[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>girl says she loves reading books >ask her what her favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11
File: 1336348475362.jpg (93 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1336348475362.jpg
93 KB, 400x399
>girl says she loves reading books
>ask her what her favorite book is
>Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Twilight, or a John Green novel
>>
>>24812442
Technically, they are books. They're pages of words bound together, so it's not like the girl is lying.
>>
>>24812442
what's the problem? last time i checked those were indeed books.
>>
>>24812466
>>24812467

They're shit books that only a child should have as their favorite.
>>
>>24812490
Maybe she loves to read children's books? She never specified what kind of books.
>>
I take it you like to read, OP?

You're hurt because this girl was supposed to be the one but then it turns out your shared hobby is not really shared, she likes books which are entry level, it was like she lied to you, it was like she diminished your love of books and the hobby of reading alltogether.
>>
>>24812524
I get that you're just playing devil's advocate here, but you understand OP's point don't you?
If I was reading books like that past about 13 years old I'd never let anyone know, whereas a 19 year old tumblrina sees it as something to be proud of
>>
>>24812490
Harry potter is a banger 2bh fa.m
>>
Looking for Alaska is the only book by John Greene that's worth a damn TBQH senpai. And harry potter only gets a pass because i remember reading those back in elementary.
>>
I like the Anne Rice vampire series, what would a guy think if I told him that?
>>
You being on /r9k/ proves you're just some angry manchild so why judge someone for liking children's books? Fuck off please
>>
File: 1369727604489.jpg (3 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
1369727604489.jpg
3 KB, 242x251
>>24812442
>"OMG I'M SUCH A NERD XD"
>what do you do
>"I LIKE, LIKE STAR WARS AND COMICS AND ZELDA XD"

What do they get by appropriating our culture? Why do they do it?
>>
>>24812718
i am a guy it i remember them as great. last time i read one i was 15. is this a answer to your question ?
>>
>>24813105
the same reason they come to places like this familia
>>
ITT: OP is BTFO
>>
File: 1432971054643.jpg (411 KB, 1280x1256) Image search: [Google]
1432971054643.jpg
411 KB, 1280x1256
>Tfw nobody reads anymore sci-fi books
>Tfw they're one of the few things that makes me feel alive
>>
>>24812442
Those are books, retard. Books people can like and read. Fuck off with your shit taste, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>24812466
Magazines are books now
>>
>>24813156
Sci-fi is shit for shit people like you
your mother wanted an abortion and instead she got you, you ruined her life, you deserved every beating you got you pile of human waste
>>
>>24813105
>I LOVE ZELDA

Said every "gamer gurrrrrrl xDDDD" ever

You can effectively disregard every single opinion about gaming once you hear those words
>>
People like OP should be rounded up and have their heads chopped off. Annoying piece of shit looking down on others when you're the one with shit taste.
>>
>>24813229
>HP, Twilight, Hunger Games and John Green aren't examples of shit taste

Fuck off roastie whore
>>
>>24813201

Seriously what the fuck is up with every "gamer" not just girls and Zelda? It's not even Nintendo's best series, just the one that's easiest to pump out games for because the fans will eat up anything.

Meanwhile we haven't had a decent Metroid game since Metroid Prime 3...
>>
People like OP deserve to get beaten to death. No wonder normal people bully you, you're disgusting with your shit retarded opinions. Yes those are books, retard, and it's her right to like them, do you want to force your shit taste on others? Then I can force a bullet in your head. Learn to live and let live, dumbass autist, if you want people to let YOU live too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXV-yaFmQNk

just wait until the next generation grows up, guys
>>
>>24813281
Kill yourself, your opinions are worthless :^)
>>
>>24813284
It's not as mainstream as Mario and Sonic so they think it gives them more legitimacy
>>
>>24813308
>>24813201
Top notch bait, cant believe someone fell for it
>>
>>24812622
The girl did nothing wrong, she's her own person with her own right to her personal likes and dislikes. If he had to shitpost it's entirely his fault for projecting his retarded fantasies on her and not seeing as another person he knew nothing of. He should kill himself.
>>
>>24813115
So what? They aren't meant for that age group but it's cool that you read them. I read 1984 and Animal Farm when I was 14 and people constantly mention them as their favorites.
>>
>>24813319
Nobody except you retards care about "legitimacy", people who are not retards care if a game is fun or not.
>>
>>24812442
>concerning yourself with other's tastes
>>
>>24812466
>>24812467
>>24812524
>>24812622

When someone says that they're favorite book is a YA novel that they read when they were 14 then it shows that they've hardly read any books in their lives. So when they've hardly read any books, they're being dishonest when they say that they "love reading".
>>
>>24813380
And women are retards

Well done. You finally understood the point. Took you long enough
>>
>>24813380
>people who are not retards care if a game is fun or not.

Then why do they play Zelda?
>>
>>24813398
Why? I love reading the books I like. I'm very picky when it comes to the books I like. Also YA novels are meant for adults and read by adults, if you read them at 14 you're just a retard who's reading stuff he can't even comprehend, just like the retards on this board. That's why I re-read my favorites over and over as I grow older, unlike you retards.
>>
>be broad
>don't list my hobbies because having a hobby would flood me with the poor, abused men who would settle for a 2/10 just because she can talk about cartoons or "geek girls" looking to expand their social sphere
>everybody leaves me alone as a result
>get to engage in hobbies instead of talk to disgusting people
It's your fault for wanting human connection, OP.
Don't be a faggot.

Also, be glad she listed nothing you like.
Her opinions on it would be abhorrent.
Hearing someone spew garbage about the thing you like is infinitely worse than hearing someone say something irrelevant about irrelevant media.
>>
>>24813420
Don't project your idiocies on women, the only ones who care about legitimacy here are the losers on this board.

>>24813422
Because it's fun.
>>
Why don't robot just kill themselves? The world would be a better place if you all just died or at least shut up. You all deserve a lobotomy. You're robots, robots work, robots don't bitch.
>>
File: 1433300173041.jpg (16 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1433300173041.jpg
16 KB, 292x257
>>24813460
>Also YA novels are meant for adults and read by adults
>>
>>24813398
I was under the impression that they mean they read them as adults.
>>24813460
You call us retards, but you say that you were unable to comprehend YA novels as a teenager? I think you might be able to qualify as literally retarded.
>>
File: 1449373225613.jpg (11 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
1449373225613.jpg
11 KB, 235x235
>"I'm majoring in X Studies/something worthless"
>"I attend an art school not on a scholarship"
>uses social media for longer than 5 minutes a day
>"I'm a creative person"
>"I like (extremely commonly liked thing that most people like and don't feel the need to even mention because they're not attention whores)!"
>"I like food"
my fucking actual face when

Fuck these stupid whores. If some dumb bitch was on a date with me and said "I like food." I'd call 911 because this fucking cunt better be having an aneurysm to say something so stupid to me. Do you like breathing or drinking water too you stupid fucking faggots?
>>
>>24813524
That's their age group. Just because you read them when you were too stupid to understand them doesn't change facts, retard. You're so annoying you can't even understand that you deserve to get beaten to death.
>>
>>24813105
They want nerdchad attention ofc
>>
>>24813542
You were unable to comprehend YA novels as a teenager, retard. That's why you don't understand a good book is always re-read at one's various stages in life.
>>
>>24813571

YA is meant for ages 14-21. If a teenager can't comprehend a YA novel then either that teenager is a retard or they're not reading a YA novel.
>>
>>24813552
you should probably consider online dating instead, it will help you filter out those girls you find unsavory.
>>
>>24813552
Shut up autist, nobody wants to date you when you have nothing interesting to say.
>>
File: 1449480177840.jpg (47 KB, 536x536) Image search: [Google]
1449480177840.jpg
47 KB, 536x536
>>24813598
there are people who believe this
>>
This one kills me:

>I'm such a foodie!!
>let me just go to an exotic, expensive restaurant and take selfies of my makeup caked face next to a plate of food, then upload the pictures to my instagraaaaaam!

I hope femanons here don't do this shit
>>
>>24813621
found one of the grills that says this stuff
>>
>>24813602
Not necessarily A lot of masterpieces for all adult ages get called YA novels because they're made to be read in school but they're actually for adults.

For example If This Is a Man (for the americans: : Survival in Auschwitz) would technically be a YA novel since teenagers are made to read it in school, but it's well-appreciated by adults as well.
>>
>>24812490
>My opinion on books makes them stupid
Do you think "adult" fiction novel's are remotely interesting? This is why I real non fiction. I like facts not people's psychobabble. You also have a shit taste in books. Encyclopedias are superior to all.
>>
File: julie.jpg (38 KB, 566x456) Image search: [Google]
julie.jpg
38 KB, 566x456
>>24812442
Girls only have interests to fit in, you're gonna have to aim for older girls if you expect them to have read all the classics.

At least that girl tried somewhat, usually it goes
>Girl says she just loves reading books
>Ask her what her favorite book is
>She says she can't pick one
>Ask her what books she's reading right now
>She says she's not reading anything atm
>Ask her what the last book she read was
>She says she can't remember
>>
>>24812442
>Harry Potter
This series was great, I have no clue why reading this would subtract your opinion of anyone.

>Hunger Games
A very interesting dystopia series about sociaital classes with a focus on characters and mental disease later on. I will admit that this isn't the best written piece of literature, however the charaters and the over arching plot make it definitely worth a read.

>Twilight
Once again not very well written, but it still is an interesting concept. I haven't read the series yet so I can't really pass a judgment.

>John Green
While his political ideology suck, he is a pretty good writer. The fault in our stars was a very well written book, that was pretty captivating. Greens writing can be sluggish, if not boring at times, however the good parts of his novels make up for it.

Are they all babys first book tier? Yes, except for the latter HP books. Does that make them bad by default? Absolutely not. If the book is intriguing, fun, and has that 'can't put down' factor than is fine by my standards. Not everything has to be a though provoking, 2 deep 4 u, type of literature.
>>
>>24813598
>You were unable to comprehend YA novels as a teenager
Maybe you were, but your experiences don't relate to everyone's. Hell, I'm pretty sure you're in the minority if as a young adult, you were unable to comprehend books aimed at young adults.
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>24813199
Lmao what's your problem autist?
>>
>>24813486
>I don't know what projection is

Retarded roastie alert!
>>
>>24813734
I'm sure you comprehended 1984, Animal Farm and their dystopian and political themes so well when you were 14. That's why you're shitposting your life here on this board.
>>
>>24813734
In America newpapers are written at a fourth grade reading level and you expect young adults to be literate.
>>
>>24813685
>I'm such a foodie
>only eats at chain "restaurants"
>>
File: 1449447629157.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449447629157.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>reading books
No wonder you nigs are permavirgins, only old women read books. Nothing makes a pussy dry up faster than someone who unironically enjoys that.
>>
>>24813718

Survival in Auschwitz isn't a YA novel you fucking retard. Just because teenagers are made to read it in high school doesn't make it a YA novel. A YA novel is a piece of fiction targeted specifically towards people aged 14-21. Which is why the protagonists are mostly angsty teenagers tasked with saving the world from something.
>>
>>24813766
1984 and Animal Farm were literally required reading for that age group...

Jesus fucking Christ. No wonder people are so retarded when they think those novels are even remotely difficult to comprehend.

They're babbies first novels for a reason
>>
>>24813685

At least they're actually going to real restaurants and not fucking Chili's or PF Changs.
>>
>>24813828
Survival in Auschwitz is targeted 14-21 where I live. It's a YA novel all right.
>>
>>24813851
People like you are why America is a shithole.
>>
>>24813861

You're saying that Primo Levi wrote about his experiences in Auschwitz specifically so that people ages 14 to 21 can read about it?
>>
>>24812442
>reading
bet you think your a smart guy too OP lol do a physical activity like a normal person.
>>
>>24813552
>>"I'm majoring in X Studies/something worthless"
Wait are people actually this much of faggots to think like this? College is supposed to be a place for scholars and collection and sharing of knowledge. Why should you force someone's life to be based around what makes the most money or what is the current trend.
If someone actually would judge me for doing what I truly want to do and find interest in they can sick a dick. There's no such thing as "useless knowledge" you're an idiot If you think people should ever not learn information based upon how relevant you thought it was.
>>
>>24813901
Yes, because he wanted the future generations to know the horrors of anti-semitism and not to repeat them.
>>
>>24813156
>Been bingeing on Orson Scott Card for a long time,
>mentioned influences like Asimov and Arthur Clarke,
>now i read them too.
>Any other god-tier sci-fi stuff, fags?
>>
>>24813928

I recently finished reading the Fear Saga. That was pretty fun.
>>
>>24813915
This board is populated by faux-smug STEMlords who compensate for their failed social lives with the reassurance that "at least THEIR field makes money, r-right?".
>>
>>24813354
>putting vaginas on a pedestal
No, you should kill yourself. You are literally the problem. People like you are the reason women get away with being uninteresting cunts, telling them everything they do is great and preventing them from actually acheiving any growth or character.
>>
>>24814024
Where is he pedestalizing her?
>>
>>24814024
You mean preventing people from being abused from pieces of shit wanting to impose their shit retarded opinions on others like you.

>preventing them from actually acheiving any growth or character

The only one that's lacking growth and character here is you, being so narrow-minded not to understand taste is subjective and shouldn't be disputed.
>>
>>24814053
Where is he treating her like a person and not like some inanimate doll that should just do and say as he expects her to, duh
>>
De gustibus non est disputandum is a Latin maxim meaning "In matters of taste, there can be no disputes" (literally "about tastes, it should not be disputed/discussed").[1][2] The implication is that everyone's personal preferences are merely subjective opinions that cannot be right or wrong, so they should never be argued about as if they were.

>tfw this board idolizes the romans
>tfw the romans would have laughed at robots and bullied them for being retards
>>
File: pepe_0.jpg (38 KB, 1223x1240) Image search: [Google]
pepe_0.jpg
38 KB, 1223x1240
>tfw only like YA novels because you don't enjoy overly dense and dry writing and ESPECIALLY hate abstract artsy stuff like Finnegans Wake
>tfw respect those books for what they are but just don't find reading them enjoyable
>tfw can never tell anyone you enjoy reading because they always ask what you like and everything you like is shit
>>
>>24813928

Philip k dick nigga
>>
>>24814141
>Where is he treating her like a person and not like some inanimate doll that should just do and say as he expects her to, duh

What? All that guy pointed out was that OP is butthurt for having his unfounded expectations disappointed, and he really didn't have much of an idea of what she was into.

Again, where is he pedestalizing her?
>>
>>24814225
If you don't shit on women and treat them like disposable garbage you are pedestalizing them.
>>
>>24812442

That doesn't just happen with woman it happens everywhere even on here. I ask them what they like reading and almost every time it's a high school reading list: 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Catch 22, A Brave New World, Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird etc
>>
>>24814257
That's some troll logic breh.

The absence of demonization isn't pedestalization.
>>
>complain that girls aren't smart enough
>complain that they don't like your hobbies enough
>complain that girls don't work
>complain that they don't dress modest enough
>yadda yadda yadda

You'd be too intimidated by an actual smart girl. You don't think girls that watch anime/ play games (without streaming) are pretty enough. You feel too emasculated by a girl that makes money. And girls that dress modestly are too plain/average looking for you. Just fuck off, men don't know what they want.
>>
>>24814266
There's nothing really wrong with those books, it just shows a lack of independent effort to read.

Add some genre fiction, and you have the 4chan/reddit male's reading list.

Unless you're talking about /lit/, but that's a bit of an outlier.
>>
>>24814266
Fucking /lit/ I swear....
>>
>>24814266
>High school reading list
Maybe when you were in school anon, but take it from someone just out of high school. Girls that age are the most vapid whores I have ever met and I doubt anyone I know has read any of those books apart from this one autistic girl I knew with like 300 books under her belt
>>
>>24814495

I only graduated 4 years ago. What the hell did you guys read in English?
>>
>>24814559
Shadow, by Michael Morpurgo. It's below entry tier about some army dog that gets lost in Afghanistan and taken in by a Muslim or something. That was literally it. They never made us read another book in class apart from typical textbook extract/questions on extract
>>
File: 1441007918842.jpg (45 KB, 572x549) Image search: [Google]
1441007918842.jpg
45 KB, 572x549
>all the people defending succubi in this thread
Disgusting
>>
>>24814639

Did you go to a school for retards? Even in the non-AP classes they read Shakespeare and To Kill a Mockingbird.
>>
>>24814682
attacking OP=/=defending succubi

Just because we're against you, doesn't mean we're with them.
>>
>>24814808
Pretty sure it was just lazy teachers that didn't give a shit.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.