[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Occasional lurker and shitposter here. How many of you play instruments?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: StockhausenKH-Foto-WDR1.jpg (1 MB, 2303x1654) Image search: [Google]
StockhausenKH-Foto-WDR1.jpg
1 MB, 2303x1654
Occasional lurker and shitposter here. How many of you play instruments? There isn't a board dedicated to this, so let's see what you faggots do.

I'm a synth player, pic related, actual picture of God.
>>
>>24782409
I strum my cock a lot, does that count?
>tfw musically handicapped
>>
>>24782409

I used to produce shit on Fruity Loops, but that was back in my acid days so I had a little bit more creativity and time to make it.
>>
I play tenor and alto sax and trumpet. And for a year in high school, the french horn.
>>
I play guitar, piano and bass. Also used to play organ at my local church.
>>
played guitar for a few years, just got into producing 'edm' (for lack of a better word) about a month ago...

like, so many uninspiring artists are signed to labels nowadays, beatport top 10 sounds like shit, I think I can do better but I'm not 100% sure.

game plan is spending the next little while writing songs, testing to see if I can write songs to a decent level musically and with a consistent style/sound, then if I can... grinding my production skills and approaching labels wish me luck senpai
>>
>>24782409
Troll thread?

Synh isn't an instrument
>>
>>24783043
depends if he claims to know how to program synths, otherwise he's just a keys player
>>
>>24782409
I used to play bass guitar but right now I don't really have time to practice. I used to be in metal band that actually played OC not just coversl but we are not rehearsing anymore.
>>
File: lel.gif (2 MB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
2 MB, 260x173
i play the pipe, lol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Px3eb_-Kw
Who here /drums/?
>>
>tfw played the memepipes
>tfw one octave and retarded scale

should've played accordion or guitar
>>
>>24782409
I play guitar, bass and keyboards.

All of them badly
>>
been playing piano on and off since I was 8 or so. I'm still bad. Also picked up a guitar not too long ago and made quick progress but idk where to go after having acquired a good beginner level.
My main motivation in getting a good career is so I can afford a bunch of nice instruments desu
>>
Piano, guitar, bass, a little bit of cello and harmonica. Also vst instruments if those count.
Here's a track where I play most of those:
https://soundcloud.com/asavary/spires
>>
>>24783092
programming synths isn't playing an instrument tho
>>
>>24783043
Sure it is, although they can be any instrument really (depending on how good of a program you have, and obviously they aren't perfect). At the very least you need to know how to play a piano to be able to play on effectively. They're basically just small electric pianos

With that being said I can play guitar, piano, and alto/tenor sax quite well. I can muddle my way through on most string instruments though (bass, mandolin, banjo, etc) except violin and cello, and can keep a beat going on a drum kit but I'm not really that good at all at it. Also played clarinet in school (was a prereq to play saxophone at my school, even though sax was easier) Parents made me take piano lessons and then I found out I liked guitar and have been playing instruments ever since
>>
I play the cello.
>>
>>24783325
>programming synths isn't playing an instrument tho

on it's own, no, you're right.
programming and playing synths together IS playing an instrument. its definitely different because it's something that lets you create 1000's of sounds so easily, rather than be stuck with a box with at best 20 different timbres to choose from. I regard it in the same way playing electric guitar is different from playing acoustic guitar, because of the differences in sounds you can make as a result of amplification (see: jimi Hendrix, metal music, ...)
>>
>>24782409

I never thought that I'd ever see someone here on r9k who listens to Karlheinz Stockhausen, lol.
>>
File: Metallica-Cliff-Burton.jpg (112 KB, 600x779) Image search: [Google]
Metallica-Cliff-Burton.jpg
112 KB, 600x779
i play the bass, pic related, actual picture of God.
>>
>>24782409
I am too poor to have a synth. I just produce cool sounds on softwares. I made some robot sounds today. Producing tracks occasionally is fun too, if I have creativity, but my main concern is sound itself.
>>
>>24783974
>metallica
top kek
>>
>>24782409
I kinda want play instrument, but i am retarted and have no money. I really like music tho
>>
>>24782409
Played the violin with members of the LSO and in the Royal Albert Hall. It was very rare for me to actually find it fun.
>>
>>24782409
So OP plays the skin flute. Makes sense.
>>
>>24782914
How to get into organ??
>>
I play the skinflute

hahahahahaha get it?

hahaha, it's my dick.

hahahahahaha
>>
>>24784811
>play piano
>be a christfag
>???
>profit
>>
We have a music board....
>>
>>24783156

Sup drum bro. I've been saving up for a new kit since mine is shit. Can't wait to finally upgrade.
>>
>>24782409
Guitar, Drums, Ukulele, Harmonica, Ocarina, and Keyboard. Seven years of band with a lot of free time will do that to you.
>>
>>24782409
I have been playing saxophone for a year now. Wish I had started much earlier (was 26 when I started). Although I could have never done that during my really long and bad anxious NEET phase.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.