[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uni/College Feels: Losing My Mind Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 240701.jpg (468 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
240701.jpg
468 KB, 1680x1050
>started and typed out 6 pages of a math paper that's due tomorrow last night, gonna tie it up tonight
>have to demonstrate a long-ass proof in math tomorrow
>tied up a language paper, that was due this morning, this morning 3 minutes before class, fixed a paper jam, printed it, noticed errors, fixed those, re-printed it, and barely made it on time
>quiz on tonal harmony on Wednesday
>paper on St. Matthew's Passion due on Friday, haven't started; have to perform Beethoven's 9th Symphony on the piano on Friday
>roughly 300 pages of reading in the past 2 days, not even close to done
>4.5 hours of class today alone, and today's my easy day
>one more fucking week of the semester and then I get evaluated, want to rip that shit off like a band-aid
>smoking pot, chain-smoking cigs, and pounding energy drinks all week, not sleeping and not eating; seems like everybody's in the same zone
>going through a depressive episode all month, too, somehow treading water
>feeling fucking maniacal today, laughing to myself over how crappy I have it all day
>showered today for the first time since Friday, shaved, and cleaned my room in a fit of productivity

How's everybody else holding up?
>>
>>24820806
If you think school is hard then Im sorry. I been working full time for half a year since I graduated and It's 10 times harder and more stressful than anything I ever did in school.
>>
>>24820806
cut the pot, replace it with blueberries.
double your caffeine intake.
remember to keep smoking, nicotine improves memorization
>>
You're taking way too many courses at once if your workload is that unbalanced.

You should have been working on these projects way before the week they're due, especially if they're all due at once.

You need to learn to schedule your efforts so you can work consistently and have time off.
>>
What are you proving?
>>
>>24821037
oh good, so I won't be missing anything by killing myself

Have fun with the world for me
>>
>>24820806

I wish I was productive and smart like you F A M.
>>
>got accepted into Emery University
>wanted to take english
>have to take a bunch of horse shit unrelated to english

yea no. Fuck college.
>>
>4.5 hours of classes today, and today's my easy day
Is this what American schools are actually like? I have two 1-hour classes a week
>>
>tfw my oneitis is stressing the fuck out over college while I'm enjoying my vacation days
>>
>>24820806
>4 hours of class
Really? Just 4 hours a day?
>>
>>24821037
school is just a fuckton of work and it's way less rewarding than work because you're actually paying tons of money to put in the time and do the work instead of the other way around.
>>
>>24822793
Again, come to the UK. If you apply for English then English is all you do-- none of that distribution bullshit
>>
>>24822819
What are you only taking one class? That doesn't even seem normal for any college.
>>
File: 14232420370.jpg (16 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
14232420370.jpg
16 KB, 230x300
>enrolled in september this year
>one class is starting tomorrow
>lecturer sent an email that we have to form groups for a project by tomorrow
>mfw I haven't talked to anyone since september
should I just end it now
>>
>>24823113
In the UK (see >>24823033) you only have one subject and that is all you do in your time there. You focus on different areas within the subject, but it will usually be something like
>Monday: Elizabethan lit
>Thursday: Lit 1350-1550

(replace that with comparable maths, law, history, etc topics)
>>
File: 1423140980351.png (347 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1423140980351.png
347 KB, 500x384
>three history papers due in the next week

Why did I have to choose this shit fucking major. I wish I was good at math so I wouldn't have to write all this bullshit
>>
>>24823240
That's cool. I really hate having to waste time in classes I don't need for my major
>>
Yesterday I took a bunch of adderall and stayed up organizing my entire life again.

- Life goals, stages of career, current goals
- Daily schedule including morning/bed routine, productive things to do when bored, things I need to schedule in my daily planner
- Updated my happy memory journal
- Updated my mindfulness/motivational/affirmations list, along with list of habits I need to adapt into my lifestyle
- Drew out a flowchart reflecting my life goals and daily schedule tasks. Including the needed supplies to carry through these tasks, which I also have listed in a large document for when I go grocery shopping etc.
- Updated my lists of favorite tv/movies, and music artists
- Deleted all of my shitty memes and crap in my pictures folder
- Updated my daily planner for this week

Didn't get any schoolwork done though. Fucking adderall.
>>
>>24823268
At least with papers I could write two less pages and still get a good grade.
Most math deal with exams, technical stuff you have to remember. There's no guessing, You'll have to study that 40 page chapter and do the practice problems over and over and...
>>
LOL I haven't had to write "papers" since fucking high school, you guys must be non-stem majors. You can just bullshit a paper, try taking one of my tests. 5 questions, no multiple choice. You have to write out the answers. Basically you either know it 100% or you fail.
>>
Just submitted my last project of the term. Was up to 2am last night and then back on the grind at 9am this morning. 24 hours spent on this piece of shit that just barely compiles. I swear itd held together by glue and popsicle sticks.

Now time to prep for finals. I got 36hours to preoare for the first and harder one. Wish me luck bruhs
>>
>>24824161
>tfw test is 5 questions
>tfw you don't know (a)
>tfw (b) is literally "what is the yadayada about (a), you may use your work from (a)"
>tfw (c) (d) (e) are chained in the same fashion

TOP KEK
>>
>>24824161
I fucking miss papers. Now all I get are these bullshit unbalanced exams where the last two pages are 40% of the test.
The only papers I don't like doing are English papers, they're as dull as dishwater. Sometimes you have go by a certain "script" teachers give you. If you don't read much books you're gonna have a hard time.
>>
How/where do you guys get your adderall?
>>
>>24822793
They want you to be well-rounded and well educated Mr. Anon.
>>
File: acontinualslaptotheface.jpg (140 KB, 744x420) Image search: [Google]
acontinualslaptotheface.jpg
140 KB, 744x420
>Mildly attractive lady starts talking to me
>Will literally go up to my door and want to talk
>Seems strangely interested in me
>No one ever has ever shown an interest in me unless they're planning on harassing me with pranks
>So of course I'm super wary of the roasty
>In my room one day
>Overhear some of the guys on my floor talking to her (walls are paper thin, you can literally hear people talking to each other a floor above and below you)
>They say something along the lines of "why are you talking to that retard"
>She stops wanting to talk to me
Each and every day I lose more and more sympathy for people when they keep acting like cretins with no sense of decency or responsibility.
>>
File: sadness_like_a_blanket.jpg (42 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
sadness_like_a_blanket.jpg
42 KB, 495x636
>should be studying for finals
>surfing 4chins instead

JUST
>>
>>24821037
see >>24822919

at college, i'm always thinking about how much the work sucks and how much money I'm dropping on tuition/gas/parking/food.

at work, I'll often start to think about how much the work sucks, then I remember I'm getting money and remember what I'll be able to do with it.

also, unless you work salary, you don't have to give a fuck about work at home. i mentally check out as soon as I clock out. college, especially with lots of classes doing things with blackboard/pearson/whatever, puts most of the stress on your free-time.
>>
>tfw you wish you were a student still
>>
>>24825304

Could not agree more. Once I clock out at work I do not give a FUCK about anything. But when I was at school once the class was over the school work was just beginning. Always had shit to worry about. No matter how shit a job is, 5pm is 5pm.
>>
Dont fucking procrastinate then.
>>
File: moths break.png (127 KB, 1515x145) Image search: [Google]
moths break.png
127 KB, 1515x145
>>24825376
>But when I was at school once the class was over the school work was just beginning.

oh yeah. it was dope getting home at 6 PM after an hour commute to know I had a couple more hours of stuff to do by midnight
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.