[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /toolate/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: givemehislifeplease.jpg (596 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
givemehislifeplease.jpg
596 KB, 600x900
That feel when it's too late to accomplish your dreams. Wish I could play in the NBA but I'm 19 and am just starting. Honestly I wish I could restart life at 4 years old and start then. Why the fuck is my brain even allowed to feel these feels? To want what can never be received?

Every time I see Stephen Curry play I just want to die. I'd sell my soul just to live his life and have his skill.

Also
> tfw 5'10 King of Manlets.

Just fucking kill me already.
>>
>>24778336
maybe you can't make it into the NBA, but if you work hard enough maybe you could make it into AND 1 or somewhere abroad

most players reach their peak around 30, who knows what you could accomplish if you dedicated the next 11 years of your life to this goal. if everything you did was solely to improve your chances at realizing your dream.
>>
>>24778336
>>24778542

also they measure you with your shoes on, so you'd be around 6ft which is the same height as Chris Paul, who's essentially the second best overall point guard in the league, arguably the best true point guard and I say that as a dubs fan
>>
Same here but I'm 21, never grew tall enough although I can beat anybody in a game of pick up ball. Wish I could have taken HGH in my youth, I would definitely sell my soul just to be a wing or forward on some shitty team let alone have the talent of the most dominate player in the game today
>>
>>24778336
5'5 manlet here I would sell my soul for your height, think of it that way bud
>>
>>24779399
But you can just save up 200k and get world class limb lengthening surgery and be my height in 3 months.
>>
I want to be a professional boxer but I'm 25, at the most i could get some amateur fights but i could never be a contender or reach my full potential.

Feels really fucking bad.
>>
File: 1430806569704.jpg (94 KB, 800x417) Image search: [Google]
1430806569704.jpg
94 KB, 800x417
>>24778336
>tfw 20
>tfw will most likely never be a seal in the next 7 years

I don't know, I just don't have the personality for it but it's the only thing that interests me.

>there's 17/18 year olds in BUD/s right now and seals younger than me that have done more shit in a year than I've done in my life
>>
File: madman.jpg (155 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
madman.jpg
155 KB, 1200x1200
>>24778336
Dell Curry, his dad and former NBA player has been grooming Steph since the beginning of his life.
Some would argue that even though his brother Seth still made it Dell still spent most of his time grooming Steph. Steph curry didn't decide one day he was gonna train and be in the NBA, it was practically decided from his birth.
>>
File: visualize.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
visualize.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>24779556
If I'm 21 is it too late for me? Any advice?
>>
Just take solace in the fact that even if you did dedicate your life from a young age, it would still be highly improbable that you would have enough natural talent to be worldclass at your chosen craft.

Hard work is important, but you can't beat hardworking talent.
>>
>>24779578

>could never be a contender or reach my full potential.
>Feels really fucking bad.

This makes tears well up in my eyes.. Times like this I wish there were a god that cared.
>>
>>24779652
Quoted the wrong one. Meant >>24779556
>>
>>24779652
don't blaim god, it isn't his fault if if he real or not

it's yours
>>
File: allen iverson.jpg (644 KB, 1981x1793) Image search: [Google]
allen iverson.jpg
644 KB, 1981x1793
I'm lucky, most of my dreams are business/intellectual so I don't feel that biological clock ticking away, just the endless minefield of distractions and the dead-ends of bad ideas.

I feel for you OP, but what about coaching? I mean, if you love the game so much, surely coaching or even working for a team in some capacity is better than nothing? You could play in semi-pro league I'm sure, there's a lot of monstrous point guards who are relatively manlet. Pic related.
>>
>>24779688
Well then call it fate or whatever the fuck you want to call it. The reason why I was born poor as fuck with shitty everything and someone else is born to an NBA father and follows in his fathers footsteps. I'm gonna kill myself I'm just debating when the best time to do it would be. Hopefully I can respawn in a better life. No one should have to deal with this pain.
>>
Holy shit dude this is my life

I was actually really fucking athletic when I was 4-6 but because I kept getting picked on I tried to avoid going outside

I'm also naturally good at math and science to the point where I could get by with Bs without studying, but I also had no ambition- again, because I tried to stay sheltered

I wish I could go back. I could be both a total chad, AND be at a ivy league school. I regret almost every decision I made in the first 16 years of my life

Fuck
>>
>>24779641
You're probably in the same boat as me, There are exceptions to the rule but if you didn't get started as a youngin then it's probably too late.

You'll need to train for at least 2 years before you even get into fighting shape to get an amateur fight so you would be 23 (28 for me)
Not trying to bring you down just trying to stop you from wasting your time and getting your hopes up.

>>24779652
;_;
>>
>>24779745
Same. I wish my parents had taught me valuable life skills like commitment and dedication but what the fuck can they teach me when they divorced when I was 5 and didn't do shit with their lives. So many things I'll never do.
>>
>>24779839
keep going through life blaming your parents for your downfalls

that'll get you far
>>
File: win.gif (106 KB, 201x152) Image search: [Google]
win.gif
106 KB, 201x152
>>24779768
Yeah right, old man. I'm not weak like you. I won't be stopped by something like not having enough time and experience. I'll power my way through anybody and any situation! I'm gonna be the strongest in the universe.
>>
>>24779745
>>24779861

Oh yeah don't get the wrong idea- it was the bullying and shit that drove me to this, but ultimately it's my fault for being weak and letting what they said affect me.

If I'd known that I'd end up like this I probably would've done things differently.
>>
>>24779861
>Implying
Dude i dont care about getting far. I'm gonna kill myself most likely by Christmas. I fucking quit. You think I enjoy blaming my downfalls on my parents? Holy shit...
>>
>>24779907
Have fun being a stepping stone for actual fighters.
>>
>>24779641
you can start late in martial arts and still be very successful IF youre already an exceptional athlete in another sport, there are plenty of good examples of guys who didnt start until their 20s

if youve been spending your teenage years in front of your computer screen you can probably forget it
>>
Too late for everything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diBvnO5M-I8
>>
>tfw you will never be Delly
>>
>>24780288
you're right. i'll never know.
>>
Give it up, nigger ball is the dumbest sport just right after golf
>>
>>24778336
>Too late to accomplish dreams
>19
fuck off sure you can't be in the fucking NBA but there is still a ridiculous amount of time left for you to do anything outside of being a professional athlete.
>>
I remember being offered a spot in the national ski team when I was 11. By now I would've been competing every month and partaking in the big FIS tournaments (old buddy from my skiing days is doing this now..... RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
I was almost certainly going to join if my fucking parents didn't decide to fucking move halfway around the world.
I did a number of sports since then but I was never good at em.

I could have been something but my dreams had been shattered. I could have been doing something with my life, have an amazing healthy body, be ripped, clear consciousness etc.
>>
>>24778336
i'm 24 and i'm going back to college to play football. bout to be up in the NFL nigger

keep at it and don't give up, especially if you're only 18-25
>>
>>24778336
Do not quit. You have to keep trying until the bitter end. If you quit now I guarantee you'll end up sitting down to watch a game and the announcers will be talking about how someone in your position stuck at it and made it and you'll be kicking yourself. If you quit you don't deserve success make it or die trying.
>>
>>24778336
>>24779399
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Vnb7uhDSk
Spudd Webb, winner of multiple NBA dunk comps and 5'7. There's still hope lads.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.