[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i gain will power and self discipline? are there any small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: impr.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
impr.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
How do i gain will power and self discipline? are there any small things and steps i can do on a daily basis to achieve this ? I'm tired of self indulgence ruining my life
>>
Literally any board could give you better advice than this one.
>>
I doubt this thread is gonna catch on and actually get lots of attention because you didn't frame it in an interesting enough way to get the autists on this board to pay attention.
>>
>>24805825
Also I'm gonna say exercise and ice cold showers. Get an elliptical and only use cold water afterwards when you're cleaning up.

Do this every day for a month and your entire life will get flipped turned upside down and you will suddenly be a version of yourself you never could have imagined.
>>
File: fre.jpg (17 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
fre.jpg
17 KB, 300x168
>>24805918
>your entire life will get flipped turned upside down

the ice cold shower thing actually sounds like something that could work, it's like a small challenge for everyday
>>
>>24805887
oh, well how would you have gone about it senpai?
>>
>>24805986

Exactly, so is the exercise. I've been exercising for the last 3 years and the thing people say about enjoying it is complete bullshit. It feels good because you have to motivate yourself big time to do it and overcoming how much you don't want to do it feels good.

Completely changed my life, seriously.
>>
>>24806050
What kind of exercise do you do? Also do you eat healthily along with the exercise ?
>>
>>24806153

I do 30 minutes on an elliptical machine. I don't know the name of the diet, but it's relatively cheap (20 bucks a week) to get all the vitamins and nutrients you need but like, the medically proven best amount. It's not the best shit but if you choke it down for a couple days and get used to it you'll notice how good you'll feel and not be tempted to stop.
>>
>>24806199

Seriously, exercise and cold shower when you wake up while sticking to the diet for a week and fucking see. JUST DO IT FOR A FUCKING WEEK YOU FAGGOT NIGGER CUNT
>>
>>24806241
ok i will then
>>
>>24806265

You better.
>>
You just have to do it. When you are thinking about postponing it for later into the day just force yourself to get up and do it rather than go through with the thoughts. It can be fairly hard when it isn't routine for you.
>>
File: fed.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
fed.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>24806359
Of course m'lady
>>
What's the point of a cold shower
>>
Best book on the subject is The Willpower Instinct by McGonigal
>>
>>24806444
Wakes you up, better for your skin and hair, forces you to finish quickly.

Cold water is like a challenge, while hot water is like a blanket. Yeah it sounds cringy, but it's true.
>>
>>24805825
Stop jerking off
>>
Everyone who figured it out has left, you know. Only the failures remain.
>>
>>24805825

Another anon already covered cold showers and exercise, and basically anything that causes discomfort will help the same. Discipline is doing what you feel like doing, so practising things you don't want to do is practising discipline.

For more general advice:

Never put something off because you don't feel motivated. Don't try to get motivated. Recognize motivation is a crapshoot, and real discipline is doing things when you aren't motivated.

Willpower is a finite resource. Find ways to reduce the amount it takes. Plan around your weaknesses. Example: I'm a fattie who always ate all the junk food in my house every week. Instead of using willpower to stop myself from eating it all, I just stopped buying the food when I go to the store. It is much easier to make the choice not to buy it once than to resist for a week.
>>
File: jello.jpg (50 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
jello.jpg
50 KB, 610x343
>>24805825
A M P H E T A M I N E S
M M
P P
H H
E E
T T
A A
M M
I I
N N
E E
S S
>>
>self discipline
Fuck that normie meme, if you want to be a lazy fuck be a lazy fuck
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.