[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
facebook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: facebook.png (33 KB, 1000x347) Image search: [Google]
facebook.png
33 KB, 1000x347
Let's talk about how fucked up social media are.

Everyone just posts to make themselves look better or get likes. No one posts what they're really thinking or mean what they say. It's all image. It's an online representation of your social status. If you don't have it you're weird, and if you have you have an empty profile people will probably avoid you. The only reason I use it is to get files for uni.

What's to enjoy?
>>
File: 1448826117819.jpg (232 KB, 500x630) Image search: [Google]
1448826117819.jpg
232 KB, 500x630
i only use r9k and youtube,
i really don't understand all those teens who get so excited about a few likes.
the fact that most girls blur their profile image and edit it a lot to cover pimples and scars triggers me, if i would want to meet her and she's been lying all this time, would give her a slap or two.

welp, thankfully we are not forced to be normies.
>>
So I can keep in contact with all my addict friends from rehab.
>>
Nothing you're right. I use it to stalk my exes and look at hot girls
>>
>>24784721
I used to kinda use it but now I haven't posted in 7 months and haven't gotten a message in 2. Profile pic is from February last year too
>>
>>24784908
did you like the site? I mean i've heard people say it makes them miserable to look at all these people who exagerate how good their lives are.
>>
>>24784953
I've always preferred 4chan desu, this site actually engages my brain. And yeah, it does make you feel shit on the inside a bit, seeing everyone uploading pics of their night out, or with their friends, but at least I can see through how fake it all is, so that makes me feel better.

Also, all the people sharing 'funny' pics and videos. I mean come on. All that shit is recycled and is dumbed down to pander to the lowest idiot so even they laugh.

Arguably, it's more of a shithole than here.
>>
Besides 4chan and Youtube (if those even count as social media sites), the only one I use is Facebook. Don't really post anything on it, but I just to see how people I used to care about at one point in my life are doing. Like I haven't seen my best friend from high school since we graduated six years ago, but it's still nice to know what's going on in his life a little bit.
>>
>>24785018
i guess that is nice. But I think you should see him irl though, it's not the same when you're sitting behind screens.
>>
Some girl referenced my name in a post to some dumbfuck black lives matter video.

No context. Not like, "hey anon, you should watch this." Nope.

Just my name in a comment under the video. What the fuck am I supposed to do with that? I'm not arguing with dindus on Facebook for some broads amusement.

Wtf? This was a week ago and I still don't get what she was trying to accomplish here.
>>
>>24784721
Social media isn't bad or good. It's a tool.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ogqqS0p80
>>
It's creating quite narcissistic assholes, also it's all fake shit, most people that I know have miserable lives but appear to be all happy on their facebook, instagram etc
>>
Used to have fb and twit back in high school. Used to be 'into' social media.
This was before old people used it, it was an easy way to talk to my friends (we all came from MySpace and aim).
Senior year realized what a fag I was and deleted everything but youtube.
> feelsgoodman.jpeg
In the last year I got instagram and snapchat. Honestly, instagram is really cool if you follow actual photographers/artists/cool people. I like it's based around the pictures and not the text/comments. It let's the picture speak for itself. Snapchat is cool too cause people are a little more personal with it and you can see a different or more 'natural' side of people.

I agree with
>>24785691
Tho. If you use it correctly it can be a tool for your business, art, or brand.
>>
>>24784721
I remember being in eighth grade too.
>>
>>24785691
that dude is a faggot but he has a point.
However i was the thread is about the culture that arises on social media at qmall scale, not E-celebs. I'd say the culture on social media is shitty for everyone (robots, normies and the attenion whores)
>>
>>24785879
what do you think about it then wise anon?
Also social media hasn't been popular that long, pretending you're more mature then everyone by saying that is illogical even though i know you're exagerating. What's your point of view anyway?
>>
>>24784721
My facebook is filled with people bitching Edinburghs foeth road bridge is closed and they wont be able.to go to.edinburgh.

WE HAVE ANOTHER FUCKING ROAD BRIDGE AND A RAIL BRODGE.
>>
>>24784837
>girl.works besode me
>fat as fuck
>uses app to make her skinny
To what end, we all know shes fucking huge.
>>
>>24784721
>everyone this
>no one that

That's bullshit. I have plenty of FB friends that post what they think/feel all the time, wether its something acceptable or not. Seriously, it only depends on your social circle. Life isn't black and white, and not every normie is a Chad.
>>
Facebook is literally middle aged vapid whore:the website.

Of course nothing good can come from it, just look at the userbase. Any website with women is not a website worth taking seriously.
>>
>>24784721
>make stupid post about animals in my yard
>15 likes
>make post with me holding a beer at a sports gme
>20 likes
>make stupid post about dumb shit I do on vacation
>40 likes, someone opens chat to talk about it
>make a well reasoned politically oriented post about a policy issue rather than petty TRUMP IS MY PRESIDENT shit
>1 like
>be real about how my life feels completely empty and I spend most of my free time in mental masturbation
>0 likes, 0 responses

People just respond to incentives on fagbook. Nobody wants to hear the sad stories.
>>
>>24786180
yeah I guess you're right, but wouldn't this only work when you have few facebook friends? I would like to post stuff if only people I actually know well saw it, but the thing is there's so many people that would see your post. most facebook users have around 300 friends (I think). HOw can you ever post something knowing all these people are watching (and judging if you post something in the least way controversial.)

Come to think of it there is one dude I know that deleted 100's of friends that used to talk shit about him in school and bully him after he left our school. He seems to be doing allright. He often posts comments on interesting stuff.
>>
>>24786337
>HOw can you ever post something knowing all these people are watching (and judging if you post something in the least way controversial.)
You give zero shits because what they think doesn't affect you in any way

They never talk to you to begin with, so what are they going to do? Stop talking to you?
Are all your real friends going to side with them out of peer pressure?
>>
>>24784721

I don't have Facebook and no one cares.

I used myspace pretty much from beginning to end, and that alone taught me how stupid social media sites are. I had Facebook for a couple years, but it was the same crap with a more basic layout. No one says what they really think because they have their entire extended family and work colleagues on their friends list, so any content that gets posted there is lame.

I'd rather talk to people here because anonymity creates honesty.
>>
>>24784721
>The only reason I use it is to get files for uni.
Ssame
>>
>>24784721
>be mark cvckerberg
>repellent jew bag
>shekels on his mind and his mind on his shekels
>gets made fun of for jew nose
>crushes on Stacy sitting next to him in class
>"Why won't she notice me..?"
>sees Chad getting all the girls
>Stacy has to go get ploughed by Chad's best friends Brett and Jeremy
>Stacy and Chad part ways
>the Zuck looks at Chad checking out Stacy's ass (which is mostly a gaping hole under those clothes after all the dicks she has taken)
>the Zuck follows Stacy and noticing the tomfoolery happening
>takes pictures of the event an anonymously sends them to Chad
>Chad comes to class looking pissed
>the true embodiment of gorilla warfare
>bunch of yelling, arguing, and drama in the middle of class
>students are eating this shit up
>everybody wants to know what's going on?
>Zuck, the cvck, being the jew that he is, knew he could monetize on this.. somehow
>"The more information is available on the daily lives of people.. the more drama.. everybody wants to know who's fucking who, who's cvcking who, and-- the Facebook."
>>
>>24786577
you're right but not everyone thinks tht way. On facebook a lot of the posts are still superficial/for image, I wish I had more people that posted interesting stuff. That more of my friends were like you (at least in the way they voiced their opinion)
>>
>>24784721
The most terrible invention of human kind since the atomic bomb.
>>
>>24784721

The worst part about it is how it practically offers nothing, no culture, no understanding of anything, it's just a big, vanity wank hugbox for people with emotional problems who want to seem like they are good people for pretending to care about problems they are apathetic towards.

>>24788696

>Most terrible invention of human kind since the atomic bomb
Social media is fucking terrible but remember it wouldn't have proliferated without the handiwork of iphones and mobiles.
>>
>sign some longass terms of service so they can moniter every keystroke (even unsubmitted) you make (how fb was able to recover the san bernadino terrorists post when it was taken down)
>every page is monitored by analytics and metrics xss
>known cooperator with government in prism and police
the only reason anyone is on it is because everyone is on it because the media campaigned behind it so they could get analytics.
>>
I mostly use it to read news, keep up with family members across the country, and keep tabs on the relationship status of whatever girl, or girls, I am fixating on at a given moment. I update a short, lighthearted literary blog every once in a while because I like seeing what friends think about the books I'm reading or want to read, and discussing topics of interest with them. Also, it's nice to have a platform where I can bitch about things and give praise where praise is due. I've also shared about 20 songs I've recorded and made into simple videos because yes, I do enjoy the very minimal attention and praise I receive in return, and you kind of have to promote yourself in order to get anywhere in the music world. It kind of sucks, but it's true. I want to make at least a part time living someday as a musician and I really need to have my work readily available to anyone who wants to see it at any time in order for that to happen. Not many people give a shit about me or my work at the end of the day, sadly, and I don't like how much time I spend dicking around on facebook when I should be doing work.
>>
I use it as a way to confirm that she doesn't give a shit about me and that she hasn't simply forgotten to text back because she's here posting a picture of her fucking nails 5 hours after she dropped out of a conversation she started.
>>
the "humor" on facebook is what gets me the most. NONE of it is ever funny and people always post the crying laughing emoticon or "IM DEAD XDDDD". It's fucking retarded. Normies also don't know that 99% of those videos are fake just to get views. they actually think its real.
>>
Did you guys has those weird post-ironic fanpages in murica tho?? Memes are trendie now
>>
>>24790616

LOL becoming popular and thrown in our faces everywhere was the beginning of the end.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.