[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
poor people wearing high vis in Britbongistan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: chv_4-in-1_1009.jpg (65 KB, 469x650) Image search: [Google]
chv_4-in-1_1009.jpg
65 KB, 469x650
Has anybody in the UK noticed people at the lower end of the socioeconomic latter seemingly wearing high vis jackets a lot recently for no reason? I'm talking homeless people, gypsies, crusties, even some hippies (the more working class kind) and chavs and the like just randomly deciding it would be a good idea to wear them.

Any explanation for this?
>>
>>24812549
Have a relative that became a paramedic briefly just so they could have the coat. Live in the States. Fashion is weird.
>>
>>24812549
Perhaps it's an army surplus type thing
>>
>>24812549
It's cheap and warm.

I can't say I've noticed many people wearing them though.
>>
>>24812549
Don't knock it until you try it. They're comfortable as fuck m8.
>>
>>24812708

Not knocking it I hang around with people from all walks of life and just wondered why it seems exclusively poor people have suddenly ended up wearing them.

>>24812648 it's probably this though
>>
>>24812735
Well, maybe they work construction or warehouse jobs. I work construction and have to wear one.
>>
>>24812549
I'll say this... I was in London about two years ago during the summer and every cop, security guard, street worker, trash collector, etc... were all wearing high viz vests.

If you looked down the street you could easily see 5-6 people wearing them. If I was a criminal and saw that many high viz vests, I think I'd get another profession.
>>
>>24812549
Employers make a lot of their staff wear them due to vicarious liability claims in negligence and shit. Not sure about homeless people wearing them, maybe it's so they get mistaken for staff?

Rich people already have their own uniform, it's the suit.
>>
>>24812549
thats also in my country like that
>>
>>24813179
also might be to reduce their chances of being hit by a car/truck/bus while begging in the street.
>>
>>24812549
They're rhe most commonly donated form of winter wear. Companies donate old ones all the time. They're quite expensive on their own because they're nomex / fire retardant.
>>
I think it's part of health and safety for a lot of people on building sites to wear them, as well as people working in timber yards and utility workers (telephone lines, drainage etc) so on. But yes most girls see it as a huge red flag and instantly dismiss the guy as a potential mate if he wears one.
>>
>>24815070
>fire retardant
>>
W>>24812571

I'm calling fucking bullshit on this. A paramedic takes approx two years to get your license and is extremely intense tough training with study of pharmacology, anatomy and physiology, psychology, health and safety, without mentioning the requirement of a C1 heavy goods vehicle license. Fuck you you lying faggot.
>>
You sure that's why they're doing it OP?

Loads of people in my area have to wear high visibility jackets at work, so they wear it while working to and from work, including lunch breaks: workmen, bus drivers, forklift drivers, abattoir workers, BT engineers, lollipop ladies.

There's probably more but those are the ones I've been able to work out from where I've seen them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.