[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your life goals? If you've given up, what were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
What are your life goals?

If you've given up, what were your goals? Why did you give them up?
>>
>>24787918
I wanted to learn Japanese, and live in Japan for at least a couple years.
I studied English and Japanese at uni (Italian yuroshit here, at least it was free) and I lived in Kansai for 6 months, and reached N2.
Met an Australian girl, moved to Aus, forgot Japanese... but things didn't go so well, I got depressed and suicidal working at a wagekek job down there. I met a Japanese girl that was there in exchange and I felt the spark again. I almost fell in love.
Now I'm back to Italshit, 25yo living with his parents not knowing what to do. I would like to go to Japan but I don't know how, and I forgot half the language... Plus my self loathing made my gf run away from me, so I'm single too.

JUST
>>
>>24787918
I want to design a bionic hand that is more advanced and capable than our biological ones. I'm studying bionics engineering now, so I'm doing what I can. Also I want to go to the MIT mechatronics lab sometime and visit Japan later on in my life.

I also want my best friend and my ex to talk to me again, but that will never really happen, so...
>>
File: wtfLOL.jpg (66 KB, 600x879) Image search: [Google]
wtfLOL.jpg
66 KB, 600x879
>>24787918
I wanted to major in English, and maybe one day teach college classes, but my father insisted I go to school to be a nurse. So I did. I hated being a nurse, so now I work a dead end job and travel faster and faster to nowhere everyday. I also don't talk to my fuckhead dad anymore.
>>
>>24787918
My life goal when i was a child was to be grown up and happy, i wanted to work with pcs, software/hardware.
I have given up on the happy part, soon i might give up on the latter.
>>
>>24787918
gross $200,000 per year.

currently make $35k/yr. was a med student but dropped out because i hated it, so i definitely had a chance to make that kind of money. going back to school for a masters in a high paying field. hopefully i'll meet that goal before i hit age 40.
>>
>>24788354
yessss, work harder
money will fill the gap in your soul!!!
yesss good goy
>>
At this point, all I want is to live somewhere in the woods by myself. But being an eremite these days is pretty hard
>>
Be an essayist. Live in a micro-apartment alone in NYC. Have a nice computer. Make HWN for fun.
>>
>>24787918
When I was 6 someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I lived with my grandparents at the time, who were retired, and it seemed fun since they just watched TV, looked for coupons for the grocery store, and went to the library. So I answered "I want to be retired!"

20 years later I'm a NEET. I'd say I accomplished my goals.
>>
>>24787918
I want to live in a small one-room + bathroom flat with good transport links and enough money to get high and play video games.

Seriously, I nearly killed myself last Christmas and I've realised there's nothing out there for me. Too much of a pussy to die, too much of a faggot to live well.

Thank you mental illness.
>>
File: 1443814173734.jpg (125 KB, 289x413) Image search: [Google]
1443814173734.jpg
125 KB, 289x413
Join the military.
Leave the military.
Become a mercenary.
Get killed/drink myself to death.
>>
>>24787918

My life goals:

>find a trade that makes me happy
I will start my apprienticeship as a watchmaker next year.
>get rid of my depression and all it's bad behaviors
Almost done.
>get a drivers license for cars and motorcycles
My family is poor as fuck, but at least I have a future now.
>Finish learning french and then italian and some asian language
I like languages, also it's good for working around the globe.
>become a successful artist
Either loads of dosh or art cred. Don't care either way.
>find a woman that can restore my lost hope in the female gender and marry her
That's the hardest part, because I think I'm a worthless piece of shit and they don't care about personality, so my empty coin bag will be a huge turn off for them. No chance.
>>
I've never had any goals. I was brought up in a society that demands that you have some sort of career dream or passion, but I never developed any interest in anything. I simply exist, following my survival instinct to avoid dying, but to be honest, it wouldn't make much difference to me if I was told I would be dead tomorrow. There really is nothing that grants me pleasure.

It's a shallow existence, but to be fair, I think any kind of lifestyle would qualify as being shallow in the greater picture.
>>
I have erectile dysfunction, I have no goals anymore.
>>
>>24787918
i want to be good at drawing, animating and 3dd modeling, its not original enough forthe robot tho
>>
>>24788080
Take a refresher course and it'll come back to you
>>
File: 1449366564610 (1).jpg (538 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1449366564610 (1).jpg
538 KB, 1680x1050
I want to work in comics. It is a dream of mine to see others read and enjoy my work. There's nothing stopping me from achieving this dream. I've been working on my art everyday, once I feel that my art is good enough to get my storytelling across I'll start up with a webcomic.

I also want to travel the world. I'm going to school to become a teacher and I plan on getting my TESOL certification, so I can teach English abroad. I love languages. I study Spanish for about 4 hours everyday. Once I feel that I'm close enough to fluency I'll move on to Japanese. It is a dream of mine to live abroad.
>>
I want to have the greatest man cave in the world!

I don't have any friends and I gave up on finding a girl a few years ago, but I have a fairly well paying career and dead deadbeat dad, so I've put in an offer on a house and I'm going to put a private cinema in it and basically disappear from the world.
>>
>>24789206
Yeah you're probably right. The only problem is I can't go back to the same uni where I did the undergrad (reasons) and here in this godforsaken land (SE Italy) there are no courses or anything apart from that uni. Plus NO JOBS.

So I need to move out. But I'm poor so I'd need to get a job somewhere... I don't even know where to go. I was thinking England maybe? Since I can communicate in English, I dunno.
>>
>Write CFA lvel 1 next year
>Finish graduate degree in Portfolio Mngmt & Financial Analysis
>Set up 100k portfolio while doing all of this
>Get a job doing something in finance.
>Finish level 2 & 3

If this doesn't happen, my life is over and Im killing myself. Can't imagine doing any other line of work.
>>
>>24788601

Good lad, way ahead of the curve. This is what I tell people now at 24.

Retirement is the only career option.
>>
Previous life goals, in order of giving up:
-Make video games (dropped because I'm a shit at graphic design and a slightly lesser shit at coding)
-Get a black belt (dropped because main instructor kept coming down with health issues, so the transition period exposed some really cult-like workings in the dojo)
-Travel to Japan as part of the JET program (dropped because I'm a shit at languages and I'm taking forever to finish my degree, plus I realized japs are xenophobic cunts with a remarkably efficient export culture)
-Salvage my Software Engineering degree and get a Masters (dropped because I fucking hate engineering software, and I fucking hate the self-fellating elitism every motherfucker involved in it seems to indulge in, from nominal authorities to motherfuckers with shittier degree history than me)

Present goal: finish the degree and fuck off to join ISIS or a job I won't get treated like shit at for being an underachiever, whichever is easier and less stressful.
>>
>>24787918
To get a girl like that to date me and then dump me, I am sick in the head.
>>
And I gave up on that because I'm not good looking enough to be considered date-able and my life has given me only bad things to talk about when referring to myself. I feel like a foreigner in my own land.
>>
My only goal at this point is to become forever NEET. Worked a lot saved some money, moving to a cheap place and society can just go fuck off.
>>
There is no point setting goals that extend beyond "Save up for this" "Go here, see this" and simple shit like that, I mean I'm not saying it won't work out if you don't try but you have very little control over what happens. In a sense, you can "make your own luck" but at that point you aren't setting goals, you're at the point where you're so driven you feel like you can manipulate the world. If you just pull some half assed shit like making a little to-do-list and putting stuff on there like "Make a family" just because it's what people do and it would make you feel like you belong, you're in for some disappointment. Get some real plans, don't want them that bad? Stop acting like you need to want something that bad. Either you do or you don't. And there is a chance you won't get it either way.
>>
File: ie96VMQ.jpg (296 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ie96VMQ.jpg
296 KB, 1920x1080
>>24787918
For now, nothing huge. Finishing school, get a 8-5 conservation scientist (government) job out here in the west. Something I can keep separate from my personal life while I figure shit out and do what I can to reach and maintain a productive and stable emotional state. Get fit, get back into /out/ hobbies like mountain biking, botanizing, birding, hiking, fishing and hunting that I haven't enjoyed while I've been at school. Get a dog, grow vegetables, join the Roman Catholic Church, learn Spanish, learn the piano. Do something that allows me to give back to others, even if in small ways.
>>
To have a stable well paid job and buy games, hardware, shit I like, to live alone in some good country
>>
I dont want to work in an office building with a bunch of fucking morons
>>
>buy a 1976 Cadillac
>buy some shack on the shores of a lake
>get a girlfriend and fuck her in every hole (the order might surprise you)
>>
>>24788601
Nicely done - I'm close to this too. How did you accomplish this?
>>
I wanted to make a video game. I was playing around with open source software for awhile, trying to hash out something basic, I never made any significant progress and gave up.

I used to want to be a successful violin player. I never got very far with it, but I do play a lot of guitar, and sing, even if my voice is terrible. Because fuck it, And I do it almost every day. Not particularly successful though.

I've always wanted to meet her, but she was always so far away. Now I have to watch her live a happy life while I am here crippled with loneliness and poisoned by my anger.

I've wanted to live out in the middle of nowhere, away from all the bullshit of the city, but my rash actions and heated temper effectively ruined my chances of that, for now.

I wanted to be an engineer once upon a time. Always fascinated by how things work and how stuff is put together, and I even got a little education towards that end, but not much, and I gave up rather quickly.
>>
>>24788080
>using italshit
>not using shitaly
>>
>>24787918
No.
This is a trick.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.