[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you guys say that Ignorance is Bliss or no? I've started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Would you guys say that Ignorance is Bliss or no? I've started thinking about this earlier and I can't come to a conclusion. I've been arguing with myself for hours on this topic. Any thoughts?
>>
I think it is the idea that you are less aware of your suffering. Some people take drugs to achieve this, some people meditate.
>>
If ignorance isn't bliss then why does religion exist? Check mate.
>>
>>24795924
Yeah I was thinking the same thing which can be applied to normies vs robots. Normies tend to ignore the truth and how bleak the world can be which is what makes they so happy. Then there's robots who know that their life is going to be shit, working 9-5, never loving anyone, and going to die so what's the point. They know the truth which is what makes them sad people.
>>
File: 1381964398918.jpg (53 KB, 637x685) Image search: [Google]
1381964398918.jpg
53 KB, 637x685
>>24795940
please elaborate on that, this comment is also very oc.
>>
>>24796041
Bumping for more thoughts
>>
>>24795880
i am pretty ignorant and also miserable so i say no
>>
>>24795880

ignorance is pain, more like it.
>>
>>24796277
So you're not informed and a sad person... anon you're breaking the theories m8.
>>
>>24796304
>>24796041
I need explanations! Fug I want to her thoughts not just one sentence stuff.
>>
>>24796041
>>24796230
Sorry for the late reply but religion only exists because people are afraid of dying. Christfags delude themselves into thinking that there's a guaranteed afterlife (heaven) so they'll be less afraid of death. Religion has some good points (giving people morals and such) but then you have Islamic people who kill others for not sharing their views. I'm pretty sure religions are created just to keep the masses in line.
>>
>>24796392
Also if they read more into it they can see some holes in their ways. Most of they don't want to listen to why there religion is wrong so yeah for them ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>24796442
I also agree that it provides people answers to the unthinkable even if it may be true or false.
>>
>>24796392
Religions are just humans trying to explain how the world works without any scientific reference, obviously the world must be have an origin or a creator and this creator's influences must be understood in a human manner(Jesus loves us) to get why the world works the way it does. Polytheist religions have deities devoted to many concepts since they literally thought every concept had a administrator or basically everytime you see Lightning thats Zeus. The afterlife is humans not realizing their selves are just chemicals and electricity in their heads and thinking they are special and must have some kind of existence beyond this material realm or something.
>>
>>24796343

>be ignorant
>realize being ignorant is suck
>oh shit pain is coming
>>
>>24796502
That was well put man. That is a great way to the whole the informed someone is, the more likely they might be more depressed because if people did think that they're "just chemicals and electricity in their heads" might easily make them a little more depressed. Nice response.
>>
>>24796519
Naw it's more the opposite. Overall hiding from the truth makes you happier. People turn their heads to many things going wrong in the world because they want to be happy. People who generally know more are more depressed then those who are less informed.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.