

My work was gonna do Christmas dinner and I caved in and said I'd go, for social acceptance reasons even though I don't eat Christmas dinner, it was changed to an all you can eat buffet and that worried me less because then I can go up whenever, it's now been changed to drinks at the pub. I'll just order no food and say I ate on the way, as usual.
>>
File: 1448794848962.jpg (40 KB, 408x397) Image search: [Google]
1448794848962.jpg
40 KB, 408x397
Despite being overweight, I don't really mind being hungry that much. I can also go and eat at any restaurant alone without caring.
>>
>>24822383
Why are you overweight? Lack of exercise? Mostly eat junk food?
>>
>>24821508
i eat pizza with a fork and knife

i wont eat onions, lettuce, tomato any peppers or celery

when i was in highschool i used to throw up after eating to lose weight
>>
Used to eat take out all the time until several months ago I switched to more vegetable based diet. Now when I try to eat a burger or pizza I have this instict to throw it up every dam time. Like my body knows it's bad for me. It wants Quinoa with black beans, avacado and turkey. God dammit body...I miss Burgers...Marcos Pizza
>>
I was diagnosed with anorexia a year ago, and though have recovered on the most part, still weigh my food before I eat it, and am very selective about what I eat.
>>
I was once at a restaurant with a group of guys, ordered ribs and ate them with a fork and knife because I didn't want to get covered in shit while out in public. They looked at me like I was insane
>>
File: 1385329490003.png (165 KB, 996x832) Image search: [Google]
1385329490003.png
165 KB, 996x832
>>24822420

Lack of exercise mostly. I used to work out, but I got injured once, the gym I used to visit disappeared, and my depression always is there to get in the way. Also have a bad experience about a gym overcharging me out the butt because I was a pussy.

One could also say that I eat bad, but I'm not really all that into fast and junk food.
>>
>>24821508
I will only eat macaroni and cheese that's in the shape of cartoon characters.
>>
>>24822498
Go for a turkey burger.
>>
>>24821774
>>24822084

this is pretty interesting. so does this mean you have a better taste palette than most people?
>>
>>24823781
I dunno, maybe. The initial reason they thought it may be autism was that they thought when I ate I had a sensory overload similar to people with autism, but when I eat something I don't like I don't sperg out and puke or anything. I just act how anyone else acts when they eat, I chew and swallow, say I dont like it and leave it.

I can recognize some flavours even if they're subtle, to me they're not subtle. Like cheese flavoured crackers I can taste the cheese a lot. I don't mind if they're subtle, though. It's mostly obnoxious flavours or specific textures. For example I like bacon flavoured stuff but not bacon because I dont like the texture and the taste is too much. I also love the taste of egg but dislike the texture of a fried egg or scrambled egg, so I just have plain omelettes.

Also my mother used to try and introduce new stuff to me by disguising it in my food, like herbs or whatever and I can always indicate it. So we think I have over sensitive taste buds.

Usually selective eating is due to trauma as a child, e.g. being forced to eat something you don't like. I never had this, from the age of 5 I've just disliked tastes that weren't plain.
>>
>>24823532
Thanks bud. Tbh idk what it is making me turn away from certain foods. I get that over time your preferences change but my body down right rejects it. Maybe it's the grease. Maybe it is my body saying it wants more nutrients. I will definitely try turkey next time. Have been eating more chicken and turkey latetly. Cooking at home too.
>>
>>24824173
The pizza and burgers that you get, are they like Pizza Hut and Burger King types or home made?
>>
I don't like eating around other people. I usually eat by myself.

Only exception is with parents or close friends. I have no close friends. Or friends.
>>
After being raised to sit at the dinner table for every meal, I cannot as an adult eat in front of the TV or somewhere other than the kitchen/dining room. Even at pot luck and such I would always make a plate and eat it in the kitchen even if everyone was sitting in the living room.
>>
>>24824013
That makes sense. My taste buds are shit so I barely can taste taste anything unless it's extremely strong
>>
>>24824569
Bananas are very strong for me, most people say bananas are practically tasteless.
>>
>>24821774
Google ARFID. What you wrote almost word for word applies to me
>>
>>24824836
Yeah that freaked me out on accuracy.
>>
>>24824924
Related to anxiety dosorders, depression, and autism. Have fun finding out which
>>
>>24825027
I don't have autism and it's something I've had since a kid. I prefer crunchy textures, I dislike mushy textures, I dont mind hot or cold. It's mostly flavour. I dislike non-plain flavours, they're too overpowering.
>>
>>24825150
Same here had it my whole life. Don't think I'm autistic but being 5hat I'm on 4chan right now I'm not ruling it out. Mines pretty much same as yours but my only fruit is orange juice
>>
>>24825277
I think it's selective eating disorder coming from sensitive taste buds. I've now escaped into 'safe foods' because a lot of stuff is too much for me, but I bet if I kept eating it, I'd get used to it.
>>
I like to eat fish and mustard.

Sour Cream sandwiches.

Cream cheese sandwiches.

I hate tomato sauce/ketchup/salsa/pizza/spaghetti sauce etc. But I like tomatoes, and lasagna.

I will eat raw potatoes like an apple. Same with onions, tomatoes, and various other fruits/veggies.

I fucking love pickled herring, on toast with cheese slices.
>>
>>24824420
This. I find eating to be incredibly unattractive. I only ever eat in front of other people when I'm drunk
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.