[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here /nocturnal/ for no reason whatsoever? >Sleeping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: kittycat.gif (2 MB, 430x338) Image search: [Google]
kittycat.gif
2 MB, 430x338
Who else here /nocturnal/ for no reason whatsoever?

>Sleeping pattern gets shifted further and further later.
>Don't bother fixing it because I'm neet with nothing important to do.
>Ive now hit the point where i sleep during normie hours and stay up during the night.

The only downside is 4chan gets dead early morning. I kinda like it desu.
>>
Same cept I have two nocturnal jobs
>>
File: comfypepe.png (610 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
comfypepe.png
610 KB, 900x900
>Get grocery shopping done as soon as the stores open a bit before i go to bed.
>Browse at night drinking hot chocolate eating whatever food I've bought for the week.
>Look out your window to see the nice street lights and comfy scenery.
>Soon it will be snowstorms and i will reach ultimate comfyness.
>>
>>24810467
That sucks. Retail stocking I'm guessing?
>>
im in the same boat

is this normal? to have like a 25 hour pattern?

i mean i do it subconsciously. i havent really tryed to stop it so idk if its me or if i fucked my head up with psychedelics.
>>
>>24810603
>is this normal? to have like a 25 hour pattern?
i don't think so unless your job demands it.

I do it subconsciously too, idk it just works better for me i guess.
>>
>>24810651
i dont see how a neet doesnt follow a weird schedule desu its better
>>
I fixed my sleeping pattern recently and have been feeling much brighter because of it
>>
>>24810513
That and nighttime security at a nursing home, specifically a small CBRF if you care. They let me eat food there and its a nice deal cause I can't afford my own cause of debt.
>>
>>24810819
Ive been doing this for so long that i can't really fix it unless i get sleeping pills (which my doctor already said he'd give me). I herd it fucks up your ability to sleep without them.

>>24810802
way better. My roommates both have the complete opposite sleeping pattern so its like i get the whole place to myself kinda.
>>
>>24810414
I was nocturnal for a while, even while doing normie shit like going to class durring the day. I didn't even really have a schedule I just went to sleep when I was tired and had nothing to do.

But my god, the crushing depression when you wake up around 7 - 10 pm, it's dark and no one is around, you realize you've just wasted a day sleeping. My heart sinks every time, I can't handle that feel bros
>>
>>24810860
Is it as easy as some people make it seem? Any good stories?
>>
>>24810874
I used to get that but after a while it went away. I don't have any friends or anything anyways so realistically it doesn't make a difference to me, its just comfier.
>>
>>24810903
not even online friends? I don't have any irl friends but still it's so lonely having everyone going to sleep and just being alone all night and probably throughout the day too cause they do normie shit
>>
>>24810884
You have to have the basic skills to read and make a recipe and also have it feed all the people there for the day. After I prep all the food on the menu I toilet a 90+ person twice during the night and I strip the bed and remake it for the one person that pisses it every night. If you can do that shit the rest of the free time I spend playing 3ds and watching adult swim and going on 4chan. You just kinda have to get to know the people that live there to know how to handle every situation. Easy shit desu senpai.
>>
>>24810934
Nope, just talking to people on 4chan desu. I kinda used to but my anxiety got bad and i didn't want to drink just to try and fit in (it just made me really depressed). So basically now I'm away at 'school' (parents think that), no friends (i only had 2 to begin with) because we stopped talking so i just stay up during the night.

Its not that bad but i am lonely as fuck desu.
>>
>>24810903
same, i live my life on my computer so playing dota all night and sleep during day doesnt really bother me.

>>24810934
games and programming keeps me going. tho im losing interest in both pretty fast lately..
>>
>>24810866
I stayed up for about 27 hours straight and then after that I set my alarm for a reasonable time and forced myself up.

After a couple of days you will get used to it and I've found falling asleep is far easier as well.
>>
>>24811027
you will get tired of fixing ur pattern and give in to weird neet sleep pattern if you are weak like us.
>>
File: abstractfeels.jpg (56 KB, 636x640) Image search: [Google]
abstractfeels.jpg
56 KB, 636x640
>>24811027
I tried that, but it so normal for me now that the day after that i 'readjust' to my normal fucked sleeping pattern.

>The only people I've verbally talked to in the last 2 months are my parents over the phone and telling my order to fast food workers.
>>
>>24811057
Because I'm NEET and don't have friends to go out with there's no reason to stay up late.

I am awake for more hours than before and I get to enjoy the sunshine through my window. There's also few shops near me open late so it's more convenient for buying food.
>>
>>24810977
u got a steam?
>>
>>24811239
Nope. Just play WoW. Ive never even looked into steam, but i might soon.
>>
I push 24 awake, and 6 to 8 sleeping. Sucks cause cpu needs thermal gel or else it'll keep over heating, so no late night F4, or Bf4
>>
>>24811257
>wow
what year is it?!.png
>>
>>24811269
>f4
fuck off
>>
>>24811306
I know, i was playing private servers, but i decided to play retail for a bit and try legion when it comes out.
>>
>>24811322
Well its the newest to the collection. And ive already played arma 3 exile to fucking much, so fallout
>>
>>24811345
horrible taste in games, all of you.
>>
>>24811353
Can you recommend something?
>>
>>24811353
Taste is subjective, but id rather me playing fallout, battlefield, arma, and dark souls than when all i would play was CoD and WoW. Those were dark times
>>
>>24811374
dota 2 csgo

video game taste is objective. dota 2 csgo > your shit
>>
>>24811836
Ok, this coming from the guy playing memes the game and memes the revenge
>>
Yeah I was nocturnal for some time. Got really depressed on one birthday I spent with myself and dropped out of school for months. I am an eurofag and I spent most of my time playing online with americans, basically living their time. Time difference was 7-9 hours, so I went to bed when the sun got up, or even at noon. Did groceries just before closing time or right when they opened up, maybe once a week. Never left my house for other reasons.

Got out of the loop when I decided to go see a doc, got me some meds and went back to school.
>>
>>24813208
what are they for? the meds
>>
File: 1427518105237.gif (848 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1427518105237.gif
848 KB, 665x662
WHY CAN'T STORES BE OPEN 24/7

It sucks waking up at like 3am with no food and having to wait 5 hours just for the wageslaves to get off their asses and get to work. Automation can't replace those lazy faggots fast enough.
>>
>>24813318
Just some general anxiety meds, forgot the exact name of the drug. I dunno if they helped, just made everything gray instead of black. But I guess that's what they are supposed to do, I felt indifferent abuot everything but could at least function somehow.
>>
File: 1126.gif (45 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1126.gif
45 KB, 389x259
>>24813342
fucking this

RANDOM teXT ASDFA fuck THIS BOARD
>>
File: pwLentX.jpg (108 KB, 983x983) Image search: [Google]
pwLentX.jpg
108 KB, 983x983
>>24813448
i just downed 5 saint johns wort pills for the fuck of it to see if id get a psychedelic effect, none so far but then again it has a halflife of 24 hours so we will find out later :^)

fuck prescription meds. man up and take some acid.
>>
>>24813641
Getting a bit offtopic there man. Psychedelics ain't my thing anyhow, tried em. But I wish you a good trip.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.