[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be 25 >Have dad with early onset Alzheimer's and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
>Be 25
>Have dad with early onset Alzheimer's and stage 4 cancer.
>Visit dad, he thinks I'm his dead brother.
>Dad tells me, "I don't think I was a very good father."
>Try to explain to him that I've always thought he was a great father, and that I love him.
>He doesn't understand what I'm saying.
>Even if he could, he wouldn't remember.
>Realize he must have always thought he was a bad father since he isn't really capable of forming new opinions/memories at this point.
>Realize I'd never told him what he meant to me when he still had his mind.

Tell your parents what they mean to you, it might be too late before you know it.
>>
File: 1427683939613.png (58 KB, 664x793) Image search: [Google]
1427683939613.png
58 KB, 664x793
good luck m8

i will have a feel for you tonight
>>
>>24777907
Damn son.

oc
>>
>>24777907
Assuming they're still coherent, I don't know how people with Alzheimer's decide to continue to live. The day I ever get diagnosed with something like that is the day I kill myself.
>>
>>24778042
Once they get beyond a certain point they don't know there's anything wrong with them any more.
>>
>>24777907
So glad I told my father he was a useless fuck of a man before he got Alzheimers.
>>
>>24778042
by that point it's too late, senpai
>>
>>24777907
>it might be too late before you know it.

if nothing in this world fucking matters, what would that matter all of a sudden? so if you don't do it, you get a bit of a sinking feeling, one of regret. well, that's just too bad, normie, many of these bad feels will creep up on you after that time and time again as well.
>>
File: 1446759927360.jpg (50 KB, 636x781) Image search: [Google]
1446759927360.jpg
50 KB, 636x781
I wasn't looking for feels tonight
>>
>>24778431
I forgot that one either has to be a normie or a nihilist.
>>
>>24777907
If your dad has alzheimers doesn't that mean you are at risk of having it?
>>
>>24779158
We all are, but I'm at a higher risk, yes.
>>
>>24777907
Grandpa has had two strokes.
He's limping, he's almost completely lost his hearing, he refuses to use a cane.
He only ever caused mom and grandma pain, grandma had breast cancer and couldn't pay for the operation because he conveniently had his first stroke at that time, due to his smoking and refusal to take medication. For most of his life he cheated on her with many woman.
Grandma was the kindest person i've ever known, and many other people say so as well. And she's dead because of his self centeredness.

I don't know how i should feel
>>
I'm not all that close with my parents anymore.
>>
File: 1410751468524.png (172 KB, 1000x418) Image search: [Google]
1410751468524.png
172 KB, 1000x418
>>24778273
You're doing gods work anon. You've also reminded me to keep a "now that you're dying I can finally tell you..." speech for my parents.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.