[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here used these as an everyday shoe? I know it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
Has anyone here used these as an everyday shoe? I know it's pretty unconventional but I've seen a few people wear them in public and they look very comfortable.
>>
File: vivobarefoot.jpg (194 KB, 1500x1142) Image search: [Google]
vivobarefoot.jpg
194 KB, 1500x1142
I wear pic related daily. It is a barefoot shoe company that does not do the toe thing with any of their shoes. I've had them for 3 years now and they are the greatest shoe I've ever worn.

first week and a half was kind of uncomfortable as I wasn't used to walking around "barefoot" everywhere, but once I got used to it I have loved it since.
>>
>>24777969
I'd wear those for hiking if I ever hiked.
>>
>>24778548
Looks good but they're kinda pricey
>>
>>24777969
Do you know how autistic you'd look if you wore these every day?

Not just 4chan meme autism, but actual autism autistic.
>>
>>24778910
Unfortunately yes. Still I've worn mine every day for 3 years, on hikes, ski trips, everything, also a pretty comfortable cycling shoe. Part of the left shoe's shoelace broke last week and that is the first thing that has happened to them.

Needless of the price, Id be willing to pay the price on their site if the next pair would be as comfortable and handle everything like this pair has.
>>
File: slate62-1024x639[1].jpg (170 KB, 1024x639) Image search: [Google]
slate62-1024x639[1].jpg
170 KB, 1024x639
>>24777969
Yes. I used to wear these daily just about anywhere, from when I got my first pair one year ago until last August. I bought into the whole barefoot shoe movement because it actually allowed me to regain the ability to go on long walks after injuring my foot and knee. However, I dropped the VFF because the one piece of propaganda about barefooting which proved false for me is that you don't need any protection form hard surfaces. I can walk barefoot on the back or in grass, mud, etc. But since I live in the city and walk everywhere, mostly on pavement, shit fucks up my feet from too much repeated force of impact. There was also that it got me lots of unwanted attention form people making comments on them.

Pic related is my everyday shoe, Lems. They look normal, unlike most other shoes of this type this one is designed for causal wear- not running, has some texture, and a thin insole while still being considered a barefoot shoe with a wide toe space. I also wear sandals, Sanuk slip-ons, and sometimes Converse flats.

>>24778548
I see people wearing Vivibarefoot, but never actually seen anyone else wearing Lems outside before ever. Never liked the vivo because last time I checked the mens models were only running shoes, and I like the aesthetics of Lems better anyway.

>>24778654
Hiking is the one occasion I may wear toe shoes again, but the thicker ones called Spyridon which are thicker and made for off road use.

>>24779069
I wore out my last Pair of Lems after just 4 months, even rotating with other shoes. I guess its because I walk a lot... walking 4 hours casually isn't normal for most people, not to mention just getting place to place without a car uses up a lot of shoe.
>>
Also, these are the articles that inspired me to try barefooting instead of having this device implanted in my foot to stop the knee pain. I also worked with a physcial therapist for 2 months doing muscle activation and deep tissue release.

http://sock-doc.com/barefoot-minimalist-walking-shoes/
http://sock-doc.com/lose-your-shoes/
>>
>>24777969
>>24779024
One of my lecturers wore a pair the last week, dunno what possessed her to to do such a thing. Perhaps she s autistic? It wouldn't surprise me to be honest
>>
>>24778548
they look like girls shoes
>>
File: lems-shoes-primal2-left[2].jpg (193 KB, 800x380) Image search: [Google]
lems-shoes-primal2-left[2].jpg
193 KB, 800x380
>>24780528
for people accustomed to barefooting they are actually comfortable to wear all day, lotta people wear then to work in offices even

>>24780537
well they are, duh, I think she's actually a girl

Lems sneakers are unisex except for the light blue one listed only under womens, but its the same shoe just different color and size translation
>>
>>24779024
I see men in NYC wear these all the time, especially if they do any type of outdoor hobby.
>>
>>24777969
there was a guy in my office building who wore them to work. i saw those shoes nearly every time i went to the bathroom, because he would sit in the handicapped stall for 3 or 4 hours a day.

i think he was fired a while back or got his bowels taken care of, because it's been a while since i've seen him.
>>
>>24780176
Those in the pic actually look pretty nice
>>
>>24777969
No. Get a pair of big manly boots, you fag.
>>
>>24781987
fuck off, I love being a happy manchild
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.