[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help thread? I would like to give some help to failure anons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1447722111933.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1447722111933.gif
1 MB, 200x200
Help thread?

I would like to give some help to failure anons here. I was once like you,
>Low 20's in age
>Overweight
>No self confidence
>No social skills
>Intelligent but no drive or willpower
>No skills
>No job
>No gf

But I solved all of these by getting a single simple and easy to land job.
Construction labour.

>You lose weight and become attractive
>Gain confidence feeling better about your appearance and now able to feel better talking to grills
>Social skills gained due to workforce interactions especially the banter between other men. This was perhaps the best thing that happened to me.
>You learn skills that are easily transferable if you keep your eyes and ears open. These are then able to be applied in very high paying roles. I started as a waterproofing membrane layer and now I am a project manager for construction remediation because unlike those around me, I kept my eyes opened and learned all I could.
>Skills learned everywhere. See above. All are EASILY learned over a short period of time and able to be transferred everywhere. For example, estimating, management, scheduling, foremen, logistics and more.
>Job will fall from the dam sky
>Gf got because I now am more confident and have a bright future ahead of me

All of these because of a manual labour construction job.
I highly suggest this to EVERYONE here. I have gone from a WoW fat nerd with no social skills, no job skills and with a very very very bleak looking future to a project manager making nearly 6 figured within the span of 2 years and I am now 25.
>>
>>24818561
I worked a construction job.

>Worked 12-16 hours daily, 5 days per week
>Always was sleep deprived
>On my days off I was too exhausted to do anything

I had no time for any personal interests.
>>
>>24818793
Forgot to say that I quit after 3 months and that my body hurt all the fucking time.
>>
>>24818793
>>24818820
What trade did you work as in construction?

I was working 10 hour days without any real issue at all and then coming home studying full time university online.

A lot of things could be considered on why you were so exhausted.

Not enough meals
Hours were stupid (I don't know of many companies which would require 12 hour days besides companies in slave labour countries"
What are you doing now? have you looked for another role using the skills you now have?
>>
>>24818887
I was doing solar installation. Working those hours on the roof in the summertime is not fun.

It should also be mentioned that the company stopped paying us anything over 10 hours, which I would still work 13-15 hours daily, but only get paid 10. Total bullshit. That really added to the whole dealbreaker. They were practically stealing 300-400$ per week from me.

I've been looking for another job. I quit that job some months ago, and now I'm broke, but I wan't to get out of doing labor work. Would rather work in IT or something, or at least something not as physically demanding.

I've done mostly maintenance/physical work on and off for 6 years, and solar was the hardest shit that I've done.
>>
>>24819051
Solar installation is not really a construction trade.

Might I suggest carpentry or concreting?

Both are very employable, you learn other trades then just your own and you can progress onto white collar jobs quickly.

Solar installation is like picking apples, you are doing shit anyone can do.
>>
>>24819151
Anyone can do it sure. You still need training to do it and have skills though. You're dealing with high voltage, and tieing into the main breaker, routing conduit, some people have died doing this shit.

Carpentry or concreting does not sounds very cool :\

I've done hardwood flooring before as well and that also sucked ass.

It's not motivating either because those trades don't seem to make much money. When I did hardwood flooring it was paying 11 bucks an hour to kill my back, and there were no promotions other than maybe a 1-2 dollar raise after 1 year.

Maybe it's worthwhile if you're running a crew, or if you're a regional manager, not for me though.
>>
>>24819290
Concreting for example is an amazing trade to get into.

Have experience? Time to hop into an estimating role to now price the jobs for your company.

Measure the formwork required for the project
Measure the concrete required for slabs and columns
Measure scaffolds required

All materials accounted for? Time for the labour
Calculate the man hour required for the setting up for formwork and laying of concrete
Calculate required time for setting and levelling of concrete

You now have the man hours plus material costs

Price man hours, usually done with a predetermined rate which include insurances, administration and additional.

Calculate logistics of transporting materials to site

Logistic +, materials + labour + 20-30% markup depending on how competitive you need to be.

And there's your total.

Now schedule it. You should have most of the schedule information from the client or premade from your previous calculations.
This is a rough calculation but you should understand.
This type of estimating is common for all trades and even hardwood flooring on a large scale.
Seek an estimating role for flooring. You already know the time required to install the dam things for a certain area.

Just my 2 cents
>>
>>24818561
Get >>>/out/. Seriously. Fucking normie.
>>
>>24819556
Oh right I forgot every thread should be

>tfw no gf with a version of some dumb fucking frog
>>
File: 3x14_Cox_realizes.jpg (96 KB, 944x712) Image search: [Google]
3x14_Cox_realizes.jpg
96 KB, 944x712
>>24819556
Been here since Space Ghost Coast to Coast was on Adult Swim.

I am the first generation robot.

Nice meme though. Just like reddit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.