[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would you ever consider being part of an order isolated from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
would you ever consider being part of an order isolated from the decadence of society and dedicating your life to the pursuit of science technology and art?
>>
>>24816555
Depends, do we get free internet access?
>>
>>24816687
yes
and fap to whatever to get that out of your system
>>
>>24816555
Sounds good senpai, I'm in.
>>
that's basically my dream scenario

i wish i could've been a monk or work at some secret government lab

feels bad man
>>
>>24816732
Did they fuckin replace "f-a-m" by senpai ? Oo
>>
>>24816744
You can still be a monk, man.
You should follow your dreams.
>>
>>24816790
yeah but those guys pursuit religion though
not science.
>>
>>24816790
I would, but the days of Mendel and translating the Bible are long gone.
>>
Sign me up boss
>>
No, im way too stupid for that
If you said yes you should think about your intelligence honestly
>>
are any of you even smart enough or talented/creative enough to do this? i get the impression that most of r9k are very dumb and lack very basic math skills, let alone have any knowledge in physics/chemistry/biology
>>
File: Brotherhood of Steel.jpg (37 KB, 464x464) Image search: [Google]
Brotherhood of Steel.jpg
37 KB, 464x464
>>24816555
>would you ever consider being part of an order isolated from the decadence of society and dedicating your life to the pursuit of science technology and art?

.........and what would this society be called?
>>
File: 1447972886452.jpg (455 KB, 997x1600) Image search: [Google]
1447972886452.jpg
455 KB, 997x1600
>>24816555
>implying meaningful art can be pursued in isolation from the decadence of society
>implying you can produce a great work of art while being ignorant of the zeitgeist, even if your goal is to critique the zeitgeist
lmao count me out
>>
nigger anal society
>>
>>24817541
This.

Sounds a little too circlejerk-ish.

Then again here I am on /r9k/...
>>
>>24817468
the voice
>>
>>24816555
I would like to.

But I'm too dumb.
>>
>>24817582
I hate that show.
>>
>>24816555
Holy shit anon, I have been working on that Idea for a while, we should talk.
>>
>>24817435
I'm not smart enough but maybe if I get lucky I could be a janitor or something right?
>>
>>24817915
my skype is chase.chenault
>>
that's all I ever wanted, OP
>>
>>24816703
sign me the fuck up then
>>
not op here but we should start skype group and talk this through and actually try this not just talk.
>>
>>24818040
like or not you need money for this
>>
>>24816809
>pursuit religion
there are priests who are scientists, but if you don't believe in the religion then i guess its a closed door to you
>>
>>24817580
>>24817541
Just look at /ic/ 3bh.

Try to make art in isolation and you'll prolly lose the relationship between skill and communication and end up with emotionally vapid, aesthetically childish crap that confuses the development of (technologically irrelevant) technical skill for talent (presumably because the accuracy of a figure drawing is detail oriented and relatively objective so it's apt for autists, whereas expression is a lot more vague and complex.)
>>
>>24818143
>there are priests who are scientists
huh?
>>
>>24816919
You don't have to be smart to study science. If you were to study it for you're entire life i'm sure you'd get decently smart.
>>
>>24818215
>I don't no what science is
science and religion are not opposites anon
>>
File: 1447808647066.png (29 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1447808647066.png
29 KB, 700x700
>>24818353
ATHEISM = SCIENCE = HOMOSEXUALITY = MARIJUANA = EGALITARIANISM = UTOPIA = PROGRESS = OUTER SPACE = ENLIGHTENMENT
>>
yeah cause the weimar republic worked so great the first time right?
>>
>>24818215
The aim of religion the method of science
>>
>>24816555
pretty much my life right now senpai
>>
>>24818353
im not saying they are opposite
its just two different things
>>
>>24816555
I would, but I like weightlifting(Olympic weightlifting) and can't abandon that
>>
>>24816555
No faget get a life stupid beaner
>>
>>24817915
>we should talk.
can't we talk here?
>>
>>24818040
well then do it
>>
>>24816744
>i wish i could've been a monk
iktf right there
It's the only thing that motivates me today. The idea of becoming what's closest to a monk. I mean like a shaolin monk or whatever kind of buddhist monk. But a monk who does math, and plays Go (weiqi/baduk).
>>
For starters every one who wants to do it should post their
>Field of study they want to be in
>skills(what things you would bring to the group)
>>
>>24818949
>Field of study they want to be in
Biomedical Engineering and computer science
>skills(what things you would bring to the group)
I have about 5 inventions that are not shit and can actually be funded, used in all societies, materials that make it, and other information about them, but I do not have a 3d printer to build the prototypes(I am currently working to get one) I
>>
>>24818949
I graduated with an electrical engineering degree
I have all the knowledge of electricity that an EE should know
my strongest area is coding in verilog and working with fpgas.
>>
>>24819432
Heres my skype chase.chenault
>>
Sure if someone else was funding that shit.
>>
>>24819582
never used skype
is that like a chatroom or do you actually have to speak?
>>
no. fuck you f.a.m.
>>
>>24819828
Its just a single account not group chat. Right I just use it to text or mic chat.
>>
>>24819897
ok so
how do we do text chat?
>>
>>24819582
AC technician?
>>
Make a skype account and add me as a contact.
>>
>>24820609
No going to be going to college for dual degree in Biomedical Engineering and computer science.
>>
>>24816555
No. I'm smart enough to know I'm not creative enough to be a decent scientist. I'd rather do something simple for the money to be comfy.
>>
>>24816555
If i had drugs because my past experiences would probably have me killing myself there without drugs.
>>
>>24816555
I would, that sounds like a really enjoyable life desu
>>
>>24818040
can we just use irc instead?
>>
>>24819008
>but I do not have a 3d printer to build the prototypes
have you at least built some proof of concepts?
>>
>>24821688
I was woking on some before I switched schools and now I very little time to work on them because I have 3 to 5 hours of hw every night and work.
>>
>>24821611
Make a group and then post here.
>>
>>24821688
i have a notebook of the basic concept, and most of the things i need for it and need to learn to cover gaps in what I know.
>>
>>24821920
thats not so much an invention rather than an idea
have you at least done patent research?
>>
>>24822018
Not extensively.
>>
File: 1310906413786.png (291 KB, 371x396) Image search: [Google]
1310906413786.png
291 KB, 371x396
I thought the whole purpose of science, technology, and art was to enlighten the feble minded masses?
>>
>>24822065
One of the problems is when the masses are so caught up in pointless shit like Instagram or any of the other pointless social shit that they have no want of knowledge or betterment other than followers and the amount of likes one gets on a slutty pic.
>>
>>24822065
Im not saying that there wouldn't be knowledge gained and then only kept in the group, there would be exchange of information to other groups that wish to try and enlighten the masses. This group would most likely just be research to gain knowledge or improve upon our technology. The most likely way that this group would gain the capital to sustain it self would be through selling the research or patents. Depending on the research I would not like to sell the research depending on what it is about to those who wish to perpetuate war and other things that we should be able to now not have to do and be civil about shit.
>>
>>24822203
hate to pop your bubble but
>make a group with people from r9k
>attempt to somehow make it profit from it's 'research' and knowledge
>degenerates into /sci/ tier or even worse /g/ tier circlejerk
>making money from mere research is harder than you think
>universities already exist for this purpose
>>
>>24822356
Ya I know that universities do that but most of the time there is so much bureaucratic shit one must deal with. Second most of the money the university gets is from DARPA, DOD, ect. Ex I went to a university campus for a "Research presentation"(im 18 in High school) 5 people go up to "present" literally just pull shit out of their ass to fill time and talk about childhood shit and other pointless things, have the only interesting presintation from someone who was in the DOD for 30+ years show the amount of money the university gets 90+% ya no i'm not going to be doing research to more people can die for resources we don't need.
>>
>>24822356
>make a group with people from r9k
Yes and? Most people are on here because they have crippling anxiety and don't fit in with the demographic of their area. They would be great people to have in a group that says fuck your bullshit I just wana be by myself.
>>
>>24816555
Depends will we be forced to work in an ethical manner regarding our research?
>>
This has always been my dream. I will start university next year, in Biological Sciences and I want to become a researcher. I have some good ideas and projects but I'm not taking it too seriously right now. Isolating would be all I need to accomplish them, but it's hard at this point and I don't have the time and the money. If something like that existed, yeah, I'm in.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.