[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I pledge that from now onward into 2016 I will go full cocoon-mode.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11
File: Cocoon-of-Evolution.jpg (69 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
Cocoon-of-Evolution.jpg
69 KB, 416x416
I pledge that from now onward into 2016 I will go full cocoon-mode. It's time to stop worrying about tfw no gf, my past choices, and everything that gets me down. It's time to focus on myself. What do I want to do? What's stopping me from being happy? I will focus on this acne, I will become strong, and I will find out what pursuits satisfy me. What say you, brother? Why haven't you put aside your unhappiness and poured all of your effort into improving yourself? Hopefully when I emerge from this cocoon I can finally be content.
>>
File: 1444343908891.jpg (15 KB, 350x392) Image search: [Google]
1444343908891.jpg
15 KB, 350x392
Enjoy having even worse social skills and even more autism than before
>>
File: git gud.jpg (85 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
85 KB, 416x416
Alright has anyone here ever successfully used Cocoon of Evolution. What's the farthest you've gotten with it?
>>
>>24815975
cocoon mode doesn't work, isolating yourself is what got you into this mess and it will not get you out, you will find that you lack the self control to actually achieve your goals while being fully isolated, that is normal, we rely on agents of socialization to motivate us to do a lot of things
>>
>>24816032
Petit Moth deck was bad even when the meta was new and slow.

>>24816046
Just because I'm alone doesn't mean that isolating myself got me here. Maybe I'm here because I tried to let other people influence the way that I feel about myself and what i should do. For the first time I'm going to listen to myself and decide what I want to do. I'm in university and I lift already so I'm not doing this from a completely hopeless state of mind.
>>
>>24816032

I hate to say it, but I've found this to be mostly true, it's hard to maintain extreme effort without accountability to someone or something other than yourself.
>>
File: CP.png (615 KB, 632x1756) Image search: [Google]
CP.png
615 KB, 632x1756
>>24815975
I have more or less entered cocoon more myself. Very little energy spent on friends/girls, much less so than in highschool, save for a handful of contacts on skype. I've gone from a 4 or 5 to a solid 6 in the last year alone by dressing well, getting muscular through extremely strict and well designed diet and exercise. I went from almost failing out of school to A student. I quit video games entirely until I beat my addiction to them, and now currently attempting nofap.

Honestly, sometimes I get those no gf feels, and thats when I want to break down the most. But I just have to channel that energy into turning myself into the kind of person who actually deserves a gf. Cocoon isn't for everybody, but it seems to be working for me.
>>
Cocoon mode sucks. I just want to die. Not everyone can evolve.
>>
>>24816294
Thank you for your encouraging words. If I fail than maybe I deserved to fail, but I can always try again.
>>
>>24816032
>>24815975
Six months my good man. It defined my knowledge about a lot of things. However, while reading, I lacked in basic conversation. When I returned from "the frontier" to the city, I was stuttering. All these words in my head that I've read, repeated to myself, couldn't get out. Sweaty palms along with every other physical manifestation due to social incompetence and nervosity, but I eased into everything. I'm a college dropout, I needed it, and that's why I can talk to you about esophagus constrictions all day. Just make sure your cocoon doesn't end up divided between pizza and Chinese cartoons.

One more thing: It took me two months of continuous pushing: "Go outside, go outside, go outside, accept that invitation", a lot of weird looks, to get over the stuttering and the above mentioned. If you can't push yourself to interact now, don't do it at all. You'll be stuck in an even more desperate situation
>>
>>24816294
Why do people always say Seinfeld is a show about nothing? It was a show about ridiuclous social faux pas. That one episode where George says it's a show about nothing was just a one-off joke thing
>>
>>24815975
Don't cocoon yourself. Humans are social animals who thrive off of attention and affection from others. You'll end up like those chimpanzees that had no contact for years and ended up incapable of doing even basic shit.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>24816032
hey family. I just got done with 12 months of cocoon mode.

First and foremost, this anon >>24816013 is right, your social skills will suffer. I knew this would happen and I didnt care.

I focused on myself fully. I started eating right, working out, researching thought provoking subjects. I felt like a monk and I am much better than i was going in.

My problem is I didnt finish. I jumped the gun and allowed a succubus to pull me out. She used me and dumped me after a month. Now alot of the self confidence I gained in the cocoon is fucked up again but its okay back in i go.
>>
Not everyone can evolve. Sometimes you will spend years, and still be a Metapod who only knows Harden.
>>
>>24816245
>>24816479
>>24816602
Fuck off with this tripe. I'm not interested in OP's garbage. I was asking if anyone here actually used Cocoon of Evolution before and got out Great Moth/Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth
>>
>>24816602
>succubus pulled you out
LITERALLY HOW?
this shit makes me so mad because it makes me feel like i MUST be a freaking alien or cursed or something
No hands to help me out no girls no nothing just sitting in my room all fucking day rotting with these thoughts brewing in my head.
Im just so pissed that people have been in thag kind of state and people STILL reach out to them
>>
File: too late.gif (100 KB, 206x200) Image search: [Google]
too late.gif
100 KB, 206x200
>>24816521
>You'll end up like those chimpanzees that had no contact for years and ended up incapable of doing even basic shit.
>tfw 22 years and didn't go out in 6 years
it's too late isn't it?
>>
I took 2015 as cocoon mode year. I've improved a bit and all but I'm pretty sure I'll fail next year. I haven't got rid of all those things holding me back. I'm still fucked in the mind, you know. I dont think I can change that.
>>
>>24816621
More like betapod
>>
>>24816662
Dude, I mistakenly quoted you. My bad
>>
File: HELL.png (844 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HELL.png
844 KB, 1920x1080
>>24816602
At least getting used proves that cocoon mode can yield results
>>
>>24816754
That's fine then. No problem anon
>>
>>24816013
We've been worrying about what other people think for so long and where has it gotten us?

It is self-defeating, other people are little better than us, the few good people are so far ahead of us they might as well not be part of our world. So why all the anxiety trying to impress a bunch of plebs?

For example, a job interview, my goal is to get a job and get money, I will humor that normy and tell him what he wants to hear.

It is less detaching ourselves from society and more on focusing on what is important. That is why it is called a cocoon and not a hermit's cave. You will emerge one day as a more powerful being.
>>
>>24816697
>just sitting in my room all fucking day rotting with these thoughts brewing in my head

literally the opposite of that
>>
>>24815975
>tfw minorityfag with immigrant parents
>parents are forcing me out of the house when I finish univershitty
you fucking white people and your lax parents. I couldn't even dream of living the NEET life
>>
>>24817042
I dont get how its cocoon mode while going outside
>>
File: potential.png (235 KB, 625x480) Image search: [Google]
potential.png
235 KB, 625x480
>>24817086
I'm in university and am living on my own. You don't have to be a NEET to focus on yourself.
>>
>>24816699
Not necessarily, you've been communicating with people on here so you're better off than sailors who got trapped on deserted islands in the Pacific in the 17th century with nobody to speak to. Just go and sit in a bar instead of here, you have a chance of drunk people inviting you into their conversation if its a small place.
>>
File: Dudley3sportrait.gif (20 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Dudley3sportrait.gif
20 KB, 240x240
Some people never emerge from the cocoon, those people are weak. Be strong anons.
>>
>>24817750
How can i do that? Please help me
>>
>>24816294
Good for you. I don't really think that diverting less resources to friends and girls is necessary unless you've already cut out all video games and tv and 4chan though.
>>
>>24816714
Did you at least get /fit/?
>>
>>24818100
I've cut all video games and MOST tv, I post here for a bit about once ever 2 weeks. Going to try and leave permanently soon, or at least quit using the red boards because they trigger my animal fapping instincts a lot.
>>
File: yup (2).jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
yup (2).jpg
7 KB, 250x250
I cancelled my tv and internet too. Stopped watching movies. I even threw out my microwave so i had to cook more.

I worked on my art and my hobbies. It was going really great.I was getting stronger and smarter.

But then I started using my free time on plenty of fish dating site. I had some mild success and those women just tore me back down to basically where i began. All that I had improved upon was still not nearly enough for them. Im extremely heartbroken at the moment and I feel very lost.

I want to go back tot he cocoon but its so lonely
>>
>>24818122
Nah but I was /fit/ before. I didn't look like Zyzz or anything, just had abs and my shoulders, thighs and pectorals were bigger than average. It earned me respect from males but females didn't care much.
Don't get me wrong, I got fit because I enjoyed working out, but I wouldn't do it again. I've kept a decent built but I'm just average now. Maybe slightly above average, but I worked on other, much more important areas of my life.
>>
>>24817102
metaphors.
>>
>>24816032
I did alright but I didn't really go full cocoon. I just focused on my job (yes I'm a wagekek) and working out. Stayed away from friends and most of my family then one day after 3 months I just reappeared and got lots of mires and even had females approach me but it didn't work out in the end because my autism would always come out.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.