[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Meet girl on Tinder >Talk for days, gives me number >text
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: DabaaxK.jpg (171 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
DabaaxK.jpg
171 KB, 1200x1200
>Meet girl on Tinder
>Talk for days, gives me number
>text for days, hang out
>She's cool, she's aite
>Kinda normie.
>She LOVES me.

Told me about almost being engaged to a past guy she dated, gave me her Normiebook which is littered with those cheesy inspirational/religious pictures, and she wants to see me again really soon. Shit, robots, what did I do?
>>
>>24789466
Fuck her and dump her.

FUCK OFF ROBOT
>>
Do you like her?

Don't be a sperg, and try and make it work.
>>
>>24789548
She's an alright person, but I'm not filled with any warm, fuzzy feelings. I wouldn't mind hanging out again, I wouldn't mind sleeping with her, but that's about it.
>>
>>24789697
Then don't go for it, anon. I'm going on a lunch date later today though, and I always feel all warm inside when I'm talking to her.
>>
>>24789709
>feel warm inside
See, I'm not getting any of that. She doesn't really activate anything within me. I've been around people that make my butterflies flutter, and this isn't it. But she seems to really be going for it. Guh.
>>
>>24789765
How many times have you hung out?
>>
>>24789808
Just once. Had drinks and talked at a crowded bar. We close-mouth kissed at the end.
>>
>>24789829
I've been talking to this girl I work with for 2 months and I just realized what I had for her a few weeks ago. So, maybe it's not instantly?
>>
>>24789856
Peh, I dunno. I think I just can't decide if I just liked the fact that she liked me or if I actually like her at all.

The idea of just meeting somebody and ending up staying together and getting married and shit soley on the basis of "ey, you're kinda attractive and you're pretty chill" just seems so empty to me. Isn't that like Stockholm's Syndrome?
>>
>>24789709
Laf, lol, I just re-read this and thought you said "go for it." Whoops.
>>
>>24789934
Well, you shouldn't be thinking that far ahead to begin with. You have to get to really know her first before you even think about dating or marriage.

>>24790020
It's okay.
>>
>>24790055
Only reason I bring it up is because she did, more or less.

Asked me if I'm talking to any other girls on Tinder and I was honest and said yes.

The guy she was engaged to? Knew him less than a year.

In talking about future life plans, baby and family were definitely in her outline.

I just wanna hang and be affectionate with someone that makes me feel warm and fuzzy and if something serious comes out of it, then fine, but not planning like it's a checklist. Guess
>>
>>24790119
Well, now that you've said that I would say just drop her. Gonna end bad if you don't.
>>
>>24790140
I'll be diplomatic and hang a chill again, but make sure that if the question comes up: what am I looking for? I will be honest. Best I can do, I guess.
>>
>anon in a tinder thread says he always opens with 'Beautiful smile'
>might as well try it
>send that to a gril
>"Thank you :)"
>going all in now
>send "I'd love to see more of it over a drink"
>"Haha sure :)"
Too cringey? Not all that attracted to her, but would fug if I could. Would like to get a kiss before the end of the year, that way I won't have had any kissless years since 2010.

>tfw you look at your matches after a wank and suddenly realise that half of them only meet the "would fuck" threshold, and not the "would date" one
>tfw some are so boring that you just stop replying
>>
>>24790275
>>anon in a tinder thread says he always opens with 'Beautiful smile'
>might as well try it
>send that to a gril
>"Thank you :)"
>going all in now
>send "I'd love to see more of it over a drink"
>"Haha sure :)"
Too cringey? Not all that attracted to her, but would fug if I could. Would like to get a kiss before the end of the year, that way I won't have had any kissless years since 2010.

>tfw you look at your matches after a wank and suddenly realise that half of them only meet the "would fuck" threshold, and not the "would date" one
See, that's how I got in this situation, I think. Took the advice to swipe right on everybody to heart, also assuming that people actually use Tinder just to fukk.

If you have standards, stick to 'em. That's the lesson I'm taking away from this, I think.
>>
>>24790119
>>24790198
>tfw you know you want different things than the girl you're messaging, but you're still in the scarcity mindset, so you lie
>>
>>24790356
Yeah, I don't really understand why you'd swipe right on someone you weren't attracted to. I'm not THAT desperate.

>assuming that people actually use Tinder just to fukk
I used to think this, but now it seems like every girl is looking for a relationship on there. I personally think that it's because of those same thresholds I mentioned in the last post - the "would fuck" (straight away) threshold is higher than the dating one for women, and I meet the dating one but am not Chad enough for them to want to sleep with me. So they're all supposedly "looking for something serious" and "not into hookups" for someone like me, but still willing to sleep with chad if he comes along.
I might make a chad profile and see, actually.
>>
>>24790596
>Yeah, I don't really understand why you'd swipe right on someone you weren't attracted to.
Attracted to on a "would fuck" level, which is honestly pretty wide.

Say a girl has a rugged baseball cap on and a jersey and is all about football and Jesus. I'd fuck her, but I wouldn't date her.
>>
Fuck, now sitting on it, I've learned an important lesson today: your would-fuck and would-date thresholds really oughta be the same.

Also I just realized something else: There was a time where the people who are my current friends kinda weirded me out and I didn't like them, and actually tried to find new people to hang out with so I wouldn't get sucked in. Fast-forward several years and they're honestly my best friends. Fuck. Parallels.
>>
>>24790796
I didn't mean you specifically btw, I was referring to when people say "just swipe right on everyone".
And yeah, there's a lot of girls that fit into that category. I feel bad messaging them after a while, because they clearly don't want the same thing as me. And I wouldn't really want to be seen with them in public, harsh as that is.
>>
Tinder s actually working for you guys? Every time I use it I match with a few girls but I always quickly realize that they have soooo many options using online dating I asked a friend of mine who used a similar app and she had like 200 matches in a week. It's ridiculous
>>
>>24791186
>I asked a friend of mine who used a similar app and she had like 200 matches in a week. It's ridiculous

My friend that used it just swiped right on everyone, and most guys using it tend to do the same.

Though he majorly lucked out with it, and ended up being some qt nerd technician/researcher's fuckbuddy (inb4 Chad, he's ~5'8, glasses, visibly balding and a bit on the heavy side)
>>
>>24789489
>Implying he is a robot
>>
>>24791332
I think he was referring to the actual robot, the one that blocks posts.

This comment is most likely already original, but I would also like to say "Fuck you, robot."
>>
>>24791294
Yeah, but she was a girl and she just swiped right on some. I guess I just don't like online dating
>>
>>24791405
>know I can't compete with other guys
>best chance should therefore be to ask out women I meet in person, where it's pretty much just the two of us
>instead get tinder, where I can be directly compared to others and easily cast aside

Oddly enough, despite it being a terrible idea on paper, I've got a bit of an ego boost from it. I've had it since mid-October, and right now I have 45 matches. Sure, it's not Chad-/any woman-level, but it's pretty good for someone who assumed he was repulsive before. Like 45 different women saw me and thought "he is attractive enough for me". Feels good man
>>
File: arjuna2.jpg (19 KB, 404x344) Image search: [Google]
arjuna2.jpg
19 KB, 404x344
I think from now on I'm going to swipe more selectively and actually look at people's profiles before liking them. Fuck you, /r9k, for clouding my vision with the swipe-right-o-meter mentality. Only now, in this late hour, do I understand.
>>
>>24789765
She doesn't even activate your almonds?
That's tough man...
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.