[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have what I call "autistic flashbacks"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
Does anyone have what I call "autistic flashbacks"? Its where you remember a traumatizing moment like its happening again due to a trigger. Like the super autistic cringe shit. I keep trying to get rid of them but they won't stop

>remember one time I went to a movie with my friend with 3 cute girls from the town over
>we just sat there and watched Alvin and the chipmunks without saying a single word and when the movie ended we just walked straight out
>>
>>24792807

We all do, it's the biggest problem with having nothing going on in your life: You end up dwelling on the past.

You gotta move past that shit, because ain't a damn thing you can do about events in the past except learn from them.

Maybe improve your life or some shit too. Distract yourself.
>>
i get this over things i haven't even done, just the thought of me potentially doing them
it's like i can't trust myself to not do autistic shit
>>
>>24792807
i am having them right now.
>>
File: 1448613212554.jpg (78 KB, 500x653) Image search: [Google]
1448613212554.jpg
78 KB, 500x653
>>24792923
I know this feel all too well blox
>>
You will never forget the memories OP

They will keep stacking up until you can't even get to sleep at night
>>
File: 2011-01-13-beartato-badmemories.png (73 KB, 800x1009) Image search: [Google]
2011-01-13-beartato-badmemories.png
73 KB, 800x1009
>>24792807
Everyone does this. It's one of the common human experiences like Deja Vu
>>
File: Sad Costanza.jpg (10 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Sad Costanza.jpg
10 KB, 400x300
>>24792807
>Grade 8
>Have to pick classes for Grade 9 high school
>Everyone picks on a scan tron type sheet while matching with another piece of paper.
>I get confused
>Suddenly realize everyone handed it in except me.
>The guy who was running the whole show starts leaving with everyone's paper.
>I panic and say "I-I still g-got mine".
>I start walking to the front of the glass while the whole class kind of laughs at me for being so slow picking my classes.
>Some chad says some derogatory remark towards me as I walk past his desk.
>I panic and don't know to say or do so I make a really loud farting noise with my mouth.
>Everyone including teachers and the guy showing/telling us about high school just look at me like I'm crazy.
>mfw the rest of grade 8
>>
>>24792807
Come on people.

Post your autistic flash backs
>>
File: Shoot Me.jpg (14 KB, 250x284) Image search: [Google]
Shoot Me.jpg
14 KB, 250x284
>>24794009
Wow. I have a similar story.

>Also Grade 8
>It's winter time
>Always got chapped lips
>Carrying around Burt's Beeswax chap stick in pocket
>It's the end of history class
>Stand up to walk over to my friends
>As I'm walking over to them the chap stick falls out of my pocket near where two Staceys are sitting
>One Stacey picks it up
>"You dropped this."
>'Th-that's not mine.'
>"It's okay, take it."
>'G-guys don't use chapstick.'
>"I don't care, just take it."
>'But i-it's not mine.'
>I end up taking it and shoving it back in my pocket before walking away
>For the next week I hear her telling the other girls about it

I have more, but I can never remember shit like this as until I sit down and really think.

Though I remember I pretended I was a vampire and even alien back in 6th/7th grade.
I'd even sometimes try to act like particular characters from movies and vidya.
>>
>get one of these
>say shit like "kill all niggers" to suppress them
Saying these violent words calms me down whenever I get them.
>>
File: 1366718567889.jpg (98 KB, 914x544) Image search: [Google]
1366718567889.jpg
98 KB, 914x544
>>24792807
>meet new friend when I start university
>relatively normal chap from oop north which means he's more gregarious and outgoing than most
>doesn't regard me as a total spaz
>invites me to go to a bar with a few friends from his hometown who are visiting
>3 very lovely girls
>music is too loud in the bar so I literally can't hear what the fuck anybody is saying
>come across like a mentally handicapped person since I can't engage with the conversation
>go to the club with them after
>rather unused to clubs so just trying to avoid looking like an autist
>try dancing with each of the girls in turn
>they dance away from me
>leave after half an hour and walk home nearly sober
>>
>>24795336
I'm kind of the opposite, I'll say something like "please kill me now" or "someone shoot me in the face" and it takes me out of the moment.
>>
Yes, I had them all the time, I "cured" myself with meditation, its not nearly half as bad as before, I can teach you if anyone is interested
>>
>>24792807
You just triggered a memory I had very clearly repressed for years

>kid invites me to his house for the evening
>turns out he is super poor, only has original xbox with a few games and one controller
>had his drawings from elementary school taped to his cracked walls
>father sitting on couch in otherwise empty living room drinking a beer
>mother makes us cheese and bread sandwiches
>he invites me to watch a movie with him the next day
>I agreed to it, and then he asked what time we should go to sleep
>I was confused, until he explained that he thought we were having a sleepover
>My parents picked me up just in the nick of time and I told him I would meet him at the theatre tomorrow

>tomorrow arrives, I showed up and we went to see the movie
>he was low on cash so I gave him enough money to buy the ticket
>we sat in complete silence and watched the movie, I think it was Yes Man, he didn't laugh once and shushed me when I tried talking to him
>after the movie was over, his mother was waiting outside and drove him home, I waited on the curb for 10 more minutes before my parents arrived

We were both 16 at the time, if that adds to the sheer agony of the situation. He never made eye contact with me again at school, until he was moving and gave me his Steam account so I could "stay in touch". I wonder if he still has me added...
>>
>>24795581
Yes, please teach me
>>
File: pierre.png (391 KB, 960x564) Image search: [Google]
pierre.png
391 KB, 960x564
>>24795621
All free games...
>>
>>24795639
OK, I must tell you however its still extremelly painful, especially in the beginning

Once you have a flashback of a cringeworthy moment in your life, don't try to make it go away, that simply doesn't work, you can't force yourself into NOT thinking about something (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironic_process_theory)

What you can do is try to live in that moment, and don't simply think about it and then move on, I mean LIVE IN IT, try your hardest to think about it and to use your imagination so you feel like its happening in front of you.

While you are imagining with the most details you possibly can, you try to make that scene happen over and over again while trying to feel nothing (I know its easier said than done) watch the scene happening over and over again while trying to not care, eventually you will bored of it and you will feel weaker pain.

I used to have it happening 5-10 times a day and it could paralyze me and it was extremely frustrating, I remembered all this stupid meaningless shit from the past, but after doing this for 5 minutes I spent days, even weeks, without it happening again.

Also I recommend meditation for anyone with anxiety problems
>>
>>24795539
Same, desu fameroni.
>>
>>24792807
just accept them
>>
>>24795764
How do I do normal meditation?
I've tried before but I'm horrible.
>>
>>24795914
its really hard, I can barely do it for 1 minute, and after 3 I get impatient and stop, just shows how awful my brain is at concentration
>>
It's symptomatic of depression or possibly a schizoid personality.
>>
>>24795953
Please teach me how desu senpai.
>>
i used to get these all the time

now i dont at all
>>
>>24796000
I already did: >>24795764

seriously this shit takes 5-10 minutes and you are cured

also some weird shit started to happen:

>I felt like shit but no memory came up with it, so it went away fast and causing little damage
>the bad memory came but without the pain, which made it uninteresting and easy to ignore
>>
>>24796092
But doesn't that just help with the cringe memories?
I need help with actual meditating.
>>
>>24792807
I get those OP, usually around a few certain events that, most likely, were something no one else even noticed. But I lay in bed pretty much cringing back and forth as the thoughts refuse to go away.
>>
File: 2UEk3QZ.jpg (17 KB, 527x612) Image search: [Google]
2UEk3QZ.jpg
17 KB, 527x612
>robot at uni
>friends with a normie
>he brings me to his normie friend's house for parties
>this friday we had a party
>get super wasted
>hit on girls badly
>everyone finds out
>everyone laughs at me and calls me a tard
>apparently asked a bunch of chicks if they wanted to make out
>mfw
>>
>>24796137
I am not good with actual 'standard' meditation
>>
>>24795764
>>24796092
this shit has been hapening to me multiple times a day for years. Thank you very much for the info, hopefully it'll work out for me.

Just wondering, do you know if there's a name for this phenomenon?
>>
>>24796249
Alright, thanks anyway. :(
>>
>>24796226
better than not asking them imo

at least there's always the chance someone says yes
>>
>>24792807

basically the whole of my secondary school experience
>>
File: 596.jpg (46 KB, 500x672) Image search: [Google]
596.jpg
46 KB, 500x672
>>24793100
You like Jazz, anon?
>>
>>24795366
That's rough, mate. I know the feels
>>
>>24796262
No, I searched about stopping bad memories and found about this "watching" method but the expert said you "watch" it happening once it comes but it only actually worked for me once I forced myself to keep doing it even when it wanted to go away

you deal with it like a child who runs away from a monster costume but when he stops running and look at it and touch it he sees how fake and pathetic it is, that's how I see it anyway
>>
>>24796226
Those normies are a bunch of faggots. You deserve a fucking medal for that
>>
File: tumblr_lp4wmsd0kr1qc8265.gif (471 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lp4wmsd0kr1qc8265.gif
471 KB, 440x248
>>24792807
>start taking antidepressants about 2 years ago
>literally all inhibition removed
>randomly get grill's number on fb
>start telling her autistic beta shit
>show up to her work on my bicycle
>keep texting her
>stop taking antidepressants
>ohfuckohfuckwhatdidido.jpg
>today, 1.5 years later pumping gas
>she pulls up to the same station with her cousin
>they literally drive away without filling up after seeing me
>mfw
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.