[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had a tutor? i.e. a private teacher that visits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Have you ever had a tutor?

i.e. a private teacher that visits your house and gives one-on-one lessons.

What was it like?

Just curious about your memories.
>>
Yes.
She was a friend of my mom's.
She was like 40, but kept wearing stockings and skirts and would cross her legs when sitting next to me. She kept nibbling the table with her feet and I have a foot fetish.

She was all business though.
>>
I use to have nice ass math teacher who is gave private lessons
>>
I have never had a tutor, but I have been a tutor.
>>
>>24807197
Yeah, he smelt like booze and had green plaque inbetween every one of his teeth and made me cry
>>
>>24808639
What were your customers like?
>>
>tfw you get off to Scene 1 of Arcadia
>>
>>24810191
Most of the (math) tutoring I did was at the university when I was a grad student. There was a tutoring center that I worked in for a while where students could come in and schedule appointments; I also tutored a couple of people privately in my office. But then I also tutored a few people in my house / their house.

I mainly tutored college students, but there was a high schooler who I tutored for about a year. I went to her house to do it; she was in ninth grade.

She was OK. She was pretty good at math; her parents just wanted her to get As instead of Bs. Her main problem was that she wasn't very motivated. During a tutoring session, she would do the work I gave her, but between sessions she wouldn't try very hard on the extra problems I assigned her, especially the challenging ones. Still, it worked out alright and her parents were happy with her progress under my tutelage.

Our interactions were pretty businesslike so I can't say much about her personality. My teaching style is pretty professional; I don't crack jokes or whatever. I guess I would describe her as somewhat reserved.
>>
She was old Asian lady, she taught me math.

She used to beat me.
>>
File: 1448922393136.jpg (170 KB, 1151x2048) Image search: [Google]
1448922393136.jpg
170 KB, 1151x2048
>tfw no qt 3.14 tutor who gives you foot jobs while studying
>>
>>24810463
Continuing this.

Another person I tutored privately was a college student who my mom hooked me up with via her dentist (she was the receptionist's daughter). She was doing some basic calculus and really floundering with it; I had a hard time getting her to understand the concepts. She was really distraught about her math issues; at one point she broke down crying during a lesson because she was upset about how much trouble she was having and what it would mean for her grade in the class. That was by far the most emotional I've seen a student during tutoring.

One time when I was working in the tutoring center during a slow summer, a guy came in and tried to proposition me to help him cheat on his final exam. He was super nervous about it, but at the same time pretty insistent that I help him. I told him I wasn't into it.
>>
>>24807197
She was fat and kind. I didn't need her help, though.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.