[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
some of my coworkers misgender me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13
File: cisnormies.jpg (391 KB, 3000x1685) Image search: [Google]
cisnormies.jpg
391 KB, 3000x1685
is this something worth being upset over? how can i go about correcting them without seeming like a jerk?
>>
You're not a jerk if you correct someone for misgendering you. Remind them as many times as it takes.
>>
>>24804135
lmao deal with it you fucking man child
don't get mad when people can't accept your bullshit snowflake identity. Welcome to reality.
>>
>>24804167
i'm not real good at even talking to people? so idk what to say to them. or how to appraoch the subject
>>
>>24804193
"guis i browse tumblr, i am a spacekin."
>>
What do you mean opee?
>>
We need to fucking execute you people.
>>
Is this what R9K has fucking come to? Go away you hippie piece of shit.
>>
isnt it inspiring to see how our shared values like equality and tolerance make us so much better than other people?
>>
File: f19.jpg (22 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
f19.jpg
22 KB, 277x296
>>24804193
"hi im a literal fucking child and I haven't grown up mentally since grade 6. please take my imagination-land seriously"
>>
>cisnormativity
>wow, so crazy that people treat a feature of 99.7% of the earth's population as normal
>>
>>24804193
"Please refer to me as [your gender]. I don't like being called [not your gender]."
>>
>>24804135
What's your 'gender'?
>>
>>24804290
do you think this would go well? im kinda worried because i live in the south and there's a lot of backward politics and bible thumping :/

>>24804305
girl. woman. female.
>>
File: 1334692400584.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1334692400584.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>24804135
Honestly this is probably bait
>>
>>24804325
just because people don't respect your delusional life doesn't make them backwards.

lmao good luck ever being treated normally.
>>
>'I' isn't capitalized
>Everything that needs to be capitalized isn't
>':/'

Confirmed 11-17 year old
>>
>>24804325
Wtf I would have got it if you just said 'girl' so you're a trans? Or just a homo?
>>
>>24804325
More like traditional and not brainwashed by SJW agenda. Why can't you people fuck off and make your own nation?
>>
>>24804373
Don't forget normalfag.

All this person needs is to add emoticon's in every post.
>>
>>24804357
one girl was talking about how ben carson seemed like a reasonable candidate. if that doesn't convince you of how backward these people are then i think you're probably beyond hope

>>24804381
a trans? i'm transgendered yeah. not a homo.

>>24804386
just stop posting in these threads jesus. r9k is about trans issues as much as it is anything else
>>
>>24804325
I honestly don't know how well it will go in the south. But if you set your boundaries and set your expectations of how people treat you, they will often conform.

You can't always make people believe you or understand genders. But if you put your foot down about people treating you poorly they will hopefully shape up. If they don't, they're assholes who are doing it solely to be confrontational because they're bad people and you can at least know who to avoid.
>>
>>24804357
This

If you want to be a special snowflake that's all you. I don't give a shit, most people won't look at you twice for it. It's when you start to impose your ideologies on other people is when the altercations typically arise
>backwards thinking
You trying to pressure people into referring you to your special gender identification is as backwards as some saying that all fags have to die. On both ends its an example of an individual assuming that his worldview and opinions are more important than someone else's. Just do you, but don't expect others to cator to you so you feel special.

But this is bait anyways so I don't know why i responded.
>>
File: 1442164661666.jpg (15 KB, 192x154) Image search: [Google]
1442164661666.jpg
15 KB, 192x154
>>24804373
Is this guy serious?
>>
>>24804434
But what I mean is like have you gotten a sex change operation?
>>
>'r9k is about trans issues as much as it is anything else'

I'm fucking done lads, I'm gone. What's gonna be my new home board?
>>
File: 1360520811423.jpg (12 KB, 200x219) Image search: [Google]
1360520811423.jpg
12 KB, 200x219
>>24804434
And what, do you believe Hilary and Sanders are sane choices?

Don't attack other people because they don't conform to your special fake gender identification. You're a detriment to the general social atmosphere
>>
maybe grow up and accept the gender that biological science can attest to
>>
>>24804442
What the fuck is this delusion.

>SAY SOMETHING COMPLETELY CONTRARIAN THAT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE OR ELSE YOU'RE BAD

Holy shit the fucking logic that goes into this is impressive
>>
remember to sage :)
>>
>>24804442
so you think i should be assertive and tell people what i want. guess maybe that would work. i'm sort of afraid of upseting people and shit but maybe that's okay.....
>>
>"hi i'm a woman please call me a woman or ELSE YOUR BAD"
>>
>>24804593
Why are you ignoring all of the valid arguments? Did you not come on her for discussions?
>>
>>24804593
It won't. I'm sorry, but you acting confrontational is just going to set you apart as a pariah. Your workforce will make fun of you (as they should) in front of you and behind your back.

Literally social suicide just to support your idiotic delusion.

I recommend you don't.
>>
>>24804484
>>24804434
Could you please answer my question fag?
>>
>>24804616
i didn't come here for "valid arguments". it's not like you're gonna convince me i'm wrong about my own gender or anything.

>>24804625
yeah i don't want to be a pariah. is there really no way to have this end with everyone using my proper gender without everyone hating me?
>>
>>24804661
This was my post. >>24804454
Please point out where I said anything sbout your gender being wrong. Also please point out where I said that you came here for valid arguments. What I asked was why you came onto an image Board primarily used for discussions and only pick and choose to talk to people who suck your dick. I had a question for you as well as some insight from a non biased opinion and you ignored it then popped off with a victim complex.
>>
File: buck.jpg (34 KB, 634x634) Image search: [Google]
buck.jpg
34 KB, 634x634
>>24804661

A man goes to a psychiatrist, he experiences severe schizophrenia, and believes there are three people in his head.

>"I didn't come here for valid arguments. It's not like you're gonna convince me I'm wrong about the three people in my head"

a man asks for advice pertaining to his delusion. He is clearly male in every way shape and form, but the aesthetic appeal of women has convinced him that he is a girl.

>"i didn't come here for "valid arguments". it's not like you're gonna convince me i'm wrong about my own gender or anything."
>>
>>24804661
No. You are enforcing a narrative on them that none of them believe, or would ever have any reason to believe. At the least, they will take it as a personal attack against their beliefs, at the worst... I can't even say how far they'd go.
>>
File: 1445197083732.jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445197083732.jpg
38 KB, 400x400
>>24804434
>r9k is about trans issues as much as it is anything else
>>
File: 446full-shelley-long.jpg (45 KB, 446x633) Image search: [Google]
446full-shelley-long.jpg
45 KB, 446x633
If you dont look like the gender you are you suck at life
>>
File: 1354505545530.jpg (17 KB, 360x261) Image search: [Google]
1354505545530.jpg
17 KB, 360x261
>>24804434
f ucking
>>
>>24804745
ignoring bigots is usually the best way to deal with them, i've found. if you're not going to talk about ways to broach this subject with coworkers then you should maybe make your own separate trans hate thread.
>>
>>24804135
Have dick? = Man
Have pussy? = Woman

All other is a physical (hermaphrodite) or mental disease (liberalism).

You're welcome.
>>
>>24804661
>yeah i don't want to be a pariah.

Honestly, if you look and act like a weirdo, you probably already are a pariah. If you don't, then insisting people call you by the wrong pronouns probably won't tip the scales.

Personally, I'd be more worried about not having done it earlier. Like, if you've already met these people, and they've already referred to you as "he" then correcting them now feels too late.

Also, it is amusing to me that, if you are real, you chose to ask r9k for advice about trans issues. Probably means you like the negative attention - so go for it at work.
>>
>>24804985
There's a huge difference between being hated on r9k, and being hated in real life.

Internet vs. Reality
>>
>>24804985
i get a weird mix of pronouns at work. some call me "she" np. some call me both? i had one person say "he or she" which just felt awkward. and then some call me "he", which i absolutely despise. so i don't think it's too late to bring it up, even though i've been working here for 6 months. maybe i'm just a weird person in general because i say basically nothing ever.
>>
>>24804918
>Hypocriticism the post
So just to make sure i got this straight; if I don't give a shit what you do, if I'm apathetic towards you and your actions and treat you as a would any other person, I'm a bigot? Since I won't baby you as you somehow feel that you are entitled to I am now transphobic? I spent a post explaining how I don't give a shit what you do one way or the other. You can identify as a picture frame for all I care, just don't expect me to make a special note in my head about it and be sure to greet you as hallmark everytime I see you. What's so hard to understand about that? Again I reiderate: do what makes you happy, br don't impose your opinions and ideologies on others as you wouldn't want them to impose on you.
You must have really been soolief as a kid with the entitlement you feel you deserve from the world.
>>
>>24804135
>cisnormativity

sounds like transplaining to me
>>
>>24805087
/thread
fuck off robot don't mute me
>>
>>24805087
jesus i don't even have the energy anymore for you people. you'll just insist you're right anyway so it's probably not worth saying anything anyway.
>>
drop the trans shit. be a normal human being.
>>
>>24805182
>can't actually defend their entire identity
>"oH SHIT GUYS I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN ANYMORE, STOP YOU GUYS"
>damage control
>>
>lel my tumblr identity is totally real guys
You sound like a twat.
>>
File: 1443805143204.jpg (45 KB, 628x442) Image search: [Google]
1443805143204.jpg
45 KB, 628x442
>>24804434
What you talking about, faggot?
>>
>>24805182
If you gain the "energy" please point out and quote from my post >>24805087
What you disagree with and your rebuttle. I'll be waiting i have all night sweetheart.
>>
>>24805182
How about you go to >>>/lgbt/ where you belong and stop forcing your psychological illness here?
>>
there's a whole fucking board and general for you to ask them
fuck off our board and get your faggot ass to
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>24804485
Soon every board is going to be about "trans issues" to people like him/her/xir/xer/who/what/where.
>>
>>24804135
you have a mental illness dont expect people to change for you faggot
>>
>>24805301
I'm not the literal faggot you were talking to but /r9k/ specifically has no topic so he's right you autists.
What he's doing wrong is asking for advice when the rules clearly state that those threads should be posted on another board.
>>24805351
>>24804849
>>
>>24805310
all i'm saying is that it shouldn't be a huge deal if i ask people to call me "she".

>>24805395
i'm not asking them to change. wtf?
>>
>>24805407
>/r9k/ specifically has no topic
But it's well known topic is robot culture.
>>
>>24805407
Over its entire existence /r9k/ has developed culture. The culture reflects what is usually posted, and the types of questions that are asked.

Although not specifically mentioned in the rules, r9k's board culture is clearly visible, and you have to be an autists to see that /lgbt/ issues are never addressed here, aside from the usual trap threads.

If you post outside of that culture, you will clearly be called out for being the attention whore that you are, and will be referred to boards that are better shaped to answering your question.
>>
>>24805407
the rules on /r9k/ is essentially everything that's not under the jurisdiction of a containment board
aka:
>/soc/
>/lgbt/
>/adv/
>/mlp/
other than that, it has no topic, but those discussions are meant to stay to their own boards
it gets really tiring when the trannies raid here because they feel down and want attention
>>
>>24805432
Of course not. So don't make it one. If you want to put yourself out there and tell your coworkers, be my guest. Just don't expect them to all bend over backwards for you. You are entitled to nothing in this world, and based on the way you have been responding to my previous posts you have not realized or refuse to acknowledge this fact.
>>
>>24805432
You are asking them to refer you as "she/her" when they see you are obviously male. Sorry, mate. Some people aren't too eager to be part of your trip through insanity.
>>
>>24805432
You are. You're asking them to betray their beliefs in what a man and woman are.

You're literally asking them to betray what they believe constitutes gender.
>>
>>24805492
And they say they're gonna commit suicide because we were being Oh-so-mean.
>>
>>>/lgbt/5352068
go fucking ask them
we don't fucking know
>>
k whatever. you guys were no help at all so thanks.

bye
>>
>>24805534
except YT, who left his trip for us to use when he killed himself
>>
>>24805023
>i had one person say "he or she" which just felt awkward.

How did you reply to that? Clearly people don't know what to call you.

Try telling a story about yourself where you refer to yourself as "she". If they don't pick up on that, then sure, correct them.
>>
>>24805582
He killed himself. How long have I been gone
>>
>>24805582
Can we forget about him already?
>>
>>24805578
>doesn't hear what it likes
>says one last passive aggressive statement and leaves to go back to the hug box to brag about it

Can't say I didn't see it playing out like this.
>>
>>24805604
He killed himself two days ago.
>>
>>24805578
you're not entitled to an answer you little shit
and we're sick of you freaks coming in here to attention whore
you know damn well what kind of people are here and you chose to leave your hugboxes of tumblr and lbgt to ask us here

so you got what you asked for alright

>>24805604
it was like a week ago, posted with a gun and a bunch of opiates and left his trip
>>24805605
I'm planning on it, waiting until everyone forgets and then baiting people with the trip and a pic I saved
>>
>>24805578
And don't let the door hit your prolapsed ass on the way out, faggot.
>>
>>24805578
bye
you delusional, bigoted shitfuck
>>
>>24805626
Well I just came back today, so it's still news to me.
>>24805634
So is he confirmed dead?
>>
>>24805647
>So is he confirmed dead?
As far as we know.
>>
I am a girl. A born with a vagina girl, but I used to be frequently mistaken for a teenage boy and still am sometimes. Sometimes people on the street yell fag at me. Sometimes it's appropriate to correct people, but other times it's too much of a hassle or it'd make things unnecessarily awkward and you just have to move on.
Obviously it's gonna be more painful if you're a tranny but desu part of being a woman is that people are gonna give you shit, and you gotta take it or else you're gonna play into the irritating whiney/bitchy girl stereotype. That said, if you're gonna be around the person a lot I recommend correcting them. Also dress more professionally/femininely, sit up straighter and do your hair nice, that really helped me.
>>
>>24805647
no idea, but we could check with the name we got when he doxxed himself, check it vs obituaries and missing person accounts

trip is #ilovecocks btw, dude was never that creative
>>
>>24805634
Jesus. I feel legit bad now. Like he fucked himself up so a lot is on him, but I definitely used to like to poke the attention seeking bear quite a bit back in the day. Probably should have been nicer.
>>
>>24805662
Be my reverse trap gf pls
>>
>>24805669
>Jesus. I feel legit bad now. Like he fucked himself up so a lot is on him, but I definitely used to like to poke the attention seeking bear quite a bit back in the day. Probably should have been nicer.
The dude was a legit bad person. He showed no regard for ruining other people's lives.
>>
>>24805665
>>24805657
Damn. And here I thought this board could never improve.
>>
>>24804334
For r9k, this is really good bait.

Honestly, op should've been banned becuase this is strictly an lgbt topic, but the mods are so shitty here and ban people arbitrarily.
>>
>>24805669
The dude fucked married men anon.
>>
>>24805674
I am incapable of romantic love but I also want to warn you that pretty much any girl you meet on here will probably fuck you up. Unhappy/crazy males generally keep those feelings inside themselves but the female equivalent tend to project their crazy/unhappy outwards to destroy others instead. Good luck anon.
>>
>>24805780
>I am incapable of romantic love
Never know until you try :^)
>>
>>24805780
>but the female equivalent...
Why do they do this? What, if anything, is there to possibly gain from doing this?
>>
>>24805850
attention

originalblox
>>
>>24805850
I wish I understood why, but I have some ideas.

I think most robots would agree that keeping all of your unhappiness and craziness inside is unpleasant, but it's better than hurting the people you care about.
It's easier and less painful to project your craziness onto others and never blame yourself for your own bullshit if you lack the ability to truly care about how others feel. I suspect that most women, particularly damaged women, lack that ability.
I think we're also kind of raised to be these special snowflakes that ought to be protected or treated like princesses when obviously the world doesn't work that way. Women end up feeling like the world and men and their parents etc fucked them over and now owe them something. There's probably more to it than this and I could also be completely wrong.
>>24805934
Also this
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.