[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Why does everything have to be logical with you? S
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 24
File: Lisandra.jpg (122 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Lisandra.jpg
122 KB, 750x750
>"Why does everything have to be logical with you? Sure if you compared yourself to him like that he'd seem like the more attractive guy or whatever, but why do that? So what if most girls would prefer him over you? Anon I can't explain why it is I like you the way I do, but logic doesn't come into it. All I know is that when I can tell you're looking at me I feel the way I've always hoped a guy would make me feel"

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSqcsAk6wv8]
>>
>>24816072
psychology can explain this
>>
These threads are stupid. Normie girls do not say things like that
>>
File: Danielka.jpg (16 KB, 173x240) Image search: [Google]
Danielka.jpg
16 KB, 173x240
>"Goodnight Anon. Thanks for driving so long, I can't believe how long we were on the road! I know my parents will be thrilled to see us arrive early. Gosh the walls in this motel room are really thin, aren't they. I can hear the wind and rain as if we were in a tent or something! Is it ok if I snuggle up to you a little closer than usual tonight? I always sleep much better when I'm close to you"

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0hePLlQBI0]
>>
>>24816072
You have to stop
You are deluding yourself
>>
File: nothingness.jpg (113 KB, 1234x354) Image search: [Google]
nothingness.jpg
113 KB, 1234x354
>>24816072

Then the next day, she's gone and on probably on his dick.

It can go from everything to nothing on a whim.

Which is why, when they say shit like this, they are not to be believed. Outwardly, sure. Put on a good show. But inwardly, don;t believe a word.
>>
>>24816072
>Anon I can't explain why it is I like you the way I do, but logic doesn't come into it.
Delusional faggot. She would fuck anyone then, without even knowing why she does that.
>>
>>24816072
>Implying emotions are based on any sort of logical systems.

If youre trying to explain things like that, youre going to have a bad time.
>>
File: Hazel.png (807 KB, 637x640) Image search: [Google]
Hazel.png
807 KB, 637x640
>"Ok tell Mom I'll be right there! Gosh I haven't seen her this happy in a long time Anon. Thanks for driving us to the christmas fayre, it really means a lot. You know, if you'd like to come in and meet my folks you're welcome. I mean, I've told my mom so much about you I know she can't wait to meet you! Either way, give me a kiss quickly before they come to the door"

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMIPsTrLn1I]
>>
>>24816072
>lissandra
>danielka
>hazel

jesus christ these names op

this is your weak point

just kidding it's all pretty much poorly written
>>
File: 1390481745542.jpg (97 KB, 665x462) Image search: [Google]
1390481745542.jpg
97 KB, 665x462
>>24816280
Emotions are just instinctual reactions and can be predicted. If it can be predicted, then it can be logically explained.

Sometimes people think that emotions are deep and confusing, but thats only when acting on them would produce undesirable results.
For example: Stacy is married to Beta Bill, but wants to fuck Chad. Bill provides her with resources and she doesn't want to give that up, but on the other hand, her instincts tell her to fuck Chad for his superior genes. Acting on her desire would produce negative results if Bill found out. Now Stacy is dealing with conflicting emotions and she thinks its deep and confusing.

Not really. Not that confusing to an objective onlooker and can be logically explained.

All emotions are based on root desires.

inb4 *tip*
>>
>>24816434
too cliche and shit
>>
>>24816528
Things aren't always that simple u fuckin retard. Go talk actually to people.
>>
>>24816760
yeah, I didn't really expect a proper response.
>>
>>24816528
Even still, the base urges are just as meaningless. Life is a cache 22, the only thing it does is exist. Your urges are there because if your ancestors didn't have them then you wouldn't be around, but so what? Is that a good reason? I don't think so.

Life is just continuing to exist for no reason other than the only reason it exists is because it wants to. You could kill yourself right now and you wont because of that desire to continue, but in a hundred years when nobody remembers you the same way that we don't remember practically everyone from before ~1900, will the decision to do it even matter or make a difference? In a few billion years, when life has ended will it even matter that it was even a thing? The universe is indifferent.
>>
>>24816760
you are the retard

just because something isn't simple doesn't mean that it can't be explained in a logical way

fuck off with MUH FEELINGS MUH MAGICAL SPIRITUAL SENSATIONS
>>
>>24816782
Well that's because your original post didn't deserve one.
>>
>>24816798
I don't know if I managed to convey my thoughts effectively, but really really think about why you even want compassion, love, food or even your life.
>>
File: Carolina.jpg (77 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Carolina.jpg
77 KB, 450x450
>you will never pull goofy faces together in front of the bathroom mirror

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7h3bd2YSWs]
>>
File: image.jpg (279 KB, 1115x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279 KB, 1115x800
>>24816833
Feelings can be explained logically. But that's not always the right route to go down.

You guys are called robots for a reason though I guess
>>
File: Gwendolyn.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gwendolyn.jpg
145 KB, 1280x720
>you will never feel her squeeze your hand as your approach their front door from behind the frosted glass

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSZ84u8A4ak]
>>
>>24816072
>Anon, I cant explain why I like you

I can. You feel like you cant do any better.
>>
File: 1369061635400.png (18 KB, 315x274) Image search: [Google]
1369061635400.png
18 KB, 315x274
>>24816798
The argument was that emotions aren't based on any logical systems.

I didn't contest the idea that everything was meaningless.

>>24816834
Emotions are just chemical reactions- chemistry within your head. Chemistry is a physical phenomena, and physics is a logical system.

>inb4 spooky quantum physics
That field is still relatively new and everything will be explained with time. Its pointless to base arguments on the unknown.

Now, tell me where I'm wrong, or will you continue throwing out insults and dodging the argument.

i'm well aware that this is going to go nowhere
>>
I wonder who OP's favorite is.
>>
>>24816528
>>24816798
>tfw you will never be 13 years old again
>>
>>24816905
I hate F types. You feel like something is deep and magical if you're too dumb to explain it. When someone calls you out, you resort to shit throwing.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 812x586) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 812x586
>>24816798
>presents something that seems to be in opposition of the post about emotions being predictable
>rants about nihilism instead
>life is a "cache 22" because it only exists to exist

MODERN

DAY

DIOGENES
>>
File: 006[1].jpg (15 KB, 621x459) Image search: [Google]
006[1].jpg
15 KB, 621x459
>>24816760

I have 30 years experience in solving peoples personal problems, relations and quabbles. That other guy speaks the truth.
>>
>>24817065
Ima T but Im not retarded when it comes to people. I bet you hate women and group them all as inconsiderate whores or some shit if you're the first guy I responded to
>>
File: 1428404656860.png (5 KB, 258x248) Image search: [Google]
1428404656860.png
5 KB, 258x248
she said, as she walked off
she said, as she said "keep your head up someone who loves you will come along!"

if this thing called 'love' does exist, it is rare, and genetic garbage sure isnt deserving of it
>>
File: 2223231.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
2223231.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
HER
NAME
IS
KATYA
K A T Y A
>>
File: Casey.jpg (75 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Casey.jpg
75 KB, 800x600
>you will never share a coke with her in a busy diner in 1950s Wisconsin and see her smile in an embarrassed way and raise one eyebrow as you twist your mouth to hide your own smile

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIUf6dOGc1c] [Embed]
>>
>>24817161
>actually posting lyrics of the Dark Eyed Cossack girl.

Nice taste, senpai
>>
>>24817055
What happened?
bloop bleep
>>
File: Oxana.png (759 KB, 451x800) Image search: [Google]
Oxana.png
759 KB, 451x800
>you will never slowdance with her on top of her bed in a middle-class suburb of 1980s Chicago while wearing blue jeans and a pair of white cotton elasticated socks

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FakmPsNCMRA]
>>
>>24817284
Its considered juvenile to think critically. We should all aspire to just "go with the flow" and "not over analyze and try to explain everything" because it kills the "vibes" for normies. Going against this makes you an underaged fedora tipping neckbeard. Get me?
>>
>>24816847
>Carolina

god, i told you you're fucking yourself with names

>Casey
go write a shitty hollywood movie starring some b list whore
>>
File: Rita.jpg (81 KB, 802x720) Image search: [Google]
Rita.jpg
81 KB, 802x720
>you will never walk slowly beside her across a field of knee-high wheat behind her parents' home at dusk late in the summer of 2004 and see her smiling at something you said while picking at a sheaf of wheat

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_WAPkhQzUI]
>>
>>24816930
Oh shit, Gwendolyn is trying to steal Casey's aesthetic
>>
>Rita
>Oxana
>Gwendolyn

it's like your smearing your shit on the wall in an autistic attempt to scry names for these threads but some lower entity is just fucking you with piss poor writing
>>
File: Franchesca.jpg (614 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Franchesca.jpg
614 KB, 2048x1536
>you will never sit beside her on the cracked brown leather seat of the school bus and let her choose between one of the two apples your mother packed into your lunchbox since hers didn't pack any fruit and eat the retrospectively huge-seeming apples while having talking quietly and calmly while your classmates joke around and scream and goof around all around you

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhp7ArGqy0c]
>>
>all these run on sentences
christ OP
>>
>>24817515
oh dear....I don't think you should do this sort of thing until you've sorted your irl stuff a bit.
>>
>>24817542
>being female on r9k
>coming to a place you know you're not welcome in
>proceeding to give people advice on how to post on r9k

Just leave
>>
>>24817209
that is one cute boy desu
>>
You're weird, Pharrelle
>>
>>24816072
I want her to defecate on my chest.
>>
File: Hilda.jpg (72 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Hilda.jpg
72 KB, 640x480
>you will never sit with your lower back resting on the cinema seat and your knees bent and resting against the empty seats in front and giggle at the movie being played while casually reaching into the bucket of popcorn you're sharing

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6lWvBIx3l0]
>>
File: Rachael.jpg (23 KB, 339x380) Image search: [Google]
Rachael.jpg
23 KB, 339x380
>you will never help her draw water from the well after the frost has made the rope attached to the bucket unpleasant to hold

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEHeWd7GSO0]
>>
File: 1449396185118.jpg (67 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1449396185118.jpg
67 KB, 720x960
>tfw no manic pixie dream gf to save you

Seriously though, if a girl is aware enough to say something like that to you, it's already over. Even if she genuinely means it when she says it to you then, "logic" will take over at some point in the near future, usually over a toilet seat up or down tier argument and then she fucks one of your friends. The ones that aren't aware won't say something like this but will still fuck your friends.
>>
>>24816072
Katya is the perfect woman.
>>
>>24816528
your fedora is showing and your tipping it.
>>
>>24816072
Emotions are ALWAYS logical, as in, describable using logical. The stereotypical way of emotions with logic makes as much sense as contrasting logic with trees or dogs or rocks. Emotions are just a thing that happens, like trees. Its development is no different from development of anything else.
>>
>>24818127
>describable using logical. The stereotypical way of emotions with logic

Sorry, this came out garbed. *Using logic. *The stereotypical way of contrasting emotions with logic.

tl;dr logic is 'superior' to emotions in the sense that logic can be used to describe emotions, but not the other way round. It is abstraction. Emotions are just, well, a thing. It just sits there in our brains, happening. It's nothing special. It can be discussed or not.
>>
>>24816072
Just because decisions made on emotion are not logical per se, doesnt mean emotions are not a phenomena bound by the rules of logic. You can understand emotions. How do you think politicians and businessmen happen? They're psychopaths who understand what triggers emotions and the comsequences of such.
>>
File: 1449414798dde636.jpg (106 KB, 600x454) Image search: [Google]
1449414798dde636.jpg
106 KB, 600x454
>>24816260
Well said Anon.
You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>24816072
I actually had a girl say to me "Why does everything have to be logical with you?"

She was upset we didn't get into arguments and when there was a disagreement or problem I would try to approach it from a rational stance making a plan or some sort of compromise to deal with said problem.

Instead of getting mad or breaking shit or shouting.

It's not like I was unpassionate in other regards. I just made the choice early on that instead of getting angry and screaming I was going to do something productive because I thought that would make for a more healthy relationship.

Honestly after that I became disillusioned and am still not sure if anyone can truly remain together happily for any extended time.
>>
File: Gertrude.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Gertrude.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>You will never know the feeling of watching the women you love slowly begin to wake up with you in bed, and give you a morning smile.
>>
>>24818452
>relationship

Get out
>>
No woman would say that. They would just tell you to man up. Stop breaking my heart OP
>>
>>24818645
It's been proven that people who can maintain relationships live significantly longer than those who can't.
I will be coming here long after you are dead.
>>
Where yall niggas getting all these qt pics at? These down look like Google Images bitches they be ugly and fake as hell.
Better spill them beans.
>>
>>24818716
One of the main reasons to come to /rk9/ for the pics of the qt girls.

Nothing produces the cutest of grills like the loneliest of men.
>>
>>24818716
Pharrelle has been building his collection for years
>>
File: Helga.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Helga.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>You'll never be sitting alone casually on a park bench, waiting for her to show and then look up and see her beautiful smile staring you straight in the face.
>>
>>24817778
>hipster wrist tattoo
>rural living

HUAEH
>>
File: aQnbwMr_460s_v1.jpg (64 KB, 460x701) Image search: [Google]
aQnbwMr_460s_v1.jpg
64 KB, 460x701
>>24816072
translated from womanese:
your my beta bucks, keep supporting me so I can fuck chads behind your back
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.