[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My bf just got some new pets, A cat and Guinea pig. if these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 800x786) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 800x786
My bf just got some new pets, A cat and Guinea pig. if these two animals of a different species can coexist without wanting to kill each other, why can't humans of different races and cultures do the same?
>>
that guinea pig looks terrified
>>
>>24819609
Its a fucking terrible idea to let a full grown cat and a guinea pig hang out. With a kitten its fine but not when its older. Should probably keep them at least somewhat separated.

If you dont keep the pig in a room that the cat never goes in, it will almost definitely die young because of stress.

Also, when getting a guinea pig, get two. They will be much healthier and happier if they can socialize.
>>
>>24819609
False equivalency. A guinea pig isn't a sandnigger with a bomb strapped to their chest screaming ALLAH ACKBAR. Or even just a regular nigger robbing a gas station.
>>
>>24819609
Because Animals don't know the feeling called hatred.
>>
And here we have a cat "coexisting" with another species....
>>
>>24819609
So sick of people assuming humans can function the same way animals do. Do you fucking know what self-awareness is? Can you not understand the extent to which we have progressed beyond simply being driven by things like fear, ecstasy, and hunger? Animals are dumber than you can ever imagine. Stop anthropomorphizing things that are basically plants that move.
>>
You're retarded, OP. You're just asking for a dead Guinea pig. Get it the fuck out of there.
>>
>>24819821
What's wrong with it? They see the Cat as Jesus.
>>
Even animals can't be to together without 4chan demanding segregation.
>>
>>24819857
Humans are driven by things fear, hunger and ecstasy. We're driven by a host of biological and psychological functions just like every other animal.

Only difference is, we have the ability to rationalize why we do what we do to make ourselves seem special. But really, we're just like every other animal on the planet, just doing the same shit in sometimes needlessly complicated ways.
>>
They are satisfied as they don't have to work or fight over resources.
>>
hey /r9k/ I just found a really interesting documentary for you guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmYFpiCo1-g
>>
>>24819979
Which is exactly why we see chimpanzees having holy wars, and elephants writing books.

Fucking dumbass. Humans are a class above every other species. Its ridiculously stupid to convince yourself that every human action is driven by primal urges. Many are, and many arent.
>>
>>24820047
All of us are at the core.
>>
>>24820047
Our concepts of gods and religion were driven by fear. We possess the faculties to create such things and act on those basic emotions in complex ways.

Every act can be traced back to some instinct or emotion that every other animal has, no matter how special you make think humans are.
>>
>>24819979
I'm sure animals plan for years and years to get a man on the moon for no reason other then for the advancement of their race

I'm sure Animals named Julius Ceaser have crossed a river then started a civl war killing thousands of other animals then ushered in one of the greatest empires to ever exist

I'm sure animals can feel patriotism and have brought the world into two world wide animal wars involving animals who aren't even effected
>>
>>24820126
But we are the special snowflakes of living things.
>>
>>24820122
I understand that it comforts you to believe that. But there are an enormous amount of complex emotions and states of existence humans have the capability to create and experience that animals just cannot. Sorry. Its just how it is.
>>
Because all humans are underhumans by definition
>>
>>24820134
My Disney movies show that they do.
>>
>>24819813
I don't get it, is he cutting pieces of it off or what?
>>
>>24819979
>>24820126
>>24820134
Its shit like this that makes people vegan and fight for dumb shit like animal rights. we r the univers experiencin itself!~! i am starstuf!
>>
>>24820154
>But there are an enormous amount of complex emotions and states of existence humans have the capability to create and experience that animals just cannot. Sorry. Its just how it is.
I understand that it comforts you to believe that. But the one major thing that sets us apart from them is the ability of self-awareness.
>>
>>24820169
Sorry I forgot Disney movies are irl canon

>tfw a really long time ago really far ago Starwars actually happened
>>
>>24820208
We're not being Hippies. We're just being logical. We are just a way more advanced species of animal. We still run be similar factors at the heart of it.
>>
>>24820134
You seem to be ignoring the point I'm trying to make. Perhaps you should stop being angry and defensive and look at what I'm saying objectively.

I'm not saying humans don't accomplish great things, but we're still driven to do those things for the same reasons other animals do the things that they do.

Our brains help us minimize our encounters with the negative and maximize our encounters with the positive.
>>
>>24820225
Do you actually not understand how brain development and structure influence cognitive function? Are you actually implying that self-awareness is the only thing that separates us from animals?

What about language? What about being able to perceive time? Animals cant even experience empathy. The only ones that come close to us is some primates, dolphins, and maybe elephants. I dont think you know nothing about actual biology and have been informed entirely by forum philosophers.
>>
>>24820262
What about self-sacrifice?
>>
>>24820134
Also, patriotism is just a residual effect of being territorial.
>>
>>24820226
Wait, wait, wait! It didn't happen? You mean to tell if we went to a galaxy far, far away we wouldn't find floating pieces of the Death Star?
>>
>>24820152
We're special to ourselves, but as far as I can tell, we're going to go extinct like everything else on this planet.

In the greater sense, our lives, our actions are wholly irrelevant. We're the only ones who care about the things we're doing.
>>
>>24819609
Now try to put an adult guinea pig and an adult cat together, maybe then you'll understand the nature of conflicts you colossal retard.
>>
>>24820316
No it did happen. Otherwise how would they have footage of it otherwise?

Check m8 scientist fags
>>
File: 1447807975503.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1447807975503.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
posting in epic bro science thread. seems like nobody here has ever read a fucking book in their lives.
>>
>>24820302
Do dogs not fight for their owners?
>>
>>24820347
/r9k/: putting world mysterious to rest one post at at time
>>
>>24820344
That's because they spent all their childhood segregated.
>>
>ITT Hippy c.u.c.k.s
>ITT ANIMAL APOLOGISTS
>ITT LITERAL RACE TRAITORS

Gas the animals creature war now
>>
>>24820355
>humans are the same as dogs
vs
>humans are the same as gods

this is quite the battle of wits
>>
>>24820372
No they don't, dogs have no loyalty despite what deluded dog fags say. They are just brainless animals and are "loyal" to whatever feed them.
>>
>>24820355
>reading books
What are you, gay?
>>
>>24820372
They are defending themselves. Owner = food = dog stays alive. Its like you actually think the dog is fighting for its family or its country ROFL dogfag
>>
>>24820398
>segregated.
I don't think you know what that word means senpai.
>>
>>24819813
Why would anyone keep something like this on their hard drive?
>>
>>24820448
Do you know what faggot means, senpai?
>>
>>24820436
So, fighting for your food source is different from the base nature of defending your territory?
>>
>>24820516
In a post-modern world where my food source has nothing to do with my, "territory," yes. Does your family provide food for you? Does your land? Are you a dogfag?
>>
File: CC3G4YT.jpg (497 KB, 3105x1426) Image search: [Google]
CC3G4YT.jpg
497 KB, 3105x1426
>Are humans animals thread
>Nobody talks about art

fucking dumbasses
>>
>>24820486
No, care to explain?
>>
>50 replies
>16 posters

samefag haven desu sempai
>>
>>24820597
Write Faggot on a piece of paper and hold it up in a mirror with you in it.
>>
>>24820551
I'm not a dogfag, just trying to convince a moron that he's no special because he's human.
>>
File: 1446664380131.png (560 KB, 498x360) Image search: [Google]
1446664380131.png
560 KB, 498x360
>>24820666
The fact that we can have the representation "I" raises us infinitely above all the other beings on earth. By this we are a person that is, a being altogether different in rank and dignity from things, such as irrational animals, with which one may deal and dispose at one's discretion.
>>
File: bow-tie-kitten.jpg (48 KB, 500x508) Image search: [Google]
bow-tie-kitten.jpg
48 KB, 500x508
>>24819813
>>24819821
Hurry, post as many cute images of cats and dogs as possible. It triggers the everliving fuck out of this autist. He literally can't handle images of living, happy cats and dogs.
>>
>>24820883
lol you're the triggered one , fucker
haha got the lsot word!
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.