[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> studying Media and Anthropology > constantly crushed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: 1449302738304.jpg (47 KB, 440x660) Image search: [Google]
1449302738304.jpg
47 KB, 440x660
> studying Media and Anthropology
> constantly crushed by the realisation that my degree is useless and I'll have wasted three years

What's your major /r9k/?
Are you enjoying it ?
>>
>>24814731
why did you do this?

my major is biology, i'm pre-med
>>
Even a useless degree is better than no degree.
>>
>>24814747
I dropped Math in high school cause /lazyass/ so my options were limited
>>
>>24814759
no it's not, it's tens of thousands of dollars flushed away, and if you took out a loan it's that much worse
>>
>>24814731
major in making better threads
>>24814204
>>
>>24814779
why not just go to community college while you get your shit together then transfer to a useful university program later
>>
>>24814780
Uni is pretty cheap this side of the world. My degree costs the equivalent of around $3000 per year
>>
>>24814800
No such thing as community college here. only "filler courses" that cost too much
>>
psychology. Used to love the atmosphere but things went to shit after some changes in the management of the institute
had fun but I'm already working in a completely different area full-time and it's a bother frankly but I'm not gonna drop out half a year before graduation
>>
Law.
Different country so I can take Law as major while undergrad.
My dad works for a bank, so I should be easier to find a job
>>
>tfw i want to study languages
>i know there will be no work for me
>other options are engineering and other math related subjects
>too stupid to learn math
What do?
>>
>>24815090
Study Occupational Therapy, if you can deal with some Physics and Chemistry for a year you'll come out with guaranteed employment. Also it has a 8/1 girl to guy ratio
>>
Ancient History.

I don't regret it at all, people are somehow impressed by it and it's been a good gateway to what i'm doing now.
>>
>>24815090
You could do a language degree and then join the Navy or Air Force in a linguist position
>>
computer science at university, but honestly i didnt really get the math and programming stuff, i just passed the exams with bad grades and do not know what to do after
>>
>>24814731
Finished biology two years ago.
It's done absolutely nothing for me and now I have too big of a gap to ever use it.
Neet until I die now.
>>
>>24814759
$48,000 + 4 years of labor to determine the rest of my life?

I wasn't ready for college.
>>
>>24815171
Okay thanks, i will take it in consideration.
Any other i could take in consideration? I can't be a med fag because there is a specific high school for that in our country, also 90% of them go into medicine or law
>>
>>24815323

File for bankruptcy then you klutz. Then it's only 7 years instead of life.
>>
>>24815230
How can you do that? Do you have to finish the colleague and then go to the army or?
>>
>>24815259
I have a friend that's doing a bio degree. She switched from psychology to bio and is under the impression she's going to get a 75k a year job in a lab right out of school. I don't think any of us in our group of friends have the heart to tell her, especially since this is her fifth year in uni and she needs to do one more to graduate.
>>
>>24815353
US college loans don't dissolve in bankruptcy.
>>
>>24815347
Speech and hearing therapy maybe?
Very similar setup
>>
>>24814731
anthropology. i think im gonna join forces with the government and exploit foreigners. that or be a research cronie for some professor.
>>
>>24815467

http://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/student-loan-ranger/2014/08/13/debunking-the-student-loan-bankruptcy-myth
>>
>>24814731
Cinema.
Third workd country
No job
Useless
Family gave me one years to get my shit together
Send
HELP!
>>
fyi, many employers don't care about your undergraduate major. and absolutely no one gives a shit after two years or so
>>
>>24814731
public health and policy studies.
i love the fuck out of it
>>
>>24814731
Computer Engineering.

Only the design, everything else (the calculus, mechanics, thermodynamics, linear algebra, programming two a.k.a the "angel of death" course at my uni with a 60% fail rate) is completely boring.

I'm not really cut out for it but I'm in it for the job security because let's face it, Uni is not the time to "follow your dreams" but rather to invest in a future in which you'll be able to do so then, when you pay off your debt and actually have a financial bedrock.

I really want to become a rapper.
>>
>>24815521
>being in a third world country which has no market for exporting shit language cinema or shit colored cinematographers
>going to school for it
How fucking stupid are you exactly
>>
>>24815475
Alright you have been helpful, thanks
>>
>>24815518
Gold star.
>>
>>24815688
I was young and delusional! How the fuck do you exepct a 16 yo to make a life changing decision? Of course I'd fuck it up!
Please, hitler! You've got to help me... My family is getting tired of my bloodsucking...
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.