[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I constantly have this feeling. Most people I see are just completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13
File: tumblr_lu7d7t08BO1r5vvsfo1_500.gif (373 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lu7d7t08BO1r5vvsfo1_500.gif
373 KB, 500x265
I constantly have this feeling. Most people I see are just completely mindless, unenlightened fools wandering around only drinking, taking drugs and having sex to enjoy their miserable lives, which they fund by working mindlessly at their pointless jobs.

People are honestly too stupid to figure out why their lives are so shitty. Or why their emotions and relationships are completely out of control. It's sad to think most people will live their whole lives like that.

Yet I still sit around by myself because I just can't find it in myself to function down on their level.
>>
>let me tell you why you should be unhappy
Fuck right off mate. I enjoy my job and my life. Just because you have a shitty perspective on life doesn't mean your point of view is better than anyone else, in fact it's probably worst.
>>
Shitsux but what can you do?

We're all just trying to do our own things and find what makes us happy. People are brainwashed and don't realize just how fucked they are by living paycheck to paycheck until they turn 65. They don't have the good sense to realize that doing the same thing over and over won't yield different results each time they do it.

It's incredibly difficult but I find with enough work you can usually find people with similar interests. I love alcohol and am obsessed with it on a near autist level. In my adventures I've gotten close to an old man who runs an abd store and a girl who is related to a guy who owns a microbrewery. This could have something to do with me touring breweries,wineries, distilleries, going to wine and beer events, and talking about alcohol to everyone I meet.

You find it in the weirdest places too. I went by my grandmothers place of work to drop something off and managed to discover one of her coworkers is real big into homebrew. We're bottling a batch of gingerbread ale tomorrow and we've swapped notes on dream designs we're working on and have made improvements on our systems from viewing each others work.

You don't have to do the same thing as them. Work towards early retirement and try to find people with similar interests. Even if you're spergtism is on beetles there are groups of guys who are obsessed with beetles. Most normies hate alcohol so it's kind of hard but it's usually easier to judge people who are into computers. I have a friend who dicks around with linux and arduino, and androidfags are everywhere. In addition to my alcohol shit I"m also working on a cheap all in one media center. I found a tiny computer for $40. I add on two each of nes, snes, n64, sega genesis, and playstation controllers and I'm set to watch any movie or play any of my older games.It will eventually all be controlled by a tablet I combine with a wireless keyboard and mouse.
>>
>>24778635

Would you do your job if it didn't pay anything? What if you had to pay to do your job, would you still do it? I find it hard to believe you would for some reason.
>>
>>24778314
You sound like a fag and you're shit's all retarded
>>
where does your sense of entitlement and self importance come from? were you in advanced classes in elementary school? I'm willing to bet you're NEET; you are not better than anybody. And no, I'm not a wagekek.
>>
>>24779141
>Would you still do your job if you didn't get paid for it?

Man OP, you really do seem to be "enlightened". I doubt many people have ever put any deep thought about that, you must be the only one so far. You have it all figured out, if such a lifestyle is completely worthless, then what do you consider to be a meaningful life?

Not the person you replied to earlier but for fucks sake OP, you kinda sound like a cunt with that attitude.
>>
>>24779343

Why so butthurt? What makes you think op feels entitled or has self importance?

Most of us posses basic levels of perception. It really doesn't take much to be better than average.nearly 50% of people are after all.

I'm willing to bet you're some mad roasty or redditor who only comes here for the dank frog maymays.
>>
>>24778314
Where do you live? I think this to, but I'm pretty sure it's because everyone in NH is addicted to opiates. When I go to Maine or Boston everyone is more lively.
>>
File: fedora1.jpg (52 KB, 557x711) Image search: [Google]
fedora1.jpg
52 KB, 557x711
>>24778314
This is you. Tea Bee H.
>>
>>24779510

I'm not op, I was just pointing out the blatant dishonesty of the guy. And Op and I are far from the only guys to realize this. Just search extreme early retirement and FIRE on google. You don't even have to leave this board. Pretty much every wagekek thread explains this idea in detail. I'm not saying the 9-5 erry day til death is completely worthless. But it is far from optimal if the goal is to be happy and do something with your life.

Since you asked, I consider a meaningful life to be one spent doing meaningful things and pursuing happiness. Wagekeking is antipodal to this.
>>
>>24779629

Wrong thread m8, no mention of atheism here. Le reddit hat meme sure is funny though. I laff everytime.
Hahaha, not believing in god and wearing a hat. Can you believe these guys?
>>
>>24778314
>dunning krueger in action
>>
>>24778314
You reek of sub-115 IQ.
>>
>>24779830
>>24779730

Jelly normies

Sorry you aren't smart enough to realize how retarded you are. I would try to explain it to you, but you wouldn't understand of course. Why bother?
>>
File: awful.png (405 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
awful.png
405 KB, 500x397
>Try to see the best in people
>Sister is an airhead, constantly showing her easier ways to do simple tasks
>Mother tries to use computers for work, doesn't even know how to turn it off or how to hook up a monitor
>Girl walks into my store with her boyfriend
>Has trouble with the door
>Stares at my products while mumbling to her boyfriend
>Points at something
"What is that"
>She's pointing at a brownie
>Literally surrounded by idiots
>>
File: 1442360069717.png (95 KB, 992x1856) Image search: [Google]
1442360069717.png
95 KB, 992x1856
>>24778635
Looks like a good time to bring this out.
>>
What's with all the normies in this thread? Man, I can't wait until the weekend is over so all of you can fuck off.
>>
>>24780033
I like how neets paint themselves as this handsome intelligent human being when it's actually the other way around.

You're worst than a nignog if you don't want to go out and contribute to society. At least nogs are forced into shitty minimal jobs.
>>
File: sheeple.png (46 KB, 376x401) Image search: [Google]
sheeple.png
46 KB, 376x401
you're not special, op. everyone thinks this way. pic related.
>>
>>24780094

How exactly is sitting in a cubicle waiting for the clock to strike 5 contributing to society? I have more important stuff to do, like masterfull symphonies, beautiful works of art, solving advanced math problems, and designing groundbreaking new systems. You stick with your 'productive' burger flipping. I'll do the real work of carrying society forward.
>>
>>24780116

Oh gee you sure showed me wrong. Everyone thinks this way, they just act the opposite way to fool everyone into thinking they don't think that. I was skeptical at first but your crudely drawn comic is irrefutable proof otherwise.
>>
>>24779894
And what exactly have you achieved?
I have unified General Relativity with Quantum Mechanics.
I have performed entire piano concertos and sonatas.
And sorry to burst your snowflake-bubble, but I'm not a normie. I'm a friendless virgin. So you don't even get that.

Come back when you can validate your superiority, otherwise just accept that you are analyzing others incorrectly. If you can't even do that, kill yourself.
>>
>>24780565

fun fact: few people act how they actually feel and think. who someone appears to be and who they actually are in their head is often two entirely different people. you have no idea what kind of thoughts are running through somebody's head (hint: they're oftentimes similar to yours).

you are not a special snowflake.
>>
>>24780549
Enjoying doing that "real work" when you don't have the money to fund yourself
>>
>>24780605
>I have unified General Relativity with Quantum Mechanics.
I don't understand your post. It comes off as someone trying to be sincere but you say this shit.
>>
>>24780648

Why? I'd rather do it while I do have the money to fund myself. It makes no sense to give everything away just to please someone else. I'll leave that to the wagekeks.
>>
>>24780669

Just typical wagekek delusion. He doesn't even know what those words mean.
>>
>>24780669
Of course you don't understand it, it isn't mainstream it.

The future already exists, time bias is the result of entropy and evolution.

>>24780715
Nice projection there, NEET
>>
File: stephanie.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
stephanie.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
>>24778314
>I constantly have this feeling.
This is a feeling that teenagers have and that quality people eventually mature out of. Part of that comes with developing a sense of humility, which really only comes with going through some genuine suffering.

>People are honestly too stupid to figure out why their lives are so shitty.
Actually, the smartest people this species has managed to produce have been arguing about this single thing for centuries and none of them have come out as definitively the victor. Millions of people have died trying to settle this dispute. This is why anyone with an ounce of common sense rolls their eyes when someone claims to have "figured it all out." If this issue was settled, we wouldn't have absolute geniuses with extremely contrasting opinions. For starters, there would be a single economic system and governance system regarded as being irrefutably correct.

>wandering around only drinking, taking drugs and having sex to enjoy their miserable lives
Okay Quentin.

>working mindlessly at their pointless jobs.
A lot of the jobs you consider pointless are actually necessary and far more complex than they appear to the outsider such as yourself. I'm a programmer, I make websites. Most people have no idea how complicated that can become. I make use of a huge international telecom system and a modern automobile every day, I don't really know how either of them work. However just by looking at the sheer amount of work my car does without much maintenance I have a lot of respect for the work that went into making that possible.

Some random fucko working a 9-5 spent years working on a single component out of the thousands in that car, and I use it without knowing a god damn thing about it or even his name. The fact I utilize the product of that labor every day proves that labor was not pointless, so I respect that unnamed fucko. See how that works?
>>
>>24780549
>I have more important stuff to do, like masterfull symphonies, beautiful works of art, solving advanced math problems, and designing groundbreaking new systems

gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: a.png (247 KB, 681x584) Image search: [Google]
a.png
247 KB, 681x584
>>24780612
Reminds of this image
>>
>>24781229

not b8, thanks for the (you) though
>>
op is a 15 year old fag lel
>>
>>24781283

says the butthurt normo lel
>>
>>24778314
Just read some Salinger already.
>>
>>24780094
It's like that because it has a joking attitude.
>>
>>24778314
Get off your high horse, OP. That's your perspective and only holds true for you and anyone who happens to agree with you.
>>
>>24778314
Wew lad. I've never seen such a special snowflake.
>>
File: 1441572914491.png (475 KB, 495x560) Image search: [Google]
1441572914491.png
475 KB, 495x560
>>24779657
Le silly hat meme covers more ground than simply atheism. It's the caricature of the pretentious dweeb as a whole. Just how fucking dumb are you?
>>
File: 1422159184963.png (210 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
1422159184963.png
210 KB, 500x320
>>24778314
>I just can't find it in myself to function down on their level.

Posting this on r9k
>>
>>24778314
Wow OP.
Great blog.
You should get a trip so I can subscribe filter you
>>
File: wizard3.jpg (790 KB, 1855x1560) Image search: [Google]
wizard3.jpg
790 KB, 1855x1560
>>24778314
Wise r9k wizard
>>
>>24778314
Focus on improving yourself it something that you can never master. When you love yourself your life will improve. The best place to start is looking into logic and philosophy and how you can improve yourself by thinking better. The other place to go is fitness. The self will forever be the final frontier, as it is limitless. The journey to discover the self may be endless, but that is the price paid for no limits upon the self.
>>
File: ggggggg.png (635 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
ggggggg.png
635 KB, 768x432
>>24779343
OP here,

>>24779257
found one

>>24779343
I'm not entitled to anything, I'm not important at all.
Just making some observations.

>>24779629
Religion isn't even a part of this, though there is some correlation.

>>24780950
I was talking about people's individual lives, not the entire system as a whole.

>>24781255
I've always though about this whenever I've met someone too.
Overtime you see more and more of a friend, but in most relationships you'll never see everything.
>>
File: 1354765147967.jpg (25 KB, 341x321) Image search: [Google]
1354765147967.jpg
25 KB, 341x321
the people who you aren't referring to feel the same, so they avoid you too because they make the same mistake you are of pre-judgement.
like i'm sure OP is a cool guy, but right now he seems like a gigantic douche turd unfortunately.

you'll run into people who accept everyone. you'll run into someone who accepts you, even if you choose to be a hermit and it will change you perceive people. it just hasn't happened yet, therefore, pessimism.
>>
>>24778314
You are fucking narcissist autist. If you were a real Human, you would feel compassion towards them and thought of ways to free them.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.