[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>download some shitty TV show on a whim >it has a short
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
File: 2brogrils.jpg (60 KB, 631x470) Image search: [Google]
2brogrils.jpg
60 KB, 631x470
>download some shitty TV show on a whim
>it has a short character who literally exists just to be a target of unending barrage of manlet jokes
WHAT THE FUCK
Why is this allowed? Imagine the outrage if some tv show had a homosexual character who's constantly made fun of or a woman who's made fun of for being a roastie.
>>
The show big bang theory is also making fun of aspies.
>>
manlets when will they learn

fuck off robomoot
>>
>>24782093
so get outraged wtf?
>>
Because society likes to treat the weak as less then nothing. But not all short people are weak? A short person is more likely to be weaker then someone taller.
>>
>>24782179
It doesn't make sense. Shortest man is still stronger than a tallest woman
>>
>>24782221
That is true but women don't defend themselves they rely on their partner to
>>
>>24782093
no one cares about manlets desu senpai
>>
>>24782093
/pol/ here. It's because the jews. I know outside of /pol/ this is a big meme that everyone laughs away, but if you pay attention you'll notice an overwhelming trend of all jewish owned media pushing interracial relationships, homosexuality, kekolding, and the humiliation of men. This is especially true when it's a show who's target demographic is women because they've long ago learned how much easier to manipulate women are.
>>
>>24782370
People have always hated manlets. Even hitler hated them.
>>
>>24782394
yes yes I grew up with "hitler hate everyone who wasn't blonde hair and blue eyed!" too. I won't even argue with you if you're still this far in the blue pill.
>>
>>24782394

This to be honest. This is why Hitler killed Hitler
>>
>>24782423
Manlets have always been a joke of society. This is nothing new.
>>
>>24782441
Manlets have never been attractive. They've always been unappealing, but they used to get wives and shown respect all the same, as did most men in society. It's the modern western media who has created an entire culture out of making men feel like shit about themselves in any ways possible to turn them into loser neets who never go out an procreate. This is how they kill a culture and replace it.
>>
>>24782462
They still do get wives if they aren't mentally ill, have a healthy social life and a good job. Losers don't get women regardless of height unless they are 10/10 in looks.
>>
File: bloodyelll.jpg (18 KB, 400x322) Image search: [Google]
bloodyelll.jpg
18 KB, 400x322
>>24782370

>This is especially true when it's a show who's target demographic is women because they've long ago learned how much easier to manipulate women are.

Suddenly it all meks sense...
>>
I love tall men, but I'd give a manlet with a great personality the time of day. The one that are butthurt about it are insufferable though.
>>
the real problem with this character is then emasculation of Asian men. I don't see them complaining.
>>
>>24782221
>Shortest man is still stronger than a tallest woman
Err...
>>
>>24782441
>>24782462
alexander and genghis were manlets
>>
>>24782093
Whats wrong, manlet? You couldn't pass primary school?
>>
>>24782477
>They still do get wives if they aren't mentally ill, have a healthy social life and a good job. Losers don't get women regardless of height unless they are 10/10 in looks.

Exactly. But AND HERE'S THE IMPORTANT BIT as OP and many others may have started picking up the clues on, the media is doing absolutely everything it can to make these men feels like shit and turn into losers.

It's always been true that manlets are unattractive. It's always been true manlets can succeed if they don't let it affect their success and their personality. But it is only recently in human history that the media does absolutely everything it can to make manlets feel like shit and not try to succeed.
>>
>>24782532
The media is just picking on Asian men and emasculating them like it always has
>>
>>24782093
Imagine a manlet angrily pecking away at the keyboard with his little fingers and taking sips from his sippy cup as he paused in between sentences.
>>
>>24782370
I'm inclined to believe this, and to add I've noticed a trend that really seemed to have caught fire in the early nineties where fathers are portrayed as bumbling fools

I hypothesize the motivation behind this trend is to make fatherhood undesirable in order to further the agenda you describe

Anyone who listens to women's comedy will find that women think in terms of societal norms
>>
>>24782579
women are described as being nagging
>>
File: 6054425188_7f650baa7a.jpg (181 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
6054425188_7f650baa7a.jpg
181 KB, 375x500
>>24782571
>He's sitting on a stack of outdated phone books and swinging his little legs freely as if he was in the baby swing at the park again.
>>
File: 1429499267761.png (34 KB, 684x528) Image search: [Google]
1429499267761.png
34 KB, 684x528
any manlets feeling small, just lift for a few years. im serious. i already know about "le compensating meme" but who cares, you will command more respect, and even if people have things to say, they'll keep their mouths shut.

The best part is if worse comes to worst then you have a powerful body that can rek most tallfags
>>
>>24782370
You're reading too much into it.

You're no better than the feminist who say men are pushing women stereotypes in gaming when a large percentage of gamers rarely apply games to real life.

The same can be said about women, they're not going around with the philosophy they got from TV shows, neither are you and I. We recognize it's entertainment. So much so that we can turn away and continue our normal lives.
>>
File: 1448080653205.jpg (439 KB, 1256x1028) Image search: [Google]
1448080653205.jpg
439 KB, 1256x1028
>>24782579
You are on the right track my friend. You've noticed the methods that are being used, dig a little further and you'll find the motive and who's behind it
>>
>>24782639
No everyone is dumb and sheep minded like you
>>
>>24782628
>6'4" 200lb never work out
>absolutely rekt some 5"9" "bodybuilder" manlet a few years back

Sorry bro but weight + height is better
>>
>>24782659
well if you get a 5'8-9 guy who is the same weight as you or heavier, and has powerful legs, you're proper fucked m8
>>
>>24782629
Only a fool or someone without a life would admit that they apply fictional scenarios to their real life.

This is why there is no arguing with his type. He sits on the internet all day so his life has become what he see on the internet. Don't blame him or get mad, just pity him and ignore.
The only reason he says these things is because he's the one applying fictional scenarios to real life and he assumes everyone else does so, when in actuality no one gives this many fucks about tv.
>>
>>24782629
>The same can be said about women, they're not going around with the philosophy they got from TV shows, neither are you and I. We recognize it's entertainment
You're forgetting one thing: they're women.
That is all, and please don't even bother replying if you're a woman yourself.
>>
File: 1448947881274.jpg (120 KB, 878x599) Image search: [Google]
1448947881274.jpg
120 KB, 878x599
>>24782629
Right. It's all a coincidence. Good goy.
>>
>>24782667
Yeah, but the average Manlet isn't my weight. I've never met any that are close
>>
fuck the media, just go out and get stocky as FUCK! Having confidence despite the downpour of media, will show your strength and mental will to go on. While you should expect some rejections, just take it lightly and accept it like the alpha you are. Some grills will see you as doubly confidence and to them it will be really sexy. Now Asian guys and manlet's can do it, you just need a larger confidence boost, think of it this way; you'll be mentally more powerful then the average tall white guy and having a not give a fuck personality will put his him to shame. Yes there's some things you'll have to deal with but I'm this will work, try being autistic and having a job even making friends, now there's a shitty existence.
>>
>>24782677
>You're forgetting one thing: they're women.
But also adults who're not gonna make life altering decisions based on fiction. On top of that, they're normalfags so they recognize these shows as fiction.

>>24782684
Yea, imply that i'm a Jew.

Also keep posting quotes from random Jews who have little to nothing to do with the discussion at hand. This is classic /pol/ posting.
>>
File: 1448872047732.jpg (671 KB, 1245x1236) Image search: [Google]
1448872047732.jpg
671 KB, 1245x1236
Nothing to see here. Just make sure you know girls only want tall black men and that you shouldn't bother to talk to them or ever have children! Look how pathetic the short man is on TV! good goy!
>>
>>24782703
well i'm 5'7 weighing in 215 right now. granted im 25% bf and need to cut, but after that i should be 170 or 180 lean. then after that, i might just leave humanity behind and get on the sauce and go into the 200s lean
>>
It's kind of funny when white men start crying about how bad they have got it with stereotypes and the media tearing them down. Try being an Asian man or a black woman.

This character is pretty much a waking Asian male stereotype btw
>>
>>24782723
Ugh, this was a simple fucking thread and you're shoving this shit down our throats.

There needs to be rules against this shit. I'm okay with /pol/ posting when it's necessary, but no one in this thread asked for all this shit.
>>
>>24782588
I won't dispute that big often times they're the moral compass
>>
>>24782723
>Nothing to see here. Just make sure you know girls only want tall black men

Pfft yea right nigga. The amounts of tall bold black men in the television game who're dating white characters are easily shit you can count on 2 hands.

Stop dragging us in this shit.
>>
>>24782722
>But also adults who're not gonna make life altering decisions based on fiction
Women are not rational.
>On top of that, they're normalfags
normies are not rational
>>
>>24782784
I like this show but I'm not gonna dump my short Asian bf because of some goofy character
>>
>>24782675
To suggest media has no resonance on culture is naive

Also your response was a long winded ad hominem attack. Rude
>>
>>24782784
You do realize half the characters in fiction are short right?

One show isn't going to make an entire fucking country of women break up with guys who are below 6'1"
>>
I'll stop /pol/ posting and leave, but seriously. Just take a moment to think about how hard this shit is being pushed more and more and how much momentum it's gained in the last 50-75 years. At some point you're going to notice enough to realize it's no coincidence.
>>
>>24782800
You might internalize connotations towards him as a result
>>
>>24782704
God tier advice. I'm 5'8" and live in Asia where I'm considered tall (or average, depends) and I realized I got laid just by having self-confidence and not giving a fuck. Imagine a 19 yo loser with the sudden realization.
>>
>>24782093
2 broke girls is really good though
>>
>>24782841
If that was true I wouldn't have started dating him in the first place. Most men aren't 6'1. Maybe if you took a bath once in a while you could get a wife.
>>
>>24782779
Right. That new stars movie isn't a big deal or anything. No one will watch that.
>>
>>24782839
a small trickle of water will eventually corrode a boulder
>>
>>24782865
That is one movie. Actually, if you pay attention there are more black woman/white male couples on tv than the other way around...
>>
>>24782860
I believe that you're a woman
>>
>>24782811
>To suggest media has no resonance on culture is naive

I never suggested this at all. To suggest media has an effect on a person's individual life, now that's something else.

Women aren't turning down short men because of some TV show that they're watching a few hours a day. A personal life has way too many individual moments for you to base an assumption that women are just going out shitting on short guys.

Keep in mind that short men make up a majority of the population, so on average they'd be dealing with short guys more than they do tall guys.

There are more than one or two things that effects a person perception on a group of people and while I will admit media does play a role, unless it's Fox or some other news outlet telling them to do so, they won't take it seriously.
>>
>>24782880
>That is one movie.
>star wars

Right. No big deal, like I said.
>>
>>24782897
Individuals aren't participants in culture as a whole?
>>
>>24782897
>Women aren't turning down short men because of some TV show that they're watching a few hours a day.
You missed my entire point. My point is that men are being convinced to stop trying for women because of the media narrative. Not that women are turning down men because of it.
>>
>>24782912
It's actually telling Asian men to stop trying. They still have plenty of good looking white guys on the show to even things out.
>>
>>24782865
>Right. That new stars movie isn't a big deal or anything. No one will watch that.

People will catch that.

No one will want to go pick up a black BF because of it.

Simple as that.

Someone said it before, fictional books,movies, and TV shows have little to do with the average normalfags life. Maybe on here or on sites where the individuals have little excitement in their personal lives, but the average normalfag isn't trying to mimic his/her life after some shitty movie. At least socially wise.

Also you said tall black man, but Boyega is like 5'9". He's a fucking manlet.
>>
>>24782667
Most tallfags don't really exercise at all since their height does everything for them, similar to how women get pampered due to tits/ass/vag. Only thing short guys need to do is get a bit built, the difference in strength and explosiveness between a person who exercise and one who doesn't or rarely does is extremely large. The reach advantage that tall guys have is significant but the vast majority have no idea how to use it which if anything just makes them cocky with absolutely nothing to back it up. Never be that short angry douchebag though, nobody likes that guy. Short guys just need thick skin.
>>
>>24782919
What's the issue with this
>>
>>24782922
>5'9
>fucking manlet

There you go. Good goy! Remember if you aren't at least 6 feet your a manlet and should never have children!
>>
>>24782911
>life has way too many individual moments for you to base an assumption that women are just

Oh no they are, but how much of a cultural impact does this show have? This is my first time hearing about this show.

Also, thinking about it, for a piece of entertainment or entertainments to have an impact on a society culturally, it'd have to become the norm. As a norm this isn't common.

At least not for women anyway.

For years, media outlets have always portrayed the main hero as some tall towering hunk of a man and the comic relief is some short cowardly piece of shit. This can be dated back to some of the most popular works of fiction, not just now.
>>
>>24782975
The point is that it's not this show. It's EVERY show and movie and everything else that comes out of western media in the last 50 years. It's progressively getting worse and worse and picking up more momentum constantly trying to make men feel like shit about themselves.
>>
>>24782897
What the fuck do you think culture is? It's the sum of every individuals behaviour and views. One of the dumbest posts i've seen in weeks, media is up there with genetics and upbringing/home environment etc, easily one of the largest shaping factors.
>>
The media shits on short men because you are in fact inferior
>>
>>24782093
You have whims that led you to download and watch a show called "2 Broke Girls."

Dude you might want to see a shrink.
>>
>>24782912
>You missed my entire point. My point is that men are being convinced to stop trying for women because of the media narrative.

You're wrong though. Maybe you are, maybe /r9k/, but men as a whole don't give a fuck about their height if they're used to socialization. You can't treat your case and the cases of Anons on this board like they're the only men in the world. This is only a tiny fraction of society and it's not like the whole board is insecure about their height, i'm sure, there's many shortfags who don't care on a day to day basis.

Even if you don't think that's so, maybe YOU should stop letting these shows dictate who YOU are. This is an issue falling back on you not being fulfilled as a man.

Once you're fulfilled as a man, these problems rarely scratch your surface. I'm not gonna say it won't bother you, but it will less so because you have something else going for you.
>>
>>24782897
Short is relative, in no way can short men ever make up the majority. Jesus christ this is some next level retardation.
>>
>>24783030
I'm 6'2 lol. However many people it affects doesn't change the fact that it's trying to have that affect. You'll only see it get worse and worse as time progresses
>>
File: fig,grass_green,mens,ffffff.u6.jpg (45 KB, 556x350) Image search: [Google]
fig,grass_green,mens,ffffff.u6.jpg
45 KB, 556x350
LIFE IS HELL AND DEATH'S A BITCH
>>
>>24783051
I keep hearing this, but honestly I don't see shit getting worse.

Glass half full.
>>
>>24783044
Obviously me and him have some middle ground of what short is. If we're referring to the Asian in the show.
>>
>>24783097
You're looking too small scale then. I'm talking about decades. It is magnitudes worse now than it was 50 years ago, and I'm terrified to think of what our grandchildren will be subjected to and how they'll turn out.
>>
>>24783051
>However many people it affects doesn't change the fact that it's trying to have that affect.

What affect is this exactly? The effect I see is a comedic effect.

Something light hearted, something that only someone with a paranoid and bitter perspective can see as problematic and get triggered by it. Something that no one with a normal social life will take serious, not now, not ever.
>>
Well at least that character is actually short,he's 5'1,less than Kent,almost a midget.The problem would be real if he had an average/a bit short height and he was still ridiculed for his stature
>>
>>24783097
Fair enough. I could just be more aware of things than I used to be, but I notice quite a bit of these things in real life. Especially at educational facilities and in political discussion with others irl
>>
>>24783116
Only time will tell, but I have faith in mankind.

Faith in mankind that nothing tragic will happen and faith that if it does, they'll be able to piece it together again.

We've come this far.
>>
>>24783132
In the hypersensitive pc society we are growing in to short males are underrepresented and discriminated against more than any demographic

I doubt anyone would care if everyone wasn't supposed to walk on eggshells in regards to oh idk Islamic terrorism and overweight women
>>
>>24782628
>buff midgets command respect
wanna know how i know you've never left your room?
>>
>>24783173
>In the hypersensitive pc society we are growing in to short males are underrepresented and discriminated against more than any demographic

This just reads delusion. I want to see these hordes of women running around calling out short guys or discriminating against them.

They're not, not being allowed in restaurants or eating under the table. People get shitted on for being too fat, too skinny, too ugly, too socially handicap, and too short. This is just one of those things.

People love to point out what they view as flawed.

And just because SJWs condemn it, doesn't mean that people aren't laughing at fat women or choosing to mate with them just because they feel bad.
>>
File: 2 Broke Girls.jpg (897 KB, 1585x2132) Image search: [Google]
2 Broke Girls.jpg
897 KB, 1585x2132
>>24782093
It's actual a stereotype freakshow. Every single character is a stereotypeof something and made fun of.
Of course most offensive against Han, THEIR BOSS. He should've fired them a thousand times. Not only do they make fun of his height, virginity and race but also often act like he is a woman.

But even the other characters no one makes fun of, they make fun of themselves, the Polish woman always talks about how shitty and medieval it is in Poland, the old black guy makes racist jokes about slavery and drug dealing all the time and so on...

I still enjoyed the show for some time.
Mostly because of my hair fetish for the blonde one and sexist sense of humor
>>
>>24783249
Fair enough but there are programs specifically for women at colleges and in many businesses

Men are discriminated against 2:1 for jobs in which both candidates are qualified

It is socially acceptable to make fun of height blah blah

I could go on but I'm tired. You make decent points and just because one is true that doesn't mean the other is not, otherwise that's a false equivalence

Take care lad. Also I'm 6'1 before you assume I'm just a mad manlet
>>
>>24783199
well i leave it 4 times a week to go to the gym, and the thicker, stronger guys command respect, regardless of their height (until about 5'4-5'5" or so, after that is kill yourself tier)

in the real world, i have never heard a single snide comment about me, never had anything said to my face since i got sickened. the lanklets know they can't back their shit up if they start it.
>>
I'm usually whiteknighting here, but this shit really makes me mad

Literally EVERY show for women has to have this one short, ugly guy everybody just makes fun of. I mean, i hate these "joker" characters. While the main character is crying and getting sympathy left and right and living its serious life, there is this one guy, and no matter how shitty he feels, what injustice he has been through, or who hurt him, they ALWAYS just laugh at him. And he has no choice but to start laughing with them. The main character gets to cry, to get hugged, to get support or even love, but the only think the joker character gets is laughter.
This makes me so mad.
>>
>>24783361
Yeah it's just sadistic. Also the actor must have a ton of self esteem, not to take all the insults personal, I mean they go against his real appearance.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.