[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HIPSTER HATE!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10
File: hipster.jpg (295 KB, 1534x900) Image search: [Google]
hipster.jpg
295 KB, 1534x900
why do we hate hipsters again?
>>
>>24795392
why do u you hate them. I've never had a problem with them
>>
We don't. It's not 2010 you fuckwit.
>>
>>24795392
every hipster I've met has been really friendly
>>
>>24795458
Haha, it is indeed the current year!
>>
god

imagine grasping in your hand his warm, thick, long, pulsating, veiny baguette
>>
Because their existence is contradictory. Hipster used to mean someone who had a cultist view on culture. Now it's just skinny white guys with beards
>>
File: john-oliver-.jpg (38 KB, 480x540) Image search: [Google]
john-oliver-.jpg
38 KB, 480x540
>>24795458
I MEAN COME ON IT'S ALMOST 2016 HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SUCH A BIGGOT?
>>
>bratty sheltered twats who rely on daddy's trust fund to afford their expensive life style which ironically is supposed to project a sense of frugality

They're simply immature.
>>
>>24795496
Really. Thought the coin was termed from beatnik novelists who talked about hipsters (people who lay on their sides all day long aka heroin addicts).

I think intellectuals get branded as 'hipsters' who really are just posing for attention. The problem is when you're properly into something and nobody can relate or understand how your knowledge or passion for something completely dwarfs what they know about the subject so people just throw the term hipster at them or something.
>>
File: 2015-12-05_03-44-57.png (719 KB, 735x543) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-05_03-44-57.png
719 KB, 735x543
Because they're incredibly conforming despite trying to be non-conformist.
>>
sheep can't think for themselves?
>>
>>24795392
what kind of fucking bag is that?
>>
>>24795717
a mesh net beach bag.

for beach stuff, i.e towel, sun screen

though it is great for vegetation as it allows the veggies to breathe
>>
>>24795392
I don't, at least they have some obscure tastes, they are much more fun than normies and most of them aren't pretentious
>>
>>24795789
that bag looks pretty retarded t'bh, the contents can fall out
>>
Social climbers playing the long con
Likes your status to reach into your arms
Booze Coke and parties,
Creepy, thin and lowkey
From the country
Strike gold in the big city

5 to an apartment gentrify
Scoff at the people displaced who cry
Vegen Rooftop farming and coke
Raves tumblr and smoke
Blogs on tumblr on apple macs
While living off of foodstamps
>>
>>24795818
what hipsters have you met that aren't pretentious
>>
>>24795610

I think it's really sad that you went to all this effort to point out how stupid you are and how wrong you are about something.

To be a hipster simply means to be hip to current trends. Originally that was jazz and folk and beat authors and poets and generally the art of the day. Nowadays it's gone from a means to encompass that whole mid 00's fixie and stupid clothes and retro tattoos thing to basically covering everything middle class suburbanites who move away to gentrify do.
>>
File: 140630~2.jpg (25 KB, 344x225) Image search: [Google]
140630~2.jpg
25 KB, 344x225
Because they commit to a culture/aesthetic that tries to seem authentic but is completely contrived.
>>
>>24795717
13/11
never baguette
le original
>>
File: 1438472125703.png (502 KB, 600x587) Image search: [Google]
1438472125703.png
502 KB, 600x587
because they all think they are special and their women are all the same pretentious bitchy snob personality template and they all copy each other but get pissy when someone does something "similar", and also they're really dull and butthurt. Honestly the great majority of them think they are deep intellectuals but they're just white people who had no personality or distinguishing qualities who think they're expressing themselves by having a beard and wearing plaid. It's cause like, they don't like, follow the norm you know, they'd rather be in the 70s.... *scoff*
>>
>>24795831

Putting a wet towel in a bag that is made out of a non porous material is just a turriable idea.

the mesh allows the wet towel to dry.

its not for small shit.

r u retard?
>>
>>24795871

But there is no agreed upon hipster culture. You're just trying to mash together everything you don't like into one easy label and it's pathetic.

>>24795903

You're talking about pretty much every middle class young adult everywhere and then projecting your resentment and jealousy onto them.
>>
File: shit movie.png (1 MB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
shit movie.png
1 MB, 630x1200
Anyone ever see that movie, Perks of Being a Wallflower? Hipsters are like the faggots who are the supposed "protagonists" of that movie. Incomprehensible styles, attitudes, and tastes, pretentiously one dimensional, lacking all self awareness, and completely unlikable to the point of douchebaggery.
>>
File: 1448900482504.jpg (204 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
1448900482504.jpg
204 KB, 620x387
>>24795550
Dude no shut up, I am so in touch with mother earth and like, I don't think I was even a whole person before I got my $90 water alkalizer or $120 sheep dick pube scarf or my $300 recycled tin can bicycle with recycled dildo rubber for the tires, nobody else has anything like it and when I go for rides to the park to read Nietzsche, I know I'm the most special snowflake in my universe :{)
>>
File: file.png (737 KB, 1242x885) Image search: [Google]
file.png
737 KB, 1242x885
>>24795992
>water alkalizer
Is that like, some sort of fancy enema machine?
>>
I knew a couple. Did everything hipsters do: grew out ironic mustache, liked obscure movies and music, wore weird clothes, rode a fixed gear bike and violently denied they were a hipster.
>>
>>24795992
>implying hipsters actually read Nietzche
Nietzsche would have despised hipsters. They are everything he described about the weak decadence of society.

Hipsters love the IDEA of Nietzsche because they project their special snowflakedness onto him without ever actually having read his shit. When Nietzsche said that God was dead, he wasn't saying some "OMG so brave" punchline. He was saying that people like them killed him.
>>
>>24795868

I'm aware of the current context of how its used.

I think its funny that you couldn't pick up on what I was writing as just criticism of how it is used as a blanket term by people who don't have fully realised interests in things.

Oh that guy knows about coffee... Hipster!!

LOL those people listen to some fucking weird music that I've never heard of and stay up all night getting down to what is essentially noise.... HIPSTERS!!

WHAT THESE PEOPLE DONT DRESS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE FUCKING HIPSTER SCUMBAG FUCKS.... FUCK!?1/1//111111111!!!

PEOPLE HAVING TATTOOS. FUCKING HIPSTERS!!!

HAVE YOU SEEN ALL THESE FUCKING HIPSTERS COMING INTO OUR NEIGHBORHOOD INVESTING THEIR HARD EARNED PAYCHECKS INTO THE LOCAL SMALL FAMILY OWNED BUSINESSES11!22211!!! WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT MAN!!!
PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET HAVING AN OPINION AND TRYING TO DISCUSS THINGS ON A MESSAGEBOARD.... wait thats not hipster like because i do that. ILL JUST TRY AND PUT OTHER PEOPLE DOWN AND SAY THAT THEY ARE SAD BECAUSE IM INSECURE AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO POSITIVELY CHANNEL MY AGGRESSION!?!?!?!111oneoneone/1/11111!!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>24795962
No, people always think they're special so they turn to hipsterism for"self expression" as a way of drawing even more attention, they thrive off of being seen and their whole personality is based on being "cool", they'd rather be flashy and have people see how awesome they think they are. It's because they're hoping to get to the point where they can finally feel satisfied with the personality they contrived that they don't even realise what they are doing is not even living, it's exactly what the fake normies and chads and stacys are doing(everyone/everything is funny/awesome/popular/special) just with a 1960s twist and a Wes Anderson filter because #deep. Don't act like I'm not right.
>>
>>24796090
think your shift keys broke m8
>>
>>24795854
Ive met a fair amount of people who branded anything above their heads as pretentious. I think its a serious problem people have. When someone is using terms they don't know about. That makes them uncomfortable so they use some kind of derogatory word to put them in a box!
>>
>>24796156
protip (its not)
>>
File: 1445528457462.jpg (93 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
1445528457462.jpg
93 KB, 763x652
>>24795528
YEAH, FFS MATE. I MEAN COME ON. BLOODY HELL.
>>
>>24795831

I used to put my beer and sealed perishbles in a mesh bag like that when I was camping, tied to a rock in a river. Kept everything cold just like a fridge
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.