[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm slowly turning into an alcoholic..the only time I find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12
File: twitter_400x400.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
twitter_400x400.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
I'm slowly turning into an alcoholic..the only time I find joy/have fun is when I'm drunk. I'm starting to drink daily now.

who else /alcoholic/ here?
>>
>wake up
>headache
>reach for beer from fridge
>drink 1 to kill hangover
>continue to drink a pint an hour until dinner time
>a beer with dinner
>switch over to wine during nighttime hours

Total hours awake: 5, 6 at most
>>
File: 1446564393994.jpg (349 KB, 670x748) Image search: [Google]
1446564393994.jpg
349 KB, 670x748
>fifth of 151 every two days

If my budget ever can't afford that, I'll probably just eat a bullet.
>>
>>24796908

My friend who I met on /r9k/ also seems to be turning into an alcoholic. It worries me a great deal
>>
I was a full blown alchie for about a year, I only drink once every couple of months now. I miss the happiness it provided, but I don't miss the crushing headaches, constant drunk vomiting, and black outs.
>>
Really? Alcohol is the worst high there is. I've tried to become an alcoholic but after a few weeks I just got tired of too much booze.
Try to diversify your drug portfolio. Some alcohol, nicotine and cafeine in reasonable doses should keep you happy without getting you fucked up.
>>
>>24796950
how can you drink whine? It tastes like shit. I'm a liquor man myself.
>>
>>24797053
>nicotine
nope, quit smoking all together a few months ago, tried smoking again a few weeks ago didn't enjoy it at all.
>>
>tfw anxiety attacks and stomach knots when you go more than a couple hours sober
>tfw blackout drinker
>tfw everybody knows your an alchy and words like rehab, getting help and aa are common in daily convo
Thinking about just ending it soon lads. This shame, the shakes, waves of fear and panic arent worth it. I need to either get sober or kill myself soon. Either/or
>>
File: 1346730798009.jpg (174 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1346730798009.jpg
174 KB, 645x773
>tfw 6 pack of colt 45s every night

pretty sure it's a nigger beer but whatever it's cheap

also

>tfw dry county so no liquor

jfmsutbqhfam
>>
>>24797053
alcohol works really well for some people. I was on SSRI's which amplified the effect by what felt like 50x

No longer on SSRI, alcohol now doesn't provide much happiness so I don't drink much anymore. Like it still makes me feel content and good, but not over the top happy and positive.
>>
>>24796908
Drinking every day is nightmare.

If possible, do not drink every day.
>>
Im starting to develop a problem. During the weekdays i drink 5-6 beers. Last night i drank 10 beers. Probably gonna drink another 8 tonight.
>>
>>24797053
I recognize how shitty of a high booze is. I recognize how many better drugs there are and that I do do those drugs as well, far more then booze.

But booze is something special. It's weird. Its like a good ol friend that you have known for years. I take comfort in it. Its always there for me. A shoulder to cry on
>>
File: 1366413492345.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1366413492345.png
96 KB, 241x228
>>24797118
>that awkward silence when you're an alchy living with your parents and a "does someone you know have an alcohol problem?" ad comes on
>>
>>24796908
>Drinking daily
>Not having the willpower to stop yourself from becoming on addict

Good job faggot, the moment you lose your ability to stop yourself when considering destructive actions is when you become a truly weak person.
>>
I drink easily a fifth a day. I have to cut back sometimes because the coffee grounds semi-digested blood vomit gets too ominous after a while.

It's not a fun life to live but at least I'm happy when I'm drunk.
>>
>>24797215
I know I'm weak, I could care less but it helps me feel okay for awhile.
>>
>>24796908
I drank about 6 beers and a bloody Mary today and visited the tutoring center at my uni while I was drunk. It helped make learning physics a whole lot more enjoyable.
>>
If yall need to cut back or quit, read this.

It teaches you how to taper. Tapering may save your life if you're srsly addicted. i've been there. It's rough but this method works.

http://www.hamsnetwork.org/taper/
>>
>>24797056
I don't drink it to get drunk I just sip slow

Keep a constant buzz, got to maintainnnn
>>
I'm literally drinking while taking a shit right now.
>>
I drank a 15 pack a night for about a year. Booze is expensive here and it worked out to around $10,00 a year on beer alone. I stopped once I added it up.
>>
>>24797320
$10,000

A bit more now that I factor in the liquor I would buy sometimes, maybe $11,000 a year?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I've drank just about half of this bottle in the last 2hrs.
>>
>take vodka to work in water bottle
>workmate asks to have a drink
>have to say no
>he gets suspicious and sniffs it
>reports me
>fired

well drinking has cost me my job and i'm not qualified for neetbux

should i just kill myself?
>>
>>24797320
>>24797347
damn just buy $10-$15 bottles for each night. That might last you two nights.
>>24797360
why dont you qualify? I proby qualify but my family hates welfare and I live with them so can't get on them.
>>
Being a drunk isn't fun and I don't recommend it. I used to pour beer in a bowl at night so that I could drink it in the morning when my hands were shaking too bad to open a can.
>>
>>24796951
holy shit man, you must throw up constantly. I mean, 70 percent is some harsh tasting shit
>>
>>24796908
>Drink 4 bottles of wine a day
>Quit smoking to afford habit of alcohol
>You are not alone
>>
People are too eager to call themselves alcoholics.

OMG I DRANK 3 DAYS IN A ROW IM TURNING INTO AN ALCOHOLIC :(

I drink around 6 beers a night and I consider myself to only have a habit. I am 6'1 200 pounds though.
>>
>>24797395
no liquor is 10-15 dollars here though. Those mini bottles that have 3 or 4 shots worth in them are about 15 bucks
>>
>>24797447
>I consider myself to only have a habit

That's exactly what alcoholics and addicts in denial say
>>
>>24797453
what where do you live at? you can get a bottle like>>24797359
for $20 and a fifth of cheap whiskey for $10 tastes fine if you got some cola to go with it
>>
>>24797419
Oddly, bacardi 151 was rather smooth to me mixed with pepsi.

Though, it was a tiny ammount mixed opposed to normal 40% which would be doubled.

get drunk on alot less of 151

>>24797453
a micky is 15 bucks. though a mickey by itself is not enough. need a 26er which is like 25 bucks.
>>
File: 1400222677159.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1400222677159.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
>tfw drinking and doing drugs is the only way to kill the pain and the soul-crushing loneliness
>tfw not even that is working very well anymore

Pic fucking related
>>
being drunk and listen to pop music I can dance to by myself is fun but I wish I had a gf/bf to dance with.
>>
>>24797558
iktf all too well anon.

all ive done today is smoke weed, shitpost and cry
>>
>>24797558
I know what you mean, I wish the loneliness could go away. I wish I had a gf to cuddle with and talk about stuff with but I guess that'll never happen.
>>
File: 70OQEUa.jpg (642 KB, 1047x1917) Image search: [Google]
70OQEUa.jpg
642 KB, 1047x1917
>>24796908
This pic makes me wonder how many people would take the opportunity to rape her.
I'd heavily consider depending on where I am.
>>
>>24797209
>Be drunk alone in your room
>parents start talking to you about your birthday and say something about partying by yourself
>tfw they dont know youve been drunk 24/7 about three to four years straight
>>
>>24797821
how'd they not notice do they not pay attention to all the beer/alcohol bottles?
>>
>>24797534

I don't care how hardcore of a drinker you are, 151 tastes, smell, and practically is lighter fluid.
>>
File: L3911052015.jpg (273 KB, 717x1364) Image search: [Google]
L3911052015.jpg
273 KB, 717x1364
>>24796908
I know that feel anon.
Im also a pothead.
At least I can entertain myself pretty easily though desu.

>pic related
>>
>>24797320
>>24797347

Iktf.

When I got hauled off to rehab and quit smoking and drinking I realized I had like 300-400$ a month more.

I also don't feel like shit constantly.
>>
>>24797490
No, I obviously need to drink less, but it's not just denial when I say that I'm not an alcoholic. I frequently take breaks just for the hell of it.
>>
>>24797447

>I drink around 6 beers a night
>I consider myself to only have a habit

You're pretty much the poster boy for alcoholism.
>>
>>24797288
>taper
Ill read through it but i'm not optimistic. Every time I consider cutting back I compare my life without alcohol with my life with it and t seems like my life would be shitty regardless of how drunk I am. It makes more sense to be dunk than not tbqh familam
>>
File: 1443069243920.jpg (7 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1443069243920.jpg
7 KB, 250x242
>>24797821
>Be drinking in the afternoon, been drinking since the morning
>Dad asks what time you started, starts going off at you on how no normal person starts drinking before 4 pm
>I say I've got fuck all else to do, and that him and mum are the only people I know in my hometown now (8 years since highschool ended, moved back a few months ago)
>He stares at me a bit and then leaves the room
>>
>>24798096
Yeah, I'm a real alcoholic. I drink ~6 beers a night with at least a day off every week, only starting after 7pm. The people that drink a handle every day are in the same category as me. Are you faggots the same people that say "water" in gamerfuel threads on /v/?
>>
>>24796908
>you have to eat ALL the eggs
>>
>>24798197

It doesn't matter how much you drink, it's the fact that you feel it's necessary to drink that much.

You even said "taking a day off" implying that drinking alcohol is a hobby or ritual which you must accomplish every day.

The logic of "I'm not as bad as X; therefor, I'm not bad at all" fails in this scenario.
>>
>>24798197
Quit for a month then if you're doing okay :-)
>>
>>24798263
>It doesn't matter how much you drink, it's the fact that you feel it's necessary to drink that much.
I don't. I often prefer being sober to having a buzz. It's weird psychological bullshit unrelated to general alcoholism that makes me drink so much.
>You even said "taking a day off" implying that drinking alcohol is a hobby or ritual which you must accomplish every day.
That's a good point, but I don't think it's completely applicable to me.
>The logic of "I'm not as bad as X; therefor, I'm not bad at all" fails in this scenario.
That's not always bad logic. My friend is a huge anti-grain faggot, and whenever I say "I really don't eat badly, in fact I've got a pretty good diet." he says "hurr ur comparing urself to the worst instead of to the best".
>>24798332
I would if my mom wasn't an actual spiteful alcoholic who caused me extreme mental trauma on a weekly basis. inb4 "oh shifting the blame :)" also inb4 "see you know what you're doing :)"
>>
>>24798455
Then what does make you drink so much, if not alcoholism?

Caused, or causes?
>>
>>24797739
My thoughts 2bh shameful tho they or I may be.

Nah I wouldn't rape her but I might cop a feel before helping her out damn.
>>
>>24798455
>It's weird psychological bullshit unrelated to general alcoholism that makes me drink so much.

So you feel the need to drink on a DAILY basis because you justify it as self-medication.

>I would if my mom wasn't an actual spiteful alcoholic who caused me extreme mental trauma on a weekly basis

1) Alcoholism runs in the family
2) If your mom is truly abusing you there are actual ways to permanently fix that other than dulling yourself every night then repeating the cycle the next day.

It may sound like I'm trying to convince you that you're an alcoholic, but you're also trying to convince yourself that you aren't when you're showing the exact same fucking signs that I've heard hundreds of times from hundreds of people who are current/recovering alcoholics.

But hey, you'll realize it when you've felt you've hit your bottom. Hopefully your bottom doesn't come in the form of death though.
>>
>>24797956
Its pretty easy to hide bottles in the closet and denial is a powerful tool as well. No one wants to have an alchy family member or friend.
>>24798186
Iktf anon
>tfw found passed out drunk on the batjroom floor at four thirty pm
>tfw turning out just like your mother and all her family line.
>>
>>24799111
I guess so

original comment
>>
>>24796950
>hangover
Christ drink water between drinks it's not fucking hard.
>>
>>24800037
When I drank, I wouldn't eat for 5 or 6 hours beforehand so it would work quicker and better. I'd only drink water before i went to bed, never between drinks, for the same reason. Didn't want to dilute it.
>>
Stayed sober for a week during Thanksgiving and binged last week. Missed a job interview called and completely ignored studying for finals. I'm in this cycle where I quit drinking for a week and binge for days on end.
>>
>>24797739
I would not rape but deff grope some boob
>>
as I drink more I wonder why I haven't killed myself yet.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 162x199) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 162x199
>>24796908
>tfw want to become an alcoholic
>too poor to buy booze on a regular basis
just end my life already
>>
>>24802263
I'd buy booze and drink with you anon just so I would have someone.
>>
Drinking too much is just unpleasant. It feels awful. It`s instantly noticeable when it happens. Before that moment, it`s alright, but as soon as you pass it, it`s nothing but spins and delirium.
>>
i don't know watever special name is for it, but i drink 750mL a week and im noticing my tolerance is going up and i cant sleep as well without it. the bottle only lasts like 3 days and im starting to get tempted to buy a second bottle but i know where it will end up
>>
>>24796908
I just want to make that girl some eggs.
>>
>>24802364
might as well buy another bottle it's helps.
>>
I used to be a hard alcoholic. Couldn't get past a day without a beer. But when I woke up one morning and my little sister had bruises all over her fucking face, that was it. Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest and say I know how you feel.
>>
File: 1446434001235.jpg (42 KB, 499x501) Image search: [Google]
1446434001235.jpg
42 KB, 499x501
bottle or two of gordons gin and a case of beer every week, I say I'm right under the alcoholic mark but not at it.

Music just sounds so much better while drunk, its amazing. And that is my only hobby, listening to music, although I recently started taking part in making my own music but I feel very self conscious and will not upload any of it.

>>24797053
I do all of those too. I have a lucky strike every night after work, really helps you unwind and prepare for a night of drinking. I don't smoke more than 1 a day, since at that point you just feel iffy.
Half a pot of coffee every morning.

I dried DMT with my ex girlfriend once, around june. I don't think I have recovered from that experience, and I find that even now I'm still frequently totally out of it at times. I wouldn't recommend hard drugs, but that is the only one I have tried that wasn't legal.
Well, a friend of mine let me smoke a bit of pot he had in his house, but it didn't work on me. Although I was already drunk at the time.
>>
>>24802419
Oh god. What happened and how old were you both? Did she ever tell you what happened?
>>
>>24796908

I want to be an alcoholic but im a poorfag.
>>
I started drinking heavily a few years ago to deal with people and the bullshit I was dealing with in the Marines. Now I get weird headaches and sleep too much if I don't drink. *sips beer*
>>
Me tbqh. Really only reason I can go to work the next day
>>
File: 1368205358738.jpg (22 KB, 226x199) Image search: [Google]
1368205358738.jpg
22 KB, 226x199
>>24797053
>I've tried to become an alcoholic
That's typically not how it works. Also why?
>>
Alcohol is starting to ruin my life. within the last few months i've:

-Got too drunk and ruined a date by making a bunch of rape jokes and then blacked out.

-went 100 mph down the highway and I'm pretty sure I got a ticket. If i went more than that, I could end up losing my license and I could get a criminal record.

-blacked out and thought I put bleach in the water i keep near my bedside for my hangover the next morning in an attempt to kill myself.

-went to a strip club with 2 girls from work and then when we got home I started acting like a douchebag. I don't know all the details because I blacked out.

-at least 5 people have told me I an asshole when I'm drunk

-I've shouted nigger near a black guy I used to be friends with
>>
>>24803423
sounds like fun t.b.h.
beats spending all your time behind a computer all day
>>
what if you average 2-4 beers a night with a few random nights off in between? is that alcoholic behavior?
>>
>>24803613
that's not enough to get drunk
>>
been drinking for last 5hrs oh boy..
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.