[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /le wrong generation xd/ here? I would kill my pets and family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: PhoenixAZ1950s_1500.jpg (265 KB, 1500x864) Image search: [Google]
PhoenixAZ1950s_1500.jpg
265 KB, 1500x864
Who /le wrong generation xd/ here?
I would kill my pets and family to live in the golden days.
>>
>>24799405
>OP is born in the 1950s
>is locked away in an asylum because he is a retarded faggot

golden days indeed.
>>
>OP is a NEET in the 1960's
>Gets drafted and dies in Vietnam
>>
>tfw not born in the future where everyone is a normalfag and all robots are put to death
>>
>>24799497
>implying he would have the opportunity to become a retarded faggot in the 50s

I'd rather be born in the 30s, be a kid during WW2 and fully enjoy the golden years as an adult. Being born in the 50s I'd just end up some long haired hippie dadrock faggot.
>>
You realize as sweet as those days were you'd have no vidya, Internet, nothing
Which would suck if you still had your personality because hey, you'd have literally nothing to do but sit in the home all day every day

I'd die to live in a more advanced timeline, a one with flying cars, teleporters, robots, all kinds of cool shit
>>
File: 1419017208966.png (38 KB, 234x263) Image search: [Google]
1419017208966.png
38 KB, 234x263
>>24799497
>OP get's drafted into Korean/Vietnam war
>captured and tortured well after the war has ended
>dies
>No one gives a shit
mfw
>>
>>24799541
Plus, being born in the 30s I'd be dead by now and not have to live in this retarded faggot world.
>>
>>24799543
I would go full chameleon.
I know enough about the time period to blend in
>>
File: 6755564.jpg (959 KB, 1917x808) Image search: [Google]
6755564.jpg
959 KB, 1917x808
>>24799405
screw the past, give me this future
>>
>>24799594
you cant even blend in now nigger what makes you think back then would be any more successful
>>
>not wanting to be a knight in 13-14th century europe
>>
>>24799405
Oldfag here (30) and I can tell you that even just growing up in the 90s was a living hell for robots.

>b-but the internet existed!

only if you had wealthy and tech-savy parents, which most of us don't, and loading/waiting times were fucking shit as well as the fact that you couldn't spend 16 hours a day online like you do now.

Living in 2015 you can instantly download and stream any and all media media from whatever decade you have a boner for, living in the future is great and you're a faggot if you want to live in any other past era,
>>
Not me. I would be an Irish factory worker with 3 missing fingers, a nagging wife, and 15 kids sleeping in one room.
>>
>>24799405
The reason the 50s looked so good is because America wasn't raped yet, and that white people have taste

Shitskins just open stores with some cheap hideous looking signs because they have no taste or class. They used to live in trashy countries with no money so opening up a grubby kebab shop with a comic sans sign is nothing out of the ordinary to them
>>
File: bonus fedora.jpg (132 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
bonus fedora.jpg
132 KB, 500x667
>>24799740
ah yes, a fine and distinguished gentleman such as yourself who peruses only the best POOPOO PEEPEE memes is a man of class of stature without a doubt
>>
>>24799740
>white people have taste
>>
>>24799497
>grow up with a fun, innocent childhood
>be a degenerate hippy during late teens/early 20s
>give it up and land a job because I'm white and went to college
>make good money
>get qt wife, kids, and house in the suburbs before you turn 30
>retire at 60
being a boomer is literally life on cruise control
>>
>>24799905
>>24799978
Someone with brown skin detected

Very butthurt, maybe you should go poo in the street to alleviate stress? That's what you people do right

Also actually challenging white European taste, top lel. Our classic architecture is amazing, while shit countries have nothing that the white man didn't build. How are your hovels?
>>
>>24799989
You're assuming that would be a Chad or a normie in those days, like everyone else ITT
>>
>>24800018
>Our classic architecture is amazing

>our

oh yes, you built the Roman Coliseum and Venetian Canals all by yourself didn't you?
>>
>>24800045
It was a lot easier not to get instantly ostracised

Your popularity today relies on you constantly whoring yourself out online to look like you do interesting stuff

>>24800070
Yes, my ancestors you fuck. You shitskins only get so individualist because you have no collective achievements. Go back to your cultural wasteland
>>
We're the first real generation of robots, it wasn't possible really to stay in your room all the time years ago, as there wasn't much good vidya and Internets and parents actually had bollocks to not bring their kids up wrapped in cotton wool.

I predict more and more robots to start spawning, it's already happening in Japan.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23182523
>>
>>24800099
>my ancestors

but not you. You're arguing with strangers on the internet in a POOPOO PEEPEE board of a Korean puppet show website.
>>
File: 1443489288591.jpg (359 KB, 1200x777) Image search: [Google]
1443489288591.jpg
359 KB, 1200x777
>>24799405

Being able to watch the the old world fade out and be replaced with machines. To watch horse drawn carriages be on the road along side automobiles. Things like that would be the coolest shit.
>>
>>24800160
>waaaaah you didn't personally do it waaaaah mud huts
le memes
le epic Asian country 'obscure hobby' meme

so fresh, so new, so funnay XD
>>
>>24799723
>loading/waiting times were fucking shit as well as the fact that you couldn't spend 16 hours a day online like you do now

Forgot to mention dialup taking up the phone line.
>>
>>24799740
Most of the people that caused the most problems in the US since the 50s have been white.

After World War II more backward white races like Jews, Italians, and white trash rednecks were able to scramble up to the top. Also remember that white women became a lot more powerful during the 60s and 70s.

The Civil Rights movement was hijacked by Jewish politicians who distorted the original ideas and made it more about handouts, forced integration, and blacks getting "revenge" on whites with stuff like affirmative action, instead of building their own businesses and schools.
>>
>>24800240
>not being 90s /g/
>not having a seperate line or ISDN
do you even try
>>
>>24800099
Africans do have many cultures but some of the practices are batshit crazy.
>>
>>24800099
>Yes, my ancestors you fuck.

Are you descended from upper-class Italians?

Only a small amount actually "built" the Coliseum and canals, most people were just workers and slaves descended from conquered tribes.
>>
>>24800110
>robots
>spawning
>>
America post civil war seems awfully attractive.

>plentiful cheap land
>wide open spaces
>real sense of community
>live close to nature

You could just pack up your things and move west if life had you down. It was real freedom.
>>
>>24800240
Exactly, I grew up without the internet and even then it was always a fight between myself and my parents and my siblings to use the one phone, and the one TV. Now I can watch TV shows on my phone through the internet, meta.
>>
>>24800414
What m80?
>>
>>24800209
>get confronted with how pathetic taking credit for other people's achievements are
>starts memeing

kek.

Not surprised though, most people with nothing going on in their lives try and claim status with whatever passive traits they have.
>>
File: Lincoln_Zephyr_1937-Coupe.jpg (233 KB, 1253x988) Image search: [Google]
Lincoln_Zephyr_1937-Coupe.jpg
233 KB, 1253x988
>>24799541
>be born in 1907
>too young for WW1
>already had a solid career going by the time Great Depression hits, largely unaffected
>too old for WW2 (wife and multiple kids roll around by that point anyway)
>die in 1962 before seeing society go to complete shit with "protest movements" and "civil rights".

He may not have had a long life, but I would kill to be my grandfather. There is just no place for men to be men in this day and age. Plus popular music was objectively better before the late 20th century (most of what I listen to is either classical or 30s-40s pop). Sure, not having internet would be boring as fuck, but something tells me I would be no less entertained then if I had never had my experience of the internet to compare it the forms of entertainment existing then (theatres, newspaper, radio).
>>
File: 1447374442753.png (23 KB, 587x466) Image search: [Google]
1447374442753.png
23 KB, 587x466
>you will never fight off bandits while traversing the dangers of the silk road and come back home a hero to your qt Persian wife in Asia Minor

>you will never fight the CSS Virginia from the USS Monitor

>you will never fight Afrika Korps in a tank through the deserts of Algeria and Tunisia

>you will never fly a spy plane over USSR territories

>you will never fall in love in a hotline Miami tron fueled neon adventure

>you will never break down and cry after you find out you never lived out your dreams after your nephew invites you to a Wagner matinee
>>
>>24800110
>name is Hide
>>
>>24800835
How could NEET hikikomoris with no social interaction spawn?

Robots will eventually die off.
>>
>>24801325
>>already had a solid career going by the time Great Depression hits, largely unaffected

lol

middle aged men were some of the hardest-hit
>>
>>24801325
>>24801878
Woops, didn't see you were talking about your grandfather specifically.
>>
Boomers and previous generations had it really really good, meng. Whatever you did, it would be completely original and there would be no worries about what the future held.

Very chill, whatever you did it would be totally ok. Now, fuck , whatever you do is nearly guaranteed to turn into shit.

Fuck this gay earth, meng.
>>
>>24801878
IDK, from what my dad told me of his life, he was never unemployed. Between 1928 and 1940 he was a foreman for the same construction firm. That pretty much encompasses the entire Great Depression.
>>
>>24800099
We wuz architects and shit.
>>
>>24801992
No, we weren't, but most of the architects were white.

The difference is that black pseudohistorians regularly claim that Egyptians, ancient Hebrews, etc. were black when there is no evidence for it.
>>
>>24801325
Fuckkk man I wish I was 18 during the roaring twenties.
Going out with your boys to a speak easy and chatting up a girl who dresses nice, then serving in WW2 and dying later on in life...
>>
>>24802063
>speak easy
>>
>>24799405
same here same period too 30s to 50s would fucking love it
>>
I would have liked to have grown up in the 50s/60s

I detest driving and life would have been a lot simpler without computers and junk like that, and I probably would have had childhood friends as well since I'd be forced to leave the house if I wanted to have fun as opposed to video games. Or I'd be very well-read. Win/Win really.
>>
It depends on if I could pick my class as well. Being poor in the past totally sucked, much more than it sucks now. I would've liked to have been a rich spinster from a military background, maybe died a spy during ww2.
>>
File: 3245432.png (400 KB, 458x394) Image search: [Google]
3245432.png
400 KB, 458x394
I'm pretty sure robots in the 1950s got their shit fucked up even worse than today
>>
>>24799497
Yah it actually wouldve been nice to have retards locked up.
>>
I don't know why anyone would want to be born before now. We have the fucking internet.
>>
>>24799405
50s is too early, I'd rather be born in the early 70s.
>Too young to give much of a fuck about the 1970s oil crisis and mini-depression.
>Get to see the Star Wars trilogy in theaters.
>Spend adolescence in the 80s. Grow up with the birth of video games and home computers.
>No internet to destroy my social life. Forcing me to be more normal.
>80s culture was full on USA #1 patriotism, anti-commies, manly as fuck.
>Go to college in the early 90s. Very affordable back then, 90s was a great time to be in your early 20s. Job market was great, new tech everywhere, USSR gone, huge national feeling of optimism.
Basically I want my uncle's life. Shit seemed a lot more straightforward and easy back then.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.