[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you cope with the fact that you will never live in an anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1427281773849.jpg (560 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1427281773849.jpg
560 KB, 1000x1502
how do you cope with the fact that you will never live in an anime?
>>
>>24781061
but I did for a short time. it was exhausting because I don't have that much energy to be so animated

c wut i did ther
>>
>>24781061
Lots of drugs and escapism. I'm trying to fry my mind so I feel like I'm in an anime.
>>
File: tweltgh.jpg (9 KB, 178x283) Image search: [Google]
tweltgh.jpg
9 KB, 178x283
I can't cope with the fact I'll never have the adventures I need to. I wasn't meant for this world. I feel like I can only use half my brain. Does it ever get any easier?
>>
>>24781113
same except it's already pretty fried
>>
>>24781113
this t b h, do molly and nbome every week, and smoke weed every day
>>
>>24781791
>tfw too broke to smoke every day as a neet
>tfw can't smoke all day with a job
>>
File: Endymion.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Endymion.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>you will never live in Academy City

Just end my life
>>
>>24781061
You will someday live in anime, anon.
VR and stuff.
>>
>>24782085
But when?
It doesn't seem like true VR will come anytime soon
You know, the kind of VR that allows you to forget your own life and live in an illusion forever
>>
File: 1434483648642.jpg (80 KB, 753x800) Image search: [Google]
1434483648642.jpg
80 KB, 753x800
You had 1 job.
>>
>>24782098
Well, to do that you need true artificial intelligence. That's not really a problem that anyone has been solving. We've been getting good at layered neural nets and other tricks like that for learning algorithms, but mimicry does not understanding make.
>>
>>24782120
And true AI will probably never be developed in our lifetimes. So there really is no hope
>>
>>24782132
If you're familiar with kabbalah and elemental magick, the OSI stack and RESTful architecture work as modern equivalents. I wager that ancient magick contains the blueprints for true manmade agents.
>>
>Been attending uni in Japan for a couple of months
>Have had several anime-like experiences

Feels nice OP, feels nice.
>>
>>24782120
we're not working on it much right now because it's not viable yet

http://opencog.org/about/

>OpenCog is an open-source software project aimed at directly confronting the AGI challenge, using mathematical and biological inspiration and professional software engineering techniques.

AGI = artificial general intelligence = human intelligence

As for when it works who knows. There's always the optimists.

>OpenCog is an ambitious project with many challenges. We are however confident that our design and software is capable of human preschool-level intelligence after years - not decades - of sustained effort along our roadmap. After that, progress will become increasingly rapid.
>>
>>24782162
could you explain that in layman terms
>>
File: 1293661691879.png (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1293661691879.png
2 MB, 1280x1024
>>24781061

I tend to "animefy" my surroundings, I imagine myself in my own slice of life anime, I live and work by myself so it's fairly easy to stray off into my own little world, It may sound feeble describing it like this but imagination can be quite powerful. Feels good, mane.
>>
>>24782165
but i already dropped out of uni and gave up on life
>>
>>24781095
haha have a (you)
>>
>>24782342
i think thats cool anon and thats only what matters
>>
>>24782197
>it's not viable yet
How can you say that computer understanding is not viable yet if there is no publicly-known algorithm to measure our computers against? Hypergraphs are a neat information mapping method, but there's still no core of understanding without understanding what can be done with that information.
>>24782301
The OSI stack is a model that describes the successful transfer of information between two agents. RESTful systems allow you to perform basic operations on information (adding, removing, updating, listing). Adding these together, you get a system where you can communicate. OSI is implemented on the Internet as TCP/IP, and REST is actually derived from HTTP.
>>
>>24782554
>layman terms
>>
>>24782587
Nigger tell me what you don't understand. I can't keep guessing at how you're potentially retarded.
>>
Realistically speaking, how many years until I can make sweet love to my waifu and interact with her like if she were a real human bean?
>>
>>24782873
not in your lifetime
>>
>>24782964
it could happen if someone thinks up how.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.