[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw when mediocre at everything except for singing What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: 4358202-4867594807-metal.jpg (64 KB, 1024x624) Image search: [Google]
4358202-4867594807-metal.jpg
64 KB, 1024x624
>tfw when mediocre at everything except for singing

What's your one skill robots? Can you use it to make money?
>>
>>24813292
No I don't.
>tfw I don't have any marketable skills
>I'm not good at anything
Who else here /geneticfailure/?
>>
probably drawing, but I only know how to copy shit on pencil and paper, I need practice. even if I learned to digital drawing and spent all the money with that shit it'd still take some time to get any income at all of it if I ever got
>>
>spend all day using a computer
>no actual outstanding skills at using one
Willing to bet that a lot of you are in this boat
>>
Automotive, i can build and tune/race cars, but that isnt marketable, except for bets
>>
>>24813397
Me i can't do anything what's worst i can't learn from my mistakes
>>
>>24813292
Post a vocaroo of singing anon
>>
>>24813632
yep.
I guess I can type pretty fast but not really.
>>
>>24813691
It's really too bad that in the year 2015 the profession of a typist is no longer relevant, I'd like to be able to just bang out a load of work and then call it a day
>>
File: UBxhtzo.png (101 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
UBxhtzo.png
101 KB, 500x366
Game development, but "skill" is subjective I guess

>can program
>can't do art
>somehow get game on steam
>art is bad so no one takes it seriously
>only kids playing it
>kids use mummy's credit card so they still pay the DLC fortunately
>try to go to local meet ups with other game developers
>none of them want to talk or be friends
>sit at home wondering where i went wrong in life
>>
The only thing I'm really good at that I can make money off of is writing. I really want to write TV shows for a living but I'm certain that no producer will ever pick up my animated kid's show about pirates.
>>
>>24813292

> What's your one skill robots?

I can type at 80wpm.
>>
I think I could make a living voice acting if I got the right connections to get started. That's my dream career desu.
>>
>>24813760
Yeah, it is too bad. At least the only other thing I am good at is banging out loads so I've got that going for me.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (546 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
546 KB, 264x264
>>24813292
I'm really good at things which are illegal, counterfeiting to be specific.

I have the knowledge and skills to make near perfect copies of valuable collectibles like video games, magic cards, or books.

But I can't use it to make money because I'm afraid of getting caught, and because the processes are generally a bit expensive to start up and I don't have the capital.

I also blab too much about my opportunities for it. A few years ago I told some dudes on a forum how easy it would be to swap the ROM chips in any CPS2 game for chips from another, and within a short period of time someone started selling fake Hyper Street Fighter II carts on ebay for $200 each (they cost about $50 to make).
>>
>>24813773
Look at games like the novelist. It's a great game but it doesent focus on graphics at all. So just approach games like that or find an artist desu senpai
>>
>>24813684

https://m.soundcloud.com/jhost/razors-in-the-attic

I know it's not what you asked for but I can't do a vocaroo right now. It's kind of quiet so you might have to turn up your speakers. Lo-fi and all that.
>>
>He doesn't even have a skill

Whyyyyy :'(
how did you find your skill? I have no idea what I'm good at so I have no idea where to start or anything
>>
>>24813292
programming, though its not the only one
I can
>>
>>24813773
Interesting, anon. I should try that rote too.
>>
>>24813773
what's your game called anon?
>>
the only thing i seem to be half decent at is playing guitar

no one gives a shit about guitar anymore and it's impossible to make a living off of playing music unless you're some pop star or rapper
>>
>>24814654
Learn how to make your guitar rap.
>>
>>24813292
I can promote the hell of shit, new interesting ways of promotion and the ideas on who to reach come to me naturally.. Was working as a manager for some local artists and made them pretty famous in the whole country, however I got almost nothing in return. It's a shitty world.
>>
>>24814350
wow that's pretty good anon. Is that an original song?
>>
>>24813566
thats not true the furry market is blosoming atm
you should invest in some wacom hardware
>>
I am good at singing and fighting.

I know it sounds edgy but I grew up in a shitty area and had to learn to defend myself because I am a friendly skeleton.
>>
>>24813292
I have three things I'm good at: teaching, cycling and singing.
Fortunately for me, I want to become a teacher, so there's that
>>
>>24813632
Sadly this.
>be better with computers than the average person
>not good enough to get into IT
>>
>>24815350
Yeah. If it's not in the covers section of that soundcloud then it's original.
>>
I honestly have no clue.
I used to study tons about programming for years and have absolutely nothing to show for it except for some shitty proof-of-concept programs.
>>
Web development, I'm just a wage kek alcoholic right now and all my projects are on hold

>THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
>>
The only thing ive known myself to be good at is martial arts, but i stopped a while ago, so no talent
>>
File: a7e[1].png (597 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a7e[1].png
597 KB, 1280x720
>>24813292
I'm (was) good at figure skating. That's about it.
>>
I kinda know how to draw shitty talent desu senpai
>>
the only skill i have is empathy. and you cant really get paid for being an idiot that can feel for other people.
>>
I'm talented at making thread after thread without getting a single reply.
>>
>>24815751
That's literally all psychologists and therapists do and they can charge an obscene amount of money. Now go get rich.
>>
advice/helping others with their problems.
pretty much useless for me, in the way that i believe i am a toxic person, so in my advice it usually subtley encourages their disappearance from me. but honestly, i think i'm right in that. i gave them a push, and nothing good could come from lingering any longer around me.
2bad i dont listen to my own advice.
>>
>tfw playing video games my whole life
>mfw chads and people younger than me are better at what I've been doing my whole life

Mediocre at everything else. I'm a fucking loser.
>>
>>24815802
hella school time and money goes into persuing that.
>>
>>24815880
>tfw too much of a loser to fit in with normies
>tfw too much of a normie to embrace the autism of things like Dwarf Fortress

I wish I could just be one or the other. Each end of the spectrum looks so fun.
>>
>>24815401
eh, maybe, just the stuff is really expensive, the tablet and shit
>tfw had beggining drawing guide image but lost it
>>
>>24815895
nigger just start an unlicensed practice and feed on people who just need a shoulder to cry on (all of them)
>>
File: 1445895496410.png (644 KB, 673x378) Image search: [Google]
1445895496410.png
644 KB, 673x378
>dad was an amazing singer
>people loved to hear him sing
>tfw can't sing for shit

Thanks for reminding me. I'm really good for nothing.
>>
Piano.
>>
Been trying to get not so shit at fl studio. Don't think I'm getting anywhere tbqhwu super famicom
>>
>>24813292
My best skill is that I have perfect pitch, applied to 13 years of classical piano. Playing concert, church organ, and teaching can be pretty lucrative, like my teacher made 80k a year or so. The only other skill I have is that I'm pretty okay with logic so I'm in a computer science program. It's not as natural as music and I'm painfully lazy so that's more of a struggle.

What I'm really trying to say is that i think I'm gonna have to retake Computer Science 1 next semester.
>>
nothing. im useless garbage.
>>
PLAYING A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!!

And yes, one can make living wages through grinding competitive MTG circuits.
>>
>>24813397
Not attractive
Not born rich
Not talented
Not smart
Not charismatic
End it now.
>>
what do you anons sing?

Bass here, wish i was a tenor
>>
>>24817000
Bass to tenor. Naturally a bass, but i worked at it all my life.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.