[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just lost my job. It was due to my own incompetence apparently.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: 1396957996499.jpg (65 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1396957996499.jpg
65 KB, 601x601
So I just lost my job. It was due to my own incompetence apparently.

The only reason I'm not killing myself is because of my family. I haven't told them yet. Gonna have a beer now.

Please robots. Please. I've never felt this bad in my entire life. The shame is killing me. Please.

What should I do going forward? How do I keep these suicidal thoughts away?
>>
Calm down.
You'll find an another job robot.
>>
>>24815873
yeah this it's really not that hard to get a wagekek job these days
>>
give us the details, faggot

how did you fuck up?
>>
File: 15.png (15 KB, 489x416) Image search: [Google]
15.png
15 KB, 489x416
Sup op, got fired about 5 months ago. Still haven't been able to get a job.

If you got fired for incompetence you might not even want to list them as a reference because they will say bad things.
>>
>>24815873
It was my first job. I worked at Big Four firm in auditing. I was only 3 months in. I can't explain to my potential new employers that I was too incompetent to work there and to be thrown out after only 3 months. I'm screwed now. I want to die. All the friends I've met there. Will not be able to meet them or look them in the eye. I really felt like we were a family. The decision came from my managers though. If they think I'm not good enough, then that is the way it is.
>>
>>24815826
>The only reason I'm not killing myself is because of my family.
you are faggot man just kill yourself now
>>
File: ghgfh.jpg (21 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
ghgfh.jpg
21 KB, 500x318
>>24815939
im
>>24815915

As expected, don't list them as a reference. So now you are back to square one with zero experience. Basically like me.

Were both fucked bro.
>>
>>24815913
They thought I wasn't learning fast enough. Not self reliant enough. In essence, I'm too stupid I guess.
>>
>>24815826
You make an assessment. Do you really believe that your life will only get worse from this moment forward and you want to spare yourself the inevitable pain ahead? Or do you just think it would be easier to give up now because it will take a lot of hard work to get your life where you want it to be and you're afraid you might try your hardest and still come up short?

If you chose the first one, start talking to people about it. Be brutally honest with anyone and everyone you come across and eventually you'll get help. (you probably would just an hero though)

If you chose the second one, fucking pep talk yourself bro. Find that survival instinct in you and use it to give life everything you've got. Try your absolute hardest at everything FOR ONCE IN YOUR FUCKING LIFE. You'll be amazed if you can somehow force yourself to just try at everything.

>God helps the ones that can help themselves.
Seems cruel and wrong, but while you're debating whether or not this is true or ethical, people are out there pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.

You were given this life to fucking make something out of it. Don't let yourself down for some bullshit excuse like you don't have a job or you're ugly (you're not even quadriplegic. at least I really hope not now).
>>
>>24815977
auditing is a normshit job.
>>
I got fired 8 years ago, had a few jobs in that time but they were all temporary. Dont worry, im shitter than you in probably every single way possible
>>
>>24815983
Yeah. I realize those two are the options.

I've always been prone to the second option. But man. After four years of education ,I was so happy to get the job. Now BAM. It's gone. I really don't know how I can explain this to future employers. I don't know if I can find another job in that field. 4 years of education to waste. All my dreams. Fucking obliterated. I might as well just resaddle and study to become an electrician or a plumber. Wouldn't really mind that one bit.

But god damn.

My dreams.
>>
File: 1441139064951.jpg (126 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1441139064951.jpg
126 KB, 720x960
>>24815826
Don't let it get to you, there's always another job. Don't drink too much, and just relax into your new life. Your not the first person to get fired, and you won't be the last. You're going to be fine.
>>
>>24816070
>I might as well just resaddle and study to become an electrician or a plumber.

theres another 4 years and a lot of money for the courses.

LMAO
>>
>>24815991
Man I wish the best for you in the future. I don't know what to say really. If that's my future... God damnit, I never thought this could happen to me.
>>
>>24815826
Why would you care about your family? I mean. come on. You'd be dead.
>>
>>24815939
What do you mean "too incompetent"? Were you educated but couldn't do your job?
>>
>>24815826
>What should I do going forward
Start a business - it's surprising the amount of money even simple businesses can pull in. You'll never be rich working for someone else.
>>
>>24816138
Dude. My family would be devastated. They have supported me in everything. I truly love them more than anything on this planet. They love me too in the same way. Could never leave them.
>>
File: 1331839683512s.jpg (3 KB, 106x126) Image search: [Google]
1331839683512s.jpg
3 KB, 106x126
>>24816077
>>24815873
Thank you so much bros. I need all the support I can get.
>>
>>24815826
Today my boss said that he is gonna fire me, so soon i will lose my job too.

I think i will buy some Morphine and Valium and then i will end this misery. I don't have the strenght anymore...

I think it isn't even because i am fired, it's more like the straw that breaks the camel's back.
>>
>>24816151
Yes. I know the theory of all the accounting and stuff. But at my work, they didn't think I was fast to enough to know the more detailed, hands on stuff.
>>
>>24816255
I'm really sorry bro. I hope you can find the strength and be happy in the future.
>>
>>24816269
Sorry to hear.

Honestly, at least you have a relevant eduction that can land you a proper job.

I'm have a sociology-tier education and will never find a real job so at least that's that. Just don't mention this job on your resume.
>>
>>24816070
you're gonna be ok bro if you just keep on trucking. seriously I can make light of this because it's happened to me, and I've seen it happen to almost everyone around me and most of the time something like that happened it just created opportunities for me to do something better. you're gonna laugh about this thread in 3 months as you're having a drink to celebrate some awesome new gig you got.
>>
>>24816322
But I left school 6 months ago. How do I explain the gap?

But thanks for your support bro.
>>
>>24816292
Thank you. I hope too..
>>
>>24816255
You may as well become a criminal with an all or nothing / get rich or die trying mentality. Life is easy even when the shit hits the fan with the right mind set. Become a fucking nomad, travel, do whatever for fuck sake.
>>
>>24816070
I doubt you'd get a piss poor reference from your employers dude, you didn't do anything catastrophic. You could easily play it off as "an experience that wasn't right for me" or "an environment I didn't feel comfortable in". You didn't get caught wanking into a potted plant or something like that.

Stop being a pussy and suck it up. Setbacks happen.
>>
>>24816333
Thanks man. But seriously, where do I even start to look? I don't know where to start. I don't know if I should start looking for other economy related jobs. How do I explain the gap in my resume?
>>
>>24816379
I like the attitude. I'm really thankful for you guys' encouragement. It's just. So. Fucking. Tough right now. But if I kind find a new gig that is less hectic than my previous one...I hope I'm set. It's just so hard starting all over again. All my friends that I've made. All the hours I've put in. God. Damnit.
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 1151x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 1151x2048
>>24815983
Nice one anon. Have a stacy
>>
>>24816349
I fucked up my master degree so had an 18 month gap - said I was self employed and got the first job I interviewed for.

On the other hand did you enjoy your job in the first place? The job of an actuary may not be for you - the typical route we're sold since birth of school / college / work 40 years and pay your taxes is not for everybody, you've got to answer that question carefully or you may experience the same issues again. Basically if it doesn't come naturally don't force it, there are lots of other options.
>>
>>24816365
>Become a fucking nomad, travel, do whatever for fuck sake.
Tbh i thought about this, but i think i don't have the courage and money to do it.

>You may as well become a criminal with an all or nothing / get rich or die trying mentality
I wish it was that easy.
>>
>>24816386
Just tell future employers that it wasn't a good fit for either of you and talk about what you learned from that experience. You might get turned down for a couple jobs but you'll get another chance before too long.

you could talk to some recruiters, I know it sucks giving a % of your salary but they really can find great jobs quick and it's cool to call them up and say I'm not happy here and they rattle off 3 jobs they could get you the next day that all pay more
>>
>>24816514
Thanks, hearing that makes me feel better. I loved this job. Everything about it. The people, the challenges. The career prospects. Now it feels like I have no chance. But I FEEL, that I have potential. I just need to learn the basics, and I don't feel that I've done that yet. I mean. I might not obviously be the fastest learner according to my firm, but I made it through 4 years of school (a pretty decent one at that), and I'm not overly stupid (i mean, I got the first job, right?).

If I just get a chance to prove myself over the course of 1 year or two, I'm confident I can do well.
>>
>>24816514
How long have you worked for now man?
>>
What did you do OP? I have been working full time for about 5 months now and I'm getting fucking sick of it, I wouldn't mind being fired at this point.
>>
>>24816856
Nearly three years. Sick of the job like but got plenty saved up to start my business going forward.
>>
File: -.jpg (35 KB, 528x297) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
35 KB, 528x297
>>24816437
>It's just. So. Fucking. Tough right now

>mfw

>All my friends that I've made.

You can stay friends with them outside of work you know.

>All the hours I've put in

Counts as experience.
>>
>>24816099
Not true. It doesn't take you several years to learn how to put called together. Depending on how hard he works to get certified a year tops find an apprenticeship and/or work in the field while studying
>>
I wish I had my ">laid off >as an accountant" meme from /biz/.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.