[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw my colleagues and acquaintances, even my parents, think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png (7 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png
7 KB, 645x773
>tfw my colleagues and acquaintances, even my parents, think I'm faking depression for attention
>>
Well you could commit suicide to show them you really mean it, that should convince them.
>>
Why do they think that? Have you behaved in a melodramatic way in the past?
>>
>muh depression

I don't believe you either.
>>
>>24809386
No, I just lay around my room all day and refuse offers to hang out, that's literally all I do.
>>
>>24809309
Depression is a legitimate chemical imbalance in the brain. With that preface, when I was depressed I spent a lot of time wallowing in self-pity and enjoying the thought that no one could hurt as much as I could. It was a type of sick ego-boosting because I needed to convince myself I was important. I talked with some adults who had gone through similar things and are now productive, happy people. They explained that I have a choice in how I think, and whenever I have a thought of self-pity to reject it vehemently. I have done this and it has worked for me. Depression is slowly going away. Working out more. Got a gf a few months back that I've loved/ has loved me for years. Life is getting better with the more distance I put between me and the self-pity.

There is some truth to what these people are accusing you of. You may not want attention from them, but I'm betting there is a sick pleasure you get from being depressed. If you stop embracing it and reject it steadfastly, I believe you too can find happiness again.
>>
>>24809404

Sounds like me. Maybe mine are thinking the same. H.
>>
>>24809453
>I was a teensy bit sad for a week but then I stopped
>I clearly had real depression
>>
>>24809309
Becouse you do you fucking normie scum.
>>
File: bowie.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
bowie.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>24809309
maybe you should stop faking depression for attention then.
>>24809453
so what you're saying is that you're a normie then?
>>
>>24809554
I drank 10-15 shots of whiskey (weighed 130-145lbs) from the moment I woke up til I passed out at night every single fucking day for 4 years. Did drugs every single day, any kind and as often as I could. Too much of a pussy to really kill myself so I stopped pretending like I was going to slowly with drugs/alcohol and got my shit together.

I try to quantify and qualify my depression so that my words may still help others., I legitimately wanted to die every day for years and now I don't. Take it or leave it.
>>
>>24809573
No. I belong here. I have figured out a way to get the things I thought only normies could get while still being autism.
>>
Is this a feels thread?

>Exchange look with grill on the street
>She looks at the ground

Makes me feel like shit. Doesn't help we cross paths every morning. Maybe I should start leaving later, or earlier.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.