[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw You finally find out that your parents are kinda stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>tfw You finally find out that your parents are kinda stupid and not that great as you thought when you were young
>mfw I find them kinda pathetic
>>
>>24786687
At least they've had sex
>>
File: 006.jpg (207 KB, 980x550) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
207 KB, 980x550
This was a weird feel. Especially once I realized they have no financial sense and I'll probably have to be taking care of them.

That's one good thing about the neet vs wagekek threads. It's teaching people the importance of money and how retarded working for a living is. I plan on achieving financial independence and then dropping to part time, 48 to 96 hours a month and sticking some extra away just to add to my investments and the rest to spend on stupid shit like going out to fancy restaurants or my fancy whiskeys and wines. When it comes time I'll probably buy my parent's land from them and let them live with me, or have them sell it and live on mine if I have my own land somewhere else. I haven't really worked out the details on that part yet. They haven't really done anything with it in the last 10 years so I doubt they have any attachment to it. I like those tiny houses and could just build a little cottage around 600sqft. It has to be bigger since they won't be able to climb up into a loft at that age and I have to design the bathroom and walkways to accommodate difficulties with ambulation. Little things like walk in showers flush with the floor, not so cramped a walker becomes difficult to use, and lots of natural light coming in for visibility.

It will probably be fun though. I'll be set to retire close to the same time as they are so until they become totally crips we can have fun playing on the land together. Growing food, raising goats and rabbits,playing in the shop or studio, making beer, wine, and spirits,swimming in the natural pool(pic related, fuck sand though, pebbles, stone, or grass only) enjoying nights out on the patio. My siblings don't have much $$ sense either, but they're able bodied so if they want in on it they'll have to pay rent. I'll help design and build the houses for free though. 500sqft maximum because I don't want some ugly ass mcmansion shitting up my dream homestead.
>>
My parents were pathetic as hell
Only good thing they ever taught me was how to perfect the NEET life
>>
>>24786727
Lawd. Damn OP, you just got BTFO.
>>
>>24788211

Not really. Having sex is hardly an accomplishment. I saw two cats fucking just last week.
>>
>>24786687
It's almost like your parents are human beans
>>
>>24788270
Even cats are more socially competent than you, then.
>>
>>24788308

Not quite. Cat's can't talk. Do you even know what social competence is?
>>
File: 1420356010772.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1420356010772.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
>>24788350
>he thinks communication is 100% verbal

Seek therapy ASAP
>>
>>24788350
Are you autism
>>
>>24786727
Oh shit nigger stop the roast my friend
>>
know the feel OP. Don't really love my parents. Like them sometimes, other times I don't. That's how it goes I guess. I don't see them differently than any other person.
>>
>>24788412

Do you think cats are writing or something? I think you might be retarded, baka desu senpai.

>>24788449

No, this is Patrick
>>
>>24788075
500sqft is almost nothing. its a 20x25 room
>>
File: 1438966660961.jpg (37 KB, 775x235) Image search: [Google]
1438966660961.jpg
37 KB, 775x235
>>24788632
>he thinks all communication is verbal and wirtten
>>
>>24786727
#rekt
#shotfired
#supahotfire
>>
>>24788632
communication is only 7 percent verbal and 93 percent non-verbal. The non-verbal component was made up of body language (55 percent) and tone of voice (38 percent).
>>
> tfw your dad is a literal rocket scientist.

I dont know your feel familia
>>
>>24788680

500sqft is actually quite a lot, it's fucking ridiculous xbawks huge. It's what I would consider the maximum I would allow on my land. a 20x25 room is retarded. They'd need a kitchen and bathroom too. I sure as fuck am not letting them use mine. Look at those tiny house plans. There are people who have done houses that are under 150 sqft.
>>
>>24788799
>>24788929

Where did I imply communication was 100% verbal? I think you guys need to get checked for autism.
>>
>>24789056
your tone of course, it doesn't have to verbal see?

:^)
>>
File: ok.jpg (26 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
26 KB, 375x305
My dad is a religious conspiracy theoriest, he literally had us move out of the states (New England area) to east europe where his parents lived because he believed the end of the world was coming and that the bible said that america was babylon or some shit.

He has no job, drinks and does drugs all day. He doesn't beat us or anything, but he's completely pathetic. All his life he did labour jobs and was pushed around by people. He forgot things, had a stutter, was basically a walking retard. You feel bad for him, but then he tells you that you are going to die and burn in hell because you know how to operate a computer while he's technically illiterate.

He uses cheap chinese laptops as if they are disposable razors; breaks them one by one in the dumbest ways, always convinced that old acquaintances he's met/ the government is trying to hack into his computer. If he's not spilling drinks, accidentally stepping on wires or dropping the laptops, he's messing with the local network settings to the point where the computer doesn't even recognize its own operating system.

Doesn't really matter, all he does is spend most of his time on those websites that have completely red or black backgrounds with bold comic sans text in bright red or yellow in all caps screaming "AMERICA BURN ANGELS FALL DOWN HELLFIRE CORRUPTION LIZARDS ILLUMINATI"

He believes he's some kind of chosen one cause a jew shook his hands once

(cont.)
>>
>>24786687
welcome to adulthood OP.
>>
File: Cadbury+packaging.jpg (14 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
Cadbury+packaging.jpg
14 KB, 400x250
>>24789140
(cont.)

He's also financially retarded while boasting how well he handles money. He completely cheaps out when it comes to longterm items like tools, clothing, technology, and spends ludicrous amounts on delectables like food, drinks, etc.

Him and my mom share an astoundingly low level of intelligence; they are completely unable to operate basic things even when they have instructions or clearly labelled arrows or whatever, pic related.

Whenever they fail and give up on trying to operate something (usually a solid effort of 3 seconds) they say that the thing is an abomination of design and say it's typical engineering of [INSERT WHATEVER COUNTRY WE LIVE IN]. They say how they deliberately design things to be this complicated so they can make us feel dumb and make the engineers/ corporate people who made it feel smart.

My mom is a horrible human being. Every now and again she's bearable to be around, doesn't take things seriously, jokes about stuff. But then suddenly that all stops completely. She turns into the most pathetic narcissistic person imaginable. She makes my dad look like a holy saint with the amount of petty and ridiculous shit she pulls.

You've got the standard shit; threatening suicide with a knife in front of us when we were really young (7 or 8) over completely pointless shit that was usually up to her or my dad. She'd scream/ cry if we came up to her to ask for anything, sometimes basic shit like "Mom do you know where the soap is stored"
She'd start trembling her hands, whispering weird shit, then making us feel bad for interrupting her and putting her through so much work.
Like even when she's doing, we'd be nervous to approach her.

(cont.)
>>
I've known I was smarter than my parents for a long time. My dad is pretty clever but my mom is straight up dumb. Luckily her parents were very intelligent and so at least I didn't get raped genetically. Sucks to be her though.
>>
Who here doesn't really love their parents? I only have my mother, and though I don't dislike her in anyway, I don't feel any affection for her.
>>
>>24789488
my parents called me arrogant when I said that I think that I'm exceptionally smart so I didn't dare to believe it.

I'm glad I found a nice therapist.

I'm not even mad anymore. They'll just lead their meaningless fucked up lives. They could've listened to me. But their mental illness prevents them from doing so.

And I'll accept my loneliness until I meet someone like me.

>>24789547
I don't in the traditional sense. I have affection for her because she means well and she's so damaged that I pity her. I don't love her like an equal.
>>
File: 1449038148291.jpg (372 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1449038148291.jpg
372 KB, 854x859
>>24789454
(cont)

The thing is, it's clearly not some kind of PTSD from her childhood, cause in certain cases she switches it off. For example, you enter the room to hand her the phone because someone was calling her. She's freaking out until you say someone is on the phone, she breaks character, starts talking on the phone in her default voice.
I don't know if she was just doing it just to give herself leverage over us or something, but more and more instances popped up where she's crying and acting like she's dying until she figures out "oh here is where I put it" and resumes like nothing happened.
If you bring this behaviour up she's not ashamed of it, or tells you about how hard her life is.

We were also convinced that her life WAS hard, until we realized she was doing nothing but making a mess in the house. The only thing she could do semi-competently was cook from like 3 different dishes her mom in hungary taught her, wash dishes (but still sometimes gross mysterious shit was left on forks/ spoons/ plates so we washed them before eating anyway), and laundry (which was a nightmare; there was no schedule, our clothes would always go missing, laundry would be done waaaay too infrequently and we barely had any clothes to begin with due to being poor + constantly losing them)

It wasn't until I lived on my own with my dad for a bit when I realized she had been making our life hell; constantly taking stuff, re-arranging stuff, taking one thing and putting it in another place, losing stuff, unorganizing shit, re-organizing it but then quitting mid-way and not coming back to it
She would lose shit ALL THE TIME. Stuff that you just handed her, or stuff you told her to put in a specific location and watched her put it there. In 5 minutes if you went back and asked her for that item back, she would have lost it somehow.

She's completely lazy, never does any work, ruins your self confidence, makes you walk on eggshells, blames you or anyone else, loses shit...

(cont)
>>
yes eventually you realize they are just people, if you ended up here chances are they aren't even very good people.
>>
File: beans.jpg (14 KB, 577x148) Image search: [Google]
beans.jpg
14 KB, 577x148
>>24789658
truth. A toast for us.

pic unrelated
>>
>>24789110

I infer from your tone that you suck millions of dicks. Nonverbal communication is pretty fun eh?
>>
>>24786727
gg op just off yourself now LOL
>>
>>24789640
>>24789454
>>24789140

damn son, your story really made me feeling thankful for my family life
>>
File: saitaman.png (280 KB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
saitaman.png
280 KB, 600x352
>>24789640

(cont.)

Coupled with the fact that she's extremely petty and two-faced. She is extremely bad at pretending/ lying, even when trying to justify her actions. When she's nice among other people, she's horrible. When she's not among those people, she's immediately talking about how horrible they are.
Like she's one to talk.
She's vain, shallow, evil, talks about people behind their back to people who don't even like her. Nobody likes her, more than 2 minutes of interaction and the evil starts seeping out.

I can't express how bad she is at lying or just being human. She must have some level of autism, cause she's just completely ingenuine, talks like an idiot, puts intonation on all the wrong things... English wasn't her first language to be fair, but she speaks it... Fluently in a way where she knows the words and grammar, but sounds like a complete idiot in the same way someone from the south sounds like a complete cunt.

Well lately we live in England, and my dad still can't find a job. He has cursed out the tenant agency we're letting from over the phone, did legal highs, had nervous breakdowns and had to be subdued by police, "attempted" suicide by lurking around the train station and wanted to jump in.
But I know he's too pathetic to go through with it.
He's similar to my mom; blames everything on everyone else. Including us, his own children.

He's definitely the lesser of the two evils, but he's so incompetent that the empathy you have for him turns into bitter rage the moment he fucks something up so simple that had his and our whole future dependant on.
Like he'd literally be hired for a job, but in some weird turn of events he can't find the place/ person he talked to, assume he was let off, not attempt contacting them, and then get depressed about "how could they do this to me"
Or that call with the tenant agency; they're trying to get us kicked out and they're making it difficult to find any other place to live. Thanks dad.
>>
Only a degenerate would find his parents pathetic. Unless they're really, really shitty parents, you'd never find them pathetic if you're a normal person. Mine have a very old way of thinking and I'm not complaining about it behind their back to an internet forum. Go see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>24786687
Yeah, I figured that one out when I was like 5.
>>
>>24789875
how are you and your bro holding out?
>>
>>24789884
sounds like your parents aren't pathetic but have a very old way of thinking, if I read you right.
>>
>>24789547
My mother died ten years ago. I speak to my father maybe 4 times a year on the phone for about 10 minutes at a time.
I dont dislike him, but feel nothing for him.
I would never wish ill upon him but I hope he dies soon so I can inhert his house, sell it and fuck off to the Phillipines where I want to drink myself to death while fucking cheap hookers.
>>
>>24789966
They fit what OP was saying in the sense that

>tfw You finally find out that your parents are kinda stupid and not that great as you thought when you were young

I just don't find them pathetic for it, and nobody normal should. And I have fucking PDD.
>>
>tfw you're stupider than your parents
>>
>>24789991
he probably feels nothing for you either because you are a shit son
literally the worst thing you can be to somebody
>>
File: shiny jigglypuff.jpg (61 KB, 787x1014) Image search: [Google]
shiny jigglypuff.jpg
61 KB, 787x1014
>>24789946
2 other brothers, we're doing fine.
Where we moved to in eastern europe hurt our future. Bad.
We were failing all subjects besides english or maths; we spoke the language just enough to understand/ get by colloquial shit, but when it came to reading or academic subjects we couldn't keep up.

We felt hopeless, grades were slipping, along with our future. No jobs, low pay opportunities, you basically had to get ace grades to get through. I won't go into the details of the cuntiness of the shit that happened, but let's just say that these people weren't familiar with people moving here from the states and got really upset/ felt really empowered when they figured out we didn't have all the riches/ resources americans always seem to have.

The youngest out of us is over 16, so we aren't little children. We're getting good grades in college in subjects we care about/ have a good job market. Amazing opportunities are popping up; despite how horrible my parents may seem they at least don't TRY to stomp out our success.
They genuinely want us to be successful/ happy; my dad hates my mom (and also himself) so he kinda wants us to move away from that hell.
>>
>>24789999
some people are pathetic. nothing wrong with seeing things objectively. if you gain perspective on your own circumstances, then you can overcome them.

sounds like you are fairly objective if you are willing to call your parents stupid anyway though, you're just having some emotional reaction to the label pathetic.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R4G-BFSI6kU

Related. My parents are too stupid to ever think this way.
>>
File: VIP.gif (368 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
VIP.gif
368 KB, 500x375
>>24789627
there is no fucking concievable way this isn't bait

I refuse to believe there's a single person this retarded
>>
>>24790315
dude what, why is that retarded? is this bait?
>>
File: 000666.jpg (29 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
000666.jpg
29 KB, 500x328
>>24790367
Your superiority complex is more pathetic than a drunk homeless guy blaming the illuminati for his incapacity to take care of himself.

If you really are so smart and enlightened, you'd know that you are not smarter or more worthy than your parents, no matter how bland or stupid they may seem to you. No one will share your sentiment about how smart you are, not even other like-minded narcissists because that quality is inherently disgusting and petty.
You are not poised for self improvement, you don't even have an appreciation for how beautifully fucked up the universe/ society is. You have zero value in the philosophical, mental, or intelligent world.
I guarantee it.
>>
>>24789627
>projecting this hard

shiggy

diggery

desu
>>
>>24790469
I'm not him man. some people are smarter than other people, does this threaten you?

>an appreciation for how beautifully fucked up the universe/ society is
I don't know what this means, sounds like drug talk. damage is not a virtue.
>>
>>24790143
It is nice to see that you guys have a way out of that mess and that your parents are not actively against it.

I hope for the best for you guys. This really made me realize how easy I'm having it.
>>
>>24786687
>tfw you've lived with your parents for your entire life but feel like you barely know anything about them
>>
>My parents are just stupid
>I know this from the weak reductions I make from my minimal social interactions I have with them when I leave my piss jugged room for premade dinners
>>
>>24791179
Lamb mayo to be honest family
>>
>>24786687

It's even more disappointing when you realize that at an early age.
>>
>when I was a kid my mom always told me how awful divorce was
>gets divorced

Lel. Thankfully this was after I realized that divorce is much better than staying together and being unhappy. I still haven't seen either of them since my dad moved out; Christmas is gonna be weird.
>>
File: night time feels.jpg (927 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
night time feels.jpg
927 KB, 2000x2000
>>24786687
>tfw you woke up one day and there's no such things as grown ups, everyone's still just the same person they were in high school until the day they die.

I don't even know where to being with my parents. They walk around the house in their shoes and boots and when they track dog shit all over all 3 floors of the house they're like WHOOPS HOW DID THAT GET THERE. Our house is like 50-60 years old and I think the only thing that was ever changed in my lifetime (I'm 30) was the windows and a couple of toilets. Our master washroom is the size of a closet, I don't fit in the tub at all and there's no vent anywhere so everytime someone takes a stinky poo it just hangs out in the house forever until I open a window and get yelled for opening a window. Every year my parents are like "oh we'll fix this or that thinga next year". Everytime I went to some other kids' house or and then later friends' appartments I was AMAZED that they had things like a finished basement, vents in their bathrooms, double sinks and even a washing machine, etc.

They were always just scared of technology as well. We didn't get a computer and printer with the internet until 2002. I was 17. They're absolutely amazed that I know how to turn switch to a DVD players on a TV or how to burn a CD, and they think that I'm lacking motivation to become the next Bill Gates or mark Zukerberg, but I'm a fucking idiot who grew without that technology and I know just the most basic things. I used to think that CPU was just shorthand for "computer".

I wasn't allowed to use the kitchen until I was 20, couldn't do my own laundry until I turned 30 this year, what else...

and those are just the physical things, emotionally and psychologically it's a whole other bag of cats. They basically played "good cop, violent psychopath" with my siblings and I.

Thanks for letting me vent OP.
>>
>>24791486
>(I'm 30)
>a stinky poo
>I don't fit in the tub

Kek'd hard
>>
File: 1449095025843.jpg (69 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
1449095025843.jpg
69 KB, 338x450
>>24791486
This guy takes the kek
even a wizard holy shit
>>
>>24791614
I'm living the life anon.

my dad takes a shower RIGHT after taking his morning shit and just lets the entire fart-steam mix hang out around him and he ends coming out smelling worse than he did before and also my room is right next to the washroom so everyone takes a shit and/or takes a shower it all drifts towards me. I now have an ionizer, fan, and dehumidifier running 24/7.
>>
>>24789140
>be white
>fail this badly on ez modo

How?
>>
>>24791779
Actually I did have sex with a handful of girls over the years, last time was almost 6 years ago, my last real relationship was almost 8 years ago.

So I'm not a wizard, I'm just a old shut-in who masturbates to memories of when I used to have sex.
>>
>>24786687
I learned my parents were poor retards by roughly age 12. Shortly after, I also realized my life was going to be miserable because they have no connections and I'm going to be forced to a similar pointless wageslave life.
>>
>>24791486
may as well write chapter 2 to this personal blog.

My mom was a real helicopter mom who would have come home and eat lunch with her when I was in school, luckily that came to an end starting grade 7 but still that did me no favors at all to learn to socialize with other human beings.

My dad on the other hand was a fuckin asshole and just an overall negative nancy. Bringing home a report card made me absolutely nauseous because he would have us stand there as he took his sweet farting time to scan over each grade, not praise us for anything at all, and always find the lower grade even if it was well above average. Because of that I stopped giving a shit trying to impress him with grades and just always scraped by, but starting in high school when I would get stuck on some things I would ask them for help and they wouldn't know anything.

Basic high school math and chemistry and just regular school stuff. It was as if these people never went to school past grade 6, and yet they're both university graduates. They were even more useless in college (but luckily by then we had the internet), and then WAY more useless when I tried to get into IT and web design.

My mom thinks that facebook and hotmail are the same thing, and everytime I use the family computer, which is really only my dad's now, there's at least 7 new toolbars and 8 cool new viruses. He tried to play a Powerpoint presentation on a DVD player the other day.

There are just so many other small things that add up. On the off chance that my dad actually does the dishes, he'll use floor cleaner. I could write a whole book on these.
>>
>>24791856
Foreigner. It's actually still hard, even if you're white, but this may be due to a degree of incompetence.
I think the fact that he's foreign magnifies the incompetence.

He had a shitty childhood himself ; my grandparents basically wanted him aborted but he lived because my grandmother would die from having one more abortion at the time. They dressed him as a girl/ pretended he was their daughter till the age of 5, they even have a framed picture of the family with him dressed as a girl.
His dad basically used him as slave labour on a piece of land that he bought. My dad, between doing gymnastics/ pole vaulting/ crazy shit in school, had to work on fields (money went to the dad) and also fix up this piece of land. Basically build it from the ground up.
His older brother got everything; my dad was never meant to exist so they basically abused him/ never spent anything on him. One time though, he was given cake but couldn't eat any until he got home from school. When he came back his brother had eaten it, acting all smug about it as well. This pattern basically existed through his life.

His brother even points at the framed picture and makes fun of him in it. It's that level of fucked up.

All sorts of weird shit happened with his family, like his father being taken away by the city council/ held prisoner, idk the details.

There's A LOT more fucked up shit with how spoiled his brother is (and how wasted it is on him)

My dad moved to america to basically gtfo, did semi-successful in those years with what little he had. He never had help from his parents.
>>
>implying I didn't realize they were both pathetic sad sacks who hated and awoke me at night with their domestic violence on each other way before I started developing some admiration for them
>still find them pathetic for different reasons
>>
>>24788632
Basically, without anymore skirting around the issue, you haven't had sex yet. No matter what mental gymnastics you try to exercise to justify it, the truth is it means you're a socially incompetent piece of trash.

No accomplishment, title, reasoning, or feigned self-confidence will ever take away the stark truth of the situation. Your primary purpose is to procreate and pass on your genes. If you never do that, you're a failure to yourself and your bloodline. :)
>>
File: 1449182043669.jpg (79 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1449182043669.jpg
79 KB, 496x499
>>24792435
Life must be very empty for you if that's all you sum it up to
Even the suicide shooters and their gay manifestos has more purpose than pathetic fucks like you, cause instead of passing the baton to their pathetic children to accomplish something they at least apply their life to something
>>
>>24792435
one owes shit to their bloodline, fuck procreation!
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.