[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We're all going to die. Nothing you will ever do or ach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14
File: comfy.png (803 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
803 KB, 1100x700
We're all going to die. Nothing you will ever do or achieve matters. The greatest human accomplishments are meaningless. Human history in its entirety is just a minuscule grain of sand in a desert and will be completely forgotten in just a few billion years, if not much earlier than that.
Your life is the same, on an even smaller scale. Despite what you'd like to think, you're the same as seven billion other people who all believe they're unique and that their lives are meaningful. This is not the case. All of our lives are fleeting moments, insignificant sparks in an infinite, empty void. Your entire existence means nothing and will leave nothing behind, regardless of whether or not you're a farmer in the American midwest or a Fortune 500 CEO. What we think is important is just a collection of ridiculous "values", "ideologies", "morals", that we created in order to feel less afraid of the endless void that awaits all of us.
You shouldn't be afraid. You should feel comfort and happiness in the realization that nothing matters and nothing will ever matter. In the end, everything will fade away, and everything will be okay.

Let's have a comfy thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=HscrQxhYbeo
>>
File: cocopalm__maldives.jpg (204 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
cocopalm__maldives.jpg
204 KB, 1600x1071
nobody up for comfy?
>>
Common sociopath remarks.
>>
Quantum immortality bitches
>>
Yeah but on the way is a world full of hurt
>>
>>24813990
I'm not a sociopath since I feel strong emotions and can relate to others. Just think for a second, is anything I said in the OP post actually false?
>>24814046
Definitely easier said than done, but the more you detach yourself from things, the less they can hurt you. I don't mean changing your personality at all, I just mean looking at the big picture and realizing that it doesn't matter.
You could do anything without any actual consequences. Everything that happens is microscopic. It has no value
>>
everything is energy, everything dies (or changes form) time only exists in our head.

so i guess overall, our world doesn't really exist, our physical form just, receives it like this.

after i die i hope i will wake up on a machine that is ment to create the universe you wish to imagine, basically, after this life i could meet all my waifus
>>
Its not that things you do in life should matter to other people op, its that things in life should matter to you.
thats why am comfy also so LEGGO.
>>
>>24814252
>things in life should matter to you
Well, things don't matter either way, so yeah, better do stuff that makes you feel good. You can narrow down your existence to "do shit that makes me feel pleasure". That's the only logical way to look at life.
>>
I tell myself this everyday for years and still have anxiety.
>>
>>24814415
You tell yourself such things, but do you believe in them? Do you truly believe nothing matters, or do you simply acknowledge the fact that it might be a possibility?
>>
Kys bud
>>
File: DSCN0326.jpg (1 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0326.jpg
1 MB, 4608x3456
Time to get comfy.
>>
File: noo.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
noo.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
>>24813674
lol grow up
>>
>>24814741
>>24814625
>his post made me uncomfortable and made me realize I'm scared, better call him out on hit
>>
File: Comfy Dog.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Dog.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>24813674

Thank you OP, I needed to hear this just now.
>>
File: breezebrock.jpg (40 KB, 767x662) Image search: [Google]
breezebrock.jpg
40 KB, 767x662
This is stupid as fuck OP. Most people know this. It doesn't change the fact that you still have to actually die and time to pass before it all means nothing. Telling yourself ''It doesn't matter anyway'' is just a stupid way of convincing yourself that being a lazy fat virgin fedora fuck is okay. And if you truly believed this yourself, as in, you actually feel it in your heart as opposed to just knowing it's a fact you'd wouldn't be on 4chan. You'd most likely be successful at pretty much whatever you wanted to do.
>>
>>24813674
That's right. Do you know the only thing that counterbalances that? What makes life worth living, what makes people ignore everything you just said?

It's love. Having people that are meaningful to you, and being meaningful to people. Family, friends, significant other. That's what makes people not care about that kind of nihilism.

That's why I'm afraid. What you just said, I say to myself, but none of it matters. I know the one comfort that takes that fear away, and I know I will never have it.
>>
>>24814710
what are they? are they grey-area medication you imported from asia or are you just from asia?

wagner is pretty comfy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRU1AJsXN1g
>>
>>24814882
Kind of grey area but technically flat out illegal in the US I think. The site just doesn't give a shit.

Mimaki Family Pharmacy is legit as fuck.

There's 90 (well, now 88) 1 milligram mexazolam, 30 2 milligram flutoprazepam, and 10 7.5 milligram zopiclone.
>>
File: 1440734912446.jpg (5 KB, 170x152) Image search: [Google]
1440734912446.jpg
5 KB, 170x152
>>24814860
>>24814837

>It's love.
>just because it doesn't matter doesn't mean you get to stop wasting your life as part of the machine! GET BACK TO WORK PLEASE, MISERY LOVES COMPANY
stockholm syndrome: the posts.
>>
File: truth.jpg (394 KB, 1372x914) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
394 KB, 1372x914
this picture might be relevant
>>
>>24814837
Don't use OPs nihilistic statements as a copout to being a loser. Use them to relax and realize that your life is yours to spend as you please and that you shouldn't stress so much about everything.
>>
File: Kramskoy_Portrait_of_a_Woman.jpg (856 KB, 1500x1168) Image search: [Google]
Kramskoy_Portrait_of_a_Woman.jpg
856 KB, 1500x1168
>>24815204
I see that you're clearly above such shallow primal concepts like love.

If you were right then robots wouldn't exist.
>>
File: 1441252174434.jpg (104 KB, 590x960) Image search: [Google]
1441252174434.jpg
104 KB, 590x960
>>24815397
no, I'm not above it. I'm saying that love comes down purely to physical attraction and dependence. Saying that there is some kind of cosmic reason why love is something special is being incredibly generous. Conception and passing on your genetic code might be the reason why we live, but that doesn't mean love is some kind of end all be all.
>>
File: sa.png (4 KB, 347x45) Image search: [Google]
sa.png
4 KB, 347x45
There is no way we will not die.
>>
File: 9uFIrzO.png (54 KB, 1317x348) Image search: [Google]
9uFIrzO.png
54 KB, 1317x348
blox pls
>>
>>24813674
I've thought about this a lot and the way I see it is that the future really doesn't matter at all along with the past. You can't have any affect on it and even if you could, once humanity ends what difference would it even make.

The only thing that actually matters is the present - enjoying your life.
>>
>>24815438
I think what he's saying his when you love someone you don't care about those things. you just live for that person. sure, it's an emotion.. do you think "insignificance" is not an emotion? who said "bigger,more time" is more significant? it's merely an atrifact of human psychology which gives value to things according to the power they have on influencing reality. it's not like it's written in nature "you are tiny so you must be insignificant. it's not an objective fact, in short
>>
>>24813674
>posts thread about comfy
>inherently uncomfy opener
You cant say life is pointless, you cant say nothing matters either. It's fundamentally unknowable at this point whether everything matters or doesn't matter.

Your whole rant is sophomoric and provides absolutely nothing to the reader.
>>
>>24816807
>>uncomfy opener
But it is very comfy. No meaning to anything means you don't have to worry.

>It's fundamentally unknowable
Even if there is an afterlife, it has nothing to do with this. If there is something "after" life and death, it certainly doesn't fall within the realm of religious beliefs and it's probably something ineffable given our current state of consciousness
>>
>>24816728
... but that is of no comfort.. I think what really drives desperation is dread. it's not that the human is insignificant, it's that he's vulnerable. weak against the universe and then against his peers.
>>
>>24816852
>uncomfy opener
you self-rationalizing not doing anything with a pseudo intellectual semantic clusterfuck isn't comfy at all. If you want to be comfy then be comfy, but don't pretend to know the fundamentals of the universe and everything.

>even if there is an afterlife
Upon what empirically based research are you basing all these obtuse "hard rules" you're presenting me with?
>>
>>24816978
It's just sugarcoating. But the meaning is still there and it's very comfy. The fact that you find it uncomfortable says a lot about how you view life.

I'm not presenting you with any hard rules, I'm merely stating how pretentious and ridiculous it is to believe our minds would be able to comprehend an afterlife if there is one, which is highly unlikely.
Either way, it doesn't change anything to the fact that humanity is extremely small and that we don't mean shit in the grand scheme of things.

Your passive agressive attempts to disprove this just indicates you don't want to face reality
>>
>>24815132
I assume you're American? If so, imma buy me some benzos
>>
>>24817058
>says a lot
Is that supposed to be demeaning in some way? What was the point of this statement?

>stating how pretentious
where is the point of pretention in trusting the scientific method, which has provided groundwork to solve perceived issues in the past, when nobody understands the system at hand yet but there is still a perception?

>doesnt change anything to the fact
humanity being small is relational. Sure humanity is small in relation to the universe, but you cant say our impact on reailty is of the same scale without providing proof.

>dont mean shit in the grand scheme
If you dont have a perspective inside the grand scheme of things how the fuck do you know that?

>your passive aggressive attempts
you're using transferral here. Read this post fully first and then format an argument and I think you will understand why
>>
File: 1419462754422.png (267 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1419462754422.png
267 KB, 600x600
>>24817058
OP pls

There's no wonder you belong on /r9k/
>>
File: 1445206234584.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1445206234584.gif
2 MB, 750x750
How about actual comfiness you fucking faggots

youtube.com/watch?v=-CvLnE4_qhU&list=PLser-ecWvlBnubkS-BY5fxdaIAG4WdhWA&index=184
>>
>>24813674
Amen to that brother in reality maybe unless it's science nothing matters we will all be forgotten.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.