[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I was poor growing up >my parents couldn't afford
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 6
File: faber-chin.jpg (27 KB, 320x234) Image search: [Google]
faber-chin.jpg
27 KB, 320x234
>I was poor growing up
>my parents couldn't afford to feed us every day

How do adults continue to believe this about their parents?

Food is cheap. Your parents were cunts who didn't know how to manage money.
>>
>grew up on a reservation in northern
>only food source was through hunting and trapping
>some seasons were bad, not every could eat
>lost an uncle and cousin to the winter
>uncle was a hunter so that made the food shortage worse

Yeah, poor money management.
>>
>>24814631
And can you give me a single good reason you weren't on EBT/welfare?
>>
>>24814137

Oh look, another boastful fiscal young conservative who knows shit-all about how the world actually works.

Economic disparities really do exist. Yeah, some of it is people marrying way too young and having children when they don't know how to manage their money properly, but then you have situations like being born into Hicksville USA where there are no jobs, no factories and no form of higher education available to you. Sure, you can work minimum wage and try to save enough money to get the fuck out of there, but after losing most of your paycheck to taxes, food, shelter, car insurance, etc., it's going to take you over a decade to get there.
>>
>>24814631
In Northern where? Canada? Are you a fucking Eskimo or something?

>>lost an uncle and cousin to the winter
Not just dumb enough for poor money management, but too dumb to live? God damn.
>>
>>24814662
>fly in only reserve
>no legal address since reserve
>only grocery store is 6 hours by snowmobile or 9.5 by boat
>just go on welfare lol

Do you try and be retarded?
>>
>>24814723
They sell 5lb bags of potatoes in bum fuck nowhere (where I live) for 1.50 each.

There is no excuse to go hungry in the US. Even if you don't have income you can apply for food stamps and get $200 a month at the least.
>>
File: 144_594356.jpg (14 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
144_594356.jpg
14 KB, 250x238
>>24814631
>lost an uncle and cousin to the winter

Do you live in the 1600s?
>>
>>24814723
Sounds brutal
>>
>>24814766
you idiots need to get on some of that gubment money and have your groceries brought in on a plane
>>
>>24814723
>Sure, you can work minimum wage and try to save enough money to get the fuck out of there, but after losing most of your paycheck to taxes, food, shelter, car insurance, etc.

>food

>FOOD

So you're basically saying OP is right. People can afford food.

People who earn minimum wage who say they can't afford to feed their kids are liars and exaggerators.
>>
>>24814797
They did, it's nearly 10 hours away in harsh conditions for exorbitant prices because getting it up to northern Canada is costly as fuck
>>
>>24814766

>my family was incredibly retarded and chose to live in an isolated area with few resources

Also, you can absolutely get social assistance on a reserve, don't make up shit.
>>
Public school feeds you twice a day, and yes a lot of families depend on school to feed their kids. But there is a lot of ignorance about the actual costs of food. Considering their child only needs to eat once after school for dinner, this should save them a ton of money on food. They don't know how to cook. Stew every fucking day if need be.
>>
My family became poor after my dad had an Aortic Dissection when I was 13. He was the main breadwinner and he could never work again. It took two years to get disability, insurance wouldn't cover the whole 14 hour surgery, and we had to use our entire savings on repaying those bills before they repossessed the house.

Since we weren't always poor, my parents owned (well mortgaged) a home. In NY, even mortgaging a home, means you have too many assets to qualify for food stamps. There were a lot of nights I went to be hungry because we only had instant potatoes or pancakes, and I had eaten those the previous meals.

I think you people forget not all poor people have always been degenerate niggers or something.
>>
>>24814752
I do live in northern Canada, sorry for not adding that. It's a fly in reserve, the only way to get to a grocery store is when the water freezes over or through boat in which there is dangerous ice float.
>>
>>24814827
Min wage is terrible if you have children....yeesh... but they do need to take advantage of welfare if it's that bad. No shame in my game.
>>
>>24814137
my gf's mom is a complete retard who lives paycheck to paycheck despite being 50 years old. she has custody of her grandchildren and has had to ration food because she literally had no money until payday which was 3 days away.
>>
>>24814859
>just choose where you're born lol!
>uproot your entire family and relocate elsewhere! As a neet who lives with his parents it's that easy!

Robots are retarded sometimes.
>>
>>24814879
Wait, you can't get on food stamps if you own a house at all? If that's true, which doesn't sound right, that's fucked. I'm right over in Vermont and my mom is considering getting on it because she qualifies for them, and she's a homeowner.
>>
>>24814769

I'd hardly call subsisting on dry beans and rice a proper diet, and that's exactly what you can afford when you live in Hicksville.

My father wasted a good bit of his paycheck on booze, and even after my mother removed him from a picture, all she could afford to feed us was generic mac and cheese product. And for the privilege of that, she had to scrub toilets 8 hours a day.

>But EBT / food stamps

Nope. Conservatives keep cutting funding to that because "poor people have had it too easy for too long."
>>
>>24814879
>dad lost income
>can't afford welfare because we have a mortgage
>middle class feels
>BUT JUST SELL YOUR HOUSE

You try living in a home for 20 years and being forced to sell it only to move into an apartment that has rent that's more than our mortgage.
>>
>>24814955
That doesn't sound right at all. Even today it's fairly easy for single mothers to get food stamps, it should've been even easier back then.
>>
>>24814137
My parents both have IQs lower than 90. itry not to resent them for giving me a shit tier upbringing
>>
File: 0150 - UfK1n9B.png (374 KB, 1119x826) Image search: [Google]
0150 - UfK1n9B.png
374 KB, 1119x826
I fucking hate it when poor people have kids

such an irresponsible thing to create a life they can't truly care for just to save their marriage or some other stupid reason. they don't truly love you otherwise they would have waited to have kids until they are financially stabile.

seriously this pisses me off so much growing up with my poor mom who has 2 jobs because dad left us
>>
>>24814956
Yep. They've lived there for 25 years. Their mortgage really isn't that expensive and they would lose money selling the house.

>>24814950
I hope she gets them, anon. It is true though, my mom waited almost 5 hours at the welfare office just to meet with h worker to be told she has too many assets and doesn't qualify. She cried every day for a long time because of that.
>>
File: 1449169187868-r9k.jpg (38 KB, 483x392) Image search: [Google]
1449169187868-r9k.jpg
38 KB, 483x392
>>24814955
>father wasted a good bit of his paycheck on booze
I feel you anon, but I'd drink too if I had to work in the fields at the Crack of dawn and other menial labor until I died, and had to listen to people say you were "lazy". Being poor sure does fucking suck
>>
>>24814771
this lmfao

>lost my uncle and cousin to the bubonic plague
>lost my uncle and cousin to pirate raids
>>
>Eastern Europe.
>Parents divorced when 8 y/o
>Stay with mother
>No money for enough food so I grew up to be skinny as fuck
>No money for clothes, always wearing old shit
>No money for at least decent shoes, my feet are fucked up
>No money for fixing my teeth, so now I have to spend thousands upon thousands to fix it

You have no idea, Americans. No idea.
>>
>>24815074
The main reason she hasn't yet is that while it would be helpful, we can survive without them. It makes me feel like a piece of shit because I'm NEET, but it's not like our situation is dire.
>>
>>24815176
We're talking about civilized countries here, Ivan.
>>
>>24815183
>Have to pay for healtcare
>civilized

topjej
>>
>>24815183
>Ivan
almost pissed myself there
>>
>>24814940

>it is impossible to move

I left the shit city I was born in because there was no prospects there.

I moved to a bigger city, went back to school, worked shit wageslave jobs, and lived in the literal ghetto for years before I finally got something decent.

I've been to several reserves. I don't know why anyone there insists on living in squalor with packs of feral dogs wandering the streets while the band council and chief embezzle all the money.

Is it the free appliances at election time?
>>
>>24815016

Yeah, and you have to deal with people treating you like shit every time you swipe your EBT card at the checkout, because everyone in the South is a conservatard who think you're the scum of the earth and a waste of tax payer dollars. Meanwhile, they'd rather their tax dollars be used to rally up support for anti-gay / anti-immigration / anti-liberal / whatever propaganda that conservative politicians keep using to distract the population from all the tax laundering that's going on. Our towns look like the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust because there inexplicably aren't enough tax dollars left to maintain anything.

http://watchdog.org/1702/tn-tn-governor-among-the-nations-highest-paid/
>>
>>24815183
>tfw my name is Ivan and I'm from a shit-tier country

my nigga..
>>
>>24815288
I live in a western european welfare state

Your move, Ivan.
>>
File: feels.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
5 KB, 645x773
>>24815135
iktf, we are two of the same kind my friend tbqh familia
>>
>>24815327
But I do too senpai, I'm not him.
>>
My dad was one of 12 children and he never once said his mother starved him.

I'm pretty sure they were just lying OP.
>>
>>24815183

Looking at your politicians, I have no fear we will meet on the same level soon.
>>
>>24814866
>public school feeds you
>twice a day
In what fucking country
>>
>>24814137
>my parents couldn't afford to feed us every day
>Your parents were cunts who didn't know how to manage money.
Duh? No one said the cause wasn't shitty behavior. If you're a kid and you have a single mom with an opiate addiction that soaks up your funds, it doesn't matter to you exactly WHY you don't have money. it just matters that you don't.
>>
>>24815422

Addicts should be sterilized.
>>
>>24815399
Public school offers breakfast in some places.
>>
>>24815504
or be smart enough not to have children

why do poor people even get children? they are the most expensive toy ever
>>
>>24815542
Poor people are usually dumb and irresponsible, the kind of people who have unprotected sex.
>>
>>24815533
Never in my life, and even the lunches were a paid opt-in program which ran three days a week.
>>
>>24814866
>Public school feeds you twice a day

It's a service you have to pay for, you dumbshit. I was turned down food several times because my parents couldn't give me lunch money. The cafeteria people will actually grab your tray away from you and throw it in the trash rather than let you walk off with it. Apparently, they're not allowed to put the food back once someone has touched it, which makes me wonder why they let people get into line in the first place if they don't have any cash on them.
>>
>>24815306
what city you leave nigrums?
>>
>Grow up breddy poor.
>Not 'oh we owned a house we had to sell it ;_:' poor
>No house, council rented on bennies.

I wasn't from a druggie household though, just two very uneducated and common people trying to get by who meant well but were filled with bad habits.

Poor people are just dumb as fuck, I want to be like 'ya dont understand' but they are dumb as fuck, that's all there is to it.

But the government or the powers that be, keeping it that way by design, is another argument entirely.

It was painfully obvious that the school I attended was designed to churn out manual labourers.
>>
>>24815612
When and where the heck did you go to school?
>>
>>24815288
>being forced to pay for someone else's healthcare
>civilized

toptopjej
>>
>>24815612
nigga did you go to a private school?
>>
>>24816044
Canada, 95-07

>>24816180
I couldn't afford a public school lunch, isn't private school expensive?
>>
>>24816316
>Canada
In the US their is free breakfast same goes with lunch- shit by law they are required to lat least give you a peanut jelly sandwich with milk for free, Unlike like the maple monsters - in C.uckada
>>
>>24816425
>lat
least
>>
>>24814137
you could survive on two mcdoubles a day plus other crap you have laying around your house

1.39*2=2.78

2.78*7=19.46

19.46*52=1011.92

you could survive on $1011.92 a year bitch
>>
>son of undocumented immigrant parents

All I remember is rice, beans, milk sometimes, meat was rare, father always struggled to keep a job, he never worked in the fields, he was a welder but didn't last more than a year, got fired for not having valid work permit.

Always moving, new school every year, I think the low quality diet stumped my growth a bit, never got above 125lbs.

Now I'm eating meats, a shit ton of milk, got on test boosters, trying to scavange what ever I can from my fucked up puberty. 5'9"155lbs now with more facial hair than usual, feels good.
>>
>>24816893
build wall this is an original comment do not steal
>>
>>24814137
Because what they actually want to say is that they were poor, but no one gives a shit about your sob story how you didn't get a car for your 18th birthday.
However everyone would feel sorry for someone who has to go to bed hungry.

And most people don't bother to think about how reasonable such a claim is.
>>
>>24817091
Cool meme

Comment under GPL license please copy
>>
>>24815828
If poor people were smart they wouldn't be poor.
>>
>be poor
>have kids

fuck poor parents
>>
>>24817167
>almost 2016
>no birth licences

Spawning people should be controlled and regulated.

If Poor people have children, the state should take them into more capable families.

Like having a car and not affording fuel, why?
>>
>>24814723
Government pays you to Eat and go to college when you're too shitfaced to save money or live frugal
>>
>>24814771
this made me laugh out loud for the first time in months.
>>
>>24817335
leave it on the lawn to rust out and bring property values down, and when you do drive it it smokes for the first 3 miles
>>
>>24817335
>Spawning people should be controlled and regulated.
yes, because the state taking over something always makes it better, not worse :^)
>>
>raised by shitty single mother
>evicted every year or two, sometimes less
>power always getting cut off
>wore same clothes
>got over $600 in food stamps a month

It sucked but I gotta admit the grub was good
I'll probably never eat that well again for the rest of my life
>>
>>24817721
>mfw I find out the reason why we lived so poorly is because my mom horded money until she could buy what she wanted
>she couldn't apply for aid for any of us due to her "pride" and ability to boast about working hard and lying about her income
>after she saved up half a mil she blew it on a while bunch of useless shit and became a NEET who parties with 20 years olds and acts like a whore
You'd think she would pay for college for her smartest child but whatever.
>>
>>24817721

>tfw people on food stamps get better, more expensive food than you
>tfw you work as management at a wageslave grocery store and make the bare minimum not to be approved for welfare

It's like they want me to quit and be a wretch of society...
>>
>>24817658
Simple.

Networth of 100k.
One child
>>
>>24817831
The welfare gap is real.
>>
>>24817862
yes, but that wouldn't happen. if anything the state would want poor people reproducing more to suit their agenda
>>
>>24817831
If it makes you feel better we only bought regular decently healthy food. We weren't like spics that show up at the register on ebt day with 2 cartfulls of soda and chips.
Didn't stop me from gaining a ton of weight though. Sometimes we'd have two dinners in one night to keep the food from spoiling and my siblings didn't eat much so I'd have to eat a bunch of fish or something while still trying to digest a few pounds of beef and spaghetti.

>tfw now I go to the store and try to get the most calorie dense foods I can find to spend as little as possible
>>
>>24815739
> I was turned down food several times because my parents couldn't give me lunch money.

Your parents were dumbasses.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/school-meals/income-eligibility-guidelines

Every other 1st world country has similar or better programs.
>>
>>24815422
>No one said the cause wasn't shitty behavior.

There are a lot of people who still genuinely believe their parents were just honest working class blue collar folks, and not drug-addled/alchoholic/gamblers who spent the months grocery money on themselves instead of their own kids.
>>
Having children is a luxury item.

This isn't the 18 century any more.

It should be regulated.
End of the suffering, the ride must stop.
>>
>>24814879
>There were a lot of nights I went to be hungry because we only had instant potatoes or pancakes, and I had eaten those the previous meals.

Parents should have bought fresh potatoes that last longer and could be used in a greater variety of dishes. And of course rice and beans. You're only proving OPs point.
>>
>>24814955
A proper diet and "I went without eating at all some days" are two very different things.

Rice and beans are pretty good for you. Add some canned greens to the table and you're looking at a healthy meal.
>>
>>24814955
Your mother lied to you.
>>24815312
>Yeah, and you have to deal with people treating you like shit every time you swipe your EBT card at the checkout,

Been using EBT for years in the south and never once had a person say one thing to be about it at the check-out, or anywhere else for that matter. And even if they did: who gives a shit?
>>
>>24817721
Just get on the dole again yourself. Let the cycle continue.
>>
>>24817831
Have you actually tried applying? You might not get full benefits, but even $50 a month would help.
>>
>>24818222
>Rice and beans are pretty good for you. Add some canned greens to the table and you're looking at a healthy meal.

Trips of truth. If you eat like this you'll be eating healthier than the vast majority of people that can eat whatever and as much as they want.
>>
>>24818309
As far as the government is concerned if you're male you can fuck off and go die when you reach the age of 18.
Its a pain to get ebt as a single male and even if you perform a miracle and get it you'll be lucky to get much at all.

Sure it helps but it might not be worth the runaround.
>>
>>24814723
Hicksville NY is a great place to live though
>>
>>24818503
I am on EBT and I'm an NEET. It was no problem. Just went down to the office and did an interview and told them I'm unemployed. Got approved the next month.

If I get a job it might impact my benefits tho.
>>
>>24818327

Yep, got rejected.

If I was making $1 less an hour, I'd be getting something like $150 in benefits. It's pretty ridiculous.

Thankfully I'll be seeing a decent raise this next year so there's that, otherwise I'd quit this job or step down to get foodstamps.
>>
>>24818503
>implying the government is allowed to discriminate on the basis of sex
>>
File: 1419801843993.jpg (100 KB, 854x640) Image search: [Google]
1419801843993.jpg
100 KB, 854x640
>>24818588

Is this sarcasm or is a roastie behind this post?
>>
>>24818627
neither, I'm male and I'm not being sarcastic
>>
>>24814907
ey boss if you're still here I have an honest ignorant question.

why don't natives just leave their reserves and assimilate to the city? why do natives subject themselves to living in shitty 3rd world conditions? there's so many kickbacks for natives I've heard, you'd have it easier here in Toronto than most immigrant families do.
>>
The dinner lady at my secondary school used to give me free sausage rolls and water, and fruit was free anyway.
Feelsgood bruh
>>
>90% of diet was peasant grains
>always went on some expensive, elaborate trip for summer vacation that i didnt enjoy
>"dont worry you'll appreciate it when you're older"
>22yo manlet who was malnourished my entire adolescence

WHY
>>
>>24814631
>being aboriginal

I wish more of you would starve to death
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.