[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression is more than sadness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: depression.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Since this board is basically /depression/
Normally I view buzzfeed as cancer, but I think that this image they posted on their snapchat is pretty accurate. I want to share it.
>>
nice bait bud
awesome thread
>>
>>24802112
Not bait, I found this earlier today and thought it rang true. I can't convince you, though, so whatever.
>>
it's only depression if you're sober
>>
>>24802224
This.
>tfw the Oxy starts to kick in and your bubble bath is almost ready.
>>
File: 1441409091398.jpg (154 KB, 945x1500) Image search: [Google]
1441409091398.jpg
154 KB, 945x1500
>>24802093
I'd say it's accurate. When I was just a youngen I thought depression was just something you can get over. Now after years of dealing with it I know it never really goes away, and you just kind of live with it. I don't even try to hide it anymore because it's too much effort to pretend to be happy
>>
>>24802093
>using snapchat
>using any form of social media

get out my board normie
>>
>>24802093
Bullshit. There's way more hopelessness than that.
>>
File: feelings are edgy and gay.gif (191 KB, 521x591) Image search: [Google]
feelings are edgy and gay.gif
191 KB, 521x591
ur a faget, man.
most people understand depression is multifaceted by now.
You just have a victim complex, dum-dum.
>>
Self-loathing too low DESU Sempai SENPAI
>>
File: 1404536501890.gif (830 KB, 245x225) Image search: [Google]
1404536501890.gif
830 KB, 245x225
>>24802093
Why is sadness so closely linked to depression?

Even if it sit here in my room all day, society will consider me "Depressed". But why is that if i still laugh at stupid shit on the internet like 4chan shit posts and funny mages?
it makes me happy doesnt it? It makes me smile and laugh. So why is it that i would be considered "Depressed"?
>>
>>24802253
It's a lovely medium for drug transactions tbqh, super famicon
>>
regular exercise rid me of my depression

try it anon
>>
>>24802498
>tfw you work out for 2 hours and just feel more motivated to kill yourself

you weren't depressed
>>
>>24802093
a lot less nothing and a lot more isolation. also doubt, this doesn't indicate how much self-doubt goes on with depression. I don't have much of any self loathing, but so very much doubt.
>>24802498
>diet and excercise
>trim nearly 20 pounds in the last four months
>still depressed
>at least I look okay
>but depressed
>>
Why has depression become some kind of buzzword?
I'm pretty sure that most people that claim depression don't actually have depression. I don't think they understand that deppresion is a legitamite chemical imbalance in your brain. I feel those things in OP's pic from time to time but I'm not gonna claim depression just because I do.
>>
>>24802605
I might say that self loathing would be higher for me and a lot less nothing. Still a better representation than most feeble attempts
>>
>>24802498
I've been taking 1-mile walks almost daily for a month and a bit now. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week but it did nothing for me. I'm fat, by the by, but I just don't find comfort in exercise
>>
>>24802334
>it makes me happy doesnt it? It makes me smile and laugh. So why is it that i would be considered "Depressed"?
It doesn't.
I sit here shitposting on 4chan but nothing here makes me laugh or smile. I am absolutely miserable when I'm not shitposting and absolutely miserable when I am shitposting. I only smile when I'm nervous and shut down during anxiety bouts.
>>
File: cybapepe.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
cybapepe.gif
2 MB, 750x750
>>24802997
I laugh and smile still. Depression is weird for me. I don't have a piece of paper saying that I for sure have it, mind you, but my doctor said that she believed I had it. I still laugh, I love, I indulge in anger and rage. When I mellow out, though, there is a kind of numbing undercurrent of nothingness, though.
It's hilarious. Just last year I was laughing at Linkin Park's Crawling and Numb. Now that I know that Crawling is about heroin addiction, I can't justify making fun of it anymore, and now that my doctor has made me realize that I'm depressed, Numb hits me too fucking hard to think that it's funny anymore.
>>
File: depression2.png (262 KB, 450x800) Image search: [Google]
depression2.png
262 KB, 450x800
>>24803788
Edit to make the image smaller. I wasn't really thinking about how I posted a screenshot from my stupidly high resolution smartphone.
>>
>>24802093

"Depression" is a label used as society's way of encouraging people to be helpless navel-gazers instead of addressing the sources of social disease. We live in a society of broken families, degenerate culture, substance abuse, domestic violence, lack of role models or positive influences... of course a lot of people are going to be depressed. Depression is normal, just like how in the absence of food, starvation is normal. And like the symptoms of starvation, the problem can't be solved with pills.
>>
File: cyberbullying.png (847 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cyberbullying.png
847 KB, 1920x1080
>>24803950
I often feel that talking about depression is too much "ME! ME! ME!" and less "I want to understand this!"
I usually just end up feeling worse because of it. I have no clue how to help myself. I want to see a shrink but goddamn is it expensive.
>>
>>24802251
have you ever actually run around naked in the moonlight?
>>
>>24802240

bubble baths. why didnt I think of this before
>>
File: 1433648835624.jpg (72 KB, 640x693) Image search: [Google]
1433648835624.jpg
72 KB, 640x693
>>24803788
back to reddit with you.

>'im not diagnosed but my doctor said that she believed I had depression'
>listening to linkin park unironically

if this isn't bait then i'm gonna shit bricks and then literally take a step back and literally fuck my own face.

know how i know i actually have depression? no matter how seemingly 'good' thinks are going in my actual life ($, success in work/school/women, friends, sports), I still regularly have periods of months on end where I can barely get out of bed - facing the world is such a daunting, exhausting, and horrifying prospect that i literally can't force myself to carry out basic human daily functions like eating, speaking to others, leaving my room, reading, cleaning myself, etc. i hate myself and feel a physical nausea/frustration/pain/uneasiness within the core of my body that is so bad i can barely even believe it. when i manage to eat anything the food turns to ashes in my mouth -- nothing tastes good, smells good. things i used to enjoy doing seem pointless and uninteresting. my overriding priority is to be unconscious for as much of the day as possible and otherwise try to distract myself from my existence in reality as much as possible.

funny thing is i know its irrational and there's no good reason to feel this way but it doesn't fucking matter at all.
>>
>>24805617
u type like that one time when i watched anime
h e HE Ho i smoked a huge blunt this morning t. suomi
>>
File: r9k.png (94 KB, 975x1278) Image search: [Google]
r9k.png
94 KB, 975x1278
take a look in the mirror my friends
>>
>>24805779
candid pic of /pol/ you got there friend
>>
>>24805779
thats a lot of problems. the hopelessness makes sense then, I suppose
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.