[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with regret?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1375138007027.gif (20 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1375138007027.gif
20 KB, 633x758
How do you deal with regret?
>>
>realize that dwelling on the past is quite literally stealing energy and resources from bettering your situation in the present

regret hurts, but allowing one regret to turn into another hurts more. stop the cycle anon.
>>
>>24813730
>stop the cycle anon
I want to anon. But my will is so weak. How do I find the light?
>>
>>24813784

You gotta do something different from your current routine. Doesn't matter what it is.

For me it was exercise and going to the gym. For you it could be just going outside for 10 minutes. Doesn't matter, you just need something to get out out of your current routine style of thinking. Humans are habitual thinkers and doers, and if your current habits are making you miserable, you gotta do something different.
>>
File: 1449495420980.jpg (27 KB, 400x487) Image search: [Google]
1449495420980.jpg
27 KB, 400x487
Try to tell myself its over, I missed my chances, etc, its all done and theres nothing I can do about it.

Try and forget, basically. But I'm left with deep scars and when I remember them and feel the pain.

I tell myself that my present is the past's future. things were gonna turn out like this anyways.
>>
How bad does yours become? I am constantly fighting to stop remembering the past and the regrets. Lately I've been failing and it's all coming back. Sometimes I have to get up and sit while rocking back and forth. Sometimes I let out these cringe-worthy sounds, just to make them pass.
>>
>>24814180
fuckin lmao

sorry robot but jesus
>>
I just let it all go and say fuck it all i am going to fuck everything up fuck this fuck that fuck everything then i let the house on fire
>>
>>24814279

Is this rock-bottom? Being even too weird for r9k.
If I think about it, it is kind of weird. Basically like tourette's syndrome but triggered by regrets.
>>
>>24814366

You can't change the past, learn from it and move forward.

We're all worm food anyway. The man with the best most regret-free life and the sad regret-filled robot will both be swallowed up into total oblivion and forgotten forever. Do you stop and think about all the cringe-worthy things done in the 1700s and 1800s? No? Yours matter just as little.
>>
>>24814427

>nothing matters concept

Honestly, I don't see how that helps in these regret situations. It actually just compliments it and makes things worse or at least doesn't change them. With regrets, at least for me, the problem is that you know what you could have had. It's not a motivational problem or fear of doing something. Knowing that nothing really matters doesn't allow me to go back and get what I wanted and set things up for the future. Maybe there are multiple types of regrets.
>>
>>24814180
Same here sometimes i want to scream because i start to remember things even if delude myself to be happy.What im deluding myself now is that being depressed makes me gain weight and look girly.
>>
>>24814535

Deluding doesn't even work for me any more. I wasted 6 years thinking about it. Recently it progressed so far that I'm having trouble coming up with other stuff to think about apart from all the regretful memories. Typing this is really embarrassing, even if it's anonymously online. I feel like I'm past the "no going back" zone; there's just nothing even theoretical that could fix my "problems".

>What im deluding myself now is that being depressed makes me gain weight and look girly.

You won't have to delude yourself once the first hair starts falling out. Try and use that as a push to get out of it.
>>
>>24814623
Idk i think im beyond saving since i never go out and today i even intentionally sabotaged my interview because i will regret going to work anyway so unless something magically happens i will become insane or just kill myself.
>>
>>24814803

>rejecting work

You're an idiot. A workplace is a new social environment. Who knows what kind of people you could have met? New friends or even potential QTs. Work also serves as a base to fix or get the other things: friends and a relationship.
>>
>>24814896
All were atleast 5 years older than me and doing shifts will kill me because im already having hard time fixing my sleeping patterns.Oh and i will just embarrass myself like i always do.
>>
>>24814001
if you look like that pepe you are a qt
>>
>>24813644
by being unSpooked
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.