[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who fell for the college meme here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
Who fell for the college meme here?
>>
>>24782422
forced into it
>>
>more questions

ah but it doesnt work like that.

i hold the cards, not you. you must please me.
>>
I fucking knew it. I knew college was stupid and overrated.
>>
>No student loan masterrace reporting for duty
>>
>>24782422
>tfw have never fallen for any meme in my life ever
jews hate me
>>
I didn't fall for it I got coerced into it by my mom and now I'm going to fail out and likely be homeless because no desire to do schoolwork or actually and parents gonna hate me
>>
I fell for the STEM meme. I am not good at computer science.

Still, I managed to summon all my guile to get through it and tear its heart out.
>>
>you can't become a doctor without going to uni
I had to fall for it
>>
>>24782553
Well? Are you working in the that field? I'm trying to get AS in computer security
>>
I did, but I'm getting paid enough by the government to fund my audiophile needs

>tfw bought a $1000 DAC/amp and due to purchase a pair of $2000+ headphones

Sure I'm in debt, but I just don't give a shit anymore
>>
>>24782422
Parents pushed me into it. Despite hating every bit of it, I made it through.
>tfw it didn't change anything
>>
>tfw boomer parents fell for the whole 'go to college and people throw jobs at you meme'
>no desire or interest in anything in particular, chose History from playing Paradox games.
>senior year
>mediocre grades, no internships, no job prospects
>debt out the ass, parents cosigned loans so not even killing myself will get us out of them.

JUST
>>
>>24782631
Iktfb
>mum is doctor and dad is bio professor at uni
>pretty much forced to go to college
>not that interested in medicine, study physics instead
>always get BTFO by parents about how physics is useless even though they're the ones who forced me to go in the first place
It's like they're the polar opposites of /sci/ desu senpai
>>
Yep. Great grades, scholarships, publications. No one will take me even for an internship, and unemployment is looming.

That said, I don't imagine I would have done much better "in the real world". The world as it is simply doesn't need men like me.
>>
Yeah, parents forced me into it. Bad thing now is I'm failing a few classes and I took out like $8000 in loans before so I might be fucked. Then again I barely made it through high school, I don't know why my parents thought it was a good idea for me to go to college.
>>
>>24782749
I can't even get an interview.

I literally have a college degree and McDonalds will not even give me a job interview.
>>
File: all_smiles.jpg (8 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
all_smiles.jpg
8 KB, 188x268
>>24782471
reporting in

feels good to know i could major in fucking ass-hair braiding because no debt so no need to worry about getting a job by graduation. at a top uni, too.
>>
>>24782810
They can't admit to themselves that they didn't have genius offspring.

They were hoping your grades just meant you were "misunderstood."

When they figure it out, they will not love you the same as before.

I know, because I'm there. You think your parents love you but they love the idea of you. they don't even know who you are and if they did, they'd tell you to get out of their house.
>>
My parents are pushing me into it right now. I'm living with them overseas, working a mcjob. They told me it's bad that I have no friends, spend all my time at work or alone in my room, that I never go out, and that I don't show any drive to do anything else. I don't have much time. They told me I need to give them a plan for what i'm going to do, they're strongly coercing me into college. I tried military but got turned back for health reasons.

Any advice?
>>
>>24782899
>any advice
lol what advice are you even asking for?

just get your shit together, grow up, and go to university(if they're paying :)
>>
>>24782877
You're probably right, man. My father has always blown up at me over school. Says he cares about my future but he just wants some way to validate himself, after the rest of his kids were fucking failures.

I want to do something that doesn't make me want to shoot myself like school does, such as being a freelance programmer or translator but all that shit probably requires a degree.
>>
>>24782845

Have you tried going into the store, asking for the manager, giving him a firm handshake and telling him you won't leave until he gives you a job?
>>
>>24782957
Most parents don't realize that their kids aren't going to do what they are 'supposed' to do.

It takes a while for them to figure out that their kids are actually real people, unless they aren't complete idiots.
That's my experience anyway.
>>
>>24782981
Seems to be most prevalent among baby boomers. Then again, most younger parents are negligent as fuck so I guess it really could be worse.
>>
>>24782937
>(if they're paying :)
They are not.
>>
>>24783251
then only go if it's like 10K a year or less.
>>
>>24782899
Lists the thing you want to do in life. If thats playing vidya 24h/day thats fine.
With that list create multiple plans how to achieve that.
voila.
Remember that you have to compromise.
>>
>>24782536
I count 6 memes in that post alone. so your wrong.
>jews
>green text
>tfw
>saying meme
>thinking life is real
>using ever for emphasis
Jesus man im embarassed for you.
>>
>>24783452
I don't know. I want basically exactly what I have going right now:
>no debt
>my own room
>money to afford food, whatever else i want
>internet
>live somewhere that isn't a crowded city
>a job that i can tolerate
The only thing I want out of life that I don't already have is that I want to live alone. So basically my life goal isn't to gain anything, it's just to sustain my current lifestyle, but on my own instead of with my parents.
>>
>>24782553
Same here, man. I should've figured my school maths performance was my brain's way of telling me to look somewhere else.
>>
>>24782899
Point out how unremarkable your grades were, and get ready for a shouting match with them until they give up. Drop 4chan for a while and look for capsule hotels or something that you can live in with your mcdonalds budget, just in case.
>>
I fell for it. I'm in my senior year with dogshit grades, probably a 1.8-1.9 gpa after this semester. Never studied in my life, couldn't be assed to give a shit.
I'm just going to move to Poland and enjoy life on ez mode as an American in Poland. Hot kurwas here I come.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.