[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disappointing Video Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16
File: PROTOTYPE.png (145 KB, 290x358) Image search: [Google]
PROTOTYPE.png
145 KB, 290x358
pic very related, this game was the biggest let down
>be like 14
>hear about it like 2 years before its supposed to come out
>get stoked
>read every gamepro and gameinformer article about it each month
>trailer comes out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN5ZsnFV2KU [Embed]
>holyshit.jpg
>getting more and more excited
>game gets delayed by like a year
>so bummed out, I think I had reserved it and everything
>masterbating one night
>thoughts drift off to Prototype
>he can transform his body into weapons AND absorb people and take their form!
>He can read minds and you can upgrade all of his abilities as the game goes on!
>forget I'm still jacking off
>mfw I came thinking about Alex Mercer..
Then after getting delayed again, the game finally comes out like 2 years later
>graphics are out dated as shit
>super repetitive game play
>the powers are fun but there's literally no challenge, you can easily kill anyone
>shit story
>the flashback memories were always stupid
>finished game and didn't play it again ever
>didn't even bother getting the 2nd one
>heard it sucked
that game was just as upsetting as Destroy All Humans: Path of The Furon
>>
File: BRINK_(game_box_art).jpg (39 KB, 250x315) Image search: [Google]
BRINK_(game_box_art).jpg
39 KB, 250x315
Prototype doesn't come close to pic related.
>tfw paid $60 for this shit
>>
Brink was probably the most disappointing thing I ever played.
I beat the game on both sides and got every weapon mod in like an hour after getting it.
That or Duke Nukem Forever
>>
>>24806775
I saw duke at a game stop for 3 bucks, worth it or overpriced?
>>
>>24806798
No. It's not worth your time. I stopped playing it in 4 hours.I bought the fucking Balls of Steel edition. Used the bust to kill a spider.
I think it's funny how it dropped to like $5 in a few months.
>>
>>24806798
Overpriced, like the other guy said the only way it would be worth playing is if gearbox paid you. It's not even bad in an entertaining way, it's padded out with stationary turret sections and the parts that aren't turrets are like an onion of every fps motif of the past decade.
>>
>>24806751
I almost recommended that you go to /v/ instead then I realized this was a thread about video games
>>
>>24806883
i see what you did there.. also idc what those guys think, i wanted to hear from my fellow brobots
>>
File: hmcc.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hmcc.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1080
I bought an XB1 for a broken game.
>>
>>24806930
I never got the appeal of Halo to people over the age of 14.
>>
File: 1447362013750.png (33 KB, 616x725) Image search: [Google]
1447362013750.png
33 KB, 616x725
>>24806947
It's fun. I dunno.
>>
I was so fucking excited for this fucking game
Pro Skater 2 is my favourite game of all time

Even though it got almost no hype I followed everything about it extensively. I lied to myself and said it would be great. It would be perfect. I EVEN bought a fucking skateboard and started skating around the neighbourhood. I literally took my skateboard to the local skatepark and spent 10 hours trying to do an Ollie. Fucked up my legs bad and got laughed at by everyone who came past. I needed this shit to be the game I LOVED in my childhood.

And they released it.
And I played for 40 minutes and realise how bad it was.
I didn't even blame the game, at first I was in denial and blamed my skateboard which I smashed against my bedroom door at 4am waking everyone up. Mum came down to a broken skateboard and me in my pants with bloodshot eyes.

Fuck this piece of shit.
>>
>>24807002
I'm sorry anon

bloxxio
>>
>>24806751
Bioshock infinite for me. I wanted bioshock 3 not pander ops
>>
>>24807002
Wow reading this gave me strange feels
>>
>>24806751
I liked it. I heard the plot is a knockoff of some old comic book, I forgot who/what, but I don't care because reading is for faggots. I thought the flashback scenes were fucking awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed the plot. I don't mind the graphics; they were OK for its time. Of course the enemies were easy to fight for the majority of the game because that's the point - to emphasize Mercer's power. I've played through it like three times. I wish there were more mods - specifically graphical mods to bring it up to date. I didn't play the second one but I watched a playthrough and was disappointed in it - have no intention of buying it. It's pretty gay that Mercer became the antagonist and the explanation for why he's suddenly a bad guy is because of some shitty comic or whatever bridging the two games. Also the flashback scenes in the sequel were half-assed.
>>
>>24806947
The Halo lore is pretty great and there a bunch of decent books about Halo as well, which made the games 1000x more enjoyable for me after reading the books. It is fun to see the parallels of how you see it in game/how you visualized it in the books.
>>
>>24807048
Oh, and:
>F.E.A.R. 3: It's meh. Boring, less detailed environments than 2, and could've at least had a friendly AI in place for singleplayer.
>GunZ: The Second Duel: IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME GAME AND THE CHARACTERS LOOK FAGGY AS FUCK
>GRID 2: No cockpit cam, small car list, muh DLC, I forgot what else - didn't buy it, never will
>Need For Speed World: No manual transmission, no cockpit camera, no drifting... so much wasted potential
>Need For Speed 2015: Shitty car list, shitty AI, shitty UI, no manual transmission, no cockpit cam, always-online bullshit, very limited car customization for most cars, retarded time/weather cycling - wasted potential, again
>Gran Turismo 5: Premium vs. Standard quality cars.... 'nuff said.
>Forza 4: Less tracks than Forza 3 - all it introduced was HDR and some new cars that were DLC - expected night settings and new tracks, better AI... basically everything I expected was then added to sequels - Horizon and Forza 5
>Silent Hills: BECAUSE IT GOT CANCELED FUUUUUUUUUUUU
>H1Z1: It's just complete shit right now and needs a ton of work. Almost unplayable for me and very boring. Japanese friend spent $20 because he wanted me to play it with him.
>>
>>24806768

this, brink seemed so good but it was actually one huge pile of steaming shit
>>
Fucking current expansion of WoW is the biggest steaming pile of shit. Fucking ruined a good game.
>Tfw will never play pre-wod Arms warriors again.
>>
>>24806751
You forgot about the shitty dialog
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 1920x1080
/thread
the robot sucks
>>
>>24807048
it was a game with a lot more potential, but like the beach boys' smiley smile album, it was a bunt when it could've been a grand slam
>>
still enjoyed it but fuck i imagined it as something completely else
>>
File: spore-mac-product.jpg (55 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
spore-mac-product.jpg
55 KB, 660x330
>>24807661
forgot pic

lerobotlerobotlebot
>>
>>24807600
oh yeah that was awful too
>>24807630
i didn't enjoy the 3rd one either, but maybe that one was good and i didn't play it enough idk
>>
>>24807676
This is the best game I've ever played, hands down. I literally couldn't find a flaw. I've played it like 10 times.
>>
File: 1789576-360_gow2.jpg (94 KB, 640x898) Image search: [Google]
1789576-360_gow2.jpg
94 KB, 640x898
>be 17
>HUGE Gears 1 fan, have 30k kills on that game, fucking dominant shotgun/sniper fag
>gears 2 comes out
>if you get shot by the machine guns you stop being able to run forward, have to run away like a bitch
>shotgun is made to be garbage
>matchmaking is insufferable trash, terrible lag
>nearly every map is fucking garbage
>hit detection is so bad that whenever I grab the sniper and hit somebody in the head, over half of the time it doesn't even kill them
>weapons to pickup change every other round, making it impossible to design a map around certain playstyles that these weapons lend to them

Thankfully, Gears 3 was a step in the right direction, but nothing will ever come close to the greatness of Gears 1.
>>
>>24807548
:( never played wow, is it that bad
>>
>>24807002
It's because Neversoft is kill. There will never be another good THPS game.
>>
>>24807737
> gears 3 better than gears 2

No ur just shit at 2. 3 is the worst in the series
>>
>>24808357
Gears 2 is guilty of the biggest sin in the last two gens of gaming: trying to capture the call of duty audience. Scared off all the hardcore players, encouraged camping; most of those players didn't come back for Gears 3. I did, but I love the series too much.
>>
>>24806751
>Little bro comes home with game
>Never heard of it looks shitty
>It's basically that incredible hulk game but with mutate man
>had a blast
>>
File: metal-gear-solid-5.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-solid-5.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
Only award it deserved was best soundtrack
>>
>>24809876
Maybe Kojima is rusing you and it all went over your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-2YuPGYabw

Yes it's 35-mins of some fag talking, but his arguments are worth it, I promise.
>>
>>24806751
Im on my phone so cant get a good picture,but dead island was really disappointing
>>
C&C4
DA2

fuck EA
>>
>>24806751
You should pirate and play 2, tbhfam.

You're still a super OP character (obviously), same terrible writing, but the gameplay is improved, the boss fights and unique encounters are hella fun, and the graphics are better.
>>
>>24806751
Everything in the series after the original crysis was absolute rubbish, pure tech demos and nothing more
>>
fallout 4
dragon age 2
>>
File: 4hours4u.gif (494 KB, 450x225) Image search: [Google]
4hours4u.gif
494 KB, 450x225
Amnesia machine for pigs
>4 hours
>4 HOURS
>no custom stories
>trailer lied
>No moveble objects
>"story is more important than gameplay"
>not scary
>boring
>puzzles were easy as shit
>I dont think it even had puzzles
>CHINESE ROOM
>no gameplay
>no nothing
>>
>>24810538
Thoughts on the first?
>>24810450
Add Mass Effect 3.
>>
>>24810625
First one was good.
I think it was alot scaryer.
When monster was chaising and trying to hide in closet in panic was fun.
I have spend about 40 hours in game and custom stories.
>>
>>24810735
and puzzles were kinda hard.
>>
File: 1438715243794.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1438715243794.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
I'm not in the mood for videogames these days. If anything I play a game for a couple hours and drop it. The only games I actually finished this year were Lethal Crisis and Bunny Must Die.
>>
inFAMOUS 1 and 2 were better than protoshit
>>
>>24807343
F.E.A.R 1 is GOAT of all time though
>>
>>24811039
No, Soma is GOAT.
>>
>>24810450
>Fallout 4

Mods will fix it.

Well, Mods Will Fix It: The Game
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 256x360
the first original concept art designs got my hopes so high........
>>
>>24807713
I agree bro

I love spore, I probably have close to 1000 hours in it
>>
>>24807680
Third one was better with friends, got a guy to buy it and play it with me, most fun I've ever had
>>
>>24810538
What's his name again? I seem to have forgotten.
>>
The first Prototype wasn't that bad desu
>>
>advertised as THE reason to get a PS4 that year
>MORE POWERS
>game ends up being short as fuck
>evil options are just being a dick for no reason
>you don't get one of the powers until the final boss

I 100% the game twice in 4 days then sold it back to Gamestop.
>>
>>24812792
Frustrated Philip
>>
everyone kept going on and on about how great the witcher 2 was, so i tried it. i played it for like 15 hours before i just gave up because the combat was shit and i had no interest in the story or the characters.

i really don't understand why it's so highly rated...
>>
File: fallout dialogue.jpg (588 KB, 1920x1780) Image search: [Google]
fallout dialogue.jpg
588 KB, 1920x1780
>>24812907
Fallout 4, bethesda made a fallout game worse than Fallout 3.
>>
>>24812962
The new dialogue system is one of the things I hated most about the new Fallout
>>
>>24806947
Bro gaming. 4 controller online. Atleast for master chief collection, halo 5 is omgwtfbbq
>>
Lost: Via Domus. Dialogue sucked balls and had no impact on story, the "puzzles" weren't even hard by any means, combat was the shittiest combat ever (props to them for making it realistic though), the mocap came off as a little creepy at times, the bartering system was completely broken (I shouldn't be able to trade a few pieces of shit literally lying around next to the person you're trading with for tons of ammo)...the whole game was just a massive pandering cash in piece of shit.
Tomb Raider 2013 was also dissapointing but that was because it's basically COD Boobs Edition: Now with More QTE's! They also shrunk down Lara's tits to the point that they're not really even big anymore to pander to all the SJW tards and feminists and "totz a gamer!" girls. What's worse is they did it again with Rise of the Tomb Raider. The multiplayer was pretty fun for awhile...until cheaters completely broke it and the only way to play it was for you to cheat as well.
>>
Any iteration of wow post burning crusade. Fuck you blizzard, you got me hooked on this shit then made it terrible.
>>
>>24807548
MoP PvP was great. Its fucking dumb how MoP was actually a decent xpac while cata and wod are shittier. The panda one is better than the end of the world and the time travel xpac.
>>
File: Folklore.jpg (58 KB, 350x405) Image search: [Google]
Folklore.jpg
58 KB, 350x405
Folklore for ps3
>looks mystical as Fuck
>graphics good at the time
>all of a sudden story starts getting more boring and stupid with the 2d labrythms and timed shit
>battle system is shit and repetitive
>always have to swing your arms in all different directions or else enemies revive
>game forces you to go through everything AGAIN on KEATS just to beat the game
>say Fuck this shit and turn it off
If there were more games at the time woudnt have bought it
>>
Wait Fallout 4 is bad?
>>
File: mgs3.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgs3.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
Pic related. What a fucking pile of shit. I went on a binge starting with MG and ending on MGS3 and actually got a PS3 for this fucking game. Fuck you Kojima.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.