[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would you be willing to pay if real, fully customizable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
How much would you be willing to pay if real, fully customizable robot waifus existed for purchase?
>>
>>24799403
I'd sell my organs and humanity
if it means that i can become a machine
>>
>>24799459
OP here,

I am an electrical engineer and have been researching the possibilities of designing and creating them now with grants for production. By the way, they would look nothing like pic related. They would look like those full size sex dolls that you see for purchase on the internet, but with relatively fluid movement, while containing software which allows you to edit various physical and mental parameters of the robot.
>>
>>24799585
Will we never get realistic flesh/skin, and facial features
because that is what would swing me over to the side of sexbots
>>
I'm neet so I would assume the govt would issue me a basic model to keep me alive. Hopefully they do it soon.
>>
>>24799654
Oh, we already do and that would be a fundamental component. You would also have such things as a correct surface temperature so that it feels like a living thing.
>>
>>24799585
alright
then the obvious qeustion would be cost
and the answer to that would be astronomical
then the other is timeframe of seeing it on the market if ever
the whole ethics community would probably get a boner over it and shut it down in a heartbeat
>>
>>24799403
Wouldn't you just rather spend that money on a real women?
>>
>>24799722
no, the only reason you'd choose real women over robot women of equal attractiveness is pride
>>
Up to 300 thousand.
I would wait to see if the price comes down.

If it looks like op pic 60,000 seems fair.
Should only be slightly more expensive than a new car.

If it's just a modbile sex doll with a computer in its head then around 20,000-30,000 would be ok.

If it's complete lifelike and comes with a lifetime guarantee and upgrade-ability then I would pay 300 grand.

Really it depends on everything.
>>
>>24799767
How about actual interaction? what happens if these robots get big next thing you know Microsoft owns them and the software is fucked up and crashes all the time.
>>
>>24799828
>300k
come on now, don't ruin this for us poorfags
>>
>>24799716
OP here,

The cost would be variable and depend on the specific features that you are willing to pay for. After consulting some of my manufacturing buddies, the selling price for a full model with all features would be something like a small economy car, but obviously would cost less the more people that buy it. If we had 100 sells per month, we'd be able to sell them for about the cost of a semester of a university, or a year if you go to a particularly expensive university. Within 5 years, it is at least projected that we'd be able to manufacture and sell each for less than $10,000 as that is what everyone could afford IF they really want something like this. This is the golden number that all of my internal consulting has yielded, and this is for the full featured model. It would become less expensive the more that purchase it, though.
>>
>will exist within our lifetime
>>
>>24799403
I'd be willing to spend as much as a Porsche.

And for the perfect waifu, perfect personality, indistinguishable from humans, 10/10 looks, I'd be willing to go into debt for the rest of my life.
>>
>>24799865
I think the whole idea is that the primary consumers of this product would be people who can't get a gf.
You can get female interaction for free easily, if you want intimacy you might as well buy permanently than paying the same amount just so a sentient being can drop you for chad
>>
>>24799828
They would not look like the OP. That is just some artist dazzling it up to make it seem robotic. In reality, you wouldn't be able to tell that it's a robot without interacting with it or paying close attention. There would be no physical signs of it being a robot like the strange indentations or naked mechanical components of the "robot" in the picture.
>>
>>24800004
would it be noticeably not a real girl/woman though?
>>
If it's out of my price range then i'd just learn to disable its security and steal one from a richfag.
>>
Prolly wouldn't pay anything or even consider getting one. I'm not really into that sort of thing.
>>
>>24800025
Some facial expressions and few movements would make it noticeable, but if you were say 15 feet away looking at it, or not paying attention and it was in your peripheral vision, no you wouldn't be able to tell that it's not a person.

You all have to realize though that it would simply not physically behave like a person but almost as an obedient child that follows you if you hold its hand(this is how we are currently debating a simple way to let it follow you in a crowded area in public, in an area with very little HUMAN activity, this would not be required). In fact, you would have to program it, which we would make simple to do, to know the paths of your home so that it can easily walk around by itself on an autopilot if you so choose. This isn't to say that it won't have it's own sensors and such, which it absolutely will and will be a large part of any intimate interaction or day to day interaction with the physical world.

If you're asking if it will be an actual wife that will cook food, do dishes, and have it's own life when you're not with it, it is unlikely in the beginning unless the actions are fairly basic and would not require you to assist much. The complexity of that would at least take a software update of some kind as that's how we will be approaching it if you so choose. It is absolutely possible with the current technologies that we are considering to drive them.

The actual movements of the joints would be fluid enough to where you would not be able to tell unless you were comparing exaggerated motions side by side with a human.

Before someone brings up energy costs; these will recharge as they sleep to mimic how we "recharge" so to speak. We are debating on how exactly we would like the charging apparatus to be operated, but if we wanted to make it simple, we can absolutely just allow the robot to request from you to be allowed to be charged, as it will then find your bed, lay down, and be then ready for the apparatus.
>>
If they aren't any more than the price of a car, and are able to perform basic functions beyond sex then I'd certainly consider it.
>>
>>24800484
Define basic functions.

But yes, they would never cost more than a small economy car.
>>
>>24800327
wouldn't some sort of solar panel work as an additional power source, that would appear as a hat?
>>
>>24800595
It really wouldn't. The methods that would be used to drive these robots at least mechanically would not be able to function on a small solar panel, and the complications of it to the original device would make it too costly for what it provides. When not moving, these robots will not actually take much energy to keep sensors active. Facial recognition of the owner will be very important and always active. This is all programmable, of course.
>>
>>24800687
>for what it provides as a possibly accessory or third party option
forgot to add that
>>
File: smug1.png (28 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
smug1.png
28 KB, 200x200
>finally get sex robots
>make them so expensive they are completely unattainable for NEETs

perfect.
>>
There are many things that we are debating, even to go as far as you purchasing "health insurance" on your robot so that if it malfunctions, you can send it to us, have it repaired, and sent back at no additional charges.

The idea for at least the full feature robot is to feel as close to a real person as possible. From what we've been concluding, the lowest model would be basic and simply an advanced full size sex doll, which I feel in reality more people will be interested in. It would also cost $5,000 or less, or at least that's what we are currently figuring as the target goal, and it's definitely possible.
>>
>>24799403
I want to be a robot waifu
>>
>>24800811
Well, you have to realize that these are fairly complicated pieces of technology that we will be configuring to a safe, usable device for you to purchase. As the volume grows, the cost would dramatically lower.
>>
Oh, anything. If only I could use my loved waifu.
>>
NO SYNTHS ALLOWED
>>
File: shaq.gif (876 KB, 355x325) Image search: [Google]
shaq.gif
876 KB, 355x325
>>24800811
>muh neet life
>t-tick t-tock wagey, get up for work
>"yes I will, I'll awake next to my robot waifu"
>R-ROBOTS ARE FOR L-LOSERS AND I-I'LL JUST FUCK HER WHILE YOU'RE G-GONE
>"no you won't, she's programmed to be faithful"
>T-TICK TOCK WAGEY HAHAHAHA I'M BETTER THAN YOU

It'll be glorious.
>>
>>24799889

Would we be able to have it made to look like a specific person?
>>
>>24799889
>ten stacks
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas
>>
>>24799585
The ai will be shit.
>>
>get sex bots
>make them your personal army instead
>they all have the power to go spy mode and seduce niggas too
>have them commit identity theft to add more sex bots into my ranks

I can't wait to take over the world.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.