[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about the desu penalty? Is it ethically right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: dp.jpg (28 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
dp.jpg
28 KB, 460x276
What do you think about the desu penalty?

Is it ethically right?
>>
It's ineffective

Probably pretty satisfying though
>>
>>24786956
>It's ineffective

How? It eliminates criminals who have "tasted blood" as it were.
>>
is the word death filtered?
>>
You can't trust the government to do the right thing in situations like so
>>
>>24787042
It takes 20 to 30+ years for them to reach a point where they can be executed all while living in a cozy single cell. It wastes way more money than if we just tossed them together and let them murder each other
>>
>>24787430

desu

desupenalty

desurattle

Looks like it
>>
>>24786830
yes but not on the scale on which we use it. relegating most offenders to lives of productive slavery would be preferable.

source: former corrections worker
>>
Why is death filtered desu senpai
>>
>>24787518
>source: former corrections worker

Why the fuck would I put any legal stock in the words of a failed construction worker?
>>
As if death is a penalty
>>
>>24786830
It is in my opinion to be honest family
>>
>>24787042
>>24786830
there have been cases where criminals were cleared and proclaimed innocent after 20 years in jail
>>
>>24786830
putting them to use somewhere would be better and I don't see why they don't use firing squads and instead waste money on intricate execution methods that may not even work sometimes.
>>
File: 1446436075016.png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
1446436075016.png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>24787539
its called work in between semesters you fucking nigger
>>
The government is inefficient with the process. Also, as another Anon said, the government shouldn't be trusted with such a power. I think mobs or the victims should be able to kill the fucking animal (all violent criminals are nothing more than savage beasts). However, I think it should only be done when the crime is without a doubt proven. I think it should apply to murder, severe assaults, and rapes. However the victim must have been innocent. As in, a violent person commits the crime against some person for no reason. All other violent crimes should be dealt with as normal.
>>
>somebody kills 27 people violently
>but we can't kill him with a painless sedative that's unethical!
>the same people who say we don't need guns to protect ourselves will argue against the law's ability to permanently incapacitate convicts
>those same people will rant and rabe that the prison system is fucked
I want the liberals to leave
>>
File: 1440131132003.png (156 KB, 352x338) Image search: [Google]
1440131132003.png
156 KB, 352x338
>>24787719
what a shitty philosophy. these people are physically capable men. the only reason we put them behind bars instead of in the fields is because that would take money away from our jewish overlords.

>mfw we haven't nationalized agriculture in a nation with more incarcerated persons than anywhere else on earth
>>
>>24787580
Death Row inmates stay on Death Row for so long specifically to give them enough time to finish out all possible appeals.
On top of that, in most states where the Death sentence exists, it is either implicitly or explicitly stated that a convict may recieve the Death penalty only if the trial of their crime displays undeniable proof that they are wholly guilty - typically that requires a signed confession by the defendant, at the very least
>>
File: ted.jpg (29 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
ted.jpg
29 KB, 620x350
I think if we're going to do it, then we should do it right. Make it public, possibly pay-per-view with the proceeds going towards the victim family. All this him-awing around with years on death row and shit is ridiculous. Do it right or don't do it at all. And for the love of god make sure they're 100% guilty and not just some poor bastard on the wrong end of the legal system.
>>
>>24787810
>the only reason we put them behind bars instead of in the fields is because that would take money away from our jewish overlords.
Or maybe it's because history has shown that putting dangerous criminals out in the open with work tools leads to escapes and violent confrontations, dumbass?

>more incarcerated persons than
Oh shut the fuck up. You and I both know that 2/3rds of the prison population are there on trumped up drug charges due to the War on Drugs bullshit
>>
>>24787877
>And for the love of god make sure they're 100% guilty and not just some poor bastard on the wrong end of the legal system.
Sadly that isn't how the legal system works.
There are typically at least some implied standards for Death sentences (see >>24787838) but the American legal system doesn't base prosecution on the grounds of 100% proven guilt.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.