[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i don't understand vegans, aren't plants living things too?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 15
File: 1449033041770.png (299 KB, 673x669) Image search: [Google]
1449033041770.png
299 KB, 673x669
i don't understand vegans, aren't plants living things too?
>>
plants cant feel
>>
>>24776861
plants don't scream or bleed so it doesn't hurt their feelings when they die
>>
>>24776861

There's no evidence that suggests plants are conscious.
>>
No more drugs. .
>>
>>24776861
>>24776885
>>24776910
>>24776931

they also don't have a central nervous system.

Great thread OP.
>>
File: omnomnom.jpg (44 KB, 278x457) Image search: [Google]
omnomnom.jpg
44 KB, 278x457
>muh naturalistic fallacy!
Humans, as a group, to not engage in immoral behavior. Murder etc are immoral precisely BECAUSE they are innately revolting. Deviant members engaging in deviancy is no proof that the natural is anything less than moral. Indeed, to argue for a moral system that prohibits natural human behavior, that is, to argue for a "moral system" that is unarguably inhumane, is both absurd and abhorrent.

>b-but muh utilitarianism!
Carnivorism is perfectly compatible with Positive Utilitarianism, and Negative Utilitarianism (from which vegfags derive their "morality") is ludicrously grotesque, as Smart put it:

"Suppose that a ruler controls a weapon capable of instantly and painlessly destroying the [world]. Now it is empirically certain that there would be some suffering before all those alive on any proposed destruction day were to die in the natural course of events. Consequently the use of the weapon is bound to diminish suffering, and would be the ruler's duty on NU grounds."

We see then that veganism is the not merely the subjection of the moral for the amoral, but the subjection of the moral for the immoral. The Vegan is shown to be either a monstrous degenerate who wishes to extinguish Life itself, or simpleton you doesn't understand the philosophical underpinnings of their 'morality'.
>>
>>24777019
haha having fun arguing with yourself there buddy?
>>
>>24777158
all that roughage causing some anal-irritation, vegfag?
>>
>>24777019
bro what the fuck
>>
>>24776861
Yes, but to vegans things that are alive but cannot feel pain are more than okay to eat.
>>
>>24777964
>plants dont feel pain
>>
>>24778000
>lying about how plants don't feel pain
Get out, you bloodthirsty vegan.
>>
>>24776885
That's what they used to say about women and niggers.

I'm sure the tomato cries and begs you to not kill it when you cut it.
>>
>>24776861
Not everyone's a vegan or vegetarian because they care about animals. Some of us just think it's healthier.
>>
>>24776861
Plants have a lower level of sentience, self recognition and don't feel emotions and pain like we mammals. A calf in a veal factory lives it life in pain and suffers while a cabbage is not capable of this emotion or feeling. Applying emotions and feelings to animals is perfectly logical and understandable, even observable from scientific research. Not true of plants being raised and eaten.
>>
>>24777465
Well, it is certainly not causing hypertension and obesity eh fat boy.
>>
>>24778161
A plant may be capable of feeling pain. Ok... But what are we humans and other animals to eat? Anyone with a shred of ethics and a slight bit of empathy can understand that the modern meat industry creates very terrible conditions for animals and inflicts on sentient and feeling creatures pain and other horrors that could be seen as torture. Yet people look past it due to tradition and taste. There is no reason to raise an animal only to slaughter it. Not in this day and age when we understand human health fairly well and we understand animals can feel pain comparable to us. Comparing vegetables to animals is not a good comparison. Both are alive but not in the same way. We all kill creatures even vegans. Simply walking or driving a car will kill insects that have higher sentience than plants but lower than higher animals like pigs and cows. If you experience modern animal/meat production first hand, see the conditions and recognize how horrible it is for animals you will usually understand how disgusting it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPGIMCmpfxU

The above video is of a meat processing plant that makes "spam". At 3:00 you can see the many puss filled abscesses being displayed on the pigs being slaughtered. Would you eat that shit? That's disgusting.

If you eat chicken or turkey you probably also eat feces.

Think about the puss. Would you knowingly consume such meat knowing it was puss filled? I wouldn't. Ultimately it is a lifestyle or ethical choice.
>>
File: 1420410538388.png (8 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1420410538388.png
8 KB, 473x500
>>24778259
>>24778344
>healthy

http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/14/4/963.long
>Being a vegan was associated with a higher mortality risk (1.59; 95% CI, 0.98-2.59) . . .when compared with nonvegetarians. . .accounting for all other variables
http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/14/4/963.long

>A vegetarian diet is associated with higher rates of allergies, cancer, and mental illness, as well as a poorer quality of life compared to carnivorous diets, according to a new study.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/vegetarians-are-less-healthy-and-have-a-lower-quality-of-life-than-meateaters-scientists-say-9236340.html
>>
File: 1419282478984.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1419282478984.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
>>24778609
>ethics
already covered, degenerate: >>24777019
>>
>>24778611
And I can pull studies stating the opposite of those studies. You must not know how research and "studies" are conducted in this world.
>>
Other animals, which, on account of their interests having been neglected by the insensibility of the ancient jurists, stand degraded into the class of things. ... The day has been, I grieve it to say in many places it is not yet past, in which the greater part of the species, under the denomination of slaves, have been treated ... upon the same footing as ... animals are still. The day may come, when the rest of the animal creation may acquire those rights which never could have been withholden from them but by the hand of tyranny. The French have already discovered that the blackness of skin is no reason why a human being should be abandoned without redress to the caprice of a tormentor. It may come one day to be recognized, that the number of legs, the villosity of the skin, or the termination of the os sacrum, are reasons equally insufficient for abandoning a sensitive being to the same fate. What else is it that should trace the insuperable line? Is it the faculty of reason, or perhaps, the faculty for discourse?...the question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? Why should the law refuse its protection to any sensitive being?... The time will come when humanity will extend its mantle over everything which breathes...
>>
>>24778306
Plants do have cognition but its completely alien to our minds, they communicate with eachother using chemical signals or basically they talk VIA SMELLS.
>>
>>24778611
is this what fatties tell themselves to feel better about being subhumans
>>
>>24778611
Conclusions: Both vegetarians and nonvegetarian health-conscious persons in this study have reduced mortality compared with the general population.

What this is saying is that if you are a vegetarian or not. If you stay physically fit and exercise you have decreased mortality rate opposed to those who don't.

Standardized mortality ratios for all-cause mortality was significantly below 100: 59 [95% confidence interval (95% CI), 54-64], predominantly due to a deficit of deaths from circulatory diseases.

A vegan/vegetarian can have a terrible diet. The study doesn't say "vegan/vegetarian diets are unhealthy" only that it is not a single factor in health.

My question is do you know how to read scientific research or are you simply pasting something hoping to prove your point?
>>
>>24778638
You sound like a fun person to be around. I'm betting you are fat. The typical self hating fat boy. You know I'm right.
>>
>>24778682
OK, if you are correct then we are both entities that exist on earth. Should we not survive? What do you propose as a way for human to exist.
>>
For everyone who thinks we shouldn't have a diet of both plants and animals, look at our teeth for evidence.
Is fucking stupid and deserves to die off from malnutrition.
>>
>>24776885
>>24776958
>>24776910
>>24777964
So if you kill them painlessly it's okay to eat them?
>>
File: 1425876958208.png (12 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
1425876958208.png
12 KB, 530x492
>>24778733
>The study doesn't say "vegan/vegetarian diets are unhealthy" only that it is not a single factor in health.
Which is the point, you can't argue for vegetarianism an the basis of "health" if it isn't healthier.
>>
>>24778638
I know that colon cancer (#2 cause of cancer deaths) is higher in consumers of beef and a high fiber diet is healthy--animal products have NO fiber.

I see this Austrian study is seriously flawed with a short time spectrum, low numbers and with more than 3/4 women and more than half were under 40. No wonder their summary asked for more studies to be done. There's a mountain of evidence from more than 50 years ago (Framingham Study) to show cardiovascular advantages of a vegetarian diet, and Pritikin (1970's) showed this advantage includes cancer and other diseases.
>>
File: 1315949095120.jpg (26 KB, 548x459) Image search: [Google]
1315949095120.jpg
26 KB, 548x459
>>24778751
6', 160lbs

face it kuck, you've been sold a bill of goods
>>
>>24778928
Did you even read the study and the results or just the bold title?
>>
>>24778643

So do it.
>>
>>24778928
I say eat what you want and live the life you want.

Your actions and the shit you put in your body won't affect me in my life. We will never meet and I don't care if you life off your mother's cooking for the next 40 years. My observations of the meat industry and the inefficiency and cruelty that it promotes is a significant factor. And as a competitive athlete, eating a vegetarian diet made me feel better and recover faster.
>>
why do some veg(etari)ans still believe that fish cannot feel?
why bother being so deluded?
just to be a special snowflake?
>>
>>24779009
Pics and time stamp or you are lying... Also, 6' and 160? Why are you so fucking skinny? What's wrong with you?
>>
No face no pain.
>>
>>24779093

>muh feels

You have been unoriginal comment
>>
>>24779048
There's a mountain of evidence from more than 50 years ago (Framingham Study) to show cardiovascular advantages of a vegetarian diet, and Pritikin (1970's) showed this advantage includes cancer and other diseases.

I have more and others that are more recent. But what do I gain from proving a child wrong on the internet? Your job is to win silver medals at the Special Olympics not mine.
>>
File: 140754.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
140754.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>>24778611
BLOWN THE ABSOLUTE FUCK OUT

SALAD SHOOTER VEGFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>24779186
... How old are you kid?
>>
>>24779152
what is a face?
and why would you use an incorrect statement to justify your diet and or morals?
>>
>>24779203
This coming from the white kid who has never taken down game or hunted for food in his entire life. Eat your plastic supermarket meat like a good robot.
>>
>>24779186
You have been unoriginal comment ,,, You sound asian... Like a sociopath Chinese or something. Am I right? Or do you simply possess poor English language skills?
>>
>>24779252
Dogs are tasty why do you hate us for eating food?
>>
File: 1429854550344.jpg (14 KB, 227x294) Image search: [Google]
1429854550344.jpg
14 KB, 227x294
>>24779238
>PROJECTING THIS HARD
>BEING THIS MAD BECAUSE SOME RANDOM KID BTFO OF HIM ON THE INTERNET

LMFAO

STAY MAD NEEDLE DICK GREENPOOPER

LEEEEEEEEEEEEELMAOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>24779132
Vegans and vegetarians don't eat fish. The word you're looking for is pescatarian.
>>
>>24779017

/thread

dkmrehthkmtfrdhkmrfkmhth
>>
>>24778955
Yes, a decrease in IHD -- and a increase in stroke. There's no decrease in colorectal cancer, there is, however, an INCREASE in stomach cancer.

You can't pick-and-choose diseases if you're arguing HEALTH, you must use all-cause mortality. Do you not want to die from heart disease or do you not want to die? Because the data is rather unequivocal in that diet is insignificant contributor to all-cause mortality rates.

And again, that is the point, you can't argue for vegetarianism an the basis of "health" if it isn't healthier. And it isn't healthier.
>>
>>24779328
thank you, I didn't know
>google to make sure
>definition: a person who does not eat meat but does eat fish.
now I'm pissed off again
>>
>>24776885
actually they can

that includes pain, some sort of extrenal stimuli experiment on plants proved it
>>
>>24779284
I knew you were a Chink... I just hate Chinks in general. Not only for eating dogs but because you are basically like atheist Jews. You are very deceptive and amoral as a people. You are scientifically efficient but lack any moral code or fabric that holds back your most atrocious deeds. You seek every opportunity to cheat and gain an advantage then when you are caught you cower and shirk blame. You are also disgusting physically in general. Your culture's high degree of sociopaths and ruthless nature make you even less desirable as a people. In general you lack creativity but when you do find a way to accomplish a goal you won't hesitate to lie, cheat, steal, or kill your way to obtaining what you want. You are completely ruthless in your pursuits, yet you lack honor. So, those are a few reasons why I dislike you. Ahhh... almost forgot about how you rape the world and the planets most endangered animals all in the name of superstition... That said I have met a few Asians I like and am friends with, but very few.

Overall, as a people you are complete shit. So enjoy your shark fin soup and your tiger penis and bear bile you disgusting alien.
>>
>>24779302
I will have you know I have a rather thick cock, that is over 6 inches in circumference, thank you very much. I would be happy to put it in your Mother's mouth or ass. Given she showers after she fucks you of course.
>>
>>24779400
Vegans and vegetarians consider fish to be meat if that makes you feel better.
>>
>>24779431
You should be kinder to your master white pig, we will enslave all of you non chinese humans on earth once the whiteys are gone and they will be gone because they are fools guided by their emotions.
>>
>>24779346
You are very wise. Can you share with us the BEST diet one should eat for maximum health?

Also share with us the healthiest exercise regime?

Thank You.
>>
Why are there vegans? Because some of us have souls. If you watch something like this (http://www.meat.org) and are completely unaffected, you're just another product of the insane disconnect that is bred through isolation. It takes balls to admit that your entire life, you've been ignoring the impacts of your factory farmed meat. Once you're educated, it's impossible to go back. Unless of course you're a cruel fucking bastard.
>>
>>24779522
Its just food dude who cares if it squeals as long its dead and in the market I dont give a shit.
>>
>>24779505
No, I'm black. We will be the dominant race on Earth and though we lack the absolute organization and intelligence of you Asians we do over come you in brutal savagery and birthrate. You admire us for the physical athletic prowess you will never possess. The last time your people were accosted by savages they built a wall. It didn't work and you had to civilize the savages by incorporating them into your culture. But, it won't happen with my people. You will be on top then you will be overtaken and we will cook you and eat you. Give us time.
>>
>>24779583
Dont me laugh you jungle ape, you will never beat us, we arent spineless weaklings like the whites we will torment you until you mind breaks from the trauma and work you to death in manual labor. Your future is a dark one you fucking nigger.
>>
>>24779522
They are mostly indifferent. They look for ways to rationalize meat eating but most don't care. They just like it because they are non questioning and boring people who don't question the world around them. They are basically sheep eating sheep.
>>
File: 1442912869565.png (121 KB, 1548x1468) Image search: [Google]
1442912869565.png
121 KB, 1548x1468
>>24779137
>BMI of 21
>fucking skinny
Just how fat are you that that's unbelievably thin?

>>24779017
Yes, did you? Diet did not contribute to their mortality compared with the general population, being active, not being fat, and smoking at lower rates did. All studies that actually account for non-diet factors come to this same conclusion, e.g.:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12001975
>[British vegetarians] death rates are similar to those of comparable non-vegetarians, suggesting that much of this benefit may be attributed to non-dietary lifestyle factors such as a low prevalence of smoking and a generally high socio-economic status, or to aspects of the diet other than the avoidance of meat and fish.

>>24779093
>inefficiency
Do you eat nothing but rice and beans and a daily vitamin? No?!? Gott im Himmel! The inefficiency!!!!!
>and cruelty
Life is suffering. We've already gone over this (>>24777019). Kindly fuck off with your grotesque anti-life death fetishism.
>>
>>24779623
Well, being from Africa the word nigger is not offensive to me. If you were well read you'd know the worst word to call an African black man is kaffir. But I digress. Think about it... Your tiny Asian cock does not satisfy your women. They may tell you this but they crave at least 7 or more inches inside of them. This may be one reason why your people are so concerned with conquering, because you need to prove your manhood in some way and that way is not through being sexual stallions. I can do things to your woman that you cannot do in one million years. Every time you lay with your bride you must realise that she knows there is better in the world. So do you. You will subjugate us as most have but you will never escape the inevitable that we will out number you. We will watch your children, drive your wife, cut your hair, clean your houses. We will gladly be your servant and face your subjugation and tyranny for a long time, but one day something will snap and we will turn on you. And you won't have the numbers to stop us. You will be the new south african whites.

You believe you will always be masters? You are only playing master. Playing the role of white men. It was not long ago that you were all dirt farmers. And now you are the world's royalty. Can you believe this? My Lord have I heard such tales before. When we outnumber you we will devour you yellow man. Don't you forget this.
>>
>>24779663
6' 160... You are a skeleton. You have a skinny weak body. If you went to prison you'd be raped and abused for being so small.

BMI also says almost ALL American Football players are obese... Not a good measurement. It is based on skinny white boys like you.

No need to post cartoons. I don't read them.

"Life is suffering" fuck yes it is if you are a 160 male who couldn't fight is way out of wet paper bag. Fuck I was 160 at 14 years old and I'd hate to be such a small man. If you are going to eat meat you might as well get the benefit of bulking up and not looking like a skinny faggot. You weigh only two and a half stone more than my dog... That's just sad. Also sad you think being this small is a good thing.

And post all you want you are wrong. And your opinion is irrelevant.
>>
File: fat-dog.jpg (55 KB, 720x324) Image search: [Google]
fat-dog.jpg
55 KB, 720x324
>>24779868
>b-bmi isnt accurate, just look at professional athletes!
spoken like a true fatty. go be fat somewhere else

>120lb dog
poor doge
>>
>>24778818
Yes, exactly. See, you know the drill.
>>
vegans just do whatever the fuck they want for their own reasons, some to join a group, some to be smug assholes, just like everything else on this rock
>>
>>24779430
VEGANS BTFO
>>
I'm a vegetarian for the environments sake not because it makes me sad when dumb animals die.
>>
File: Walker.jpg (13 KB, 272x186) Image search: [Google]
Walker.jpg
13 KB, 272x186
>>24780108
ryds ht wt bmi
Jerome Bettis 13662 71 252 35.1
Jamal Lewis 9105 71 240 33.5
Ricky Williams 7112 70 226 32.4
Earl Campbell 9407 71 232 32.4
Emmitt Smith 18355 70 221 31.7
LaDainian To 10650 70 221 31.7
Priest Holmes 8172 69 213 31.5
Shaun Alexand 9429 71 225 31.4
Stephen Davis 8052 72 230 31.2
Fred Taylor 10715 73 234 30.9
Barry Sanders 15269 68 203 30.9
Earnest Byner 8261 70 215 30.8
Rodney Hampt 6897 71 221 30.8
Gerald Riggs 8188 73 230 30.3
Marshall Faul 12279 70 211 30.3

Herschel Walker 225 73 225 29.7

Overweight: Your BMI is 25 to 29.9 ... Shit.. Herschel Walker is Overweight! He's damn near Obese... Do you see now?

Picture of Walker at around age 50. He's also a vegetarian.

Look up his training routine. You couldn't do it.

Also for a healthy 120 lb dog look up Anatolian Shepard.

The BMI is a horrible measurement of health. So, using your logic all the NFL running backs I have posted are either Overweight or Obese according to BMI.. please explain this? Then explain how BMI is made for skinny white boys like you and is culturally skewed. Will you look like Walker when you are half a century old? I doubt it. I doubt anyone in your family does.
>>
>>24776861
Vegetarian here who tries to avoid diary. I'm vegetarian because I'm an environmentalist, my meat eating habits weren't healthy, reducing suffering to animals is something I believe we should strive for, and I didn't like meat all that much to begin with.
>>
File: priest holmes.jpg (60 KB, 595x641) Image search: [Google]
priest holmes.jpg
60 KB, 595x641
>>24780108
Here is a picture of the "obese" Priest Holmes lifting his child over his head with is fat arms. Why doesn't this guy have muscle? He must be obese right? Of course he is he has a BMI of 31.5 ...
>>
>>24776861
You kill more plants if you use animals.
>>
>>24777019
What animal is that, it's cute.
>>
>>24776958
>>24776931
What if we can breed cows without consciousness or a central nervous system will it be ok to eat them?
>>
>>24777019
The anti-buddha is a legend man, damn he's already working magic.
>>
>>24780690
It doesn't matter you fat fuck. No one is thinking about your BMI, they're thinking about your hideous lunch lady arms.
>>
>>24781611
MFW I'm in better shape than you.
>>
>>24781611
Cannot win the debate so he just insults the other guy. You are a skinny fuck and BMI doesn't mean shit. Hit the gym skinny faggot.
>>
>>24778955
>consumers of beef and a high fiber diet is healthy--animal products have NO fiber.

Implying meat eaters can't eat fruits with fiber.
Your argument sound like we're exclusive carnivorous
>>
File: 1443964961829.jpg (68 KB, 503x651) Image search: [Google]
1443964961829.jpg
68 KB, 503x651
>VEGAN
>HEALTHY
>>
File: 1443964876718.jpg (39 KB, 511x574) Image search: [Google]
1443964876718.jpg
39 KB, 511x574
LMAO FUCKING VEGAN FAGS BTFO
>>
>>24781562
I suppose. but it'd be more a hunk of protein than a "cow".
>>
>>24779663
Finally a strong utilitarian position on /r9k/, I'm impressed.

If vegetarians were really interested in their cause they'd research non-animal meat sources. People would switch on their own will if they found it worthwile.
>>
I swear to god that Pepe winked at me just now.

Am I losing it?
>>
File: 00welcome.jpg (29 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
00welcome.jpg
29 KB, 400x397
>>24781790
isn't that exactly what you are doing you fatass bitch? lel mfw there is nothing wrong with being skinny
>>
I just don't get why anyone gives a shit. So I choose to stop eating meat why should that bother anyone?
Meat eating is truly a cult.
>>
>>24783185
Stay skinny. Denial is a powerful thing.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.