[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hate to be a speshul snowfleek but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1438850715451[1].jpg (95 KB, 903x714) Image search: [Google]
1438850715451[1].jpg
95 KB, 903x714
what is my problem desu senpai

>i CAN feel emotions normally
>i'm really detached from drastic events that happen in my life, and i'm also really detached from people's problems when they share them with me. to feel anything i have to conceptualize it on a high level, rather than experience it instinctually
>i canNOT share my emotions/empathetic reactions with other people
>when talking to people I feel the need to "play a character", adopting "appropriate" vocal inflection/facial expressions, so that i can appear normal
>even if i DO somehow end up feeling something, i literally can't express my true feelings to the other person. it has to go through the filter of this "character" im playing for them. i still have to go through all the motions of consciously trying to appear normal
>i promise im not autistic, i swear to god tbqh (to be quite honest) family[/spoiller]

is my shit fucked up or what?
>>
>>24815926
[email protected]

If youre not a troll then youre probably the closest thing ive seen to what I feel like, hit me up
>>
>>24815926
I think you feel a bit too much. To the point you "detach" yourself from your problems and those of other people. A defense mechanism, like your "personas" and filters
>>
>>24815926
What if someone tried to cut through your bullshit? Would you react by keeping up the facade, or instantly cave?
>>
>>24816022
check your email fampai

>>24816108
>I think you feel a bit too much
i honestly dont think this is far from the truth famsterooni. im clearly not schizophrenic or autistic because i certainly feel things, and im not legit depressed either. i dont know whats up though, and i'm too scared to be candid with a shrink because of the aforementioned reasons
>>
>>24816142
>What if someone tried to cut through your bullshit?
see, i'd like to think that i'm pretty good at understanding other people's emotions, so this almost never happens. I'm not antagonizing at all, so people have no incentive to see through me, at least not to my face. Also, I tend to be good counseling, as I'm (a.) detached and (b.) understanding/empathetic/whatever so I know how to look at other people and tell them how to feel better without getting hotheaded myself.

but to answer your question? i got no clue dood. never been in a situation like that, and if i do, I look forward to it, because it'll finally give me a break from my awful life and at the very least, it'll be an even more fun game to play with yet another dirty roach :^)
>>
>>24816142
Knowing some people like this, I think he'd most certainly cave. Not in a "pussy" sense, but he'd back down nevertheless

>>24816172
Perhaps you're overanalyzing. Your description of vocal/facial expressions and character playing has a peculiar wording in it. Self-critical and worrying, in my opinion. Do you think a lot about interaction or how you've interacted with others?
>>
>>24816329
>Knowing some people like this,
well, what kinda people are they like?

>>24816329
>Self-critical and worrying, in my opinion. Do you think a lot about interaction or how you've interacted with others?
yeah senpai i do think you're on the right track. it's CERTAINLY some kind of thinking/over-analyzation because i'm rationally-driven (as opposed to unconsciously) in terms of my behavior. if it is a type of worrying, it's only because i dont want others to think/know i'm basically a robot (in the literal sense, not the r9k sense) on the inside. i have this ridiculous desire to be as covert as possible in situations, and that manifests itself as (a.)the whole persona thing and (b.) hiding my internal world/opinions from other people. people DO do the latter part, but not to the degree i do. i'm uncomfortable with shariing even around friends and acquaintances

>peculiar wording
i'm a bit sleep deprived right now, so it could just be that baka senpai. but what sort of peculiarity did you pick up on? im interested to hear
>>
>>24816466
These people are kind, warm, but most importantly, understanding. Too understanding. If you spend more time with them, you learn the nuances and hints of characters. Not in a whole way, and sometimes I can't even notice it straight away. It's the wording, the atmosphere, the place, the conversation, certain people they talk to. These people are sensitive and will definitely absorb the aforementioned (or one of it) to trigger this character entry. Positioning themselves to best fit the situation. I felt that was their goal, always. That's why I said "too understanding"

>what sort of peculiarity
While you have your clickers, mine is wanting to imagine the two of us talking about this privately, and while I read your post I see the word "something" and then every other word around it, as if they're less important than the word "something". Your inability to clearly point out the "problem" (which I seriously believe is a part of growing up, I too have it, it's terminal, I'm sorry) you have all these opinions and people bothering you, accumulating vast amount of information while your psyche rages. It can lead to incredible things...If you don't undestand the "vast amount of informations" part, I'm talking about feelings. Feelings always bring up more questions
>>
>>24816733
>Your inability to clearly point out the "problem"
yeah dude i can't. i'm 18 so i supposed it's not expected of me to have a full grasp of my own personality for a while. but still, my attitude troubles the hell out of me. do i need a psychaiatrist or just time to figure shit out myself?
>>
>>24816804
You'll figure it out yourself. I'm 22 and I have similar "issues". It's the beauty of growing up. As long as you don't start antagonizing everything around you, and especially, and I mean this, especially don't start to paralyze yourself with analysis, you'll be fine. There's no frame to fill in when you're growing up
>>
what the fuck youj just described me

absolurely horrific
>>
Hi OP. Do you engage in stereotypical repetitive motor movements?

Do you have trouble reading/understanding body language, including but not limited to ; being able to read facial expressions.

Do you struggle to feel/read/understand the emotions of others?

Do you have anything unusual about your senses? Either over sensitive (hyper) or under sensitive (hypo)?
>>
>>24817155
haha dae le autisme xD what a hearty jest my friend xDDDD

>>24817050
good to hear i have company
>>
>>24817341
>haha dae le autisme xD what a hearty jest my friend xDDDD

i think you might be autistic
>>
>>24817155
>>24817341

so OP does have these symptoms but hes in denial
>>
>>24817694
>>24817549
Did you even read the op though? I've never had problems emotionally reading other people
>>
>>24815926
i think yr just an edgy teen desu

this happens to everyone. its a universal thing
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.